The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sturm v Macklin 2 in November

+4
Captain Charisma
TechInept
coxy0001
Young_Towzer
8 posters

Go down

Sturm v Macklin 2 in November Empty Sturm v Macklin 2 in November

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 08 Jul 2011, 9:08 pm

It looks like Matthew Macklin will get a second chance to become WBA middleweight champ, when he is expected to land another fight with German Felix Sturm in Cologne again, a provisional date of 25/26 November have been mentioned, come on Matt!

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Sturm v Macklin 2 in November Empty Re: Sturm v Macklin 2 in November

Post by coxy0001 Fri 08 Jul 2011, 9:42 pm

Maybe this time he'll have to bury him alive to get the nod.

Wasn't a 'huge' travesty as i could probably see a draw if you asked me to be lenient towards Sturm, fact is Macklin won 8-4 on my card with a few close rounds that he probably won i.e. i couldn't find much of a way to score them for Sturm.

Still, wins this and he probably gets a crack at either Martinez or Chavez Jr, not that Arum will let anyone near Junior who can actually fight. Rumour has it i've got a shot at him next after they heard about my 4-0-0 with 2 by the way of KO playground stats

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 08 Jul 2011, 10:59 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Maybe this time he'll have to bury him alive to get the nod.

Wasn't a 'huge' travesty as i could probably see a draw if you asked me to be lenient towards Sturm, fact is Macklin won 8-4 on my card with a few close rounds that he probably won i.e. i couldn't find much of a way to score them for Sturm.

Still, wins this and he probably gets a crack at either Martinez or Chavez Jr, not that Arum will let anyone near Junior who can actually fight. Rumour has it i've got a shot at him next after they heard about my 4-0-0 with 2 by the way of KO playground stats

haha, i heard by a friend who was in Germany for the fight the German press slated Sturm for the fight and had Macklin winning, Matt can do the same imo in the rematch but hopefully get the verdict.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:13 pm

I think Felix wins in the rematch far more comfortably. I think he was surprised (not sure why) for the first 6 or so rounds. To me he got stronger as the fight went on (could be due to different reasons) to me he figured the solution. Rematch will see another fast start by mac, followed by a much quicker and much more dominant reply. UD or late KO to sturm

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:34 pm

I think the first fight will bring out a lot more improvement from Macklin as in his few fights before the Sturm fight he seemed to be regressing slightly.

In contrast Sturm looked like a fighter on the slide ....He certainly has the quality but he doesn't have the tank to do it over 12 rounds anymore..

Macklin on an SD leading to a rubber match Stateside.

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 09 Jul 2011, 9:37 am

When whispers of a possible rematch began to appear I was very much impressed with Sturm's ' old school ' desire to settle unfinished business, and he shot up in my estimation.

I was never much of a fan, but he is pretty solid, and I suspect he'll win the rematch a little more conclusively.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:02 am

With Sturm he's at the forefront of peoples memories when you think of terrible decisions so it's good to see he's willing to settle unfinished business when there are question marks over his victory.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 09 Jul 2011, 1:03 pm

I think Macklin will go for a walk in the last 30 seconds of rounds, which was when Sturm seemed to do something, let's not get carried away if it was in America Macklin would now be world champ, and deserves the rematch, he can't afford to expect the same Sturm to turn up. That was an awful display, you can't just have your hands up and swallow head and body shots then come alive for 30 seconds and win, although he was better in the second half of the fight, Macklin won imo. Macklin threw a lot, lot more, landed a lot, lot more.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 09 Jul 2011, 8:11 pm

Captain Charisma wrote:I think the first fight will bring out a lot more improvement from Macklin as in his few fights before the Sturm fight he seemed to be regressing slightly.

In contrast Sturm looked like a fighter on the slide ....He certainly has the quality but he doesn't have the tank to do it over 12 rounds anymore..

Macklin on an SD leading to a rubber match Stateside.

if the fights in germany again which it more than likely will be there is no way macklin wins a SD, mackin needs to win by KO this time round, and i think sturm will be a little more ready for his tactics.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:50 pm

Great to see Matthew get another chance, he certainly deserves it.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:55 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Great to see Matthew get another chance, he certainly deserves it.

Too true, as a proud Irishman i'm delighted and will try to get to Germany for the fight, however i just can't see Sturm boxing as bad as he did, and i think Matt boxed the fight of his life and it may take something special to produce something better than that night for Macklin.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 10 Jul 2011, 12:02 am

Young_Towzer wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:Great to see Matthew get another chance, he certainly deserves it.

Too true, as a proud Irishman i'm delighted and will try to get to Germany for the fight, however i just can't see Sturm boxing as bad as he did, and i think Matt boxed the fight of his life and it may take something special to produce something better than that night for Macklin.

True, it's disappointing it's in Germany again but he doesn't really have much choice. I suspect Strum had a bit of an off night but you never know, hopefully Matthew can get the nod this time.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down