The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Macklin vs Murray?

+5
Seanusarrilius
manos de piedra
Soldier_Of_Fortune
DoubleD22
hampo17
9 posters

Go down

Macklin vs Murray? Empty Macklin vs Murray?

Post by hampo17 Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:59 pm

Anyone been following this on twitter? Both of these guys seem to want it, Macklins getting alot of heat from Murrays followers as well.

Would be a good domestic scrap.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Macklin vs Murray? Empty Re: Macklin vs Murray?

Post by DoubleD22 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:16 pm

I have been following this quite an interesting fight if it can be made. Seems a lot of the noise about signing the fight is coming from Murray and his team.

Great fight if they can get it going and one id tip Murray with a late stoppage think he may be a bit too strong for Macklin. Although he has impressed me great domestic scrap!

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Yer I was reading some of the tweets and Martin is right, it is funny how the tables have turned, both Macklin and Barker both suggested they have bigger fish to fry but all of a sudden, Macklin is now touting for the fight, but has suggested this is a stop gap as he is being line up for a fight on HBO in Nov Laugh

To be honest, I also see Murray winning this one. I believe Macklins wars with Moore, Sturm and Martinez could catch up with him. I see Murray grinding him down winning via late stoppage, whilst being a closely contested fight.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Some kind of 4 man mini tournament with Barker/Macklin/Murray/Lee would have good. Especially now as they all have had a bit of world level exposure.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Barker is laid up for a while with a hip injury and will need a rest. Lee has Chavez, so maybe Murray v Macklin sooner rather than later. I would like Macklin v Taylor personally. Taylor is ripe for picking.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:08 pm

One of my favourite tweets by Macklin last night was about the Football, he said he was supporting Bayern so some walley had a go at him stating "Why support the Germans when the bombed us in the war?" Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:59 am

would fancy murray to win this one too. cant see macklin getting him out of there and expect murray to be the much stronger of the two towards the end

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Macklin would win this one by a wide points margin

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:26 am

I was very impressed by the way Macklin boxed against Martinez. If he was to take that into the ring against Murray I couldn't see him losing.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:24 am

I'm surprised so many are going for Murray. Macklin was better vs strum than Murray was. Macklin was very unlucky not to win whereas some though Murray was lucky to draw. Murray is a little bigge rebut both have the same stamina and Macklin has the edge in power. Macklin showed bsartinez he can box as well as brawl and hasn't got that much wear and tear.

He has not been in many wars. Vs Jamie Murray yes, but sturm Martinez etc werent wars. They were good fights and Macklin got hit but not enough to suggest it was worse than any other boxing fight

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down