The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basis for the WWE Tag Team Division

5 posters

Go down

Basis for the WWE Tag Team Division Empty Basis for the WWE Tag Team Division

Post by JoshSansom Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Hopefully the next few months are going to see a boom (no pun intended) in the WWE tag team division with the seemingly new found emphasis on this form of competition. I think it is a great way to introduce new talent without them being in the spotlight of singles competition and to give more guys a chance to shine.

As such, I think that a strong division as follows could be created:

Air Boom
Swagger & Ziggler
The Kings of Wrestling
The Rotunda Brothers
Richie Steamboat & Seth Rollins
The Usos
Big Show & Kane

This would give plenty of competition and the chance for some of the young guys from FCW to make the step up to full WWE television. If they did it at the moment it would enable them to have some strong matches on television before Christmas and then post WM to really set up the division to have strong tag matches on the PPV's with scramble matches, four corner matches, ladder matches etc all a possibility with a stronger division.

Thoughts? Do you guys see this as likely?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Basis for the WWE Tag Team Division Empty Re: Basis for the WWE Tag Team Division

Post by Crimey Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:08 pm

This is the same kind of thing we see every couple of months, WWE seem to be putting more emphasis on the tag division but they never pull the trigger on it. I just can't see them building it up, as they have shown in the last couple of years WWE just doesn't value it, despite it's clear advantages of building up to guys at once.

They end up splitting teams up too quickly and have to start rebuilding it again before they destroy it again.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Basis for the WWE Tag Team Division Empty Re: Basis for the WWE Tag Team Division

Post by JoshSansom Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Fair point Leak, though the signings of guys like Castagnoli would appear to signal that they are keen to have some kind of tag division in place. If they weren't then I can't imagine that they would have jumped ship to the WWE.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:16 pm

I dont think Big Show and Kane should remain a tag team. I dont know why but i loved the big shows return on smackdown.

Air boom
The Usos
Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger
Titus O Neal and Percy Watson
Darren Young and JTG
Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:30 pm

To get the fans back into tag team wrestling, they need a ladders match at TLC, it would get the excitement back.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:33 pm

How about tag teams with actual names and the same music? Only then will it interest me.

Stop throwing random guys together,simple as that.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 pm

TopoftheChops wrote:To get the fans back into tag team wrestling, they need a ladders match at TLC, it would get the excitement back.

I don't think its the fans that need to get back into tag team wrestling, it's the WWE.

I find it very strange how WWE values tag teams so little considering how many of their stars have made their names in tag teams; from Shawn Michaels to Edge it has a very good habit of making stars. Even if you look recently, The Miz was just the irritating, former reality TV star but his tag team days with John Morrison pushed him onto to bigger and better things, and without that tag team I just can't see him doing as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down