The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone actually heard floyd say he'll fight khan?

+2
Scottrf
Seanusarrilius
6 posters

Go down

Has anyone actually heard floyd say he'll fight khan? Empty Has anyone actually heard floyd say he'll fight khan?

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:56 pm

It is all in the title really. Khan is saying it, so are golden boy, but i have never heard Floyd mention it.

So, is this even realistic??

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Has anyone actually heard floyd say he'll fight khan? Empty Re: Has anyone actually heard floyd say he'll fight khan?

Post by Scottrf Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:58 pm

Yeah, it's realistic, but not as realistic as a Floyd holiday.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Has anyone actually heard floyd say he'll fight khan? Empty Re: Has anyone actually heard floyd say he'll fight khan?

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 16 Aug 2011, 1:03 pm

People keep talking like Floyd is going to even be around when he is 36, i dont know, by then its a huge risk/reward fight for him. I mean the reward is there, but his whole legacy will be on the line at an age where his skills will be deminished.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Tue 16 Aug 2011, 1:09 pm

There's been talk from Floyd around him wanting to fight Khan at Wembly in the past, nothing concrete.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jul/22/floyd-mayweather-jr-amir-khan

Think its more to do with Floyd just wanting to fight once over here, with Khan being the likely opponent should it ever happen.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 16 Aug 2011, 1:18 pm

I just think floyd says that to get British fans interested. FLoyd v Khan in 16/17 months would be a huge risk to his 0 (if he still has it) Khan will be far faster,big as all hell at welter by then and Floyds skillset is going to only go south

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:02 pm

But Khan has already said he isn't ready to fight Floyd, but will be in a couple of years when Floyd isn't ready anymore.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:17 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:But Khan has already said he isn't ready to fight Floyd, but will be in a couple of years when Floyd isn't ready anymore.
Spoiler:

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:19 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:But Khan has already said he isn't ready to fight Floyd, but will be in a couple of years when Floyd isn't ready anymore.
Spoiler:

You've lost me

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:54 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Spoiler:

You've lost me

Im a hateful person Coxy, the guy is right. All these years of not liking certain people. Normally people just accepted it. But us critical folk aren't allowed to question "KING" Khan. Or we are pushed into the same league as Hitler etc as hateful people. I feel sorry for my mum, she never raised me this way Sad
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:51 pm

How can one tell if Mayweather will or will not be capable at the age of 36? Until there is some kind of tangible evidence of his decline I would say there is no reason to doubt Khan as of yet, or write Mayweather off as over the hill. My guess would be that even at the age of 36, Mayweather would represent the biggest challenge out there for Khan.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down