The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FROCH VS BUTE - MAY 26th

+8
manos de piedra
oxring
Rowley
Imperial Ghosty
School Project
Steffan
Seanusarrilius
d260005p
12 posters

Go down

FROCH VS BUTE - MAY 26th Empty FROCH VS BUTE - MAY 26th

Post by d260005p Mon 19 Mar - 16:16

Press conference held, tickets are out and about online ladies and gents:

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-lucian-bute-carl-froch-face-face-nottingham--50797

TICKETS:

http://capitalfmarenanottingham.seetickets.com/Event/CARL-FROCH-V-LUCIAN-BUTE/Capital-FM-Arena-Nottingham/624989/?src=newsite-624989

Enjoy!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

FROCH VS BUTE - MAY 26th Empty Re: FROCH VS BUTE - MAY 26th

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 19 Mar - 16:17

If this had been in Montreal I could have seen it, but I am pleased it's in Notts. War Froch!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 19 Mar - 19:24

Come on Bute OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 19 Mar - 19:29

I haven't watched or read it fully yet, but I can guess the following words showed up:

Warrior, Trenches, Calzaghe.

Am I right? Smile

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 19 Mar - 19:39

School Project wrote:I haven't watched or read it fully yet, but I can guess the following words showed up:

Warrior, Trenches, Calzaghe.

Am I right? Smile
You forgot the Froch classic of 'Il knock him out'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 19 Mar - 19:40

Yawn.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 19 Mar - 19:58

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Yawn.
Most interesting thing youve ever said on here I reckon...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Mar - 20:17

The fight is over two months away lets not do this on every thread. Steffan everyone knows your views on Froch and you are cheering Bute on, would struggle to imagine the numerous threads over the next 10 weeks which are likely to be written about this fight will be improved by you reminding us of this fact.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 19 Mar - 21:01

Would like to echo Jeff's comments. I am supporting Bute - not because I really dislike Froch - but because I like and respect Bute - and because I feel a bit sorry for him as well. He has beaten some live opponents and was shamefully overlooked (thrice no less) for the S6. As such - his opposition was largely discredited.

I admit, I have had a degree of a Damascene conversion where Bute is concerned. I wasn't a major fan until Andrade 2 - but that fight showed incredible heart and skills - especially given the controversy in the first.

However - if Froch were to demonstrate skill and ability and dominate Bute - I wouldn't be cursing. Boxing is the winner here.

There is a place for parochialism - but it can be overstated.

Rein it in please Steffan.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 19 Mar - 21:13

As you wish

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 19 Mar - 22:25

Im a bit torn on who to support in this one myself. I would guess from the boxing neutrals point of view, a Bute win would be the preffered option. Especially if in impressive fashion.

But hard to begrudge Froch a win at the same time. However if Bute could stop Froch or win decisively it would open up a very exciting potential fight with Ward which would be for pound for pound significance. Much as I like Froch, I cant see him beating Ward. Bute is younger, fresher and a win on the road would definately put the pressure on Ward both to make a fight happen and also about being seen as a genuine clash between champions. Froch is coming to the end of his career. A win over Bte would simply see him as a beltholder but nothing to rival Ward. So in that sense, I think a Bute win would be better with a view to the future.

But I also fear if Froch does lose his legacy will be about a guy who took on hard fights but came up short at the highest level. Losses to Ward, Kessler and Bute would see him drop down the pecking order of Super Middleweights.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 19 Mar - 22:52

All fair points, Manos - as you'd probably expect, no such problem for me when it comes to who I'll be supporting. Fully understand, of course, that from a neutral point of view a Bute win would be the preferred option; if that were to transpire, Bute-Ward suddenly becomes just about the biggest potential fight in the sport outside of those two who shall remain nameless here.

Although the majority have warmed to him in light of this fight happening, I do still believe there is an element of the unknown with Bute. The one major problem for Froch, of course, is that the Canadian-Romanian has tried and tested speed. As much as I admire Carl and have followed his career closely since the early days, he's just never looked comfortable against fast hands. The best antidote to blazing speed is timing, of course, but again Froch does lack the discipline and stance for this.

I think Froch has to win ugly if he's going to pull this one out. It's certainly not beyond him, but he'll need to be in the best shape of his career - not an easy task for someone nudging thirty-five and coming off a loss at the end of a tough series of fights. His stamina hasn't been great at crucial times in the past, but it'll need to be exactly that here. Just don't think he's winning a chess match against Bute, but he might just earn a tough, tough decision if he can make it a scrap and not allow Bute room to breathe.

Anyway, got my ticket today, so whatever the weather it'll be a good night out.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 19 Mar - 23:12

I pick Bute to win because he appears the better boxer. As manos says, for boxing, its also better if Bute wins as it sets up a mouth watering fight with Ward.

Bute to stop Froch late on.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 19 Mar - 23:23

Yes Il be looking forward to seeing how Bute handles the step up in competition, aswell as the hostile environment.

I kind of neglected watching a Bute a bit while the S6 was ongoing because I felt it was just a level below but having gone back and watched Bute a bit more recently theres plenty there to be positive. Other than really 1 bad and almost disastrous round against Andrade he has pretty much passed every test to date in impressive fashion.

If the fight happened a couple of years ago I would be certainly in the Froch camp but as it is now I feel Froch is coming to the end of a journey, whereas Bute is now stepping into the big time. Wont be too disappointed either way, especially if the fight is a good one. But think Bute has the greater potential at this point career-wise and I suspect he will beat Froch with superior speed, agility and movement. Would be surprised if it wasnt a hard fought fight though and for me the biggest question marks around Bute are not really about his actual skills/speed but more about how he can handle things if/when the going gets tough. We know Froch can dig deep because he has been in plenty of hard fought contests. He may not always win, but hes unlikely to crumble. With Bute its been mostly plain sailing for most of his career so harder to say how he handles things when a fight gets tough and he needs to dig deep to find that extra strength.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 19 Mar - 23:43

Froch has been in a series of brutal fights which muct have taken quite a bit out of him. He was always 'easy' when he stepped up to world level. Bute is a very accurate puncher and a southpaw which spells trouble for Froch.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 19 Mar - 23:43

I have been a big critic of Bute, but no more. Can't wait for this and fair play to Bute for coming over. Nice guy too, all round decent champ. that said . . . WAR FROCH!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 19 Mar - 23:53

I think it's better for boxing that Froch wins, a fighter who has actively seeked out and fought the best available winning is more positive than a stay at home safe fighter winning.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 20 Mar - 0:07

A Froch win would mean a fragmented title. I'd rather Bute win so a fight with Ward can happen. We already know Ward is better than Froch so Froch calling him out (as he did today) is pretty meaningless. It would represent a backward step for Ward.

You cant get better than 2 undefeated champions duking it out to see who is best.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 20 Mar - 0:15

If Bute can't beat Froch then it's all pretty meaningless.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 20 Mar - 8:03

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I think it's better for boxing that Froch wins, a fighter who has actively seeked out and fought the best available winning is more positive than a stay at home safe fighter winning.

That not a bit contradictory? If Bute beats Froch on his own turf surely he cant be labelled as a stay at home safe fighter?

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 20 Mar - 9:49

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I think it's better for boxing that Froch wins, a fighter who has actively seeked out and fought the best available winning is more positive than a stay at home safe fighter winning.

Incredibly harsh on Bute there, Ghosty. If he was a stay-at-home, play-it-safe fighter in the past, then he certainly isn't right now. He's risking his world title and unbeaten record in the backyard of a tried and tested world-level operator, not sure what else he could do right now to please his critics.

Not a dig against Froch, but I reckon a lot of us would have a bit of trouble getting excited for a rematch with Ward - if he does get past Bute, I'd probably prefer to see him move up to 175 lb and go after a belt there. Think he'd need half a dozen attempts to get a win over Ward on the basis of their style match up and what transpired in the Super Six final.

I'll be rooting for Froch, but I don't see how anyone can really still be so scathing of Bute. He's got everything to lose here. And from a neutral point of view, I don't see how anyone could say that a unification bout between two unbeaten belt holders (which would surely be the end result if Bute were to win here) could be anything less than fantastic for the sport.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Tue 20 Mar - 10:40

I see here your biased side towards Brits is showing again...how on earth is a Froch win gonna better the sport? Completely agree with Azania, Ward made Froch look like a taxi driver, Bute win would ensure the Ward bout. I can safely say Bute v Ward will be more competitive than a complete boxing lesson that Froch took, that's the harsh reality mate.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 20 Mar - 11:00

So its fair to say Ghosty is not a fan of Bute then Laugh

Me neither to be honest but a Bute v Ward matchup is surely something we all want

Well apart from Ghosty that is...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 20 Mar - 11:14

Bute gives Froch a boxing lesson. Ward will probably then out hustle Bute. Would prefer Bute to win them both though.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue 20 Mar - 13:37

Froch to win by TKO late rounds.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down