The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tag Team Division to properly return?

4 posters

Go down

Tag Team Division to properly return? Empty Tag Team Division to properly return?

Post by ADMIN Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:21 pm

Hitmanowl briefly mentioned it on a thread about Beer Money but here’s an article from ewrestling:

Triple H is serious on introducing new talents through vignettes and promos. It’s also being said that Triple H is interested in reviving the WWE Tag Team division. Word is that they are really starting to recruit tag teams and see if some names are under contract to other promotions.

There has been talk internally about The Briscoe Brothers but they are signed to Ring of Honor. There has also been a lot of talk about TNA’s Beer Money and bringing them in once they are able to get away from TNA.

Regarding the Kings of Wrestling – Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli coming, the talk is that they will indeed be brought in together as a tag team and not singles wrestlers.

Now I also saw The Young Bucks mentioning WWE in a post TNA interview and Briscoes have had a tryout in the past couple of years. Could this be the return of the tag division to former glories?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Tag Team Division to properly return? Empty Re: Tag Team Division to properly return?

Post by Ché Guerrero Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:31 pm

If i were HHH i'd also have a look at the contracts of Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, would love to see the American Wolves in WWE.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Tag Team Division to properly return? Empty Re: Tag Team Division to properly return?

Post by Crimey Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:34 pm

Ché Guerrero wrote:If i were HHH i'd also have a look at the contracts of Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, would love to see the American Wolves in WWE.

I think I saw that Richards has just signed a new deal.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonicTruthSpeaker Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:46 pm

I'm not so sure. Every so often, WWE gets their paws on a genuine team, give them the belts and a feud with a couple of thrown-together teams... and then split the genuine team for no reason, they get a short feud with each other, before being demoted to Superstars and one gets released.

In all honesty, the WWE tag division has been dumped over for so long now, it's going to take an awful lot of rebuilding, and would need a minimum of 6 decent teams for it to be worthwhile. It's all very well signing guys like the Kings of Wrestling, but if they only have Gaffer & McGillicutty and the Uso's to work with, the division will get dull pretty quickly indeed.

DemonicTruthSpeaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down