The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bute vs Pascal looks set to be announced

+10
School Project
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
JabMachineMK2
AlexHuckerby
88Chris05
azania
TheMackemMawler
All Time Great
Herman Jaeger
themadworldofjb
14 posters

Go down

Bute vs Pascal looks set to be announced  Empty Bute vs Pascal looks set to be announced

Post by themadworldofjb Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:29 am

http://www.boxingscene.com/bute-vs-pascal-announcement-expected-shortly--63294

I cannot wait for this fight to happen. Two fighters who have been beaten by Froch and have been recently cracked by top quality fighters (Carl and BHop).

Would be a cracking fight for Canadian boxing as well.
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Bute vs Pascal looks set to be announced  Empty Re: Bute vs Pascal looks set to be announced

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:37 am

At last!

Anyone see Pascal's last fight?

Boxed the last eight rounds with only one arm. Just hope his shoulder is fully healed and we don't see a repeat.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Bute vs Pascal looks set to be announced  Empty Re: Bute vs Pascal looks set to be announced

Post by All Time Great Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 am

Both have somehow featured in the 606v2 P4P list, but in all honesty these two are B-level fighters. Pascal had the fight of his life to beat Dawson (in front of a home crowd).

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:43 am

As long as both fighters are the same level then levels mean nothing. This is a great fight.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:46 am

Great matchup. Not very convinced with Pascal. I think Bute is a better fighter than the one Carl took apart. Credit has to go to Carl for that. Unless Bute has lost his bottle, I see him beating Pascal by a wide UD. Pascal's saving grace is that he can take a fair whack.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:47 am

....neither are B-level fighter by the way
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:52 am

All Time Great wrote:Both have somehow featured in the 606v2 P4P list, but in all honesty these two are B-level fighters. Pascal had the fight of his life to beat Dawson (in front of a home crowd).

Dawson's a pretty good fighter.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 am

Said it before, but my take on this is that if the fight goes past four or five rounds, Bute will be in command and win a decision. Pascal's a good early rounds fighter but has been running on empty by the championship rounds just about every time I've seen him. Bute tired himself out against Andrade first time round, but seemed to learn from that and put together some good, disciplined and well-paced performances afterwards. Pascal just seems to fight the same way every time.

Whether or not Bute can survive until that stage is the big thing, and if the tanning that Froch gave him has made him timid and overly negative then he's bang in trouble here. He's copped a lot of stick on here, has Bute, but there are actually parts of his arsenal which still command respect, particularly his speed and movement. But I was alarmed at how few survival instincts he had once Froch had him hurt, and if Pascal gets to him early I'd fear for a repeat performance.

Really can't make up my mind on this one yet, but I'm positive it'll either be Pascal by stoppage inside the first few rounds or Bute by decision over twelve. Gun to my head, I'll say that Pascal gets him out of there but ask me again tomorrow and I may give a different answer.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:51 am

Really good intriguing fight, who cares what it represents, both are very high level boxers with attractive styles.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:58 pm

All Time Great wrote:Both have somehow featured in the 606v2 P4P list, but in all honesty these two are B-level fighters. Pascal had the fight of his life to beat Dawson (in front of a home crowd).

This is a silly judgement. Dawson is the man at light heavyweight and he beat him. Bute has lost one fight.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:42 pm

Bute looked very poor against Grachev last time out so I think the Froch loss has taken a lot out of him. The weight might make him a little more resistant to punches but at that weight a couple pounds won't make a huge amount of difference. Pascal is limited and fights in burst which would suit Bute who can't handle pressure for every minute of the round, but he has the experience to land cleanly and has the power to trouble Bute. If Bute starts rocking then he could fall apart due to his confidence being so low and Pascal could get the stoppage

Good fight, both fighters need a good win and should be a huge fight for Canadians

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:14 am

I always thought Pascal was too big for Super Middle. Even in the Froch fight, his frame didn't look as though it fitted the weight.

Pascal can turn up the heat for 4 rounds which could be a nightmare for Bute if he fancies a slow start. Both can fade late on too (Pascal is terrible for it).

At this stage off the top of my head I'd give this fight to Pascal, I'm edging towards a stoppage too. Will look forward to the fight though!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:16 am

Anybody remember Slobodan Kacar???? He was a standup fighter that lucked his way to an IBF title....was completely useless and got battered off the ordinary Czyz??

Does he remind you of anybody...............???

Pascal please get rid of this useless tool once and for all.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:23 am

Don't be so harsh Truss!

The guy has wins over the man who dethroned P4P King Roy Jones Jnr and the Irish legend and former WBA Interim World Title holder Brian Magee.

He will go down in Romani-Canadian boxing books for years to come.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:26 am

I take it all back.... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:39 am

Haha,

In all fairness, unless Bute has harnessed the dark powers of Cthitulu and gained an unlimited amount of confidence from his last win, I can see Pascal rolling this one.

Pascal hasn't got one-punch knock out power, but Bute didn't like being hit by Froch one bit. Pascal probably has the power to end this in the same round.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:26 am

Pascal early doors for this one. Bute was all hype. Pascal will follow the Froch blueprint and jump on him early as he's good enough to do it. Grachev wasn't.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:48 am

I think Pascal will KO him in all honesty, Bute looked awful in the fight after Froch.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:19 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:

This is a silly judgement. Dawson is the man at light heavyweight and he beat him. Bute has lost one fight.

Chavez has only lost one fight, as have many other overrated fighters.

Not saying this isn't a watchable fight, I'm trying to note these two are grossly overrated in terms of raw talent. Groves and Degale are probably above both of these guys in terms of ability.

Good fight, yes, but certainly shouldn't be considered as a fight between the top 2 168/175lbers. They don't make the top 10 in my list,

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:30 am

They are both clearly top ten, Pascal was at one point number one at 175lbs, incredibly poor rating of the pair.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:57 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:They are both clearly top ten, Pascal was at one point number one at 175lbs, incredibly poor rating of the pair.

If you don't mind, I'm trying to include 168/175 as a hybrid weight as I believe many fighters (other than the small SMWs such as Abraham) could comfortably move between the two.

10 fighters in this weight class better than both (not in any particular order):

Ward
Froch
Kessler
Dawson
Hopkins
Dirrell
Cleverly
Degale
Groves
Shumenov

I'd probably rank them alongside (possibly a bit below) the likes of Cloud, Bellew and Brahmer.

Bute's best victory is probably against Glenn Johnson... That's how poor his CV is.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:33 pm

All Time Great wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:They are both clearly top ten, Pascal was at one point number one at 175lbs, incredibly poor rating of the pair.

If you don't mind, I'm trying to include 168/175 as a hybrid weight as I believe many fighters (other than the small SMWs such as Abraham) could comfortably move between the two.

10 fighters in this weight class better than both (not in any particular order):

Ward
Froch
Kessler
Dawson
Hopkins
Dirrell
Cleverly
Degale
Groves
Shumenov

I'd probably rank them alongside (possibly a bit below) the likes of Cloud, Bellew and Brahmer.

Bute's best victory is probably against Glenn Johnson... That's how poor his CV is.

How can you NOT rank Pascal in your Top 10 168/175lbs when he beat Dawson... yet you rank Dawson??

I also note you rank Dirrell in there when neither Dirrell brother (and I'm assuming you mean Andre) haven't been anywhere near a ring in the last 12 months.

Degale higher than Pascal/Bute?

And without looking at BoxRec... tell me who Shumenov has fought last and when his last fight actually was?? You must have been scraping the barrell looking for a LHW to stick on the list there!

Sorry to tear your list apart, but what you said doesn't make sense.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:33 pm

You must be joking having Cleverly, Degale, Groves, Shumenov and Dirrell above the pair, seems you've made a statement and put the first ten names that popped into your head.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down