The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch is fighting Bute next!

+16
alanqlm
EdWoodjr
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Nico the gman
Super D Boon
John Bloody Wayne
The Galveston Giant
Valero's Conscience
Rowley
Kiss Me I'm Irish
manos de piedra
paperbag_puncher
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Steffan
ShahenshahG
Seanusarrilius
20 posters

Go down

Froch is fighting Bute next! Empty Froch is fighting Bute next!

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 09 Feb 2012, 11:14 pm

Ok,

Froch has tweeted this,

"Looks like my next one is gonna be for the IBF World Title! Nice one @EddieHearn. More news to come on date & venue very soon Wink."

And it looks set for spring time now. Hope beyond hope it is in Notts

And it looks like it is going to be in GB. I said a while back on here i felt that if froch held out then Butes lack of other options might land Froch a fight at home. Some scoffed, but I think it's a big possiblity now.

Thoughts, predictions and such?

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu 09 Feb 2012, 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Froch is fighting Bute next! Empty Re: Froch is fighting Bute next!

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 09 Feb 2012, 11:23 pm

If froc doesnt knock him out then he loses

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 09 Feb 2012, 11:28 pm

Even in GB?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 09 Feb 2012, 11:37 pm

Doubt it will be in gb - wouldn't make business sense but even if it is

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 09 Feb 2012, 11:46 pm

If Froch can land these devastating punches he is renowned for then he can maybe knock Bute out

Other than that I gotta go with Lucian in a landslide points victory

Not sure where the fight will be. Canada is a bit unmarketable and being the undefeated IBF Super Middleweight champion...Bute shouldnt have to travel to England unless the money is astronomical

They should settle for a venue in America probably MSG which is not to bad for Bute fans or Carls massive army of supporters to get to

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 09 Feb 2012, 11:47 pm

This is going to be in britain mark my words. Froch has held out and it hink he will get the reward as Bute has no decent opp otherwise. Froch tweeted this too to a guy called Sean (not me)

Sean This ones in the UK! Get yourself over here. If you're allowed!? Wink

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 09 Feb 2012, 11:50 pm

Well if it is in England...surely it will be somewhere bigger than the Nottingham Arena or whatever the main place is there?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 09 Feb 2012, 11:52 pm

Steffan wrote:If Froch can land these devastating punches he is renowned for then he can maybe knock Bute out

Other than that I gotta go with Lucian in a landslide points victory

Not sure where the fight will be. Canada is a bit unmarketable and being the undefeated IBF Super Middleweight champion...Bute shouldnt have to travel to England unless the money is astronomical

They should settle for a venue in America probably MSG which is not to bad for Bute fans or Carls massive army of supporters to get to

I haven't seen many of carls devastating punches for a while now. He is heavy handed but doesn't seem to carry game changing power. He has also slowed considerably and bute has good reflexes and good hand speed.

I'm pretty sure bute make a killing in Canada. He sells out every time and froch is know to them because of pascal. Americans will be interested to see how bute can deal with Carl in comparison to ward, and the British public would love to watch this fight on the TV

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 10 Feb 2012, 12:00 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:I haven't seen many of carls devastating punches for a while now
Me neither. I was being sarcastic to the 'Froch will win by KO/TKO' gang Wink

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:I'm pretty sure bute make a killing in Canada. He sells out every time and froch is know to them because of pascal. Americans will be interested to see how bute can deal with Carl in comparison to ward, and the British public would love to watch this fight on the TV
Maybe the fight could be in Canada. Seanusarrilius seems convinced its in England though. Im hoping Bute does what he did to Glen Johnson and give him a good beating...hopefully career ending for Froch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 10 Feb 2012, 12:31 am

This is happening in England, i predict the Forest ground. Hear me Steffan, the all seeing oracle of Froch haha

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Fri 10 Feb 2012, 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 10 Feb 2012, 12:39 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:This is happening in England, i predictthe Forest ground. Hear me Steffa, the all seeing oracle of Froch haha

Hadnt thought of that one infact. Yeah Forest Ground is good venue if the weather holds out

Im sure you are Carl Froch at times mate Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 10 Feb 2012, 12:46 am

I know, i champion him quite a bit. I also love Matthysse, but just isn't as sexy on a UK board ha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 10 Feb 2012, 1:24 am

Well I hate to tell you but...your boy Froch is gonna get beaten like a dog...A DOG (I hope) Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 10 Feb 2012, 3:39 am

Steffan, i can't allow you to be the last comment on every thread, it upsets the karmic balance of the board

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 10 Feb 2012, 6:37 am

Can see Bute taking this one rather handily.. Much more polished boxer than Froch, better footwork, greater shot selection and seems to have a decent punch on him.

He may not be as slick as Ward but hits harder and is pretty good at getting in and out of range. Can see him frustrating Froch and slowing him down with body shots on the way to a comfy decision.

"Oh but Andrade nearly knocked him out he won't be ablt to handle Froch's pressure" i hear you cry... Whens the last time Froch knocked someone down let alone out? He doesnt have world class KO power at this level..

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 10 Feb 2012, 7:39 am

Bute and his team must really view Froch as easy pickings if they are willing to have the bout in the U.K.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiss Me I'm Irish Fri 10 Feb 2012, 9:37 am

Good day,

Read this forum for a while and felt i had to join up after reading all of JabMachine's latest antics, fresh banter.

Think Froch will get comfortably outboxed in this one, Bute beat Johnson much more convincingly than Froch did.

Kiss Me I'm Irish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 10 Feb 2012, 9:42 am

manos de piedra wrote:Bute and his team must really view Froch as easy pickings if they are willing to have the bout in the U.K.

Possible Manos, what is probably the case is Bute has been stung by the constant criticism of being a stay at home fighter or protected, and lets be honest who wouldn't be, and has looked at the options and if it is a choice of Froch in Nottingham, Ward in the US or Kessler in Denmark probably considers Froch the best of those options, and he is probably right.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 10 Feb 2012, 10:05 am

Glad for Froch and surely maintains his reputation as consistently taking on the toughest fighters fight after fight?

If it's in England, good for Froch, he deserves it. I'd try my best to go to this fight if so, hopefully in London for purely selfish reasons!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 10 Feb 2012, 10:12 am

Good fight although i can see a clear victory for Bute, would be very suprised if this was in Britain, but maybe bute's team think it will give him some decent exposure. We'll find out soon i suppose.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 10 Feb 2012, 10:14 am

I may go to fight also. If you see a 4 6ft+ morbidly obese asians in pakistan and england cricket shirts - I'll be the guy sitting next to them in the black fedora in honour of Mustafa ameen.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 10 Feb 2012, 10:14 am

rowley wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Bute and his team must really view Froch as easy pickings if they are willing to have the bout in the U.K.

Possible Manos, what is probably the case is Bute has been stung by the constant criticism of being a stay at home fighter or protected, and lets be honest who wouldn't be, and has looked at the options and if it is a choice of Froch in Nottingham, Ward in the US or Kessler in Denmark probably considers Froch the best of those options, and he is probably right.

Perhaps, although the timing would seem strange. Bute has been getting stick for staying at home and soft fights for years now. With Ward or Kessler, they are probably going to be fellow title holders assuming Kessler wins against Stieglitz as expected. Froch doesnt really have much to bargain with so its pretty accomodating to have whats probably his toughest fight to date breaking the mould and going abroad.

I suppose it could potentially be a case of Hearn just offering a Bute a really good deal to travel. Its no secret Froch is desperate for a home fight so maybe hes given up a much greater percentage than normal in order to secure home venue.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 10 Feb 2012, 10:57 am

Kiss Me I'm Irish wrote:Good day,

Read this forum for a while and felt i had to join up after reading all of JabMachine's latest antics, fresh banter.

Think Froch will get comfortably outboxed in this one, Bute beat Johnson much more convincingly than Froch did.

He'd had hours of sparring with Johnson before they signed to fight so it's not really a fair comparison.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 10 Feb 2012, 2:05 pm

I don't see this as one sided as some, Froch needs to be far more aggressive than he was against Ward, less tentative and dare i say it more like his old self. If he tries to engage in a tip toe battle of jabs and foot movement then he is slower and has less hand speed. If he moves forward and gets to Bute, then he can wear him down. He can't eb tentative

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 10 Feb 2012, 3:53 pm

Hope beyond hope it is in Notts
--------

Hope away, no way will Bute fight there.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 10 Feb 2012, 4:04 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Hope beyond hope it is in Notts
--------

Lets be honest...if you were the undefeated IBF SMW champion...would you wanna fight in Nottingham?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 10 Feb 2012, 4:28 pm

Steffan wrote:
--------

Lets be honest...if you were the undefeated IBF SMW champion...would you wanna fight in Nottingham?
Depends what money Butes being offered, otherwise nope wouldn't want to fight in Nottingham or Britain for that matter.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Fri 10 Feb 2012, 5:59 pm

Bute gasses in fights he has to work in; so if Froch can hold on in to the championship rounds he could have a chance as Ward did tire slightly towards the end too and i'm sure Froch could work at his own, higher pace with the fans behind him as opposed to against Ward where he had to fight at S.O.Gs pace.

Also Froch could easily be KO'd in this fight; and most probably from a body shot because Bute's liver shots are sickening and Froch is open to the left hand to the gut

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 10 Feb 2012, 6:23 pm

--------

i will hold you to this if it comes off

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Fri 10 Feb 2012, 11:20 pm

Froch might not be the most gifted fighter that this country has ever produced but he must be a contender for the one with the biggest cohunas.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Fri 10 Feb 2012, 11:47 pm

Just wondering why the drastic change.... Before Ward V Froch everybody was adament Bute would be comprehensively battered by Ward, Froch, Kessler, heck some people were even suggesting the likes of Pavlik and Abraham could give him a fight.

Now all of a sudden because Froch has been beat by Ward, and Bute beat an awful version of Glen Johnson suddenly Froch has no hope and only Ward could topple Bute.

Now dont get me wrong I rate Bute quite highly but think its a bit fickle to be writing Froch off just because he got beat by 1 of the most gifted boxers on the planet.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 11 Feb 2012, 12:34 am

alanqlm wrote:Just wondering why the drastic change.... Before Ward V Froch everybody was adament Bute would be comprehensively battered by Ward, Froch, Kessler, heck some people were even suggesting the likes of Pavlik and Abraham could give him a fight.

Now all of a sudden because Froch has been beat by Ward, and Bute beat an awful version of Glen Johnson suddenly Froch has no hope and only Ward could topple Bute.

Now dont get me wrong I rate Bute quite highly but think its a bit fickle to be writing Froch off just because he got beat by 1 of the most gifted boxers on the planet.

Yea but did you see how slow froch was in that fight. Bute has great reflexes and great handspeed for a super middle. Froch does well when someone's in front of him and is willing to trade i.e, pascal, Abraham, Kessler, Johnson and possibly cleverly if it happens.

He has struggled with ward and dirrell, 2 quick boxers. Froch doesn't have devastating power at the moment and coupled with butes defence he should win by UD.

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:31 am

its funny, while bute has done nothing to suggest he's got better - since froch lost to the best in the world bute is now too good for him.

was a completely different story before ward.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 11 Feb 2012, 11:04 am

Froch wins this all day for me, not sold on Bute who has been lucky not to face any of the top men yet, he's in for a rude awakening, would have preferred to see Kessler knock him from pillar to post to be honest.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 11 Feb 2012, 11:44 am

If someone like Andrade can give Bute a hard time (well he did in their first fight anyway!) then Froch can win this quite handily. It all depends where it is (in Canada it will be UD Bute regardless of how well Froch fights). In Nottingham it is likely to be UD Froch and in the USA a split decision either way. I don't see a KO at all.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat 11 Feb 2012, 12:00 pm

agreed on the no KO - froch may punch hard but he doesnt knock people out.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sat 11 Feb 2012, 1:10 pm

Froch has fought fairly cautiously lately and I think he should try and drag Bute into a war if this fight happens.

Bute is quicker than Froch and they have similar power and a deciding factor could be toughness which Froch has. WAR Froch!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 11 Feb 2012, 1:23 pm

That's the thing though, froch doesn't go to war as often, he likes to use his jab. If he reverts back to tear-up fighter than he could outmuscle bute. Bute wins on the outside though if froch sticks to how he's been boxing lately as he's taller quicker and more accurate. I can see bute fighting on the back foot not giving froch the chance to plant his feet or get caught on the ropes

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Sat 11 Feb 2012, 4:05 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:If someone like Andrade can give Bute a hard time (well he did in their first fight anyway!) then Froch can win this quite handily. It all depends where it is (in Canada it will be UD Bute regardless of how well Froch fights). In Nottingham it is likely to be UD Froch and in the USA a split decision either way. I don't see a KO at all.

Andrade got comprehensively outboxed in that fight and got lucky (and then unlucky) at the end. Think Bute would have learned from that fight. Cant see Froch winning this by any method other than KO and that I think is pretty unlikely itself.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 11 Feb 2012, 7:10 pm

Frochy baby can do it!!!!!!!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down