The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+28
Ozzy3213
Cymroglan
Dave.
Breadvan
Gibson
rodders
OnASideNote
Pal Joey
Mickado
WillyGilly
Rava
littleswannygirl
Suspicious lurker
The_Hound_of_Harrow
prop_lyd
PenfroPete
Thomond
Notch
Glas a du
Cari
Luckless Pedestrian
nottins
MBTGOG
Mick(TEFC)
red_stag
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
mickyt
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
32 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 27 Jul 2011, 5:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?
RedWine cider guinness Bubbly Ale appletini

FYI, the last pub was :
https://www.606v2.com/t10092p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#316272
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 28 Jul 2011, 7:58 am

Bore da pawb / good morning all, another grand day by the looks of things!

Hughie, I've read your message and opened the link for long enough to know what it is - but I'll have to wait 'til I'm home before I can watch it! OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 28 Jul 2011, 8:12 am

Did anyone watch that 'the Code' programme on BBC Two last night? It was so frustrating to watch. The subject matter was actually interesting, but the production was terrible. Too many unnecessary camera and sound effects, they kept repeating the same shots over and over again, and they stretched over an hour what would have been better as a concise half-hour programme. I felt sorry for the presenter because it wasn't his fault that they'd made a pig's a rse of his programme.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 28 Jul 2011, 8:25 am

Morning friends!

Manky day in Dublin today, fine rain (soaks you through) but it’s due to clear up later and stay good all weekend, which is a bonus. Left work yesterday and the sun was splitting the stones, but by the time I reached the beer garden it was wazzing down. Bloody typical!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 28 Jul 2011, 8:33 am

That sort of rain is the harbinger of fine weather. My great grandfather used to mow hay in it as it was kinder to the horses and...oh hang on, sorry, I forgot nobody on here is interested in farming.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 8:45 am

Bore da/morning all.

Stayed up far too late again last night so really struggling this morning. May actually have to have a cuppa to wake me up properly.

Hope all are well, just one more day till the weekend. Thank Flip for that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 28 Jul 2011, 8:50 am

Glas, my Da worked on a farm. It was a turf farm though, so I’ve no idea about livestock!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 28 Jul 2011, 8:54 am

Sun just gone down here...another good day.

So happy it's going to be warmer in the next week... up to 22. It was -6 last night in the capital but milder here on the coast. Only six weeks to go until RWC too. Feeling fine.

0-0 North Harbour - Hawkes Bay after 15 mins in the ITM Cup.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 28 Jul 2011, 8:54 am

I'm interested in the results of farming if they're delicious.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 28 Jul 2011, 8:58 am

Yeah, I like Delicious and Pink Ladies.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:09 am

apples...

10-0 to HB

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:10 am

I'm a Munster culchie. Naturally, my uncle owns a dairy farm and so did an ex-girlfriend Smile

Maybe its because I am unmotivated after handing in my notice but I slept in 1 hour today and miraculously wasn't late for work.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:16 am

red_stag wrote:I'm a Munster culchie. Naturally, my uncle owns a dairy farm and so did an ex-girlfriend Smile

Maybe its because I am unmotivated after handing in my notice but I slept in 1 hour today and miraculously wasn't late for work.

Any news on the job interviews? You're not going for the white thatched cottage one out of town...is the other option available?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:17 am

Cari wrote:Bore da pawb coffee

I've just seen Aled Brew walking down my road wheeling a pushchair. Awh!

Enjoy the cricket Glas...should stay dry for it.

Who was in it, Cariadwr, Andy Powell?! Ok!

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:21 am

Morning all, found out this morning that my GF will be going into hospital on the 12th Sept. Looks like ill only be able to enjoy the first Irish WC match, the WC will be over by the time shes out....... Shocked

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:26 am

OnASideNote wrote:Morning all, found out this morning that my GF will be going into hospital on the 12th Sept. Looks like ill only be able to enjoy the first Irish WC match, the WC will be over by the time shes out....... Shocked

Jez OnA, hope she’s alright pal!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:29 am

Oh god, the awkwardness of this.

There’s a woman in work who’s leaving on maternity leave today. I was passed a card and asked to sign it and throw in a few bob. I swiftly passed it over, this bird wouldn’t spit on ya if you were on fire 9 days out of 10 and I’m not bothered giving her any money or eating poxy cake to see her off. but it looks like I’m the only one who took that attitude and now I’m a bit of an office pariah.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:32 am

Linebreaker wrote:
red_stag wrote:I'm a Munster culchie. Naturally, my uncle owns a dairy farm and so did an ex-girlfriend Smile

Any news on the job interviews? You're not going for the white thatched cottage one out of town...is the other option available?

He took the white thatched cottage.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:34 am

Mickado wrote:
OnASideNote wrote:Morning all, found out this morning that my GF will be going into hospital on the 12th Sept. Looks like ill only be able to enjoy the first Irish WC match, the WC will be over by the time shes out....... Shocked

Meh, make or break stuff Mick. Lets just say it will be the best WC year ever or well, I wont care if Ireland win the thing.......... But were staying positive (and shes getting a private room so I'll be able to watch the rugby in hospital Very Happy )

Sorry for ruining the tone of the pub lads just cant talk to anyone in the real world cos nobody knows its so serious and she doesnt want people finding out and didnt sleep much last night so I needed to offload it on (almost) complete strangers Laugh

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:34 am

To be fair it is opposite a white thatched cottage.

I decided take a chance on it Linebreaker. Not as safe but potentially a vastly more enjoyable job.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:36 am

Wow, I hope it's nothing too bad.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:36 am

MBTGOG wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

He took the white thatched cottage.

thumbsup (ok stag... because nobody ever comes out of that innocent looking white thatched cottage....alive) Very Happy

I think I've rubbed 'beshocked' up the wrong way on another thread and...I'm really scared now ghost

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:38 am

Mickado wrote:Oh god, the awkwardness of this.

There’s a woman in work who’s leaving on maternity leave today. I was passed a card and asked to sign it and throw in a few bob. I swiftly passed it over, this bird wouldn’t spit on ya if you were on fire 9 days out of 10 and I’m not bothered giving her any money or eating poxy cake to see her off. but it looks like I’m the only one who took that attitude and now I’m a bit of an office pariah.

Did you sign it at least? To be fair, at least you stuck to your principles.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:38 am

Oh God, Ona thats awful. Hope your ok pal Hug More accurately hope she's ok.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:40 am

OnA - Hug offload away. Really hope your GF will be okay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:41 am

Hope everything work out okay, Ona.

Mickado, if this woman is actually as unpleasant as she sounds, I don't see how you've done anything wrong. It's not as if you wrote 'p_ss off and don't come back' in her card.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:44 am

Yeah guys, im good just a little shocked, I knew what was going on but hadn't an idea that it was so serious.

But, as I said, I have no doubt she'll be ok and provided it works she'll be all good and life can restart without any hitches.

Shes got zip interest in rugby.... yet Laugh

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:48 am

OnASideNote wrote:
Mickado wrote:

Meh, make or break stuff Mick. Lets just say it will be the best WC year ever or well, I wont care if Ireland win the thing.......... But were staying positive (and shes getting a private room so I'll be able to watch the rugby in hospital Very Happy )

Sorry for ruining the tone of the pub lads just cant talk to anyone in the real world cos nobody knows its so serious and she doesnt want people finding out and didnt sleep much last night so I needed to offload it on (almost) complete strangers Laugh

Hug

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:49 am

Kia ora, mauri ora all.

Ona, Hug
The girl who's work I'm taking over for the next few months has just said she's having to delay her sick leave by a couple of weeks as one of the hospitals she's dealing with has stuffed up getting her chemo meds ready, which means the other one has had to postpone her bone marrow transplant.

Mick, probably too late now but I normally sign a card and then avoid putting cash in in that situation, then quietly skip the cake/presentation.

Nice sunny morning here in London at least:)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:49 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Hope everything work out okay, Ona.

Mickado, if this woman is actually as unpleasant as she sounds, I don't see how you've done anything wrong. It's not as if you wrote 'p_ss off and don't come back' in her card.

Lucky, totally agree. Mickado, quickly get the card back and write what Lucky said in it Laugh

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:53 am

OnASideNote wrote:Shes got zip interest in rugby.... yet Laugh

You'll break her yet Ona Smile

My girlfriend used to have no interest. Indeed she thought the notion of 606 was one of the strangest things ever. But she owns a Munster shirt, has been to see Ireland v South Africa, is coming to see Ireland v France with me this month, has played TAG rugby and wants to come to a 606 meet up.

A few years ago she was in Poland and hadn't a clue about rugby Smile
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:00 am

I was in the hospital when I was 5, had an operation on my back. It happened to be when the Itaila 90 world cup was on. One of my earliest memories is watching Niall Quinn’s goal against Holland from my bed and my da leaping around the ward punching the air in complete silence so as not to wake anyone. It all worked out well for me, I hope your GF will have fond memories of watching you do the same mate. You know, when we win the whole thing! Wink

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:02 am

Is she Polish Stag??

Yeah, thank God rugby is so aesthetically pleasing on girls eyes, makes it sooooo much easier Laugh

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:03 am

Yea she's Polish. Speaks with a Limerick accent though as MBTGOG will testify to Smile
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:06 am

Yeah it's weird!

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:06 am

I remember the 1st time I met Mickado's better half - she asked how we knew each other, Mick and I glanced at each other and said "erm", to which she replied "Oh, another one off the internet" or similar Whistle

red_stag wrote:

My girlfriend used to have no interest. Indeed she thought the notion of 606 was one of the strangest things ever. But she owns a Munster shirt, has been to see Ireland v South Africa, is coming to see Ireland v France with me this month, has played TAG rugby and wants to come to a 606 meet up.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:08 am

A court clerk I know hired a Polish cleaning lady. She left notes around the house telling her what to do. She never came back the second time. Then the clerk realised what she'd done. Every piece of furniture and glass had a post it note on saying "polish". The cleaner obviously thought she was taking the pi$$ out of her nationality!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:10 am

Kiwireddevil wrote:I remember the 1st time I met Mickado's better half - she asked how we knew each other, Mick and I glanced at each other and said "erm", to which she replied "Oh, another one off the internet" or similar Whistle

red_stag wrote:

It's a sticky thing to explain to someone. Once they know and understand it's all good. I just tell people i know you all "through rugby", most of them don't ask the details!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:13 am

Mickado wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:I remember the 1st time I met Mickado's better half - she asked how we knew each other, Mick and I glanced at each other and said "erm", to which she replied "Oh, another one off the internet" or similar Whistle

red_stag wrote:

It's a sticky thing to explain to someone. Once they know and understand it's all good. I just tell people i know you all "through rugby", most of them don't ask the details!

I do similar - "that group of people I met through watching rugby at the Wheatsheaf in Ealing ..."
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:14 am

Mickado wrote:

red_stag wrote:

Yup same here. To be fair, I've told a few people and they've never thought it to be too odd.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:15 am

My mates all think its very weird. Quinnie and Paul my pals who were in Cardiff refer to you lot as my "Virtual Buddies".

I didn't even bother trying to explain to my Dad how I knew all you lot at the meet up in Cardiff. Think he has a vague idea.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:16 am

Hope your girlfriend's alright Ona. Hug

Stag,there was a Bosnian fella who played with Cork City before who had one of the strongest Cork accents it was pretty insane.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:17 am

Sure listen to Vasily Artimiev talk. Quite a brogue on him after spending his childhood in Dublin.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:31 am

Thomond wrote:Hope your girlfriend's alright Ona. Hug

Stag,there was a Bosnian fella who played with Cork City before who had one of the strongest Cork accents it was pretty insane.

Lol, I work with a load of Eastern Europeans, its so funny when they say something with their accent and then throw a like in at the end Laugh

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:33 am

Ona - best wishes to your GF. I'm sure she'll be well looked after Smile

Mickado - don't feel awkward! I can't stand office politics like that. Just because she sits in the same office as you, doesn't mean to say you have to give money. If she was a friend, and not just under the same work roof as you, that'd be different. Just write something generic in the card and that's enough. We get these sort of collections all the time in our place and it drives me mad because half of my department is based all over the country anyway.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:35 am

I work with a Serbian fella who has a proper Dublin accent in the middle of a proper Serbian accent.

He calls me Micko, but pronounces it “mits-ko”, which is presumably how Micko would be read in Serbian? Some of the things he comes out with are a scream, “on Saturday I had a barbeque and a few “pooooooints of coider!”
Laugh

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:36 am

Kado,you make him sound like a Russian gangster who's off his head.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:39 am

There was a Russian boarder in my year at school and I don't think I've met anyone else with as much Irish slang as he had in his lexicon.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:40 am

I love listening to Bjork speak. She has a lush Cockney-Icelandic sort of accent.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:40 am

OnA, hope the girlfriends operatation is successful.

I'm on another message board that's being going since just after RWC 2003 and one of the blokes still hasn't "come out" to his friends and relatives as to how he knows us all.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:42 am

It is weird though Nottins for some people. Its so strange for them. World is changing a lot.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next