The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian, Punk and the IWC.

+2
sodhat
Mr H
6 posters

Go down

Christian, Punk and the IWC. Empty Christian, Punk and the IWC.

Post by Mr H Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Cast your minds back to Extreme Rules, Christian wins his first ever World Championship and the wrestling section on 606v2 is ecstatic. We all mention how pleased we are that this darling of the IWC has finally been given the strap he deserves, and then BOOM - 5 days later on Smackdown he loses the title to Randy Orton. This place is up in arms! We are slating the WWE, slating Vince McMahon, and feeling so sorry for Christian. How could they do this to him? It appeared it was just a token run after his pal Edge retired. But the IWC were not happy, and this place vented their frustration.

Fast forward to 27th June. CM Punk delivers one of the best promos ever seen in the WWE and one of the best storylines in recent memory begins. Everyone is talking about Punk, he's the name on everyones lips and this place cant get enough of him. Article after article, comment after comment, its all about Punk. Then at the MITB he and Cena deliver one of the best WWE Title matches in a long long time, a 30 minute classic ending with CM Punk shocking the world and winning the WWE Title. Vince McMahon is a genius! Also at this PPV, some guy called Christian regained the World Heavyweight Championship from Randy Orton.

Post the MITB PPV, Punk again has been the guy everyone is talking about, what a match he had with Cena, what will happen with his contract, the man is a god, every wrestling fan wants to be as cool as CM Punk.

So here we are, Wednesday 27th July and Christian is still the World Heavyweight Champion, and it appears he will hold onto the title until atleast Summerslam. But nobody is talking about Christian anymore? Are we not pleased for him that he's finally getting a proper run with the title? Hell he has had some brilliant matches with Randy Orton, but they barely get a mention. He just seems to be an afterthought now?

I for one feel a bit sorry for Christian. His Championship win has been completely overshadowed by CM Punk, most will argue rightly so. The IWC are a fickle bunch, arent they?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Christian, Punk and the IWC. Empty Re: Christian, Punk and the IWC.

Post by sodhat Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:58 pm

In this case I think it's been Punk is such a distraction, and everything else is 'meh' in comparison.

I agree with the crux of the article, that it doesn't take much for the IWC to change viewpoints or laud one over another. I think Vince and WWE realise this too, which is perhaps why (up till now...?) they have been given short shrift.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:00 pm

That's because he didn't really win did he?

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:00 pm

I do see what you mean, but the main reason all the focus has been on Punk is because he was in IMO not just a good, but a truly great match with Cena at MitB, with an electric crowd and massive storyline. Raw is always going to get more attention than SmackDown, as it's the 'A' show, and I have stiil seen a couple of articles on here alluding to Christian's triumph.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:22 pm

I said at the time the biggest compliment you can give Punk is that he has completely over-shadowed Christian, I'm delighted they're giving him a run but Punks role was just perfection

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:26 pm

The thing im most interested in now is the content of Punk's next promo on Raw. Surely it will have to be in the vein of a babyface? I cant see him panning the fans again. It'll have to be delivered in an anti-authority style and remain controversial. He'll have everyone in the palm of his hand, that is for sure. Cant wait to hear what he has to say.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:29 pm

I think it will be a typical kind of middle-finger-to-the-man promo, whilst still bordering on a shoot. I agree he can't go on insulting the fans -- they have effectively turned him now anyway by chanting his name everywhere.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:05 pm

America loves those anti-establishment figures, particularly in combat, Ali, Rambo an Austin to name but a popular few

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:38 pm

the-gaffer wrote:America loves those anti-establishment figures, particularly in combat, Ali, Rambo an Austin to name but a popular few

Osama Bin Laden as well

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down