The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

even if wales win 6 nations howley is still the wrong guy to take wales forward

+13
offload
glamorganalun
majesticimperialman
doddieman
thebluesmancometh
ihavenopantson
lostinwales
RubyGuby
flyhalffactory
Glas a du
Casartelli
maestegmafia
welshboii15
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

even if wales win 6 nations howley is still the wrong guy to take wales forward   Empty even if wales win 6 nations howley is still the wrong guy to take wales forward

Post by welshboii15 Wed 13 Mar - 13:47

I can never get my self to understand why the wru rate howley he's a poo head coach, he's never done the job before not even at club level and even as a skills coach he's not special he wasn't great for the blues. Wales have some talented coaches and people who could do a better job for Wales.
Such as;
Dai young
Sean Holley
Robin McBride
Jenks
IV even heard Stephan Jones is a contender as a future welsh coach, why don't the wru start working with these guys, they have put enough money into howley and he's not cutting it, yes Wales have won 3 urine poor games and could end up beating a competitive English team but that don't make Wales a good side under him it just means Wales have won 4 games under him, they still lost all them games under him last year

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

even if wales win 6 nations howley is still the wrong guy to take wales forward   Empty Re: even if wales win 6 nations howley is still the wrong guy to take wales forward

Post by maestegmafia Wed 13 Mar - 13:49

welshboii15 wrote:I can never get my self to understand why the wru rate howley he's a poo head coach, he's never done the job before not even at club level and even as a skills coach he's not special he wasn't great for the blues. Wales have some talented coaches and people who could do a better job for Wales.
Such as;
Dai young
Sean Holley
Robin McBride
Jenks
IV even heard Stephan Jones is a contender as a future welsh coach, why don't the wru start working with these guys, they have put enough money into howley and he's not cutting it, yes Wales have won 3 urine poor games and could end up beating a competitive English team but that don't make Wales a good side under him it just means Wales have won 4 games under him, they still lost all them games under him last year

You appropriate Wales losing 8 games on the Caretaker Coach?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

even if wales win 6 nations howley is still the wrong guy to take wales forward   Empty Re: even if wales win 6 nations howley is still the wrong guy to take wales forward

Post by welshboii15 Wed 13 Mar - 13:53

I don't quite understand what the above comment means but I do think the problem is howley

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Wed 13 Mar - 13:57

welshboii15 wrote:I don't quite understand what the above comment means but I do think the problem is howley

He means blame.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 13 Mar - 14:00

Dream team:
Forwards - Young
Backs - Nigel Davies
Head - Lyn Jones
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 13 Mar - 14:10

welshboii15 wrote:I don't quite understand what the above comment means but I do think the problem is howley

Why do you think the blame lies at Howleys door?

Bit of meat on the bone?

Don't you think they were a tad unlucky down in OZ?, don't you think that they played well against the All Blacks?. Dont you think that a record number of away wins count for something?. Don't you think that Howley has the relevant experience? I mean he took his coaching badges when he was with Gatland & Edwards when he was at Wasps, and he wasn't too shabby when he was at Cardiff. What do you think of key injuries.... Lydiate, Chatteris, Adam Jones etc etc weren't they a more contributory factor in the losses?
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Wed 13 Mar - 14:18

I see howley as the problem because he took over grand slam champions and IMO Wales were really exciting last year and then he turns a winning team into a laughing stocks Wales went to Australia favourites to win the test tour or atleast win 1 game, and losing to Samoa and Argentina nothing against them as a team played class but still teams we should be beating, coming close isn't what rugby is about its about winning and howley hasn't done him self any favours, we lost to Ireland and beat a urine poor French team struggled against Italy and beat Scotland what's special about that, I think think enough money has been put into him and he's failing IMO

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Wed 13 Mar - 14:25

welshboii, FHF - let's take a chillpill?

Saturday is the first fair test he's had as a coach.

He's had time in charge of the players now, the only guaranteed first choicer missing is Lydiate, England are off the boil and we're at home.

Wait and see how he does on the weekend?

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar - 14:29

Howley just talks gibberish after each game - When Gatland leaves can we please have another SH coach thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 13 Mar - 14:31

Well the wins have been happening this 6N and there have been some tries but that - from a distance - seems to be more about individuals doing something smart rather than good teamwork. The team still looks somewhat disjointed - a collection of decent individuals. There isnt much evidence of coaching

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar - 14:34

[quote="flyhalffactory

Don't you think they were a tad unlucky down in OZ - It wasn't bad luck like it wasn't bad luck in the last minute at the Millenium

don't you think that they played well against the All Blacks?. - Feck me, what game were you watching, weren't we 33-0 down

Dont you think that a record number of away wins count for something?. - Yes it counts for the boys digging in against average oppponents

Don't you think that Howley has the relevant experience - I judge a coach by his after match analysis - Howley is clueless in his appraisal after each game - He is so far out of his depth as a coach it could only happen in Wales, I cringe every time he opens his mouth.

Injuries haven't helped but Howley's strength as a coach is getting the least out of the talent he has - One of the worse ever to manage a welsh team IMO thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Wed 13 Mar - 14:42

But you can't always blame injuries, is problem is he hasn't got no balls he kept picking players who are playing bad all through his time last year, people like priestland, gethin Jenkins, Jamie Roberts over people who are were performing like Dan biiger put standing last year did he get a look in no would he have if priestland wasn't injured would he have got his chance most likely not, people like Rhys gill, Ryan bevinton, Andrew combs, walkee all be very good for their clubs over looked for out of form players unfair tipric was over looked still is. As long as rob howler howley is in charge I'll never feel confident Wales will be a top side. I understand people have different opinions and this is mine that's all im saying

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 13 Mar - 14:47

RubyGuby wrote:
I judge a coach by his after match analysis

thumbsup

In all my years picard beggars belief
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar - 14:51

FHF - I'm afraid you've come out on the losing side a few times so far in the 6 Nations against me and whilst this isn't a win or lose situation I remain adamant that Howley is a complete numpty as a coach and the post match analysis and appraisal will define and reveal the coaches real qualities - SL is supreme in this area thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 13 Mar - 14:58

welshboii15 wrote:But you can't always blame injuries, is problem is he hasn't got no balls he kept picking players who are playing bad all through his time last year, people like priestland, gethin Jenkins, Jamie Roberts over people who are were performing like Dan biiger put standing last year did he get a look in no would he have if priestland wasn't injured would he have got his chance most likely not, people like Rhys gill, Ryan bevinton, Andrew combs, walkee all be very good for their clubs over looked for out of form players unfair tipric was over looked still is. As long as rob howler howley is in charge I'll never feel confident Wales will be a top side. I understand people have different opinions and this is mine that's all im saying

Do you also post as Majesticimperialman or that other fellow who was learning English?

Your writing style, spelling mistakes and grammar are very similar?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 13 Mar - 15:17

RubyGuby wrote:FHF - I'm afraid you've come out on the losing side a few times so far in the 6 Nations against me thumbsup

Name one time laddy?

I mean you post one liners with an ending like someone with OCD thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Not much to compete again really

and the few times you have posted more than one line you have made mind boggling statements like the one I highlighted. Gosh in your world a great orator must make the best coach....... Where is Richard Burton when you need a bloody good Welsh coach
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar - 15:25

You do make me laugh FHF, I'm sure there's welsh blood in you somewhere, you give another meaning to passion - I'm happy with my Howley statements, Rob's a great guy but he is certainly not the smartest - he's as passionate about Wales as anyone, perhaps too much as a coach but there you go. If we are happy to differ on this then you don't lose and I can't be fairer than that thumbsup OCD? What's that, a band from the 80's? thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by ihavenopantson Wed 13 Mar - 15:41

howley's going to get found out bigstyle!

ihavenopantson

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar - 15:43

So Howley loses 8 in a row and now he's gonna be found out, you must be a copper, CID no doubt Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by ihavenopantson Wed 13 Mar - 15:47

fookin charming. only signed uP because this forum looked more intelligent than others. same wizearses on here as planet rugby then?

ihavenopantson

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar - 15:50

He lost EIGHT in a row - What is there to find out - the guys a numpty - deal with it thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar - 15:54

ihavenopantson wrote:fookin charming. only signed uP because this forum looked more intelligent than others. same wizearses on here as planet rugby then?

Fook? Interesting word, very 'northern' wouldn't you say?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Wed 13 Mar - 15:57

RubyGuby wrote:He lost EIGHT in a row - What is there to find out - the guys a numpty - deal with it thumbsup

Lol. I think he (she?) was trying to agree with you Rube.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar - 16:02

"Howleys going to be found out" - My point Casartelli is that after 8 defeats I just think he might have already been found out thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by doddieman Wed 13 Mar - 16:24

Howley is the interim manager. Probably not been allowed to rip up the gameplan and change everything he may wish to change. Look at what lancaster has done to england between their championship winning side 2011 and now, as head coach he was able to change what he liked and the team is radically different. Dyou think howley could.have done that in garlands absence? When gatland leaves be it.next year or 2015 howley will be first in line to take over. He can make the team his own.then and we can judge him on that. Until then its a case of how well he can follow instructions and adapt to injuries, because thats all he's done so far.

doddieman

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar - 16:27

I take it you haven't listened to him talk after a game, his appraisal and analysis are that of a valleys youth team coach thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 13 Mar - 16:37

maestegmafia wrote:
welshboii15 wrote:But you can't always blame injuries, is problem is he hasn't got no balls he kept picking players who are playing bad all through his time last year, people like priestland, gethin Jenkins, Jamie Roberts over people who are were performing like Dan biiger put standing last year did he get a look in no would he have if priestland wasn't injured would he have got his chance most likely not, people like Rhys gill, Ryan bevinton, Andrew combs, walkee all be very good for their clubs over looked for out of form players unfair tipric was over looked still is. As long as rob howler howley is in charge I'll never feel confident Wales will be a top side. I understand people have different opinions and this is mine that's all im saying

Do you also post as Majesticimperialman or that other fellow who was learning English?

Your writing style, spelling mistakes and grammar are very similar?

picard NO, maestegmafia. he dosent. ok. thumbsup

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 13 Mar - 16:43

Is it Howley or Gatland or both, I suspect the tactics are Gatland's as nothing has changed since 2008, as we all know kick the leather of the ball and wait for the opposition make the mistakes? The problem is all the 6N sides are doing the same hence boring games with very few tries. I think Wales are under performing with the players they have hence teams need agile coaches to break down team defences, Wales don't have such coaches in place.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 13 Mar - 16:46

IMO Howley is the wrong guy in charge - interim or not. He does not inspire confidence in thought or deed. In the first match down under we looked disctinctly undercooked and "surprised" by the opposition - same thing in the first AI. I haven't seen Wales play as badly for 10 years as we did last Autumn.

His selection has been consistently poor, the game plan impossible to figure and quality players have looked very mediocre. We were a shambles for the first 40 minutes of the 6N's and even in the second half against Ireland we made very heavy work of our comeback. Getting three away wins has been great but we have rarely looked fluent and let's face it - the opposition has been poor.

It's great to be winning and we have a good chance on Saturday - but no, Howley is still the wrong man. We should be setting the bar much higher for our National coach than he is able to reach.

offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 13 Mar - 16:49

No man is a leader until his appointment is ratified in the hearts and minds of his men. ~Author Unknown

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 13 Mar - 16:56

Arthur Onions?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 13 Mar - 18:59

gregortree wrote:No man is a leader until his appointment is ratified in the hearts and minds of his men. ~Author Unknown

I think thats from "For Whom the Bell Tolls" Hemmingway

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar - 19:02

Wasnt that the Bee Gees not Hemmingway thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 13 Mar - 19:04

RubyGuby wrote:Wasnt that the Bee Gees not Hemmingway thumbsup

Massachusetts?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 13 Mar - 19:05

How cheap is your dove?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar - 19:06

IMO Howley is the wrong guy in charge

From who's POV, from Gatlands hes perfect!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar - 19:07

Evening ko this Saturday - Night Fever thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 13 Mar - 19:14

thebluesmancometh wrote:IMO Howley is the wrong guy in charge

Bluesman - get with the thread, we've moved on. It's a tragedy, when the feelings gone you can't move on !
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 13 Mar - 19:17

Staying alive was the key after that Irish defeat a few weeks ago. thumbsup thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar - 19:18

offload wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:IMO Howley is the wrong guy in charge

Bluesman - get with the thread, we've moved on. It's a tragedy, when the feelings gone you can't move on !

This threads fallen to pieces, enough of this jive talkin' I'm out...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 13 Mar - 19:18

Maes,
good call, kind of thing he would have observed in the War

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 13 Mar - 19:22

welshboii15 wrote:I can never get my self to understand why the wru rate howley he's a poo head coach, he's never done the job before not even at club level and even as a skills coach he's not special he wasn't great for the blues. Wales have some talented coaches and people who could do a better job for Wales.
Such as;
Dai young
Sean Holley
Robin McBride
Jenks

In part I agree and have made my feelings clear on Howley

BUT Holley hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah and may more hahas. Then you and mention McBryde whose part of the set with Howley.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar - 19:26

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Such as;
Dai young
Sean Holley
Robin McBride

Jenks

In part I agree and have made my feelings clear on Howley

BUT Holley hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah and may more hahas. Then you and mention McBryde whose part of the set with Howley.

Laugh well done whoever you are welshboii!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Mar - 19:43

Dai Young is the most likely bet, or should I say the best on your list. Can't believe you would mention Stephen Jones and cheer for the WRU to get him into the set-up. Didn't we just do that with Howley? A one dimensional backline and 8 straight defeats later....

McBryde is in the same boat, IE the useless express. Only now have Wales started being dominant up front and that is because we're putting out the Ospreys front 5 (including ex-osprey James). That's the front 5 I have been calling for since the Aus tour. What do you know, when those form players are actually picked we start winning again.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 13 Mar - 21:33

McBryde

Caretaker Coach Wales

Played 2 Won 2 100% record

Wales have been recognised as having a fantastic set of forwards since 2010 whether the then Lions front row (Jenkins/Rees/Jones) first choice locks (Charteris & Brad) or first choice back row (Warbs/Lydiate/Faletau) or now the Os front five McBryde has been instrumental in constructing a second set formidable pack and scrummaging unit

Gatland himself a reknowned forwards coach saw the obvious skill set in the fellar, and he hasn't let the gaffer down.

Anybody who suggests the Welsh unit is only working due to the Os front five, well...........

Gatland are you useless can't you see that the record and results speak for themselves..... get rid of McBryde now picard
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Mar - 21:44

Using some misleading stats again I see. Even the other Scots are pointing out the flaws when you do that now. Every Wales fan knows we were gash (especially up front) in a lot of games since 2010. And that is coming from a Wales supporter who has watched every game involving Wales for many-a-year. Guess a different opinion is lost on a cyclops though.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 13 Mar - 21:50

Morgannwg wrote:Using some misleading stats again I see. Even the other Scots are pointing out the flaws when you do that now. Every Wales fan knows we were gash (especially up front) in a lot of games since 2010. And that is coming from a Wales supporter who has watched every game involving Wales for many-a-year. Guess a different opinion is lost on a cyclops though.

Dont get anybody else involved (as you usually do) as us Scots can have a decent message forum until the "usual suspect" hijacks the board to WUM (as you usually do)

WHAT MISLEADING STATS....... explain (before you get reported again) because I have put only one set of stats and they are not misleading at all they are 100% accurate

SO TELL THE FORUM WHAT STATS ARE MISLEADING?

And I didnt realise you are speaking for the whole of the Welsh fan base, I will ask Maesteg, Wales606, Bedfordwelsh etc if they think Warbs, Lydiate, Chatteris, Gethin were gash........ unless of course they have appointed you are their spokesman
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Mar - 22:08

I never hijacked the Scotland thread though. Rev, Morg and a few others were accused of that for posting factual comments. I guess the truth hurts but there you go. You're making yourself look dumb with comments like that and the way you constantly talk down to people who disagree with you. Pathetic comment.

Why would I get reported, for posting the truth? Like I care, my comments don't get removed. I didn't say they were not accurate, I said they were misleading. There you go, wrong end of the spectrum as per usual. Well for a start, who was the opposition when McBryde took over?

I didn't name those individual players so why are you putting words in my mouth? Our pack was second best to teams like Ireland, France, England and Aus for example in fixtures since 2010, regardless of the performances of those individuals. Howley and McBryde getting hired was a job for the WRU's mates. Certainly not merit. This is so boring, the way you constantly try to make out you know more about welsh rugby than Wales fans.

This was another waste of my time which you'll go on to prove. But I guess you can hit the report button like a child running to the teacher. I'll laugh once I see that it's been highlighted but stays put regardless.
Yahoo
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 13 Mar - 22:34

Dont Bullshat your way out lad, MISLEADING they are not, they are factual and accrurate. Your "misleading" was a direct message to start a WUM session

I read the your contribution on the Scottish thread and the actual fallout as a result, some of my compatriots opinions of you and that was the final straw for many of them.

The Welsh players I mentioned were part of the pack (prior to the Os front five) you said were "gash"

Gatland hired McBryde and retained him, he is deffo his own man and does not pander to the WRUs tune...... thats one of his conditions when he took over from Jenkins. So very much he was not a "jobs for the boys" in his (McBs) case.

At least you are consistent in your behaviour on this forum board.
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Mar - 22:49

Sigh. You seem to be suggesting McBryde is a good coach for taking Wales on a North America rugby tour and winning their games. When the majority of the opposition would not have been professional. Hence it is misleading. Why have you lot been posting misleading stats all week? I'm thinking with particular reference to the Hogg stats here, with some fans suggesting he is better than Halfpenny for gaining more metres. The try scoring stats were another. Scotland were joint top try scorers after some interceptions against Italy. It was zero tries scored against Ireland, which is a better measure. Not a dig, I'm just trying to explain to you why some stats are misleading, IE, they are not counting for much. Such as McBryde's 100% win rate as (caretaker) head coach.

This isn't relevant here so not sure why you brought it into this in the first place. The Scotland fans (well you and some others, not all) took issue with a factual statement made by Dr Nick and responded by posting derogatory comments about the Wales team. Anyone is welcome to go back and check should they not believe that. I'm not particulary bothered though, I just like to gave a straightforward opinion, which I duly did.

See my previous comment.

Maybe not in McBryde's case then. But he didn't have the credentials for the job either. I'm assuming that was Gatland doing what he thought was best for Welsh rugby (trying to develop our limited no. of coaches).

Yeah I'm consistently honest. You're just consistently bitter and angry. It's just a discussion forum pal so don't take it so personally.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next