The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pascal v Bute

+10
Lance
BoxingFan88
OasisBFC
paperbag_puncher
sittingringside
John Bloody Wayne
bhb001
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
88Chris05
Seanusarrilius
14 posters

Go down

Pascal v Bute Empty Pascal v Bute

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 21 Mar 2013, 3:16 pm

Very good fight this, and one I might actually get to see live.

How do you guys see this one going?

I believe it is going to take place at 175, a weight that will suit Pascal. Bute is the better boxer and if he can stay away from Pascal's power punches he has a chance to outbox him to a points victory. Also, Pascal has had injury problems, and who knows what damage this wear and tear has done for him? That said, Froch might have ruined Bute and at 175 he is goin to be eating punches from a heavy handed fighter. If Bute takes Pascal past 6 rounds it will be interesting to see what happens as Pascal's stamina fades, but personally I see a Pascal KO in this one.

What about you fellas?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Pascal v Bute Empty Re: Pascal v Bute

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 21 Mar 2013, 3:51 pm

Said it before, so will keep my thoughts on this one brief - I actually think it has the potential to be a very good fight.

If the fight goes past five rounds or so I think Bute will be in control of the action. Pascal doesn't have the best tank and Bute, while his chin and survival instincts look a little shaky, does have the speed and class in this one.

However, Pascal is very dangerous in the early goings and, judging by Bute's last outing, his confidence may well have taken a serious dip after the chasing he got off Froch. It's either Pascal by stoppage pretty early or Bute on points for me, but my suspicion is that Pascal will get to him early and Bute's world will come crashing down again, as it did against Carl.

Pascal by stoppage inside five.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 21 Mar 2013, 4:01 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Said it before, so will keep my thoughts on this one brief - I actually think it has the potential to be a very good fight.

If the fight goes past five rounds or so I think Bute will be in control of the action. Pascal doesn't have the best tank and Bute, while his chin and survival instincts look a little shaky, does have the speed and class in this one.

However, Pascal is very dangerous in the early goings and, judging by Bute's last outing, his confidence may well have taken a serious dip after the chasing he got off Froch. It's either Pascal by stoppage pretty early or Bute on points for me, but my suspicion is that Pascal will get to him early and Bute's world will come crashing down again, as it did against Carl.

Pascal by stoppage inside five.

I think this is an excellent fight, too. Both clean fighters and nice contrast of styles. The Bell Centre will be buzzing for this one. I think I will go

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 21 Mar 2013, 4:34 pm

If the fight goes beyond 6 rounds, Pascal tires and Bute will win on points after winning 2 or 3 close rounds at the start.

If the fight is close, Bute will get the nod. He is the ££££ man of the two
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 21 Mar 2013, 4:59 pm

This thread has been done before, but agree that it is a well matched and intriguing bout. Definitely looking forward to it.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Mar 2013, 7:41 pm

Whilst it's a good fight on paper, where does the winner go? Pasal has already been taken to school by Hopkins and I doubt Bute will want anything to do with B-Hop. Bute's unlikely to come to Wales to face Cleverley after his last trip to Britain and I doubt they'd fancy Cleverley v Pascal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 21 Mar 2013, 8:20 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Whilst it's a good fight on paper, where does the winner go? Pasal has already been taken to school by Hopkins and I doubt Bute will want anything to do with B-Hop. Bute's unlikely to come to Wales to face Cleverley after his last trip to Britain and I doubt they'd fancy Cleverley v Pascal.

Pascal rematches Dawson. that's the fight he should take.

Bute would remain at LH and look to make himself the man there. To do that he would need to beat Dawson, Cloud and yes, maybe even the old man

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 21 Mar 2013, 8:23 pm

Either of them vs Dawson would make sense.

Infact Bute v Dawson has me thinking. Lucien clearly prefers a stand off boxing match and Bad Chad's hardly the sort heavy handedly hustle his foe.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 22 Mar 2013, 12:20 pm

Pascal vs Cleverly would be a very entertaining fight I think, and a winnable one for Cleverly with his good engine.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 22 Mar 2013, 1:33 pm

I think Bute's bubble has been well and truly burst. In a way hes not too dissimilar to Khan. Pretty skilled fighter but with that one glaring weakness. Everyone knows he's there to be taken out. Froch isn't a concussive puncher at elite level (hadn't KO'd anyone since Taylor I think) and he knocked Bute all over the place.

In saying that Pascals not exactly a huge puncher either. I fancy Pascal on points in a good close fight.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 22 Mar 2013, 1:40 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:I think Bute's bubble has been well and truly burst. In a way hes not too dissimilar to Khan. Pretty skilled fighter but with that one glaring weakness. Everyone knows he's there to be taken out. Froch isn't a concussive puncher at elite level (hadn't KO'd anyone since Taylor I think) and he knocked Bute all over the place.

In saying that Pascals not exactly a huge puncher either. I fancy Pascal on points in a good close fight.

I'd say Froch is the biggest puncher in the division. He simply has heavy hands in my opinion - those punches add up - but not necessarily one punch KO power which is rare in that division.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 22 Mar 2013, 2:12 pm

Froch does have very heavy hands, he fought:
1. Pascal (Who has never been down)
2. Dirrell (Who ran away)
3. Abraham (who had never been down)
4. Kessler (who has never been down)
5. Johnson (Who has never been down)
6. Ward (Who was too slick)

Hardly a fair comparison to decide if Froch is indeed a puncher.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 22 Mar 2013, 2:29 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Froch does have very heavy hands, he fought:

That just proves what I said. He's not a big puncher at elite level.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 22 Mar 2013, 3:00 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:

johnson, kessler, pascal and ward have all been down before....

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 22 Mar 2013, 3:45 pm

Jean Pascal has never been put down.

If you're referring to the Hopkins fight, that was a trip.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 22 Mar 2013, 3:59 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:I think Bute's bubble has been well and truly burst. In a way hes not too dissimilar to Khan. Pretty skilled fighter but with that one glaring weakness. Everyone knows he's there to be taken out. Froch isn't a concussive puncher at elite level (hadn't KO'd anyone since Taylor I think) and he knocked Bute all over the place.

Oh come on. He hit Bute with some very good shots and most who took those punches would have suffered the same fate. Its not like a Price type chin we're talking about where a mild gust toppled him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 22 Mar 2013, 4:02 pm

i expect pascal to win a clear UD. pascal is very strong, and i would expect him to bully bute. even if he cant finish him with an excellent selection of punches like froch did. pascal will probably tire towards the end, but i expect he will have dominated enough of the early fight for a comfortable victory

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Fri 22 Mar 2013, 4:28 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:

paperbag. The point is mate, if you've got time to be posting about this then you've got time to get some rounds of sheep going. OK
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 22 Mar 2013, 4:47 pm

Sorry Il G but Paperbags been banned from doing lest steffan visit us too often

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 22 Mar 2013, 5:49 pm

azania wrote:

Oh come on. He hit Bute with some very good shots and most who took those punches would have suffered the same fate. Its not like a Price type chin we're talking about where a mild gust toppled him.

He may have took some good shots but point is he was on queer street from the first time he took one. While he may not have went down he didn't particularly absorb them well or ever recover. If he had there is no way someone like Froch would have been able to rain combos down on him picking his shots at will. He made Froch look like SRL or something.. Anyway my main point all along was Froch is not a concussive puncher at elite level..

No idea how you managed to bring Price into this Whistle

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 22 Mar 2013, 5:52 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:
paperbag_puncher wrote:

paperbag. The point is mate, if you've got time to be posting about this then you've got time to get some rounds of sheep going. OK

I was wondering how long it would take for the 'S' word to come up... I've been permanently type cast as some kind of sheep Les Dennis and its all my own fault...

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down