The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bute vs Pascal is on!

+12
aja424
AlexHuckerby
TopHat24/7
Strongback
88Chris05
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
bhb001
John Bloody Wayne
bellchees
Seanusarrilius
Boxtthis
Commander
16 posters

Go down

Bute vs Pascal is on! Empty Bute vs Pascal is on!

Post by Commander Mon 18 Feb 2013, 11:56 pm

This one has come out of the blue for me.

Not sure what weight or catchweight it will be at and if it's a good stylistic match-up for Bute.. but plenty of money!

Commander

Back to top Go down

Bute vs Pascal is on! Empty Re: Bute vs Pascal is on!

Post by Boxtthis Mon 18 Feb 2013, 11:59 pm

Another good fight to look forward to. Something tells me that Bute is gonna be slick enough to outbox him. But it's a pick 'em fight.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:23 am

Great crossroads fight. Good money-spinner for both, too. Pascal KO or Bute pts. Great fight! I might go

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:38 am

Bout time these 2 got it on.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:55 am

Hadn't even thought of this matchup but it will be huge in Canada and an interesting clash. I'm backing Pascal to get to him early. Not convinced he has the workrate to finish things though.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 7:58 am

Any news on when? I agree this is a good match up and one Canada has been waiting for.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 19 Feb 2013, 11:44 am

Didn't they try to make this in 2010

Either way it's a good fight and a huge fight for Canadian's

It's also a hard fight to pick, Butes frailties are there for all to see but Pascal has become an ambush fighter and doesn't apply constant pressure but fights in bursts and usually gasses which will allow Bute to pick up a rhythm which is when he's at his best

Don't know what weight it'll be at, Bute wont benefit by adding any mass to get to 175 and Pascal (although quite short) is made of muscle with very little fat which is harder to burn off and get down to 168

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 11:55 am

Bute going up would be my guess, WHU. He's a huge Super-Middleweight and looks in decent nick even when at his walk around weight, reportedly nigh-on fourteen stone.

Good fight to be made, not an easy one to call, however. Bute the better pure boxer, maybe, but there will forever be question marks over his chin and his ability to cope with pressure. Pascal comes out of the blocks fast, is pretty strong up close and, while not a Grandstand hitter, whacks hard enough to get the respect of anyone between 168 and 175.

If this fight goes past four or five rounds then I expect Bute to be in command. However, my gut feeling is that the hammering he got off Froch will make him a little too gunshy and may allow Pascal to walk him down, taking him out in the first third of the bout.

Neck on the line, I'll say that Bute nicks a decision, but there's not much conviction behind that. Pascal by, say, fourth round TKO is just as possible. Should be an interesting one if it happens.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:44 pm

Bute fought last time out at light heavy, so it has to be at this weight. Apparently he fights next on 25th May, so if this fight is confirmed, it will be then.

Shaping up to be a good May, isn't it? Mayweather, Froch, now Bute.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:50 pm

I reckon Pascal will be too physically strong. Frock wrote the blueprint for how to beat Bute so he has been found out to a certain extent.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:58 pm

Strongback wrote:I reckon Pascal will be too physically strong. Frock wrote the blueprint for how to beat Bute so he has been found out to a certain extent. Expect he might juice up for this one.

Only so far you can get with vimto! Doubt either of these great sportsman would use anything illegal

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:36 pm

A guy that got battered by the 2nd/3rd ranked fighter in his division fighting someone conclusively beaten by the same fighter four years earlier.

Meh....one for the Canadians I suppose.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Feb 2013, 2:16 pm

You don't have to be ranked 1 and 2 in your division to put on a great fight.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 2:29 pm

No, but it terms of it's importance it's pretty irrelevant. There were good fights at the last Prizefighter, nobody made a song and dance about it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 19 Feb 2013, 3:04 pm

They are high level fighters and should put on a great show, who took the jam out of yuor dougnut TopHat?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Feb 2013, 3:09 pm

Pascal is the only guy to beat Dawson at 175. A name that got Ward massive props even though he was drained.

Bute clearly lacks durability, but he never lost his heavy hands or boxing skill. He also started his career at 175 so he may well have lost some punch resistance coming down to super middle.

So they've both lost to Froch? They're still world class and among the best in either super middle or light heavy, even though Pascal has been ridiculously inactive.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 3:13 pm

As a Froch fan i'm hoping Bute doesn't get splattered because it will take some of the credit away from his win.
At the same time I don't wish for Pascal to win and then demand a rematch with Carl because of the obvious link and the promised rematch made 4 years ago.
Because of the time between each fight I don't think Froch has enough time to fight either of them if he is to fight both Kessler and Ward, as I would rather he fight Degale next year which will bring him upto his 37th birthday.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Tue 19 Feb 2013, 3:45 pm

I think Pascal’s got the chin and tools to walk Bute down, a-la Froch. I think against anyone robust, and with a sufficient dig, Bute’s likely to fight scared from now on; pop out shots then move, etc.

I think Froch taking his best shots and still coming at him has dented the confidence he’d built up from years of finishing opponents early. If he clocks Pascal, and Pascal takes it, I think the ‘new’ Bute starts panicking.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:02 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:They are high level fighters and should put on a great show, who took the jam out of yuor dougnut TopHat?

Bute was hopelessley and shamelessly shown up and exposed by Froch. It's not like he was narrowly outpointed. Just seems like 2 guys past there best fighting what they both know if probably the only good money fight left our there for them (i.e. a big home draw).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:06 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:They are high level fighters and should put on a great show, who took the jam out of yuor dougnut TopHat?

Bute was hopelessley and shamelessly shown up and exposed by Froch. It's not like he was narrowly outpointed. Just seems like 2 guys past there best fighting what they both know if probably the only good money fight left our there for them (i.e. a big home draw).

Or two high level quality fighters that make a bit of a pick 'em fight that is a genuine crossroads fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:08 pm

You know who Bute is..............

Click on youtube and look up Slobodan Kacar...........a useless IBf light heavy champ from the past!!

Sad times talking about Bute in the top bracket...........I imagine from Ketchel...to Lamotta........Kessler to Nunn...........

They'd all lick their lips at fighting this dud canadian............

pascal easily.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:13 pm

He's proven he's not quite top bracket, but he's better than the avergae contenders.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:29 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Or two high level quality fighters that make a bit of a pick 'em fight that is a genuine crossroads fight.

Crossroads?
More like end of the road.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:31 pm

Both have big fights in the future if they win. So not exactly.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:57 pm

Both have big fights? Who exactly?

Bute doesn't, Froch put pay to that. Who's Pascal got? Given that he's already fought Hoppo and Dawson, the big names at his weight.

Nathan bloody Cleverly?! Speaking of whom, Pascal just got taken the distance by the bum Clev took out in 4 for the vacant WBO. Pft.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:59 pm

They are both draws, could be a Cloud match in the future, plenty of options. Could be Cleverly which would be a decent sized fight also, Bute and Pascal sell out crowds in Canada every time they fight, every fight they are involved in is a pretty good sized fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 19 Feb 2013, 5:00 pm

Wow I'm amazed at some of the negativity here.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 5:12 pm

Aye, I think you're takling a bit of an overly negative view of this one, TopHat! Pascal's still very much in the Light-Heavyweight title mix, regardless of what happens in the Dawson rematch - and I wouldn't put it past him to win that. Chad'll start as favourite, but he's not the most mentally switched on fighter and, having some demons from his first fight against Pascal to contend with, as well as this being his first run out since Ward thrashed him, who knows if he'll turn in another shocker again?

Fair play to Bute, as well. You can argue that Froch exposed him, but he's evidently not afraid to take a risk to get his career back on track. Whoever wins this is pretty much guarateed another title fight of sorts in the near future, so there's a fair bit on the line.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 5:23 pm

Boxtthis wrote:Wow I'm amazed at some of the negativity here.

I think it's all from me in fairness! Everyone else seems pretty happy about it!

Just can't get excited about it personally. Be like Alexander v Malinaggi, two decent level operators matching up but fail to see where the excitement is or where it will lead to (that said that'd be a unification fight at least!).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 5:26 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Aye, I think you're takling a bit of an overly negative view of this one, TopHat! Pascal's still very much in the Light-Heavyweight title mix, regardless of what happens in the Dawson rematch - and I wouldn't put it past him to win that. Chad'll start as favourite, but he's not the most mentally switched on fighter and, having some demons from his first fight against Pascal to contend with, as well as this being his first run out since Ward thrashed him, who knows if he'll turn in another shocker again?

Fair play to Bute, as well. You can argue that Froch exposed him, but he's evidently not afraid to take a risk to get his career back on track. Whoever wins this is pretty much guarateed another title fight of sorts in the near future, so there's a fair bit on the line.

Of course you're positive about it, if Bute wins it makes your man Froch even more a legend! Wink :P

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 7:41 pm

Funny how Bute and Pascal were both beaten by Froch and now it's a nothing fight whereas Froch and Kessler were both outclsssed by Ward and people are salivating over their upcoming fight.

Nowt stranger than folk is there?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 8:02 pm

Pascal has a little bit of class..........that's the difference.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 20 Feb 2013, 10:49 am

DAVE667 wrote:Funny how Bute and Pascal were both beaten by Froch and now it's a nothing fight whereas Froch and Kessler were both outclsssed by Ward and people are salivating over their upcoming fight.

Nowt stranger than folk is there?

Maybe because Froch-Kessler is a fight between two genuine top-level operators which’ll decide the divisional #2 and is expected to be a war as much as boxing match whereas Pascal-Bute means little, has nothing to suggest it’ll be that exciting and is between two fighters on the downhill slope rather than pinnacle of their careers?

Would also reiterate that most of the negativity is coming from me, everyone else is pretty chuffed!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:01 am

Had to edit a part of your post which went unnoticed last night, Strongback. The forum has been threatened with legal action before by a fighter who saw his name linked to 'juicing' without any good reason, so we need to tread carefully.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 20 Feb 2013, 6:21 pm

I agree with TopHat to a degree, it's a not a fight that gets the pulses racing but it's a decent match up none the less.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 20 Feb 2013, 6:26 pm

it think pascal has a great chance against dawson. i will probably be backing him. although he fades badly in the second half he always starts a fight with high intensity. im not sure how hungry dawson will be after the ward fight. he seemed to genuinely believe he was the top dog and he might lose a bit of heart now he realises otherwise.

if pascal comes into the bute fight off the back of a win against dawson i expect bute to fight negatively and lose a wide decision. pascal didnt exectly look awful against hopkins, and i think he still has the chance to be a star in the LHW division for a few years to come

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Feb 2013, 6:30 pm

Bute v Pascal.................Be like watching two ugly people screwing....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down