The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excuses to go to a match

5 posters

Go down

Excuses to go to a match Empty Excuses to go to a match

Post by Tom-Dick-Harry Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:16 am

I am going for the first time in many years miss the London double header due to a family engagement I am now wondering what is the best/worst excuse anyone has used in order to miss something to go to a match?

Tom-Dick-Harry

Back to top Go down

Excuses to go to a match Empty Re: Excuses to go to a match

Post by Biltong Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:28 am

JUst be honest, excuses aren't necessary.

" No honey, I am not going to be at our 25th wedding anniversary, because I'll be at the game."

If she suggests to you that you must choose between her and the sport you love.

You simply reply whilst walking away

"I'll miss you"
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:27 pm

my Auld fella hasn't missed watching on tv a ROI game since before the Jack Charlton era, when the old doll said to him on their 40th aniversary, lets go to Donegal for the weekend, he said "no way, the games on tonight".

Afterwards though he relented, and apolgised and said "Sorry, lets go, I'm sure we can watch it in a pub there as well".

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:29 pm

When me and the misses tied the knot I planned hte date so it didn't clash with any Scarlets fixtures, sadly it did clash with Wales V SA, however i was allowed to sneak back to the hotel with my best man to watch it on the tele.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Funnily enough I invited both my brother in laws who are fellow Ospreys season ticket holders to the Saracens game ta Wembley in December the 10th. He happily agreed. Then my Mum went and pointed out he's marrying my sister the same day and I can't go either as I'm an usher. Cry
Though I did get a laugh when I found out my sister booked a trip with her friend on the same day, and my mum arranged a shopping trip. So I guess only distant family were going to the wedding, the groom is going to the Rugby and the bride is going shopping laughing
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down