The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who should be Wales WC 10?

+17
PenfroPete
RubyGuby
Turkster
samuraidragon
dogtooth
gavstar
Taffineastbourne
majesticimperialman
Shifty
flyhalffactory
glamorganalun
welshy824
Luckless Pedestrian
Seagultaf
Cari
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
krusty
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who should be Wales WC 10?

Who should be Wales WC 10? - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Who should be Wales WC 10? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 11 ]
Who should be Wales WC 10? - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Who should be Wales WC 10? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 12 ]
Who should be Wales WC 10? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Who should be Wales WC 10? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

Who should be Wales WC 10? - Page 2 Empty Who should be Wales WC 10?

Post by krusty Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:31 am

First topic message reminder :

Hook has to now be given the 10 shirt on a permanent basis. He is happier there & creates more. I also think his defence is not as great at 12/13 & he sometimes throws those wild passes in the centre. He's going to play 10 at Perpignan so I hope Gatland does the right thing

Edit - restored the thread title. Krusty, you have mail

Last edited by krusty on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total

krusty

Back to top Go down

Who should be Wales WC 10? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who should be Wales WC 10?

Post by welshy824 Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Turkster wrote:
welshy824 wrote:last two questions i can answer.

on form fullback-i believe that was at twickers. (then he broke his leg)
scrum half- MS last saturday

convenient for the Hook fanboys eh? Whistle

i am not a hook fanboy just answering the question. i am happy to see the best fly half play 10, or certain fly halves for certain types of matches

HOWEVER if i put myself in anyones camp it would be priestlands 2 games at fly half internationally and play excellent in both- didnt look out of his depth at all, kicked well and was a good running threat

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:07 pm

welshy824 wrote:
Turkster wrote:
welshy824 wrote:last two questions i can answer.

on form fullback-i believe that was at twickers. (then he broke his leg)
scrum half- MS last saturday

convenient for the Hook fanboys eh? Whistle

i am not a hook fanboy just answering the question. i am happy to see the best fly half play 10, or certain fly halves for certain types of matches

HOWEVER if i put myself in anyones camp it would be priestlands 2 games at fly half internationally and play excellent in both- didnt look out of his depth at all, kicked well and was a good running threat

it wasn't actually directed at you, I should have pointed that out in the post, apologies.

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:10 pm

ah no probs mate

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:46 pm

I agree with rugbydreamer, it is ridiculous to put so much on the way 1 player performs. If Hook does well on Saturday will the rest of the TEAM get praise for their efforts in getting penalties for him to kick, creating chances for him to shine? no, he did it all by himself.
If he has a poor game, it will be because ......he hasnt played at 10 much, look at the others around him, no-one ran with him down the 'alleys' , he had slow ball, he was targetted by the oppositon, he was wearing his unlucky pants, the cat next door died............

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:45 am

OK - if Hook is man of the match, it's not because he played well, but because of the others around hiim.

If Stephen Jones puts in a mediocre performance, it's the fault of Phillips, the front 5, Gatland, Byrne, Roberts, etc.

It's fine to slag off Bennett, Powell, Mike Phillips, Byrne, Hook, Charteris, etc. but no word of criticism of Stephen Jones can be uttereed because he is simply beyond criticism.

I think I understand the forum rules now.

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:30 am

FHF:
. Game awareness and tactics ............. strewth ummmm 3 words HOOK/FRENCH MATCH...... Helloooooo tap tap tap are you in there.

Guys don't start slating a player just to promote another, or having selective memory.

The hypocrisy in your last statement is breathtaking - you're telling everyone not to do something that you in fact have done in the sentence before!

Both players have strengths and weaknesses and as someone posted, it could well be horses for courses as to who plays 10 in any game. But you surely are guilty of having a selective memory if all you can do is take an almost malicious pleasure in citing Hook's performance in the French game while totally ignoring the many average games Jones has had over the years, and yes, the interceptions and the missed penalties he has also been guilty of. Let's have some even handedness here and don't preach what you clearly are incapable of practising.

paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:13 am

WTF ?
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:52 am

paddy wrote:
FHF:
. Game awareness and tactics ............. strewth ummmm 3 words HOOK/FRENCH MATCH...... Helloooooo tap tap tap are you in there.

Guys don't start slating a player just to promote another, or having selective memory.

The hypocrisy in your last statement is breathtaking - you're telling everyone not to do something that you in fact have done in the sentence before!

Both players have strengths and weaknesses and as someone posted, it could well be horses for courses as to who plays 10 in any game. But you surely are guilty of having a selective memory if all you can do is take an almost malicious pleasure in citing Hook's performance in the French game while totally ignoring the many average games Jones has had over the years, and yes, the interceptions and the missed penalties he has also been guilty of. Let's have some even handedness here and don't preach what you clearly are incapable of practising.

Paddy

I never run down a player to promote another, it was a response!!

You have to go back a while (in this forum post) to realise the response was to a poster who run down a player (Jones) to promote another (Hook) because he didnt like that Jones was out in front as most posters choice at 10. He said alot of things about the player, I replied to say the sweeping statement he made had no basis, yes there is clear evidence to suggest Hook is a longer kicker of the ball, is faster off the break, and has a destructive hand off but some of the other parts of the statement were ridiculous ..... "Jones kick offs are useless, he is slow and doesn't make the yardage Hook does, he is useless with ball in hand, etc etc"

I replied and stated the French match as a poster suggested that with that 30-40 minute performance Hook is now clearly ahead of Jones and he has played very well all season when given the chance to start the match at 10.

Its like me saying Hooks handoff is useless, and you replying by stating sorry but you only have to go back to the English 2010 match to see what a destructive hand-off he possesses. Or just like your sweeping statement that I have highlighted in bold which is in contrast to BOD, Wilkinson, Carter, Graham Henry views on who their Welsh player of the last decade

To end this........... Hook's shoulder problem seems to be resolved, he had a very good game (well 40 mins) last week in the 10 channel and deserves his spot this weekend. Jones is on the bench lets see if he has to come on during the match.

flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Oh come off it FHf don't play that game please. In previous topics raised about this subject you continually have harped on about Hook's performance against France last year so much so that you are beginnining to sound like a broken record.

But as you say they should both get a chance to play this Saturday and let's hope they both have a good game, because we need as many talented players going to NZ as we can get.

paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:28 pm

paddy wrote:
Oh come off it FHf don't play that game please. In previous topics raised about this subject you continually have harped on about Hook's performance against France last year so much so that you are beginnining to sound like a broken record.

But as you say they should both get a chance to play this Saturday and let's hope they both have a good game, because we need as many talented players going to NZ as we can get.

Paddy

I'll tell you this one more time and take a serious note of it............ I never instigate a process by running down a player to promote another.

flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:33 pm

FlyHalf - when they reincarnate you - you will come back as a lovely dog and you will be seen chewing bones everywhere you go - Get down Laddy! thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Dog WOOF
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Dog guinness Howzat for you!

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:21 pm

LOVE IT

Winalot and a guiness, what more could a border terrier need
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2