The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Improving The Tag Team Division should be the main priority for the E'

+3
bretmeharty
MIG
Liam
7 posters

Go down

'Improving The Tag Team Division should be the main priority for the E' Empty 'Improving The Tag Team Division should be the main priority for the E'

Post by Liam Sat May 05, 2012 2:49 am

In respect to the forum becoming slightly quiet recently, I will take inspiration from my RS A level studies and introduce seminar style topics, where we can make a statement and then debate our views on the statement.

The Tag Team division as we all know has been neglected in the recent years by creative and the 'E'. You only have to compare today's division with divisions of the past to see how the product has declined. Now of course, we are very unlikely to see teams of the calibre of E +C, Dudley's, Hardy's or NAO but there is no reason as to why the division should be as poor as it is today, merchandise and money making aside. I think of people E have missed a trick on such as Team Angle. I thought Haas and Benjamin were superb together due to their wrestling backrounds and athleticism. They were thrilling in the ring, and while they were both capable of moving on into the mid card singles division like Benjamin achieved, I always felt they were capable of ensuring a lasting legacy on the division. But it wasn't to be and the rest is history.

Funny enough I was read how Haas claims a big part of the problem was getting rid of Arn Anderson who was part of creative for the tag team division. I suppose introducing people like him would give the division added impetus.

I look at today's tag team champions in Kingston and R-Truth. For me, Tag Teams need to have chemistry and at leats dress the same. These tick none of the boxes and are simply there as they have nothing to do in the singles division. The fact they beat Primo adn Epico, who for me have the making's of an excellent heel tag team with Rosa Mendes as their 'Manager' there is some promise there, along with the Uso's. I enjoyed the Heart dynasty until that was put to one side and now a superb performer like Tyson Kidd is on Nxt and Superstars. Kidd could get some good airtime in the tag team division and I would love to see the Heart Dynasty back, give Natalya something better to do than losing to people like AJ and Kelly Kelly.

So what do you guys think. Should the Tag Team division be the main priority of the 'E' or do you believe they should focus on what to do with the pushes of up and coming singles competitors like Ziggler, Rhodes, Barrett and The Miz.

Liam

Back to top Go down

'Improving The Tag Team Division should be the main priority for the E' Empty Re: 'Improving The Tag Team Division should be the main priority for the E'

Post by MIG Sat May 05, 2012 2:58 am

I think a long dominant run as champs for Swagger and Ziggler (while they aren't doing anything else worthwhile) while at the same time introducing a couple of new tag teams, proper tag teams like you say, same attire etc and have them built up until you could have a massive Summerslam match with Swagger and Ziggler vs Epico and PRimo vs New Team vs New Team in a TLC match or something. Give it some more importance.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

'Improving The Tag Team Division should be the main priority for the E' Empty Re: 'Improving The Tag Team Division should be the main priority for the E'

Post by bretmeharty Sat May 05, 2012 3:04 am

In my opinion the damage has been done and the tag team division can not be mended over night. I think they would require established teams together for a year+ to gain any respectability to it, but Vince isn't simply interested in it.
He saw it as a means to be able to compete in the 90's but now he must feel it isn't needed.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Sat May 05, 2012 3:17 am

All the tagteam division is to Vince now is a place to pair off the midcarders who currently have nothing to do and leave them there until they have a slot open in a storyline again.

Theres so much potential to change a few gimmicks and make some excellent tag teams.....I always thought Swagger and Alex Riley would of made a good team team if they built it around the Riley high school jock gimmick and the fact swagger attended oaklahoma university as a wrestler/footballer

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat May 05, 2012 3:20 am

Swagger and Ziggler work really well together, as do Truth and Kingston.

With Epico and Primo, Hunico and Camacho, and the Usos, theres plently of tag team talent there to use. The WWE just cant seem to do it well.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Sat May 05, 2012 9:23 am

A Tagteam is a great place for wrestlers to get airtime and get over with the crowd.

Nowadays with a lack of tagteams wrestlers just sit in a midcard doing nothing.

Why couldn't they have kept the Hart Dynasty together? As a tag team they'd be getting regular matches, and start building that fanbase and getting over (either as face or heel). Are DH Smith and Kidd in a better position since they broke up?

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Sun May 06, 2012 6:24 am

Its simple! Good teams with good fueds and stories!!! Bring back Haas and Benjamin! Add The Briscoes and the kings of wrestling to the 4 regular teams they have at the moments!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down