The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sturm vs Macklin

+7
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Seanusarrilius
The Galveston Giant
Young_Towzer
ian_jamsie
KO-KING
11 posters

Go down

Sturm vs Macklin

Sturm vs Macklin Vote_lcap15%Sturm vs Macklin Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
Sturm vs Macklin Vote_lcap70%Sturm vs Macklin Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 28 ]
Sturm vs Macklin Vote_lcap8%Sturm vs Macklin Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Sturm vs Macklin Vote_lcap7%Sturm vs Macklin Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 40

Sturm vs Macklin Empty Sturm vs Macklin

Post by KO-KING Sat 18 Jun 2011, 9:36 pm

does anyone think there is a possibility of a Strum TKO win?

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Sturm vs Macklin Empty Re: Sturm vs Macklin

Post by ian_jamsie Sat 18 Jun 2011, 11:09 pm

KO-KING wrote:does anyone think there is a possibility of a Strum TKO win?

No

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 18 Jun 2011, 11:20 pm

I think Macklin will stop him, he'll jump on him, because he knows he has to stop him to win, and i think Macklin's a big fight fighter, he produces the goods when it matters

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Sun 19 Jun 2011, 2:41 am

I disagree. What about that big fight against Moore?

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 19 Jun 2011, 3:31 am

I've gone for Strum by decision, i'd be suprised if he stopped Matthew, i hope i am wrong though and Macklin does the business.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 20 Jun 2011, 4:23 am

Hey guys. Sorry to litter the board bt just wanted all you good 606 peeps to know i have just started a boxing blog of my own. I will be doing fight predicitons, recaps, boxing news, polls and plenty more once i get into the swing of it. Also (for the mods here) i plan to PROMOTE 606V2,(see my link to here from my site) i think we have some great posters on here so i will be flowing traffic this way too. The blog is new but i will be posting regularly and would be very happy to have any of you on there. One former 606er has found his way on there (he was a controversial figure on here but im hoping he keeps it clean on my site) before anyone asks i am NOT his alter ego. the site is

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Would be great to have you aboard. so get signed up,or just visit from time to time folks

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Jun 2011, 9:16 am

Thought since there has not been much discussion of this would vote and give the fight a bump, as it is a Brit going for a world title tomorrow thought it warranted it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Jun 2011, 9:30 am

I think Sturm will win a fairly wide, albeit uncomfortable at times, decision. I think his fundamentals are sound and he is a strong guy who won't be bullied around by Macklin who, Asikainen aside, hasn't shown me enough power to take Sturm out.

Macklin is clearly talented, but it is all about levels and I think Sturm is just a touch better.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Jun 2011, 9:37 am

Is hard to pick other than a Sturm win isn't it. Since DLH think he has developed into a solid if unspectacular fighter with no real glaring weaknesses and Macklin has always seemed like a guy with a lot of talent who seems to blow hot and cold. On the plus side for him most of his poor performances have come down at light middle and whilst he is obviously not a huge puncher he is not without power.

If the fight was over here may give Macklin a bigger chance but as I see this going to the cards in Germany you simply have to give Sturm the edge.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Fri 24 Jun 2011, 10:05 am

In all honesty, I'd give Sturm the edge if the fight were being held in Germany, London, Dublin or Timbuktu, Jeff. Macklin is decent, but he's not inspiring. He can hit at a certain level, but he's always struck me as a one-gear merchant, unable to change tactics on the hoof. I'm not suggesting that Sturm is the Second Coming, but he is well-schooled, has an authoritative jab and a better all-round game than Macklin. A clear decision for Sturm is overwhelmingly the most likely result, although I don't rule out a late stoppage for the German. I'd be very content to be proved wrong, but I just can't see the weapon with which Macklin is going to take the play away from Sturm.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Jun 2011, 10:08 am

Agree Captain would still favour Sturm but not perhaps by the margin I do currently. Matthew has shown a lot of heart in the past and willing to gut it out if he is in the trenches but simply fail to see him dragging Sturm into this kind of fight. As you rightly say would love to see otherwise but on the back of my Rhodes prediction last week I am playing safe on this one all the way

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Jun 2011, 10:18 am

Have to say I concur as well. As I said earlier, for me Sturm is just at a different level to Macklin or anyone else he has faced. Macklin is somewhere in that big void between European level and World level. He could, on any given night, beat a "world" level fighter but there will be more occasions when he loses. Captain is quite right, Sturm is no Marvin Hagler but he does everything to a high standard and most importantly, knows his game inside out and I think he would beat Macklin 9 times out of 10 even if they held it in Matthews living room.

You can be forgiven for your Rhodes prediction Jeff. Heart ruling head and all that. At least you put your money where your mouth was which must have been difficult for a Yorkshireman! Might add here, without any shame, that I said Alvarez would KO him late.....12th round, can't get any later than that! Granted it wasn't on the same level as the Captain's DeGale v Groves prediction but better than my usual calls!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 24 Jun 2011, 11:30 am

Would love it to be a Macklin KO (He wouldn't get a decision in Deutschland) but this points directly to a Sturm UD as Macklin has never impressed me much. I am supporting Matthew, but I just don't think he's good enough to beat Sturm.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:09 pm

I've had a tenner on a macklin KO. The odds were very wide so are worth a punt.

however I think Sturm will win by decision.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:18 pm

I fancy Macklin big time to win by TKO/KO. Sturm's a good compact box-puncher but i just think Macklin's a bit stronger and dare i say it hungrier at this stage. He's also not a roadsweeper with a name like Hearns, i don't think he's fought anyone in the same league as Matthew or as aggressive, hungry for about 2 year and Matt will be up for it big time, i backed him to win in rounds 4,6,8,10 £2.00 on each, if any round of them comes up i'll be going to Ibiza haha.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:21 pm

Ignore did not read whole post

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:25 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:i don't think he's fought anyone in the same league as Matthew or as aggressive, hungry for about 2 year

I hope your right Towzer but the same can be said for Macklin. He hasn't fought anyone remotely as sound as Sturm and the last time he stepped up in class, he lost to Moore. Now I appreciate this was sometime ago and at a lighter weight but Sturm has turned into a well-rounded and techically very good fighter who is far better than Macklins recent opposition.

I would be extremely happy to be proved wrong but just can't see past a Sturm win.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkymarky Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:27 pm

Whilst i believe Macklin to be a good fighter on his day. Sturm will have a bit more class on the night. Hope i'm proved wrong but i feel Macklin is (as quoted earlier) somewhere inbetween 'european' and 'world' level and just won't have the minerals to defeat Sturm.......

sparkymarky

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:31 pm

Whilst i believe Macklin to be a good fighter on his day. Sturm will have a bit more class on the night. Hope i'm proved wrong but i feel Macklin is (as quoted earlier) somewhere inbetween 'european' and 'world' level and just won't have the minerals to defeat Sturm.......
I think Macklin will destroy him. Rounds 6-10, too big and hungry, he hasn't fought anybody this relentless for a while, even that bum Hearns caught him at will with jabs, right hands.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkymarky Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:40 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:Whilst i believe Macklin to be a good fighter on his day. Sturm will have a bit more class on the night. Hope i'm proved wrong but i feel Macklin is (as quoted earlier) somewhere inbetween 'european' and 'world' level and just won't have the minerals to defeat Sturm.......
I think Macklin will destroy him. Rounds 6-10, too big and hungry, he hasn't fought anybody this relentless for a while, even that bum Hearns caught him at will with jabs, right hands.

I hope you're right mate. I really do!
I'll have to disagree with you about size though. I saw the face-off between them and Sturm is definitely taller and looks quite a bit bigger. Maybe it's just my dodgy eyes....... Whistle

sparkymarky

Back to top Go down

Post by tobbox Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

Sturm by UD. Can't see how Macklin can win this one.

tobbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 3:37 pm

I hope your right Towzer but the same can be said for Macklin. He hasn't fought anyone remotely as sound as Sturm and the last time he stepped up in class, he lost to Moore. Now I appreciate this was sometime ago and at a lighter weight but Sturm has turned into a well-rounded and techically very good fighter who is far better than Macklins recent opposition.

I would be extremely happy to be proved wrong but just can't see past a Sturm win.
Asikainen, held a win over Sylvester, Macklin moved up in levels and absolutely destroyed him and won the European title

Elcock - absolutely destroyed him and won the British title

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down