The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Morrison Thread.

+8
DemonicTruthSpeaker
Crimey
crippledtart
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
MidnightToker
Jammy31
Kay Fabe
HitmanOwl
12 posters

Go down

John Morrison Thread. Empty John Morrison Thread.

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 09 Aug 2011, 4:45 pm

You all know I don't believe john Morrison isnt good enough as it stands. To back up my claim since his return he has been beaten on 4 separate occasions. Surely this isn't down to ring rust? (leak)

So what's happening with him? R-truth has just beaten him clean,so wheres he go from here?

Last edited by HitmanOwl on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

John Morrison Thread. Empty Re: John Morrison Thread.

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 09 Aug 2011, 6:08 pm

To be honest although I don't rate him highly I'm surprised that hes jobbed so much so soon, he and Truth could have had a hot angle going into SummerSlam, I feel thats ruined now, I get the feeling Morrison is on the end of a 'put in his place' stratagy, with his mrs being axed and him being used to put people over, I don't buy the ring rust excuse the WWE have high lighted, it never seems to effect Taker

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:10 pm

Well, it seems like Morrison came back, and is still having trouble with his neck (if it was a real injury in the first place). I think this just leaves him "vunerable" in all his matches, and that he's probably gonna keep losing.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightToker Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:46 pm

I can't stand the guy, to use a JR quote, "all sizzle and no steak", plus he looks like he likes it in the pootube

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 12:16 am

My wish may come true and they will release him.

He's getting heat about the melina situation and his contract is up soon.

Fingers crossed Haha.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:25 am

Seriously, why so much hate for Morrison on this board? He's pretty good in the ring, although he his admittedly awful on the mic. But so is Jack Swagger, but he doesn't get this kind of heat! People get far too concerned with what goes on in wrestlers' personal lives.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:32 am

He seems to be getting punished for Melina's attitude. It makes no sense to bring someone back only to job them out. It's bad for business and just seems petty.

He gets a lot of criticism on the board. I don't particularly consider him a great wrestler but I think the personal stuff is completely unnecessary.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 10 Aug 2011, 2:09 pm

He brought it on himself with his unprofessional behaviour at WrestleMania with Trish Stratus

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightToker Wed 10 Aug 2011, 3:45 pm

Glorified gymnast, maybe his parents treat him like a romanian gymnast when he was younger which would explain how he grew up to be the kind of idiot who stands back and does nothing while bigger boys form a queue to bang his bird lol

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 10 Aug 2011, 5:16 pm

I've never understood anyone who says he is brilliant in the ring, he has amazing athleticism and unbelievable agility but he has zero ring psychology and nothing he does in the ring looks like it hurts

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightToker Wed 10 Aug 2011, 5:36 pm

Agree with that Gaffer, does some pretty cool tricks but you can't take him seriously as someone who can beat anyone in a fight, or any physical contest except maybe ballet

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:07 pm

He isnt believable in the slightest.

How can you when he's nicked his gimmick from a rock star and tbh it comes off very lame. Jomo has been stale for ages,he surely could look to improve himself and tweek his gimmick.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:31 pm

I think they did try and tweak it with having him grow a beard and had him coming across more aggresive, the basic problems where still easy to see tho

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:35 pm

I'd change his attire,his entrance,cut his hair. Have be a arrogant cocky heel. I just don't buy into him at the moment.

Even put a lady with him or a mouthpiece.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:42 pm

I wouldn't cut his hair, far to many have that generic FCW hair-cut, plus he has bigger ears than the European Cup and the reason he was advised by Michael Hayes to grow it in the first place, what would you change his attire to?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 7:22 pm

Yeah I suppose there is to many generic looking wrestlers. I'd cut it similar to sting, Jeff hardy.

His attire to not jeans or trousers,something similar to michaels. I just keep thinking michaels with sherri Haha.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightToker Wed 10 Aug 2011, 7:27 pm

I'd give him a perm and glasses and repackage him a Jomo Barlow, then I'd give him a Morrocon tag team partner who would tragically die and maybe have him wrongly sent to jail after being framed for fraud or something

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 10 Aug 2011, 7:38 pm

I would do all I could to avoid going down the Shawn Michaels rout with Morrison, for me that in your face comparison would do him more harm than good

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:03 pm

He's getting compared to him now. What would you like to see?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:11 pm

I know he gets compared to him now, God knows why but I know he does and I think thats a major reason why people don't rate him, because he simply isn't near that level, going the full hog would just kill him completely, I'd definitely give him a new finisher, a submission finisher would give him more credit, I'd get rid of the fur coat in favour of an AJ Styles type of hoody and I'd lose the furry boots in favour normal boots and I'd definitely lose the slow motion enterance, I'd make sure that any non wrestling segment he'd appear in cool and fashionable street clothes

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:15 pm

I did think they were selling as ring rust at first because he came back from injury before he finally recovers and manages to overcome his foe in R-Truth to beat him, but it does seem they are just jobbing him out now but it might still have a good conclusion for JoMo.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 11 Aug 2011, 2:47 am

@leak

I told you so! Lol.

U think he's alright..I don't.

He does need a lot of change all round. I think heath slater has more potential!

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:24 am

I can't stand Slater, he just looks like a complete goof and someone with a mans voice trapped in a childs body

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 11 Aug 2011, 12:33 pm

John Morrison clearly isn't as bad as Heath Slater, Morrison isn't ever going to be the best or anything like that, but I think his athleticism on its own mean his matches will always be entertaining enough for a him to be decent upper mid-carder, not everybody has to become a main eventer Owl.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 11 Aug 2011, 12:58 pm

I've said he ain't good enough to be a main eventer,u argued that point. Now your saying not everybody is main event.

So im right!

Make your mind up.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:09 pm

I have said for a long time that his biggest flaw is he doesn't look like a fighter. He's got lovely hair and nice abs and a fancy outfit and he can do all that parkour stuff, but he doesn't look hard.

Also, I think he's badly lacking charisma. It's hilarious that when Melina was released he talked about her great facial expressions; maybe he should have asked her for some tips!

I don't like parkour as part of someone's gimmick. Whenever I see someone doing parkour I think "what a poncey middle class cLInt". Or is it just me that thinks that?

He's thoroughly entertaining as a high-flying act and he looks like a star from a distance. But he's got no charisma, no facial expressions, and he is truly awful on the mic. I think he needs some serious guidance but I think there is still a little bit of hope for him.

1) Give him a manager who can talk for him
2) Turn him heel
3) Utilise more moves that look painful, rather than just great athleticism
4) Try to act as arrogant as possible at all times
5) Drop the parkour gimmick
and there might be hope yet.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:11 pm

I said not everybody has to end up as a main eventer which is a completley valid point.

I think that just below the main event is the perfect position for Morrison on the roster. Can you please tell me where I exactly said Morrison could be a main eventer, I just had a quick look through the threads were Morrison has been discussed and I don't think I have said he is main event material.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonicTruthSpeaker Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:26 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:I have said for a long time that his biggest flaw is he doesn't look like a fighter. He's got lovely hair and nice abs and a fancy outfit and he can do all that parkour stuff, but he doesn't look hard.

Also, I think he's badly lacking charisma. It's hilarious that when Melina was released he talked about her great facial expressions; maybe he should have asked her for some tips!

I don't like parkour as part of someone's gimmick. Whenever I see someone doing parkour I think "what a poncey middle class cLInt". Or is it just me that thinks that?

He's thoroughly entertaining as a high-flying act and he looks like a star from a distance. But he's got no charisma, no facial expressions, and he is truly awful on the mic. I think he needs some serious guidance but I think there is still a little bit of hope for him.

1) Give him a manager who can talk for him
2) Turn him heel
3) Utilise more moves that look painful, rather than just great athleticism
4) Try to act as arrogant as possible at all times
5) Drop the parkour gimmick
and there might be hope yet.

I kind of agree and kind of don't.

He desperately needs a new finisher, the Starship Pain (besides from being the worst name for a wrestling move ever) looks like it causes him more pain than the opponent, and 95% of the time he barely connects with it; it's just not a believable finisher. I'd rather he went with a standard moonsault or something along those lines.

'Give him a manager!' seems to be a standard shout for a lot of guys these days; Melina in that role would have been perfect. Going back to the old MNM days, that kind of gimmick would be perfect for him.

However (and this is the controversial bit) at least the parkour bit makes him stand out. When I think of parkour, I don't think 'What a middle class lady's tunnel of love', I think that what they do is really impressive. His look just doesn't fit with that - parkour is urban, it's dirty, it's from the streets - it's certainly not fur-lined coats, a slow-mo entrance and a perfect smile. He needs to embrace the culture of it, dress accordingly, and then who knows? maybe he'll stop looking like such a Winkle and actually be someone people will care about.

DemonicTruthSpeaker

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:33 pm

@leak

I said he will never be wwe champion,you argued that point.

Or am I dreaming that up?

Can't agree on anything. Some people aren't good enough,he is one if them at this present moment in time.

Last edited by HitmanOwl on Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:36 pm

Great point Demon - his rock star demeanour and fur coat doesn't match the roots of parkour at all.

In fact, fur coats don't really make me think of rock stars - I would associate them more with rappers.

It's a messed up gimmick!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:40 pm

I'm not really sure I know what his gimmick is these days...

When he was ECW champ, he was heel, arrogant and spoke with poncey phrases that perfectly suited his look. I'm not sure he is a viable face, and as far as I can remember, the highlight of this face run is him getting battered by R-Truth (after a truely awful opening segment where they cut awkward promo's).

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 11 Aug 2011, 2:43 pm

sodhat wrote:I'm not really sure I know what his gimmick is these days...

When he was ECW champ, he was heel, arrogant and spoke with poncey phrases that perfectly suited his look. I'm not sure he is a viable face, and as far as I can remember, the highlight of this face run is him getting battered by R-Truth (after a truely awful opening segment where they cut awkward promo's).

Isn't it supposed to be "This guy looks a bit like Jim Morrison"... hardly the best!

I would say that if he went for a street image or even some kind of gimmick like the old Hardcore title 24/7 rule. Something so that he could utilise his skills around arenas in some backstage skits too.

Either that or turn him heel - as in the park our stuff makes him better than the other guys in the locker room, make it a cheap source of heat or something to mock an opponent with.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 11 Aug 2011, 4:57 pm

Yes! That's the one, he looks like Jim Morrison and has a slow mo entrance...

An arrogant heel seems to be his most natural fit, in my opinion. As mentioned up there ^^, he comes off as effeminate, and thus unable to carry the title as who believes he would actually take Cena or others out?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 11 Aug 2011, 5:05 pm

You dont have to be a main eventer to win the WWE champion.
Wouldnt consider the likes of Swagger, Miz and even Sheamus as main eventers yet but all have held the title...

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 11 Aug 2011, 6:28 pm

I think Miz could justifiably step in to the ring in a main event on any PPV now, having been to WM as champion, and generally improving beyond many peoples wildest dreams.

Sheamus is not too far off for me, but Swagger has a long way to go to ever get back to the WHC/WWE belts.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:18 pm

I think with The Miz getting to the final of that tournement with all (i think) clean victories and a busted leg, shows that he's considered main event level

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:00 pm

Miz is without doubt a 100% legit main-eventer, and has been there for a while IMO. As said above, Sheamus is very close to main event level, and is quite possibly there already. As for Swagger- well, sadly, he's become a bit of a joke hasn't he? It's a shame because the guy certainly knows his way around the ring, but, wrong as it may seem, I feel that his very striking lisp and general lack of engaging mic skills really hold him back, all his promos seem to be really long and boring. With such drawbacks, it would be hard for anyone to take him seriously as a main-eventer, especially as a heel.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:12 pm

I must be the only person in the world who actually likes Swagger on the mic. Cody Rhodes has a lisp and it doesn't hold him back, and I don't think it does with Swagger. He has just been booked horrifically.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 12 Aug 2011, 10:42 am

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I must be the only person in the world who actually likes Swagger on the mic. Cody Rhodes has a lisp and it doesn't hold him back, and I don't think it does with Swagger. He has just been booked horrifically.

I like him on the mic too. I thought his promos as champion were great. I see him as someone who could have been a huge, major star.

I can think of at least two wrestlers who had lisps and were among the greatest talkers of all time!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 12 Aug 2011, 10:45 am

I'm a big fan of Swagger, I think he's got a good look, is good on the mic, good in the ring. There really shouldn't be anything to stop him being a regular main eventer, obviously there is still time but I would be dissapointed if WWE missed the ball with him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 12 Aug 2011, 10:53 am

I heard a story that one of the main reasons they scaled back his push is that once he had a nap backstage before Raw.

His entire career was derailed because he had a nap.

Apparently it showed he wasn't dedicated enough.

It seems to me that WWE often just wants any excuse to not push a wrestler.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 12 Aug 2011, 11:02 am

I always thought they were doing that thing WWE feels it has to do these days by testing his loyalty by burying him for a few months after a main event run, although WWE seem to be oblivious to the fact that in those months of testing the guy's loyalty they usually end up ruining all their credibility.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:06 pm

Invincible, are you really only 17?

Your writing style is very intelligent and mature.

I promise I'm not trying to groom you (gaffer already shotgunned you).

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:36 pm

Yes I am indeed only 17. Thanks for the compliment though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down