The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what now for Bute?

+7
HumanWindmill
Imperial Ghosty
Super D Boon
Rowley
Steffan
eddyfightfan
Seanusarrilius
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what now for Bute? Empty what now for Bute?

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:25 am

So, with Pavlik in the wind and Kessler looking for a WBO strap against Stieglitz, what now for Lucian Bute??

Dirrell isn;t ready yet and i really think Bute needs to step it up in terms of opposition because taking ont he Mendy's of this world are going to give him no prep whatsover for the Froch, Wards of the division

Who should Bute go after?

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

what now for Bute? Empty Re: what now for Bute?

Post by eddyfightfan Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:27 am

the winner of froch ward

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:29 am

In short.....Andre Ward

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:29 am

i actually fancy froch for this one

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:35 am

eddyfightfan wrote:i actually fancy froch for this one

So do I to be honest but im hoping Ward is gonna pull out a masterclass and do the business

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:38 am

Come on steffan, surely it is time you got behind Britain's best ever super middleweight

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:44 am

Steffan wrote:In short.....Andre Ward

Don't worry Steffan. If Froch wins then Calzaghe's legacy looks even better. Froch beats Ward but Kessler beat Froch who lost to Calzaghe see?

Anyway, Bute should pick a fight with my office cleaner who boxes a bit and looks quite wirey and mean, 12 stone, tall and has long arms, decent hand speed and jab apparently - easily a step up from Bute's current level of competition.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:46 am

i am talking about before Ward, Bute cant wait until 6 months after the super six ebfore fighting, and imo he gets beat by both froch or ward if he goes into that fight with mendy his last challenger

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:46 am

Super is your office cleaner willing to go to Canada, suspect it could be a deal breaker.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:49 am

rowley wrote:Come on steffan, surely it is time you got behind Britain's best ever super middleweight

The more you force the "He is British. You have a British passport and must cheer him on whether you like it or not" I am going to resent it

I hate the man and that is the end of it. I also regard myself intelligent enough (just about) to choose who I cheer on rather than go with just pure "God Save the Queen" "Rule Britannia" "Up the Union Jack" "Come on England" patriotism that seems to commonly infect this messageboard

Anyway im banned from taking about nationality so im not gonna say anymore but its just a thought

COME ON WARD

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:51 am

rowley wrote:Super is your office cleaner willing to go to Canada, suspect it could be a deal breaker.

Rowley I'm sure he would oblige on the assurance there's no bits of hole punch paper on the canvas. He hates vaccuming those up!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:51 am

Was only joking Steefan, don't really give a monkey's whether you like him or support him, only said it to get a bite out of you, personally thought you'd bite at the claim he was Britain's best supermiddle but I''ll take the result however it comes.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:53 am

But you cheer on every welsh boxer based upon their nationality?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:59 am

So, then, what now for Bute?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:59 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:But you cheer on every welsh boxer based upon their nationality?

Not really. Never had much time for some Welsh boxers. But even still. Being Welsh means something. Its who I am and where I am from. Its what I am. Being British means about as much to me as being European. Call me it all you want. Put it a piece of paper and call it my passport. Means nothing to me at all

COME ON WARD

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:00 am

The forum doesn't really need this.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:02 am

Not so much a question of who should Bute go after, but more one of who is he likely to go after.

I think Daniel Jacobs is a possibility and Anthony Mundine is ranked highly with the IBF at Middleweight and as a former Super Middleweight I am sure he could easily be tempted back up for a title shot if a rematch with Geale doesnt come off.

I believe he has a voluntary defence next so some of the Super 6 leftovers like Green, Johnson and even Abraham could also be selected.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:04 am

Super D Boon wrote:The forum doesn't really need this.

I agree all I say is I want Ward to win and you get met with a venomous response. For what its worth I think big nose has got what it takes to win this one

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:04 am

if pavlik could get it together that would be a decent fight. or maybe glen johnson.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:05 am

I think Pavlik is a spent force. A good name to go on Butes record though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:05 am

Think it's the fact you insist on insulting Froch every time you mention him that irritates people.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:06 am

abraham no way, he will never go to Canada after the disaster fo his last 3 s6 losses. JOhnson is a good call, i wonder if Showtime/ Bute team would risk Bute against him tho, esp when a huge fight with s6 winner beckons

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:07 am

Seems that subtlety isn't the order of the day, so :

Back on topic, and without the nationalist bashing.

Thank you.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:07 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Think it's the fact you insist on insulting Froch every time you mention him that irritates people.

Im sure Carl can take it. Didnt he once call Calzaghe a 'fat Welshman'

Its all banter in the name of boxing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:11 am

Bute should fight Kessler. 2 Best Europeans at Supermiddleweight and that. Then a cross Atlantic clash with Ward Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:11 am

I would love to see Pavlik get back in the ring, just to see what he has got left (Im with Steffan though, I think the answer is not much.)

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:13 am

Two best european super middleweights are clearly Kessler and Froch.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:15 am

joeyjojo618 wrote:I have it on good authority that Froch tight apparently Steffan, just to give you a bit more ammunition.

That must be why he doesnt drink. Price of alcohol and that nowadays. Would never catch Calzaghe acting like that. Drinks like a fish and spends his money on all sorts does our Joe Whistle

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:16 am

guys, no need to get bent out of shape, Steffan and virtually every Welsh boxing fan hate froch. Who cares? Steffan still contributes otherwise, its the same on every board, it is generic Welsh emotion. Doesn't bother me in the slightest and i am a huge Froch fan.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:21 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:guys, no need to get bent out of shape, Steffan and virtually every Welsh boxing fan hate froch. Who cares? Steffan still contributes otherwise, its the same on every board, it is generic Welsh emotion. Doesn't bother me in the slightest and i am a huge Froch fan.

Well said clap . You are entitled to like who you like and hate who you hate. Its only boxing and not politics. Froch is hated in Wales. Hatton is loved. Its all down to the boxer half the time on how people receive them regardless of nationality

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:24 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:guys, no need to get bent out of shape, Steffan and virtually every Welsh boxing fan hate froch. Who cares? Steffan still contributes otherwise, its the same on every board, it is generic Welsh emotion. Doesn't bother me in the slightest and i am a huge Froch fan.

It is also a generic English emotion to say Froch is the greatest warrior today and fights the best out there even though he is yet to win a top tier fight against a Super Middleweight world champion.

I see Ward being too crafty for Froch and nicking the rounds but make this easily the toughest ever fight for Ward. Should be a good close fight.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:27 am

Super D Boon wrote:It is also a generic English emotion to say Froch is the greatest warrior today and fights the best out there

Thats putting it lightly. Last time I checked this board he was just about to surpass Suger Ray Leonard on the greatest ever P4P list...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:28 am

Steffan wrote:

Well said clap . You are entitled to like who you like and hate who you hate. Its only boxing and not politics. Froch is hated in Wales. Hatton is loved. Its all down to the boxer half the time on how people receive them regardless of nationality

haha, precisely. But can we all agree on this...

We all hate the French?

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:29 am

Lets look at the super middleweight world champions shall we and show what a ludicrous statement that is:

Ward- Who Froch is fighting next
Stieglitz- Next to useless and a victory over him would mean next to nothing
Bute- Scared of leaving his own backyard

Pascal, Johnson, Taylor, Dirrell and Abraham may not not have won a world title at the weight which means nothing in todays boxing climate anyway but they're still top tier fighters no matter which way you want to twist it.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:29 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Steffan wrote:

haha, precisely. But can we all agree on this...

We hate the French?

Who is we?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:31 am

What is so ludicrous about it - it's fact! He fought one genuinely established world champion at the weight and lost. I didn't say they weren't top tier! 🤦

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:32 am

Would you rather he faced and beat Stieglitz then? Or does it make sense facing 5 highly ranked world level opponents?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:36 am

Just stating the facts Mr Ghost. If you want to blow hard on Froch's wins then that's up to you.

And yes, I would like him to beat up Stieglitz now you mention it because a German bum beating clown is never a good thing for world boxing and to think this no mark holds the legend's old belt makes me ill just thinking about it! vomit

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:40 am

Seeing Hearns old belt in the hands of Stieglitz irritates me too

It's not a case of blowing hard on his wins its more having a sense of perspective on things, he fights the best fight after fight and has proved his warrior spirit time after time, he's not the most talented boxer in the world but he's at least willing to try and prove himself something that can't be said of many.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:43 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Seeing Hearns old belt in the hands of Stieglitz irritates me too

I was thinking more Steve Collins but each to their own.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:44 am

Well Hearns is the only legend to have held that belt.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Frotchlinger Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:57 am

People are saying Bute needs to up his opposition, which I would entirely agree with, but hasn't he just tried to do that with Kessler and was rejected?

I'm still not sure Kessler, who opted out of the Super Six, deserves a crack at the winner, he'll be hoping Froch wins it for sure, cos he knows that robbery still rankles Carl; Ward can ignore him, then he may rue rejecting the Bute offer, which wasn't unsubstantial.

Bute isn't above suspicion himself though, opted out the super six, and Pascal's been chasing Bute for ages, but I think Bute knows his fellow countryman is too strong for him and would outmuscle him.

Herman Frotchlinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:06 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Well Hearns is the only legend to have held that belt.

Joe Cal...zaghe...? (in a quiet voice)

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:08 am

Wouldn't call him a legend in the Hearns sense myself.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Frotchlinger Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:10 am

Would just like to add that while I dont think Bute is any great shakes, I thin k he would outbox Kessler comfotably, who imo is long past the stage of wanting to prove he's the best.

Herman Frotchlinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:13 am

No maybe not but I'd fancy Calzaghe to give Hearns the sternest of tests.

There will probably never be a fighter like Hearns ever again in this day and age of protected champs and 37 recognised alphabets.

Anyway toodle-ooh all! Until tomorrow when I am suffiently bored in work to sneak onto 606v2. Probably around the 11ish mark, two hours and that's all it takes!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:28 am

Probably because Hearns made his name in lower divisions than Super Middleweight, it's only on natural size that Calzaghe stands a chance even then I would fancy a Hearns win.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:06 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Probably because Hearns made his name in lower divisions than Super Middleweight, it's only on natural size that Calzaghe stands a chance even then I would fancy a Hearns win.

Calzaghe 5'11" and 73" reach; Hearns 6'1" and 78" reach. Other than a bit more meat on his bones I don't think Calzaghe even has any size/physical advantages over Hearns, maybe a bit better chin but that's it. Joe would eat that jab all night long, LTKO Hearns.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:14 pm

Whichever way you look at Calzaghe IS the naturally bigger man.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:06 pm

I thought Hearns stuggled against Virgil Hill and given that Virge isn't the man Calzaghe was I don't think it would be as clear cut as you romantics like to make out.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next