The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resurrecting John Morrison

+6
Holymiky
Brady12
AberdeenSteve
Stonee21
bretmeharty
Kay Fabe
10 posters

Go down

Resurrecting John Morrison Empty Resurrecting John Morrison

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:41 pm

This guys got more heat than Mars, Wrestling Internet Forum fans in the majority seem to be down on him but live event fans seem to be high on him, that might be his saving grace, so if the WWE are going to keep him how do you see it happening, I've got a couple of idea's.

I'd use a losing streak, not an in your face one at first but become noticable, have him appear unmotivated and disinterested with RAW, I'd have him show no heart or passion, then after a quick loss around early November time as he's walking back to the curtain Triple H walks out, HHH tells him he hired him because he kept being told he was the next Shawn Michaels, all HHH sees is a cheap joke who insults every guy who ever stepped into the ring with his lack of passion, he tells JoMo he isn't Vince, he won't fire him, but God he better get his ass out of here until he can prove he wants it again, with that Morrison is off TV.

(He needs to be off TV anyway, he needs a break from that character and the fans need a break from him)

I'd have him return at The Royal Rumble at #20 with an update look, new tights, boots over tights, definitely no fur or slow motion enterences, I'd have him become a more darker character, I'd even let him use face paint dependent on his mood (ala Jeff Hardy in 09) I'd also allow him to use the SuperKick which would be referenced back to HHH's reason's for signing him. At The Rumble I'd make him one of the stars of thee show, he'd evade elimination countless times as well as tossing a couple of guys out and make the final four with Punk, HHH and Miz, eventual winner Miz would be the one who eliminates Morrison 3rd last, Morrisons anger, frustration and emotion on his elimination is enough for the announcers to put him over.

On RAW JoMo interrupts Miz' Rumble celebrations, Miz tells him that he was most successful when he was with Miz, so why doesn't he get his back and be in his corner for his World Title Match at WrestleMania, Morrison tells him if he beats him at Elimination Chamber he'll go in his corner but if JoMo wins then he gets a crack at Miz anytime he wants if he wins the World Title at WrestleMania, Miz accepts.

Miz pins Morrison at Elimination Chamber but on replay the ref sees he used the ropes for leverage, he tells Miz the match must go on, furious Miz complains to the ref but turns around into a SuperKick and Morrison gets the win, at WrestleMania R-Truth tries and fails to get revenge on Morrison for his buddy The Miz, JoMo is on a major role.

The PPV after WM28 Morrison would get into a feud with Del Rio, ADR would be highlighted as the cause of JoMo's change due to the easy wins he got against JoMo, Morrison gets a big win over Del Rio. The next night on RAW Morrison is drafted to SmackDown where he could be the #2 babyface. On SmackDown I'd turn him into the nearly man (again like Jeff Hardy) The Miz who'd retain the WHC with outside help twice would defend it a 3rd time against Morrison inside a steel cage, I'd have Morrison onhis back set up for a catapault into the cage but in mid air Morrison would use his parkour style to land on the cage and get over the top of it, Morrison would be on the outside of the cage as Miz looks on in horror, JoMo wins the WHC, a battered and bruised Morrison is on his knees clutching the belt when from out of nowhere D-Bryan would appear and smash Morrison over the head with the case, he tells the ref he's cashing in and locks in AL, after a long 30 seconds Morrison has to tap.

Just as Morrison thinks he broke the glass ceiling he's back down again, I feel this would definitely get the fans on his see and swapping Starship Pain for the SuperKick would help legitimise him.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Resurrecting John Morrison Empty Re: Resurrecting John Morrison

Post by bretmeharty Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:11 pm

Im liking the idea, I would have morrison come out the raw after survivor series and talk about feeling disrespected by HHH (the powers) and say he deserved to be in the big 5vs5 match last night, Ive busted my ass and got nothing and I would have him bring Miz into it and say that he's been handed all his glory on a plate.

Then have Miz come out and tell him not to be a little bitch and earn his spot like he did, then I would have them have a match at Royal Rumble (like you) in a whole new getup skinny jeans and sleeveless shirt, have Miz beat Morrison and go from there

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:26 pm

I must admit I like it Gaffer, they definitely have to do something with JoMo as a guy with his talent rotting in the mid card and jobbing to everyone is such a waste

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:39 pm

Great booking Gaff.

He certainly needs to change the look, gone very stale and there is nothing about it that seems to be a massive merchandise seller something you'd normally associate with a stale/over used gimmick.

His in ring ability is second to none but as we've seen so many times, that counts for nothing these days.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:52 pm

I was also toying with the idea of turning Morrison heel and forming an nWo-clique type stable with Miz, Truth and someone else, possibly Nash as the old head or if it's just a new faction completely then Alex Riley

All of the guys would have somekind of connection with one another

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:22 am

Nice idea I especially like the Triple H pep talk & the fact he'd lose the title straight after winning it. Definately indeer him more to the fans... An outfit & image can is long overdue

Not sure about giving him the Superkick though, star ship pain is a spectacular move (I know it's not everyones cup of tea) but it's his in ring versatility that gives him something different, don't take that away from him & make him a Shawn Michaels clone... I think it's like telling Gabriel he can no longer use the four fifty splash in essence your cutting the guys legs off

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:33 am

I would actually have him do both, slowly introduce the super kick by having him do it to lay them out and then starship pain and after a while have him be getting beaten down to out of nowhere hitting a superkick and getting the win.

It could easily be done just like how The Rock managed to have 2 finishers in the Rock bottom and peoples elbow

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:45 am

Stonee21 wrote:I would actually have him do both, slowly introduce the super kick by having him do it to lay them out and then starship pain and after a while have him be getting beaten down to out of nowhere hitting a superkick and getting the win.

It could easily be done just like how The Rock managed to have 2 finishers in the Rock bottom and peoples elbow

Ok I guess that would be ok if it was like a set up move... Please don't make him 'tune up the band' prior to delivering though that would be worse than a John Cena leg drop

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:17 am

This is a nice idea just I think they should keep him face because he is already pretty over and turnin him heel IMO could damage that.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:21 am

I love the superkick idea, JoMo needs an explosive finisher to help him get over and I have seen him use this move before to great effect. Most of the top stars of previous generations have always had top finishing moves that get the crowd excited eg the stunner, pedigree, sweet chin music, rock bottom etc

A total do over is needed from top to bottom with this guy, everything from look to persona to move set, if these changes are implemented he could achieve anything!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:29 am

I like the idea Gaffer and he definately needs a change. Im not sure about the Superkick either if im honest, i'd like to see him adopt the Perfectplex, i think it'd suit him down to the ground for the opponents he can use it on. Keep the Starship Pain for the bigger opponents.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:59 am

I don't like Starship Pain, never have and never will, I also can't see him keeping it long term either as it's bound to have an adverse effect on his hips, back in late 07 he was using the SuperKick and its the most natural he looked, I'd definitely not make him a clone of HBK but using that move in his own right wouldn't automatically do that IMO, I'd be more interested in basing his character similar to Jeff Hardy's around late 08 and 09

I'd keep Starship Pain as a special attraction move for big PPV's but not as his finisher, I'd also keep his Parkour stylebut refer to it as HIS unique style and drop the whole Parkour stigma

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 23 Sep 2011, 11:33 am

I think John needs a massive overhaul.

Drop the stupid surname and the whole 'Pop Star' gimmick. It is plain crap. I liked Johnny Nitro. He didn't need such a crap gimmick bestowed on him. A more impressive finisher is required. I think 'The Stroke' would be a suitable finisher. Quick and easy and effective. The variation of the move would suit too e.g could execute from the second turnbuckle or on a steel chair. I would like to see him as a heel. When he did the dirtsheet with Miz he was brilliant. Looked in the Edge mould.

His ringwork is good. I just think some tweeking with his finisher and 5 moves of doom could make him a bigger draw.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 23 Sep 2011, 3:45 pm

I've not got a problem with his name, I wouldn't have gave him it in the first place but after 4+ years with it I wouldn't see the logic in changing it now

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 23 Sep 2011, 6:18 pm

What is the logic in having a name like Morrison because you look like the guy? Can't remember Albert getting a decent push until he changed to A-Train. So there is logic behind the madness.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:29 pm

He is fully estsblished now, turning up with a different name in my opinion would do him no favours, I would drop any insane linkage to Jim Morrison but that doesn't mean I'd change his name, the only other logical name would be to revert back to Nitro which for me was always totally ridiculous and redundant from the off.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:52 pm

I actually thought Johnny Nitro was a good name. Morrison maybe established, but I think to get to the next level just needs some changes.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:59 pm

Regarding his look did anyone catch the exchange where someone asked Tyler Black if he felt he should change his look to not clash with Morrison. His reply was along the lines of he is nothing like JoMo and he could outwork him any day of the week. I'd like to see Seth Rollins go into a feud with him after he debuts, the matches would be great and they could play the rookie disrespecting the established talent angle

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:21 pm

I agree with Gaffer - When he was given the Morrison name change it was unneccesary but it makes no sense to change it again now...

Wasn't the Nitro name a dig at WCW?

Perfect-Plex hmm interesting Mr H, i'm amazed no one has used this move since Henning I loved it as a kid

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down