The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JBL signs WWE deal

+7
Price Check On Jackass
Bull
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Mr H
nasisillmatic
Mr Video Man
Fernando
11 posters

Go down

JBL signs WWE deal  Empty JBL signs WWE deal

Post by Fernando Thu 08 Nov 2012, 10:40 am

Former WWE Champion John Layfield just announced on his official Facebook page that he has signed a brand new full-time contract with the WWE.
"Very happy WWE and I have worked out a deal for me to return on a full time basis. There came a need when my friend Jerry Lawler had a heart attack and was not able to work, however, I realized how much I enjoyed being back and this was the basis for my decision to return."

According to JBL, he and Josh Matthews will make up the Smackdown announce booth on a weekly basis from this point forward. JBL will also join Michael Cole and Jerry "the King" Lawler on commentary for all pay-per-view events for the foreseeable future.

At this time, the weekly status of Hall of Famer Jim Ross is unknown.

Source . https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=302144039901797&id=194176253533

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

JBL signs WWE deal  Empty Re: JBL signs WWE deal

Post by Mr Video Man Thu 08 Nov 2012, 11:17 am

good to see he is returning to commentary full time get more funny moments out of him than any other commentator
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 08 Nov 2012, 11:18 am

Good news having JBL in the booth full time. I'm going to be gutted if JR is only on NXT again. These last few weeks have been great without Lawler (as bad as that sounds).

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 08 Nov 2012, 11:29 am

nasisillmatic wrote:Good news having JBL in the booth full time. I'm going to be gutted if JR is only on NXT again. These last few weeks have been great without Lawler (as bad as that sounds).

It doesnt sound bad. What happened to Lawler was obviously terrible but his commentary is woeful. Ryback has been lucky to have JR on commentary during his rise to prominence, JR has helped legitimise him.

Regarding JBL, great news, he's awesome on commentary. Loved his comment at Hell in Cell regarding Matt Striker interviewing someone backstage ''Matt Striker's question there was almost as bad as my commentary during that Divas match''. Genius.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 08 Nov 2012, 11:34 am

I don't get why people love JBL.

He is crap on commentary. He just shouts over people, and talks crap that seems to indicate a real lack of knowledge about the current crop of stars. He completely disregards kayfabe at times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 08 Nov 2012, 11:39 am

Electric Demon wrote:I don't get why people love JBL.

He is crap on commentary. He just shouts over people, and talks crap that seems to indicate a real lack of knowledge about the current crop of stars. He completely disregards kayfabe at times.

and i dont get why you like heath slater he is pure crap.

Whistle

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 08 Nov 2012, 11:52 am

What's this got to do with Heath Slater?

Whenever I make a comment anymore, the response always includes something about Heath Slater. It's so tiresome. Makes me not want to contribute anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:10 pm

Maybe you should delete your account?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:10 pm

Mr H wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:Good news having JBL in the booth full time. I'm going to be gutted if JR is only on NXT again. These last few weeks have been great without Lawler (as bad as that sounds).

It doesnt sound bad. What happened to Lawler was obviously terrible but his commentary is woeful. Ryback has been lucky to have JR on commentary during his rise to prominence, JR has helped legitimise him.

Regarding JBL, great news, he's awesome on commentary. Loved his comment at Hell in Cell regarding Matt Striker interviewing someone backstage ''Matt Striker's question there was almost as bad as my commentary during that Divas match''. Genius.

I 100% agree with the Ryback comment, JR has put him over 10 fold.
I remember when Triple H brought JR back last year, within 5 minutes he made Jack Swagger sound relevent. He just knows how to make the audience care about a match.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Price Check On Jackass Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:29 pm

Careful E.D, You're beginning to sound like him who shall not be named!

Price Check On Jackass

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 08 Nov 2012, 1:10 pm

I think it's great news that JBL has signed a full time contract. As a colour commentator he actually tries to get the participants over, something that is sorely lacking when Jerry Lawler is at the announce desk.

Price Check On Jackass wrote:Careful E.D, You're beginning to sound like him who shall not be named!

To be fair to E.D. he sounds nothing like Chris Benwah.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Price Check On Jackass Thu 08 Nov 2012, 2:57 pm

I was actually talking about Lord Voldemort!

On topic though, I think it's great news JBL has signed full-time. He and J.R should be the main announce team.

Price Check On Jackass

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 08 Nov 2012, 5:00 pm

I've really enjoyed JBL, I think hes made Michael Cole and Josh Matthews far better commentators because he can hype up a match and also do some of the heel hyperbole that brings a back n forth. Yet he isnt fully heel at all, and seems to react with genuine feeling to good spots, rather than that scripted feeling.

Agree on JR too, subtle things (or even the understanding of the use of silence) that have made things all the more important recently. I like King, but I dont like his work nowadays, and the commentary has been refreshing without him.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 08 Nov 2012, 5:12 pm

JBLs been a godsend recently. He really knows how to hype up a match, call a spot, get someone over, and genuinely seems passionate about it.

King and Cole always sounded so phoned in these days, Matthews doesnt have the experience the others have, Booker T was just plain terrible, and JR, as bad as this will sound, is a potential time bomb.

I agree with Chris, it was the injection needed to give Cole a boot up the erse and get himself up to par.

Great news.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 08 Nov 2012, 5:50 pm

It is fantastic news that JBL has signed a new deal. I agree with him on Smackdown with Josh and PPV's.

However i really hope JR stays on Raw. It is good news that King is returning (for obvious reasons) but JR has to stay. He makes boring matches good some how. I would be very disappointed if he drops back down to NXT.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down