The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

even if wales win 6 nations howley is still the wrong guy to take wales forward

+13
offload
glamorganalun
majesticimperialman
doddieman
thebluesmancometh
ihavenopantson
lostinwales
RubyGuby
flyhalffactory
Glas a du
Casartelli
maestegmafia
welshboii15
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

even if wales win 6 nations howley is still the wrong guy to take wales forward   - Page 2 Empty even if wales win 6 nations howley is still the wrong guy to take wales forward

Post by welshboii15 Wed 13 Mar 2013, 1:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

I can never get my self to understand why the wru rate howley he's a poo head coach, he's never done the job before not even at club level and even as a skills coach he's not special he wasn't great for the blues. Wales have some talented coaches and people who could do a better job for Wales.
Such as;
Dai young
Sean Holley
Robin McBride
Jenks
IV even heard Stephan Jones is a contender as a future welsh coach, why don't the wru start working with these guys, they have put enough money into howley and he's not cutting it, yes Wales have won 3 urine poor games and could end up beating a competitive English team but that don't make Wales a good side under him it just means Wales have won 4 games under him, they still lost all them games under him last year

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

even if wales win 6 nations howley is still the wrong guy to take wales forward   - Page 2 Empty Re: even if wales win 6 nations howley is still the wrong guy to take wales forward

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:55 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:Dont Bullshat your way out lad, MISLEADING they are not, they are factual and accrurate. Your "misleading" was a direct message to start a WUM session

I don't know why I'm doing this... But, why do I have to keep repeating myself to you? I did not doubt their accuracy. You should look up the definition of misleading. Because misleading stats they are, due to the opposition. A direct message to start a WUM session? If you really believe that then you're even more touchy than I thought. Or it could be as I keep reiterating, you have issues with people disagreeing with you. Keep the ridiculous accusations to yourself.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

even if wales win 6 nations howley is still the wrong guy to take wales forward   - Page 2 Empty Re: even if wales win 6 nations howley is still the wrong guy to take wales forward

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:58 pm

That thread the other day was a bit of a shame, as I think my intentions were a little misunderstood. I firstly believed Dr Nic's post to not be a wum (as I didn't think he was as renowned for it like Morg or somebody else is) and although it was a little harsh, I tried discussing it without trying to stick the boot in too much.

I certainly don't want my posts to be associated with yours though Morg. I think we probably had different intentions on that thread, but I got tarred with the same brush as you. I don't have a history of wumming on here, whereas with your record you're probably going to struggle to be classed as anything other than a wum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:02 pm

Dr Nick's post definitely wasn't a WUM. A bit harsh yes, but it's not like Scotland don't have their own. See FA's posts. I wasn't wumming I just agreed with Nick's post (because it was accurate), then had to witness Scottish posters attacking Welsh rugby. And for that reason I don't know why it was brought into this thread. I thought that you thought the same. Fair comment Rev?

Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:15 pm

He took them on a developement tour against teams that have given you problems in the past both at home and away, bringing on many players who are in the first team squad now. He led Wales to victory away from home over teams that have troubled or even beaten you in the past.

He has been instrumental in developing all the welsh forwards since his appointment....... Do you want me to name them and then you can tell me if they are gash at an international level

He blended together a front row that became the Lions first choice, he was very instrumental last weekend in the Welsh passive "soft" hit that all but destoyed our biggest asset and won you the game directly

TELL ME ANY MISLEADING STAT lad, just cut and paste one of my inputs and lets see if they are misleading

I read the first Welsh posters message and its clear on the intent, and my compatriots complaint, and its not the factual parts the complaint was about, but we are talking about your input afterwards......... I am quite happy to cut and paste the facts and the "intent" of the first message just for you to assess its bature, then it will become apparent stage by stage where that good thread went bad.

You are not consistently honest, you are consistently clearly WUMMING and thats a fundament difference

I am not bitter I have a great raport with all the Welsh posters as do my fellow Scots
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:25 pm

Fair enough that is your opinion, and that is a misleading stat (for reasons I've already mentioned). What was your point anyway, that McBryde should be the one to take over post 2015? I kind of got lost because of your trash posts. If you are suggesting that then the jury is still out, and could be out much longer than 2015.

You seem to be neglecting the fact that those boys were playing together before McBryde and the fact that most of the forwards played in the same team. I feel a bit too much credit is going McBryde's way here.

I've already told you what the misleading stat was. For the love of god please don't tell me I'm going to have to repeat it. And I can't be arsed with the rest of your BS post as it's irrelevant and tedious. You can think what you like about me not replying to it.

EDIT*

flyhalffactory wrote:He took them on a developement tour against teams that have given you problems in the past both at home and away, bringing on many players who are in the first team squad now. He led Wales to victory away from home over teams that have troubled or even beaten you in the past.

Problems? Neither the USA or Canada have not, IMO. Both soundly beaten in Cardiff, 2006 USA I believe and 2008 we played Canada. As far as I know we haven't lost to USA in our history, but suffered one loss to Candada in....wait for it....1993. I wonder if any of those players were around on the 2009 tour. picard
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:34 pm

Scotland went early very clearly on loads of occassions which was just dumb. You can blame the ref if you like but what is he supposed to do when a side does the same thing over and over. Wales shoved Scotland back in the early scrums and Scotland knew they had to go early to have any chance but they couldn't get it right. Not the refs fault.

Wales gave away loads of stupid penalties but they were lucky that Scotland were determined to beat Wales at something and so gave away even more stupid ones. Again you can't blame the ref when Scotland come around the wrong side at a ruck as they got pinged for at least twice.

I felt Scotland should have had at least one yellow given the number of penalties they gave away in their 22. Paul James got a yellow for it so why didn't a Scotland player.

I just don't think Scotland are as good as you guys think they are. If Scotland win a game then realism goes out the window. After losing to Tonga in the Autumn, Scotland got pasted by England, won their annual wooden spoon challenge against Italy and then somehow (and no one still knows how) beat an Ireland side that should have been out of sight by half time.

On the back of that I have seen Lions squads posted with 12 Scots in it awhich is crazy. I don't think there are many Scots who would get in Wales, England or Irelands first 15 to be honest.

Thats the post.

Considering the OP's thread was meant to be a critique on the Scottish performance in the 6Ns today, Dr Nicks post is very much clear on his intent, WOODEN SPOON DEFINITES, HOW DARE WE STATE WE COULD HAVE AS MUCH AS 12 IN THE LIONS SQUAD, THE REF WASN'T TO BLAME, nothing about where we are, how can we improve, right/wrong players, right/wrong coach.

Its very clear as to the "intent" of the post in conjunction with the actual thread "critque of Scotlands performances and where we go now"

Risca Rev I will say now you are a good genuine poster (and I am of the same opinion of you with regard to Morgs later input), the thread got out of hand, and to be honest I felt that was an opportunity lost for the Scots to say our piece about OUR failings and successes in the 6Ns so far....... its quite depressing that this site is going the way of the old 606
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:56 pm

Look that's your problem if you think it's a WUM. It is a critique and I don't care if none of you can't handle it. Although it's irrelevant and tedious here I will say sorry for putting the boot in AFTER RISKYSPORTS PUT THE BOOT IN TO THE WALES TEAM. I hope that's the end of us discussing past, locked threads.
OK
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 14 Mar 2013, 11:49 am

gregortree wrote:Maes,
good call, kind of thing he would have observed in the War

I just watched Midnight in Paris, the Woody Allen movie a few days ago, where Ernest Hemingway is one of the main characters. Very Funny portrayal, constantly self indulgent and wanting to fight people.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:09 pm

What started out me just asking peoples opinions. All i wanted was some honest opinions off welsh people because its our team but off the other fans from other nations because they see what's going on from the out side and have respectable opinions in my eyes which is what i wanted, but then same as every post some one will site something not needed and make the post Poopie. Get a grip your all meant be adults learn to take things on the chin and accept peoples opinions

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:33 pm

Thing is, Howley isn't there to take Wales forward. He's just keeping Gats seat warm! I think it was Gareth Llewellyn pointed out a few weeks back, Howley can't go meddling or changing anything (at least tactically) or imposing his way while just stepping up/standing in.

By no means am I championing Howley, but if he was to be the big cheese, we may see changes made. Very difficult situation for him really!

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2