The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+32
KiaRose
Breadvan
Pal Joey
Rava
Ozzy3213
Biltong
irishlondon
PenfroPete
mickyt
Gibson
Portnoy
Mickado
greybeard
Cymroglan
TheGreyGhost
nottins
Glas a du
Mrs Penfro
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
prop_lyd
red_stag
Cari
The_Hound_of_Harrow
rodders
Adam D
Notch
Suspicious lurker
WillyGilly
MBTGOG
Luckless Pedestrian
Thomond
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
36 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 09 Aug 2011, 5:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale RedWine Bubbly cider guinness appletini mug coffee cuppa

Last Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t10923p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#353840

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by prop_lyd Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:25 pm

Dreamer: Dixie are awesome!! Seen them 3 times and they always stay behind for a drink and a chat after!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Mrs Penfro Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:26 pm

Glad you all enjoyed France and that the Floc flowed! I don't think we'll want to go next year though, we might not enjoy it Whistle

Mrs Penfro

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:26 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Evening all, just back from France - spent a boat load of time, with a host of lovely people, eating till I burst, drinking till my kidneys complained, and singing songs - thanks again, Chef Chef

Braveheart

Yeah just a shame you and your crap family were there and had to be put up with.

Braveheart
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:27 pm

Mrs Penfro wrote:Glad you all enjoyed France and that the Floc flowed! I don't think we'll want to go next year though, we might not enjoy it Whistle

Your dead right, if you missed out on this year no point in going next year
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:32 pm

Penfro, only got your number from Rav at the end of the weekend, so not guilty on the mystery call OK

Hughbert, unbelievably both kids were asking after you (and the others) this morning - quick ice-cream put paid to that kind of chat tho! Finn is still practising his "crush you like a worum" quote - v funny!

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:33 pm

WillyGilly wrote:Agreed Notch I said so earlier. Horrible to wish death on anyone but a country without a few of these mindless thugs can't be that bad.

You're aware that the incident that sparked the riots in Tottenham was that the Police gunned down a man in the street? I don't think more shootings are the answer. There is such a thing called escalation.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:38 pm

dreamer - I said before that I rate Stoddart. It's a cruel blow for him, but if Byrne can prove his fitness and half p is fit you still have a couple of decent full back options.

Having been turfed out of my usual after work pub in Stanmore, finding a decent drop on my doorstep (400m away) was a wee bonus. Off to bed now.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:43 pm

I didn't tell you did I? The champion pig at Gower was a Landrace cross Welsh porker, beating the first placed pedigree Welsh sow and gilt to the trophy.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:47 pm

That's good to know Glas Bubbly

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:49 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Penfro, only got your number from Rav at the end of the weekend, so not guilty on the mystery call OK

Hughbert, unbelievably both kids were asking after you (and the others) this morning - quick ice-cream put paid to that kind of chat tho! Finn is still practising his "crush you like a worum" quote - v funny!

Braveheart

Typical, shut them up with an ice cream, I won't be hidden away like that, ill never be forgotten Laugh
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:53 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:That's good to know Glas Bubbly

Yes, quite unusual.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:57 pm

Glas a du wrote:I didn't tell you did I? The champion pig at Gower was a Landrace cross Welsh porker, beating the first placed pedigree Welsh sow and gilt to the trophy.

Did it make good bacon ?

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:59 pm

Notch wrote:
WillyGilly wrote:Agreed Notch I said so earlier. Horrible to wish death on anyone but a country without a few of these mindless thugs can't be that bad.

You're aware that the incident that sparked the riots in Tottenham was that the Police gunned down a man in the street? I don't think more shootings are the answer. There is such a thing called escalation.

Yes I was refering to the type of shootings where people go down to defend their properties and homes in the face of the mob and get burnt for their trouble. This has now escalated to the extent where a man said he had borrowed his dad's hunting rifle and would be heading down to his green grocery store tonight to protect it with force. Who exactly is to blame when he shoots the first scumbag who throws a chair through his window?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:04 pm

Well, my sympathies would lie entirely with him but the actions of the police (the state) and the actions of individuals would be judged on entirely different criteria.

For anyone, anywhere, to lose their life is disproportionate no matter what they've done and hopefully it can be averted.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:04 pm

nottins wrote:
Glas a du wrote:I didn't tell you did I? The champion pig at Gower was a Landrace cross Welsh porker, beating the first placed pedigree Welsh sow and gilt to the trophy.

Did it make good bacon ?

"Porker", the clue is in the name.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:13 pm

Notch wrote:Well, my sympathies would lie entirely with him but the actions of the police (the state) and the actions of individuals would be judged on entirely different criteria.

For anyone, anywhere, to lose their life is disproportionate no matter what they've done and hopefully it can be averted.

Your first point I entirely agree with. The police are in a horrible catch 22 situation. They have to put up with an abnormal amount of crap anyway regardless of these riots and they do a top job. However the criticism of them has been ceaseless since this kicked off. They can't crack down hard because then there'll be complaints - people saying they were innocent bystanders etc IPCC get involved yada yada yada. So instead they do kettle-ing and containment and gather intel about the wrong doers from CCTV etc and then arrest and punish at a later date. This doesn't cut any ice though with people who's home and business's have been torched and looted.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:21 pm

WillyGilly wrote:
Your first point I entirely agree with. The police are in a horrible catch 22 situation. They have to put up with an abnormal amount of crap anyway regardless of these riots and they do a top job. However the criticism of them has been ceaseless since this kicked off. They can't crack down hard because then there'll be complaints - people saying they were innocent bystanders etc IPCC get involved yada yada yada. So instead they do kettle-ing and containment and gather intel about the wrong doers from CCTV etc and then arrest and punish at a later date. This doesn't cut any ice though with people who's home and business's have been torched and looted.

They wouldn't hesitate to step in if it was football fans. The sooner they take action the better.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:29 pm

Is it just me, or does anyone else want to watch what happens when a bunch of hoodies try it on with that bunch of spooky looking Sikh gentlemen in Southall?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:31 pm

I think I could hazard a guess as to who would come out on the winning side if that confrontation took place GG.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:44 pm

Rain tomorrow that should keep the idiots off the streets

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:47 pm

They'll steal umbrellas then.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:04 pm

That will keep them occupied trying to work out how to open the umbrella's.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:10 pm

Right hey regs and others I have no idea whether or not this will be worthwhile or not but here goes. Anyone play fantasy football on here?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Really simple and easy to play. Anyhow I've set up a 606v2 Pub league ala Sports Guru. Code below feel free to join.

1280463-305867

Oh and 606v2 have a wider forum based one as well which should be better promoted. Code below

39455-16151
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:12 pm

Willy,

From past experience, we should get more than a handful to play.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:13 pm

thumbsup
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:16 pm

I would be up for it, but don't know if I will get on the Internet properly. I never tire of whooping Munster and Stag's butts.

Munster, can you message me the details on FB please? Just as a reminder, unless you're too scared of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:20 pm

Will do.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:33 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Will do.

You're a good lad really. It seems only Stag is the bad apple amongst you Munster fans.

I'll try to get on a computer tomorrow Willy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 1:32 am

I've applied.

My team is called Dynamo Antistaginov and my kit is as Newport like as possible. That should send Stag's hatred through the roof Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 10 Aug 2011, 7:55 am

Bore da pawb / good morning all, Wednesday already!

I've played fantasy football the last few years and never done particularly well. Which league is everyone joining, the 606v2 one or the one Willy's set up?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:47 am

luckless,

Join both.

Anyone see about those three men who were run over last night in Birmingham? Supposedly they were trying to protect their community.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:48 am

Guys regarding rugby sports guru - we have all 4 prediction leagues happening this year (with prizes hopefully), so please hang fire on setting up your own ones.

Also, if you get a chance, please join the football one:

http://www.sportguru.co.uk/premierleague/pool.asp?p=10009409

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:00 am

Morning folks

For the first time in nearly a week, today papers

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/
http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/rugby/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport?mobile-redirect=false
http://sport.scotsman.com/rugby
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/rugby/
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/
http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/rugby

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/headlines.cfm?c_id=80
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union

Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:11 am

Oh thank whoever the "Shoot @ sight" thread is no longer global. I could help but keep checking it, it was like a scab I couldn't stop picking.

(And who says "shoot at sight" anyway?)

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:13 am

There were extreme views there alright, Greybeard. A few of us asked for the title to be changed to 'Shoot on Sight' but we didn't get anywhere.

Last edited by luckless_pedestrian on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:17 am

Morning all. I'm in such a splendid mood I could cheer for the Dragons Smile
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:19 am

Should have asked me - I would have done it. The guy is a class a plum whop posted it - his subsequent thread on suing the police is even worse!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:21 am

Ah yes, it's your last day isn't it, Stag? Are you starting your new job on Monday?

Last edited by luckless_pedestrian on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:21 am

Maybe the suggestion was to shoot the rioters in the eyes?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:22 am

Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:22 am

I found it particularly funny the way 'scum bags' was written '*cum bags'

As if that helped Headscratch

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:22 am

Mickado wrote:Maybe the suggestion was to shoot the rioters in the eyes?

And keep shooting until they beg you to stop!

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:23 am

Mickado wrote:Maybe the suggestion was to shoot the rioters in the eyes?

laughing Well there's no arguing with that, it's a perfectly acceptable response.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:23 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Ah yes, it's your last day isn't it, Stag? Are you starting your new job on Monday?

Yup starting on Monday morning. But thats still ages away. I feel as though a great burden is lifting from me. Smile
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:28 am

Morning all: see Gloucester got hit a bit last night. Think i'll have a dabble in the fantasy football shizzle...could someone p.m me the 606v2 link please? Ta!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:31 am

Good man, Stag.

I wouldn't mind having the 606v2 fantasy football link either.

This is quite cool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14465150

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:32 am

Nor would I. I have a fantasy team with some pals but I'd like a 606 one.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:36 am

Morning all.

I worked a little late last night, got off the tube out home to be greeted by the smell of burning tyres - the Westway shopping centre nearby (with a massive Sports Direct outlet store Whistle had been hit). The guy in the local minicab office drove me home as most of his drivers had clocked off to avoid trouble. This morning I passed a couple of cars with broken windows on my walk to the tube. Apparently the kids at Westway had diverted from Southall (my place is about halfway in between there and Southall) when they heard about the local Sikhs lining the streets waiting ...

My cabbie did comment that he understands some of the frustrated feelings among the looters - he's been helping his teenage nephews apply for jobs for months, and there really is nothing out there.

5 years today since I arrived in the UK, happy anniversary! cake

As, are you sure your kids weren't affected by passive smoke? Wink

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:40 am

Careful Kiwi, cannabis stays un the blood for yonks. Boy George got done for possession of a drug he'd taken abroad as it remained in his blood stream.

ghost

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:43 am

Kiwi, happy anniversary, bud. Hmmm, not sure the kids were as affected as Hughie by the coriander (and dill) mixture! Laugh

Carcassonne was amazing - well worth the extra day OK

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next