The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seymour signs Raiders deal

Go down

Seymour signs Raiders deal Empty Seymour signs Raiders deal

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb 2011, 9:45 am

The Oakland Raiders and defensive lineman Richard Seymour have agreed on a new two-year contract worth around $30 million.

Seymour played the franchise tag for $12.4 million and was due to collect $14.9 under the franchise tag in 2011, but the Raiders have now cleared their decks by tying him down to a new deal.

The 31-year-old made 48 tackles and 5.5 sacks in 123 games last season - his first since being brought in from the New England Patriots in exchange for a first-round draft pick.

Many eyebrows were raised by Oakland's deal with the Pats, but since they ended the season at 8-8 New England will now only get the 17th pick overall for releasing Seymour.

Seymour made the Pro Bowl for the sixth time after his displays last season, and he is a three-time Super Bowl champion from his time with New England.

More on the story at Sky Sports Click Here

Back to top Go down

Seymour signs Raiders deal Empty Re: Seymour signs Raiders deal

Post by Kermit Sun 20 Feb 2011, 3:38 pm

This is a good move by the Silver & Black. This past season in a way was successful however penalties were the killer as well as not being able to beat teams out of their own division.

Hard to believe that 8-8 could only get them third in their division while former division rivals the Seahawks had a worse record and made the play offs! Let's hope they can make it to the play offs next season & I hope to be watching every play once again.

Commitment to excellence!

Kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 4:21 pm

welcome to the board Kermit thumbsup
Great to see you here and im sure you will love the board.

Please feel free to invite your friends across. :friend:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Sun 20 Feb 2011, 4:31 pm

Thank you Y I, I will do my best to. Will it be ok to post links to games when the season starts up again? I already do this for athletics on the Athletics Weekly forum. It could bring more people to the boards.

Kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 4:42 pm

Yes thats fine Kermit, as long as the matches are not streamed on here and are on an external web-site.
:friend:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down