The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Showtime might not want Froch v Bute

5 posters

Go down

Showtime might not want Froch v Bute Empty Showtime might not want Froch v Bute

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:35 am

I kind of hope this is true. Seems they might want a Yank to raise Butes profile in America I suppose. Stupid really, Froch would be more game than any Yank Super except the Dirrell brothers and I can't imagine they want this fight just yet. If it doesn't happen I will for one be pleased. Froch should have a home fight, although I don't want to see his immense run of comeptition broken, a home fight then Kessler rematch in the summer would be wicked for me!

I am suprised Showtime would reject the runner up of the super six who was involved in the two most exciting fights of the tourney (Kessler, Johnson)

http://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-showtime-rejected-bute-vs-froch-showdown--48613

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Showtime might not want Froch v Bute Empty Re: Showtime might not want Froch v Bute

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 Jan 2012, 9:35 am

Maybe they want Bute vs Ward it would be a more popular fight in America.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Showtime might not want Froch v Bute Empty Re: Showtime might not want Froch v Bute

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 17 Jan 2012, 9:43 am

It would be good if Showtime forced a Bute/Ward fight that would be good for the sport, they hold the money so realistically they hold a lot of cards and could force this fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:00 pm

Bute v Ward I would be surprised, unless the money is huge. Ward wants Bute to prove himself first, hence Froch. Maybe Bute Anthony (not Andre) Dirrell? A decent yank on the resume.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:01 pm

Martinez has turned his back on HBO and there is nothing for him at 160olbs he could be in the mix.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:21 pm

If they are not interested in Froch then they must have something decent lined up. As long as Bute fights someone good out the Super Six next i'll be happy.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:46 pm

Martinez has Macklin in spring so thats him out for at least 6 months i would think and Bute needs an opponent before then

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 17 Jan 2012, 9:22 pm

[I am suprised Showtime would reject the runner up of the super six who was involved in the two most exciting fights of the tourney (Kessler, Johnson)

http://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-showtime-rejected-bute-vs-froch-showdown--48613

[/quote]

i thought they were two of the least entertaining fights of the tournement. froch v abraham, dirrell v abraham and ward v kessler were all much better fights as far as im concerned.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down