The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hull City recipe for success ?

+3
formerly known as Sam
jimbohammers
Kenny
7 posters

Go down

Hull City recipe for success ? Empty Hull City recipe for success ?

Post by Kenny Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:16 pm

What do people think about Hull City's transfers recently Cameron Stewart , Corry Evans, James Chester , Joe Dudgeon and Robbie Brady all former Man Utd trainies , Peter Gulasci , Jack Hobbs and possibley Daniel Ayala Liverpool trained .
Couple that with the champioship experience of Matty Fryatt ,Dele Adebola and Paul Mckenna is it a recipe for promotion ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Hull City recipe for success ? Empty Re: Hull City recipe for success ?

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:48 am

No. I think they'll do well to finish around the 12th place mark. Their only sniff of promotion would be via the play off's and I can see at least a dozen, possibly more, clubs with deeper squads and stronger pools of players.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:57 am

Dont see them being very strong tbh

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:04 am

I live in Hull but im not an avid Hull City supporter , i was brought up supporting Liverpool . My son plays for City boys and gets tickets for the senior team matches so have seen a few games and imo they could surprise a few people , they need a good start and some luck but could make the playoffs .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:11 am

There is always one team that makes the play offs that everybody has overlooked and it could be Hull. But then it could be Doncaster, could be Palace, could be Barnsley....

That's the great thing about The Championship. It's my favourite league in terms of entertainment and honesty in that anybody can beat anybody.

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 09 Aug 2011, 4:49 pm

The recipe for success isn't in the players it is in Pearson. A very under rated manager who is good at getting the best out of quite ordinary players. He is astute and the best signing Hull will have made in a long time (says a Leicester fan).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

From what ive seen i agree Pearson is a good manager who has good work ethic and man management skills , couple that with the new owners and things could be on the right track at city .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 5:41 pm

Looking good so far Kenny. 6th place with a game in hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 30 Oct 2011, 5:53 pm

Yes things look good upto now , and the chairman has said there is money to spend either on loans or transfers .

The only worrying thing for me is a lack of goals but thats just being picky .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 6:00 pm

Best defence in the league though. It's very tight up there and will probably go down to the last game of the season.

West Ham away is Hull's last match!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 30 Oct 2011, 6:05 pm

FreekShow wrote:Best defence in the league though. It's very tight up there and will probably go down to the last game of the season.

West Ham away is Hull's last match!

Hope one or the other is already up by then , would like to see both in the Premiership .

Nigel Pearson has been fielding questions about whether Hull can hang on to the likes of Chester and Evans if a bigger club comes in for them , but the chairman has said it would take stupid bids as he doesn't want to sell .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 30 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

Have they been able to steady the boat at Hull financially? I remember they really struggled the year after they went down due to some inflated wage packets. *cough* Bullard *cough*

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 6:10 pm

Yeah I fancy the Hammers to go up automatically. I quite like Pearson. Admired him as a player and he seems a level headed manager.

The Championship is the best league in the world for me entertainment wise. Impossible to predict and everybody beats everybody! How it should be!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 30 Oct 2011, 6:15 pm

Pearson is a good manager and he seems to get players playing for him , he has been helped by the new chairman aswell .

Pearson , Big Sam and Nigel Atkins i like them all as managers , there doesn't appear to be anything false about them . What you see is what you get .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 6:21 pm

What'e the vibe like up there Kenny? Is it more of a Rugby League town or is the support split?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 30 Oct 2011, 6:27 pm

It's a bit strange really 2 Super league teams and City aswell , half the city supports 1 rugby team and the other half the other , but all get together to support Hull City . So you can be arguing with someone one day but sat next to them cheering on City the next .

Think a lot of City fans are excited this year , im not a huge fan as you may guess in a Liverpool fan 1st but see more Hull games because of my son playing for the Tigers Trust and i have been impressed from what i have seen .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:26 pm

Gulasci doesn't look ready for first team football , he was out of position for all 3 of Burnleys goals . Basso has had a good enough season so far but there are injury doubts regarding his wrists .

City need to bring in a decent keeper before the deadline if they are to maintain their push for the playoffs imo .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 22 Jan 2012, 12:30 am

Another young Man Utd player brought in on loan Josh King a striker , he has been compared to Frazer Campbell . If he has half the impact that Frazer did at City then the play offs are a definate possability .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 01 Apr 2012, 12:56 am

The lack of a goal scorer is costing City now , they should of signed someone in the window apart from Josh King
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 01 Apr 2012, 2:25 am

Not sure Kenny, Fryatt is a proven scorer at this level, i like Mclean who works his socks off but has never scored that many. I think the major problem is that we lack creativity in midfield and our dip in form this season has come at the wrong time. We have a big squad but not alot of quality & are tending to rely on loan players, the constent changing of the side is not helping either.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 01 Apr 2012, 11:30 am

I like Fryatt and Mclean , i just think Barmby missed a chance to add to them in the window . Simpson had a good loan spell at Millwall scoring a few goals yet he doesn't get a chance either .
I would agree about midfield , watched the last half a dozen home games apart from yesterday and Hull have looked lost for ideas especially without Koren , Mckenna is a spoiling player while Brady , Evans and Stewart have lost form and look off the pace of games .

Nick will learn as he gets more experience but the playoffs are slipping away for this season unless they can go on a run of wins ( to many drawn games )
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Apr 2012, 1:04 pm

What do you make of the loss yesterday to Coventry Kenny? I reckon that could be the knock out blow regarding making the play offs though having said that Hull have a pretty reasonable run in.

Gotta say, on the outside looking in, that Nicky Barmby has done a sterling job up there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 01 Apr 2012, 1:10 pm

Couldn't go yesterday , but it sounded like the same old story regarding not creating or taking chances . Hobbs and Chester have been brilliant but both have just slipped up a bit in recent games .

Barmby has done a good job imo , i just think he missed an opportunity to bolster the squad in january and really make a push for the top 2 rather then going for a playoff place .

The rest of the playoff hopefuls have stolen a march on City but like you say they have a decent run in so who knows and to be honest i would fancy them to go up if they did make the playoffs
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 01 Apr 2012, 1:31 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:The lack of a goal scorer is costing City now , they should of signed someone in the window apart from Josh King
Sounds like they could have made better use of the emergency loan market, what are Hull's finances like? Are they likely to be buying in new players or making loan deals in the summer?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 01 Apr 2012, 1:43 pm

I just think they are over reliant on Fryatt for goals , and he hasn't been playing some games and when he does he doesn't look comfortable as a lone striker .

I think there will be some money available in the summer , but it will probably be loans again . Im not a huge City fan but do hear a far bit from the coaches on a saturday who take my lad and we get the free tickets so ive seen a dozen or so games this year ( let the father-in-law go to most )

Mannone could be a permanant signing .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 02 Apr 2012, 5:34 pm

City have been dealt a bad blow in the quest for the play offs Jack Hobbs oyt for the rest of the season and James Chester out for 2 weeks
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 02 Apr 2012, 6:19 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:I think there will be some money available in the summer , but it will probably be loans again.
In reality relying on loans isn't too much of a bad thing there are plenty of talented players on Premier League benches/reserve teams, and some can turn into full time deals if they get enough playing time, issue is when deals run out in January and other teams jump in and snap them up.

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:City have been dealt a bad blow in the quest for the play offs Jack Hobbs oyt for the rest of the season and James Chester out for 2 weeks
How had Chester been playing? I thought he was a very talented player when we had him on loan at Carlisle and wasn't surprised that someone higher up took him.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 02 Apr 2012, 10:38 pm

Hobbs and Chester have statistically been the best centre half pairing in the league , Chester for a player who i think is about 5'10 - 5'11 hes very good in the air and reads a game well although he had gone off the boil in recent weeks .

If they can do the same as this season and get fringe players from the top premier league clubs then i agree loans are a good option . Dont think that Allam will break the bank on any signings though .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 10 Apr 2012, 1:42 pm

Very Jekyll and Hyde team, nearly as bad as Middlesbrough.

We were all over you first half - could have scored 3 or 4. Complete reversal 2nd half. Sad

Overall, you seem a decent team, if not good enough for the play-offs. Like Barmby from his time with us and he seems to have kept the team on an even keel since Pearson's departure. Nothing spectacular but you're not sliding down the table either.

With some new signings in the Summer, the play-offs are a definite possibility next season, I'd say.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 11 Apr 2012, 8:10 pm

1 point from a possible 18 before the Middlesbrough game has killed City's play off hopes i think .

But with a few decent additions especially a goal scorer to play up front with Fryatt and i think the play offs are a definate possibility next season .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:56 pm

Hope City can hold onto the good crop of young players they have got . If they can then next season looks good with 2 or 3 quality aditions
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down