The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan Comes To The Aid of Macklin, Murray and Crolla

+9
eddyfightfan
BALTIMORA
Fists of Fury
coxy0001
Sir. badgerhands
Rowley
AlexHuckerby
Union Cane
Daz
13 posters

Go down

Khan Comes To The Aid of Macklin, Murray and Crolla  Empty Khan Comes To The Aid of Macklin, Murray and Crolla

Post by Daz Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:24 am

Afternoon folks

WBA/IBF 140-pound champion Amir Khan has come to the aid of trainer Joe Gallagher's stable, which includes John Murray, Anthony Crolla, Matthew Macklin and others. In a recent BoxingScene.com articles, Kerry Kayes explained why he evicted Joe Gallagher from his Denton-based Betta Bodies Gym.

Khan read an article about Gallagher's misfortune and opened up his Bolton-based gym to Gallagher and his stable of fighters. The unified champion has obviously not held any grudges, as he and John Murray exchanged verbal blows on several occasions.

Gallagher told the Manchester Evening News: “Amir read the column and told his dad to let me know we could use his Gloves Community Centre. I’ve known Amir ever since he was kid and it shows that even after all the success he’s had as a world champion, he still cares about other fighters.

“He knows a lot of the lads from when they were amateurs and it is a really generous offer. We are looking for our own permanent premises and had been offered space by a few amateur clubs. We are really grateful for that, but Amir’s gym is a top-class facility and with a busy six or seven weeks coming up, it is a really big help.”

Gallagher added: “The beauty of boxing is that people are always willing to help each other out.”

What a nice chap Khan is.

Source: http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-comes-aid-macklin-murray-crolla--42217

If you want to read why Joe Gallagher was evicted - the source is here, long article though :

http://www.boxingscene.com/kerry-kayes-explains-why-he-evicted-joe-gallagher--42214

Daz

Back to top Go down

Khan Comes To The Aid of Macklin, Murray and Crolla  Empty Re: Khan Comes To The Aid of Macklin, Murray and Crolla

Post by Union Cane Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:26 am

Further proof of what I've always said, Amir is a kind, gentle, generous and humble soul.

God bless him.

(Or Allah, or whatever)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Khan Comes To The Aid of Macklin, Murray and Crolla  Empty Re: Khan Comes To The Aid of Macklin, Murray and Crolla

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:28 am

Fair play to Amir, good gesture I change my mind about him every week, he'll tell someone he's going to murder them in there sleep on Twitter I imagine soon however...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:28 am

Fair play to him, a nice gesture that deserves to be taken at face value. Have similarly maintained Khan is not a bad kid, is not a lot wrong with him that some better advisors and deleting his twitter account would not solve.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:31 am

I do get a feeling it wasn't really Amir's fault with the whole McCloskey being a PPV fight, I imagine he just gets told things and just goes with it...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:34 am

Agree - he seems a nice chap and down to earth. Very nice gesture. Fair play to him.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:35 am

Good on Khan.

Bet this thread gets a lot less comments than the usual Khan bashing threads!!

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:37 am

Most probably, he's done somehting people can't critisise, however to be fair, I have done my fair share of critisisms on Amir...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:38 am

Bolton is miles from Denton, if he really wanted to help them he would have hired them one a lot nearer, how on earth are professional fighters meant to be at their best after driving all that way and navigating the traffic, to say nothing of the possibility of them getting lost on the way to a new venue. He is just doing this so if he fights any of them in the future they will not be well prepared, typical opportunism from Khan.

Happy Badger

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:39 am

rowley wrote:Bolton is miles from Denton, if he really wanted to help them he would have hired them one a lot nearer, how on earth are professional fighters meant to be at their best after driving all that way and navigating the traffic, to say nothing of the possibility of them getting lost on the way to a new venue. He is just doing this so if he fights any of them in the future they will not be well prepared, typical opportunism from Khan.

Happy Badger

Laugh Who left Rowley's cage door open?

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:41 am

Sir. badgerhands wrote:
rowley wrote:Bolton is miles from Denton, if he really wanted to help them he would have hired them one a lot nearer, how on earth are professional fighters meant to be at their best after driving all that way and navigating the traffic, to say nothing of the possibility of them getting lost on the way to a new venue. He is just doing this so if he fights any of them in the future they will not be well prepared, typical opportunism from Khan.

Happy Badger

Laugh Who left Rowley's cage door open?

Gotta hand it to you Rowley, that was pretty impressive...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:43 am

Happy Badger

Hahahahahahaha!!! QUALITY!!! Laugh

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:46 am

Amir Khan opens his gym.... what a nice guy.

Any mention of how much he's charging?!

Not that i'm a negative/pessimistic kinda guy

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:49 am

He isn't charging, Coxy, according to Joe Gallagher on Twitter.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:50 am

coxy0001 wrote:Amir Khan opens his gym.... what a nice guy.

Any mention of how much he's charging?!

Not that i'm a negative/pessimistic kinda guy

Just breathe Coxy.....

In with positivity.............

Out with negativity............

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:51 am

For this he garnered some respect.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:53 am

I agree but I guarentee next week he'll do something daft to make me find him a bit irritating again...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:53 am

I will now wear my Team Khan t-shirt with extra pride.

Oh, hang on...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:57 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:I agree but I guarentee next week he'll do something daft to make me find him a bit irritating again...

At least we got a break for a week!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:57 am

Move on Union.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:00 am

Union Cane wrote:I will now wear my Team Khan t-shirt with extra pride.

Oh, hang on...

You've 'used' it as you ran out of kleenex?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:01 am

coxy0001 wrote:You've 'used' it as you ran out of kleenex?

If only it were that simple.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:09 am

Union Cane wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:You've 'used' it as you ran out of kleenex?

If only it were that simple.

Are you saying you have 'man problems' down there. 606v2 is no place to get emotional about your impotency lad, am sure your doctor will be able to help.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:22 am

good lad, should keep the critics at bay for an hour or so

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:13 am

Union Cane wrote:I will now wear my Team Khan t-shirt with extra pride.

Oh, hang on...

When's your Birthday mate? I'll make one for you Smile

I'll also stick loads of sponsoring on it for you too... You know.

BALCO, THG, Growth, Oxybolon... It'll have a REAL Khan/Ariza flavour to it Wink

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:44 am

Its a shame the clubs who came to the aid first didn't get a mention.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:08 am

Gallagher and his fighters must have brought some amount of £££ to this imaginary table that Amir always speaks of.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:21 am

Nice gesture and good PR from Amir. Still maintain it's the 'Team' not the man that's the problem with his image.

Hopefully he'll roll this positivity into out-classing and KOing Tim 'the head-butting ducker' Bradley sometime soon and cleaning out the division before the end of 2012.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:08 am

still looks like joe shot himself in the foot, free gym?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down