The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch v Bute Who, How and Why?

+6
J.Benson II
John Bloody Wayne
azania
AlexHuckerby
manos de piedra
Seanusarrilius
10 posters

Go down

Froch v Bute Who, How and Why? Empty Froch v Bute Who, How and Why?

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 18 Dec 2011, 11:38 pm

Ok,

Personally i want Froch in a fight in spring in England, then Kessler for the WBO in summer at the city ground, but i appreciate that is not necessarily going to be the case.

Another fight that seems likely is this one. So on the back of last night, who wins with Froch and Bute and how?

WAR FROCH!

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Froch v Bute Who, How and Why? Empty Re: Froch v Bute Who, How and Why?

Post by manos de piedra Sun 18 Dec 2011, 11:42 pm

Think it would be a great fight. Might be inclined to think it pans out similar to the Froch v Pascal fight when momentum swinging both ways but Froch grinding out the win.

Like yourself, I find it difficult to ascertain Bute overall. I suspect he may be a little underrated by virtue of his opponent selection but would still pick Froch to win a hard fought decision.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 18 Dec 2011, 11:45 pm

Bute and a tad easy too. Bute has superior hand speed and foot movement boxing skill and carries a dig. Don't expect Bute to go to war as that's not really his style and would play into Frochs hands. Think Bute would outbox Froch relatively comfortably 117-111 Bute methinks.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 18 Dec 2011, 11:46 pm

Yeah Bute is slick, he will be faster than Froch (but not as fast as Ward) and will hit as hard if not a little harder than froch. Also Slick (but not as slick as Ward) but i seriously think Froch could get in and rough him up a bit, I think Bute would be fav at home and you can't say he didn't look good last time out, but we all saw how Froch came back against AA after Kessler. Froch wouldn't be so paralyzed by Bute as he was Ward.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 18 Dec 2011, 11:47 pm

I think Bute is seriously under=estimated. I wouldn't be surprised if he beats Froch and gives Ward a very serious argument. From what I've seen of him, he looks very good with very good power. Good fighter overall.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 18 Dec 2011, 11:48 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/dec/18/carl-froch-lucian-bute-andre-ward?newsfeed=true

seems likely

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 18 Dec 2011, 11:50 pm

Still think that Bute makes it his fight, I think a lot of the fight will be about footwork and Bute's is way way way better than Froch's. I love Froch dearly, but for the life of me I can't see him really getting to Bute properly. Bute's jab and left hook will keep Carl off him and footwork to move away and I think he's too open with his left arm down so low. Having your left arm down is all good when you're quick, but Froch really isn't.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 18 Dec 2011, 11:59 pm

I think Carl's style would actually be very difficult for a southpaw stance. He seems pretty open to an overhand right from an orthodox, but a left back hand wouldn't be anywhere near as easy. Hard to explain in words, but Ward is renowned for switching stances and he stayed orthodox throughout against Froch.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:03 am

I'd go for Bute by decision but in a closer fight than what we saw yesterday.

I actually wouldnt rule out a KO for either man though. Froch could wear him down late on or Bute could nail Froch with a cracking body shot.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:05 am

Bute has a decent right hook that he could prob find a home for against Froch chin

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:05 am

Bute easy UD.. Alex Huckerby nails it 'footwork' Smile

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:10 am

I was thinking earlier that i would not like to see Froch go there and fight, but then i thought about it some more and if he was to do so, he may as well do it now. He isn't getting any younger is he and fighting Bute after Ward is about as good prep as you can expect. Bute once again wants a guy off a loss tho, that's two in a row.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:15 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:I was thinking earlier that i would not like to see Froch go there and fight, but then i thought about it some more and if he was to do so, he may as well do it now. He isn't getting any younger is he and fighting Bute after Ward is about as good prep as you can expect. Bute once again wants a guy off a loss tho, that's two in a row.

The negotiation started before the Ward fight, so its not as though Bute waited for froch to lose before deciding to fight him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:17 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:I was thinking earlier that i would not like to see Froch go there and fight, but then i thought about it some more and if he was to do so, he may as well do it now. He isn't getting any younger is he and fighting Bute after Ward is about as good prep as you can expect. Bute once again wants a guy off a loss tho, that's two in a row.

In other words if Froch loses 'Bute cherry picked an opponent coming off a loss?' but if Froch wins oh hes back etc etc??

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:18 am

azania wrote:

The negotiation started before the Ward fight, so its not as though Bute waited for froch to lose before deciding to fight him.

Exactly what i was kinda hinting at, its not Bute fault that Froch lost.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:23 am

Its hard to tell with Bute, the guy has got a bit of a bed rep and to be honest its pretty much hard to argue with. I think hes better than his opposition is letting on. But he stayed out of the S6 and fought the leel below, some barely even world class, took on Johnson after the guy was ancient and had lost 4/5 out of his last number of fights and now hes in talks with Froch after a one sided loss.

Fair enough they may have made initial contact before the fight but surely if you were Bute you would want to wait for the result and then go after the winner rather than the loser??

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:14 am

Yeah i am being a bit harsh on Bute there to be honest

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Mon 19 Dec 2011, 11:16 am

Bute has been looking good lately but not exactly against stellar opposition and then I think of how he was in the last round of the first Andrade fight (all over the place!).. but then again, so was Ward when he was knocked down all those years ago [and look at him now].

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by skimpton Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:23 pm

After all his recent big fights I don't think an easy fight for Froch is the right answer, I just think he would find it hard to get up for it.
Plus time is not on his side and he needs to get on with things.
He needs a belt.
Rematch against Ward will not happen....yet. He would need a belt to make it worth Ward's while.
The WBO belt will not be available until at least the middel of 2012 as Kessler and Steiglitz fight in April. Then I believe he will need to go abroad unless Kessler can be enticed to UK if offered enough money.
The IBF is with Bute but he will not leave Canada. That though is probably not an issue as we all know Froch is prepared to travel.
Therefore I would like to see Froch beat Bute for IBF.
Then unify IBF and WBO with Kessler (who I believe beats Steiglitz). With a belt he could get the fight in UK.
The winner to then fight Ward for unification across all 4 belts, which would probably take place late 2012 early 2013.
If Froch loses any of these he will need to go to LHW and cash-in on his gentlemans agreement with Pascal and then maybe Cleverley.

So Bute next!

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:29 pm

So Bute next!

Agreed.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down