The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion

+9
88Chris05
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
WelshDevilRob
Steffan
milkyboy
Mr Bounce
Boxtthis
catchweight
Seanusarrilius
13 posters

Go down

Pascal v Bute

Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion Vote_lcap78%Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion Vote_rcap 78% 
[ 14 ]
Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion Vote_lcap6%Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion Vote_lcap0%Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion Vote_lcap0%Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion Vote_lcap16%Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 18

Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion Empty Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:54 pm

Ok, this is the first big fight of 2014. Being a Canadian resident, I am particularly interested in this one.

How do you see it going?

Things to consider:

Pascal is injury prone and has been inactive. Shoulder injuries have plagued him in past.
Bute was obviously obliterated by Froch, and he looked god awful versus Grachev. Has also had injury issues and has been inactive. How much confidence does he has left in himself?
Bute was a power puncher at 168, will that carry to 175 where Pascal is a proven entity and decent banger himself.
Froch was able to 'ambush' Bute with power punch combinations. If Froch, who has no hand speed to speak of, was able to launch attacks on him and get the KO, how will Bute fair against Pascakl at 175?

This is an interesting fight, with a few intangibles to consider. That said, I see Forch as having laid the blueprint to beat Bute. Pascal should hover on outside and launch in with big power punches. He is the established product at 175, too, so should win this with a KO. If it turns into a boxing match Bute wins, but I don't see Pascal allowing that to happen.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion Empty Re: Pascal v Bute Poll and Discussion

Post by catchweight Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:33 pm

I think Pascal will be too strong

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:50 pm

I can't get the image of Froch bullrushing Bute out of my head when evaluating this fight. I too think Pascal will be too powerful for him. At least, Bute is going to have to show us something very different from the past if he's going to come out on top. Bute is slick, but not sure he is quite tough enough to beat the top guys.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:15 pm

I think this is the fight that sends Bute down the road to hang his gloves up. Despite his injury issues, Pascal is as tough as old boots, has a chin made of granite and whilst he is no KO artist, he's got a decent dig on him. He will have taken note of how Froch dealt with Bute, and I see this going much the same way.

Pascal by TKO, and possibly a disillusioned Bute quits on his stool at about the end of round 7.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:12 pm

I've always quite liked pascal and always thought bute was a protected homey and an accident waiting to happen. That accident happened against froch, I didnt see the grachev fight but understand he looked kippered.

I'm going for a pascal ko, but although I like him, he does flatter to deceive at times. If bute boxes and pascal doesnt maintain pressure, I can see bute maybe scraping a points win. Pascal's to lose though.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Bute showed against Froch that he isnt up to much so its an easy night for Pascal I think

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Bute is faded and tbh I was always suspicious about his toughness. Though in Pascal he is facing an erratic performer.

If Pascal is focused and up for the fight then he should be able to get a stoppage win around 8 rounds. Bute certainly has a good shot at winning on points but unless Pascal fights in a daze then Jean should be too much for Bute.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:42 pm

The shoulder is a worry too mate. Just takes Bute to target it and he gets a TD and wins
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:19 pm

Finding this one slightly tricky to call, personally. Both have been inactive and both have been a little up and down right throughout their careers.

I'm not sure Pascal can outbox Bute, but that won't matter if he can force Bute to freeze or force him in to a slug fest like Froch did. On the other hand, I don't think Bute can stop Pascal, so it's either Pascal inside schedule or Bute on points over twelve, for me.

I said when this fight was originally scheduled (however long ago that was - about a trillion years or something like that?) that if it went past the eight or nine rounds mark I'd expect Bute to be in command, as the sting seems to leave Pascal's shots in the late stages and his stamina isn't tip-top. Bute's isn't either, but due to the aforementioned weakness of Pascal, he might just be able to get away with it here. I can't get the images of Pascal, fading away down the stretch, being shoved all over the place by an old, smaller man in Hopkins in that first fight.

But if I had to lean more towards one of them, or one scenario, it'd be Pascal to just be too strong for Bute - I think he'll probably get him out of there within seven rounds or so. I think the way Froch totally brushed Bute aside has given every 168 / 175 pounder too clear a blueprint on how to make Bute unravel, and Pascal can really pour it on early.

Could actually be an interesting fight, but I'd back Pascal.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 am

Pascal will control the early rounds, can see no doubt about that. Pascal always starts very fast and very strong. Pascal is possibly the strongest guy at LH physically. I think he will push Bute back, and Bute might be a bit nervous to begin with and look to weather a storm.

If Bute is still there after 6 rounds it will become interesting. Pascal has always faded during the second half of fights, and this could be magnified after his injury lay offs.

Even if it goes to point I expect Pascal to shade it, but I reckon Bute might get stopped before the end of the fifth.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:04 am

Did anyone see Pascals hairdo in his last fight? He had his own face on the back of his head outlined in his hair, looked freaky.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:05 am

And wow 92% Believe in a Pascal Ko, how Bute's stock has dropped since the Froch demolition.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:30 pm

Fight week is upon us

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Looking forward to this; I'm with the majority in that I see Pascal winning inside the distance but as has been noted a win on point for Bute isn't outside the realms of impossible.

Bute was always going to struggle at the top level, anyone who had seen him before he even fought Froch knew that because he simply doesn't have the chin to stand up to the test. Much like Khan he is dependent on his opponent not figuring out how to get to him...if they do then chances are it's fight over.

Should be a good one while it last's....and I think there is every chance that the winner fights Carl Froch!! It would give Carl an option away from Groves (something he is actively seeking) and a chance to put himself in line too become a 2 weight world champion..and both opponents he knows he can beat!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Owen, no disrespect to either guy but it would be a nigh impossible sell and a travesty if it happened. Utter travesty.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:08 pm

Why would it be difficult to sell?! Bute whilst being taken to the cleaners did have a legitimate rematch option...Pascal is legitimate contender at Light-Heavyweight. Add in the fact that the winner of this would seemingly become #1 contender for the WBC title and you would have an easy sell in today's boxing climate:

Froch vs Bute/Pascal 'Retribution' for the right to face Adonis Stevenson for Light Heavyweight title!!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:12 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Why would it be difficult to sell?! Bute whilst being taken to the cleaners did have a legitimate rematch option...Pascal is legitimate contender at Light-Heavyweight. Add in the fact that the winner of this would seemingly become #1 contender for the WBC title and you would have an easy sell in today's boxing climate:

Froch vs Bute/Pascal 'Retribution' for the right to face Adonis Stevenson for Light Heavyweight title!!

Yeah don't hold your breath on that one mate

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:23 pm

I like the fact that because something is muted/brought up people assume that's what you want to happen!!

It's merely a possibility; no less likely than a fight with Chavez (which won't happen as he is tied up)...a fight with Ward (which no one want's to see as he handled him with ease last time out)!

You do realise this is boxing we are talking about? You know the sport which tends to find match ups where there isn't any and gives paydays to those who don't deserve it!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:34 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:I like the fact that because something is muted/brought up people assume that's what you want to happen!!

It's merely a possibility; no less likely than a fight with Chavez (which won't happen as he is tied up)...a fight with Ward (which no one want's to see as he handled him with ease last time out)!

You do realise this is boxing we are talking about? You know the sport which tends to find match ups where there isn't any and gives paydays to those who don't deserve it!

Yeah but Owen... He won't move to 175, the fights won't happen mate, just saying. Hearn would get a fair bit of stick trying to get a Froch V Bute rematch on SBO even if Bute mullers Pascal in 3.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:49 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:I like the fact that because something is muted/brought up people assume that's what you want to happen!!

Yeah but Owen... He won't move to 175, the fights won't happen mate, just saying. Hearn would get a fair bit of stick trying to get a Froch V Bute rematch on SBO even if Bute mullers Pascal in 3.

Yeh I guess; I suppose it depends on this Groves rematch. If it doesn't come off I just don't see where else he goes....he's never staying out of the ring until July/August...which is what he would have to do if he waits for Chavez....and I don't think the Ward rematch will happen. That leaves....a move up to 175 where he is more likely to fight a less natural 175'er i.e. Bute/Pascal ...or a 3rd fight with Kessler. I'm just not sure you can completely dismiss a fight with either of the aforementioned Canadians given options beyond Groves are pretty slim!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down