The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Khan Will Be Next For Floyd

+13
owen10ozzy
TopHat24/7
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
superflyweight
azania
aja424
Pedro147
manos de piedra
ONETWOFOREVER
Diamond in the rough
RanjitPatel
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why Khan Will Be Next For Floyd Empty Why Khan Will Be Next For Floyd

Post by hazharrison Tue 07 May 2013, 11:22 am

Reasons why Khan will be next for Floyd:

1. Floyd needs a knockout.

12-round masterclasses are manna from heaven for purists (and are great for Floyd's health), however, boxing fans are unlikely to shell out another $600 to see him run rings around his next opponent in the same manner he did Guerrero. Khan would allow Floyd to excite.

2. He also needs a fresh angle

A UK invasion would be huge. If tickets prices were sensible, there isn't any reason he couldn't sell out a football stadium. Fans would rush to tick "see Floyd fight live" off their bucket list.

3. Khan is a marquee name and his style makes for helter-skelter action

Khan is well-known in the US and the UK -- the fight would be marketable. Floyd could fight the same way he did Saturday yet look far more exciting in doing so. Khan would rush him repeatedly (and likely be floored numerous times in the process).

4. Pacquiao is busy. Marquez, too. Golden Boy are unlikely to throw Garcia to the lions just yet.

Pacquiao and Marquez are set to take on Rios and Bradley later this year. The Top Rank-GBP war would prove a huge barrier to those fights taking place had they been free in any case.

5. The Alvarez fight will be bigger next year.

Floyd may decide to round out his Showtime deal against "Canelo". It would be the perfect way to go out. Alvarez seems likely to take on Cotto next.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Why Khan Will Be Next For Floyd Empty Re: Why Khan Will Be Next For Floyd

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 11:26 am

What a good choice it would be too....I think Khan gives him trouble..........

Taller...Faster...with a good jab.....Think he offers more skill than any other opponent.

Remains to be seen what Manny has left anyway.....

Problem is when Khan gets caught.............

Good fight while it lasts...

Disagree with the knockout bit though..........Floyd fights are like Rolling Stones concerts people want to enjoy a once in a lifetime performer while they can.............

Like leonard mark 2..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 07 May 2013, 11:32 am

It would be exciting while it lasted. Khan will give Mayweather something to think about with his speed and wont stand in range without throwing shots. Probably take Floyd a few rounds to time him then its all over.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 11:40 am

Maybe Khan being in a fight where he is expected to lose.........Can focus his mind and help him produce a career-high performance..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Tue 07 May 2013, 11:48 am

No point in floyd taking it he will get zero credit adds nothing! Khan is too easy to hit for someone like floyd alltho I agree the first half of the fight would be amazing

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 07 May 2013, 11:49 am

I actually think Khan has a great chance to win.

He won't get tagged with that right hand lead like the Ghost and will be more mobile.

Khan wants this fight badley, so badley. Something I just don't like about him he needs a big performance first to deserve it.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 11:52 am

I agree he has the attributes to cause trouble and like I said he'll know he can't coast..which has been his problem..........

I'd like Floyd to stay at 147..........Some folk on here were moaning at Duva for chucking Taylor in at 150 against Norris (140-150) when for some reason they are dying to see Floyd get it on with Canelo (130-154)..

Strange that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 11:52 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Maybe Khan being in a fight where he is expected to lose.........Can focus his mind and help him produce a career-high performance..
Doubtful, he is what he is and he's simply not good enough to beat Mayweather. Stick in the first phase of Eddie Hearn's Prizefighter and Khan would win 3-0. However, Championship fights are over 12 rounds and A/ Khan isn't disciplined enough to box smart for 12 rounds and B/ Floyd is too good to not figure out a way to get to him.

Chances are Khan's early success will go to his head and he'll start to stay in the pocket a little longer than at the start of the fight. Floyd may even feign a little distress in order to lure Khan in and then counter his head off. However long Floyd decides to wait, it won't take very long before the fight ends. Only reason it MAY go 12 rounds is that if the fight makes a fortune, FLoyd won't want to spoil his chances of coming over to the UK and making more cash by beating the tar out of one of our brightest lights

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 07 May 2013, 12:13 pm

I think it could well be between Khan and Garcia. I would make Garcia slightly more of a favourite. He is an easy nights work, even in relation to Khan. He is another unbeaten scalp that will probably be on the cusp on the Ring magazines top ten pound for pound. And he has that Hispanic heritage which Mayweather loves his opponents to have. I think Golden Boy would be willing to risk Garcia because his stock probably wont get any higher now and he could easily lose to a Matthysse or a Peterson. So they may as well cash in now. Heres hoping its Alvarez though. Another year Alvarez might struggle to make 154 and be forced up and without any really appealing other fights at 154 outside of Mayweather.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:21 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I think it could well be between Khan and Garcia. I would make Garcia slightly more of a favourite. He is an easy nights work, even in relation to Khan. He is another unbeaten scalp that will probably be on the cusp on the Ring magazines top ten pound for pound. And he has that Hispanic heritage which Mayweather loves his opponents to have. I think Golden Boy would be willing to risk Garcia because his stock probably wont get any higher now and he could easily lose to a Matthysse or a Peterson. So they may as well cash in now. Heres hoping its Alvarez though. Another year Alvarez might struggle to make 154 and be forced up and without any really appealing other fights at 154 outside of Mayweather.

I actually have a feeling he's going to fight Trout next. Allow him to fight at 154 and can gauge how well he deals with him opposed to Canelo and sets up 5 May 2014 fight in Vegas. Might be wrong but think it would make sense.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:27 pm

Jessie vargas is 22-0 and an upcoming welter why not give him a shot.....

After all..........No need for Mayweather to take on p4pers every fight.........

Chavez fought Holigan types, Leonard fought Finch typres, Whittaker fought Ramirez types...........Hagler fought 99% garbage..

Let's give him an easy fight....for a change like other champions.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 12:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Jessie vargas is 22-0 and an upcoming welter why not give him a shot.....

After all..........No need for Mayweather to take on p4pers every fight.........

Chavez fought Holigan types, Leonard fought Finch typres, Whittaker fought Ramirez types...........Hagler fought 99% garbage..

Cue "Mayweather's "Bum of the Month" threads.

BTW that's "Bum of the Month" as in every month he faces someone considered to be not very good or "a bum" as opposed to the award he won whilst he was in prison.

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:30 pm

Wouldn't look good though publicity wise, and Floyds team will know this, i.e fight a guy who has just lost to a guy everyone wants you to fight.
Plus it will make the fight against Canelo look like obvious ducking as the weight would no longer be able to be cited as a reason for the fight not taking place.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Jessie vargas is 22-0 and an upcoming welter why not give him a shot.....

Isn't Vargas being promoted by Floyd? Floyd said in a press conference before that Khan has to fight Vargas before getting a shot at him.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 07 May 2013, 12:31 pm

Can't see Floyd fighting Trout seeing as he's coming off a loss.

Vargas is floyd's boy. He manages him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:32 pm

aja424 wrote:Wouldn't look good though publicity wise, and Floyds team will know this, i.e fight a guy who has just lost to a guy everyone wants you to fight.
Plus it will make the fight against Canelo look like obvious ducking as the weight would no longer be able to be cited as a reason for the fight not taking place.

He'll allow Canelo to announce a fight first and then say that the fight couldn't be made. Sets it up perfect for Cinqo de Mayo.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:34 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

BTW that's "Bum of the Month" as in every month he faces someone considered to be not very good or "a bum" as opposed to the award he won whilst he was in prison.

Ramirez, Haugen, Gamache, Mcgirt, Nazario Nelson (135 his one and only fight there!!).............Let's be honest Dave If he's ranked below a guy that beat this kind of crud and lost four times.....

Beating Alvarez isn't going to change anything..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 12:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Ramirez, Haugen, Gamache, Mcgirt, Nazario Nelson (135 his one and only fight there!!).............Let's be honest Dave If he's ranked below a guy that beat this kind of crud and lost four times.....

Beating Alvarez isn't going to change anything..
Fair point....anyone asked Ricky Burns if he fancies jumping up in weight of if Gavin Rees is up for it?

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 07 May 2013, 12:42 pm

Yawwwnn! No one has even mentioned anything with regards to ducking a certain someone etc on this thread. You've mentioned it yourself and then began to argue with nobody! Utter tripe Truss, give it a rest and stick to the point of the thread!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 07 May 2013, 12:44 pm

Where does one go to get broken records fixed these days?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 12:45 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Yawwwnn! No one has even mentioned anything with regards to ducking a certain someone etc on this thread. You've mentioned it yourself and then began to argue with nobody! Utter tripe Truss, give it a rest and stick to the point of the thread!

Not often I defend TRUSS on here but read this

aja424 wrote:
Wouldn't look good though publicity wise, and Floyds team will know this, i.e fight a guy who has just lost to a guy everyone wants you to fight.

now unless TRUSS has yet another alias.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:46 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Yawwwnn! No one has even mentioned anything with regards to ducking a certain someone etc on this thread. You've mentioned it yourself and then began to argue with nobody! Utter tripe Truss, give it a rest and stick to the point of the thread!

Fair point Ozzy - Isn't Khan not lined up to fight Lucas/Garcia et al tournament winner in December though. I think Khan going to 147 while struggling with power at 140 would be madness until he gets his defense sorted. I actually think Khan's defense opposed to chin is actually the problem.

Last edited by Pedro147 on Tue 07 May 2013, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:46 pm

Record gets broken...when he gets the respect he deserves..

How many times in the last 30 years has a boxer beaten a fellow p4per....??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 07 May 2013, 12:46 pm

Showtime aren't going to give him $32mil base purse for Vargas

Everyone brings up Khan's handspeed as a problem for Floyd but I just don't see it. Floyd has fought lots of fast handed fighters and managed to deal with them easily enough. Barring maybe Judah, Guerrero was faster than any of khan's opponents. Add that he doesn't hold the power, skill or durability that the fast boxers that Mayweather that've already fought have then there's no chance that Khan will be a legitimate threat

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:48 pm

Full of hypocrites this place Dave..............

Whittaker is higher but no one has a valid reason for him being so..

Didn't flash his money around..probably..

Just snorted coke instead!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 07 May 2013, 12:49 pm

Just snorted coke instead!!

Which, literally speaking, would make him higher.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:51 pm

Surprised at you being a lawyer......

Thought you would appreciate my total destruction of the Whittaker case.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 07 May 2013, 12:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I agree he has the attributes to cause trouble and like I said he'll know he can't coast..which has been his problem..........

I'd like Floyd to stay at 147..........Some folk on here were moaning at Duva for chucking Taylor in at 150 against Norris (140-150) when for some reason they are dying to see Floyd get it on with Canelo (130-154)..

Strange that..

DAVE - Think you will find he posted this first...and has then gone on to mention and discuss names from a previous thread (2 in fact) where the same arguments/disagreements/bickerings have occurred for the past 3 days. There is no need for it especially when it often results in the thread being hijacked and turned into yet another Mayweather debate! I wouldn't mind but he started off by talking about the topic then typically reverted to type. Stick to discussing the idea Khan could be his next opponent or if not why and who else could get a shot!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:54 pm

Dispute facts or pushoff.....little boy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:55 pm

How can putting people right be hijacking a thread.............

4 top 10 p4pers.........15 years at the top...........unbeaten........7 overall top 10 p4pers on his record.....

How does Whittaker compare to that??

Tell me how???????????/

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 12:57 pm

Oscar is desperate to knock Floyd off his perch and is prepared to move Heaven and Earth to get this done, if not Khan, Alvarez....if not Alvarez, he'll sign someone else. He's like boxing's Captain Ahab.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 07 May 2013, 12:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Surprised at you being a lawyer......

As someone said on the other thread, it's not the argument that is the problem, its the manner in which the argument is being made. There's a very good case for having Floyd ahead of Whitaker but it can be made without exaggerating how bad Whitaker's opponents were and ignoring the fact that at least a couple of those losses on his record were clearly undeserved.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Surprised at you being a lawyer......

Maybe that's because you're the only one that saw one?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:59 pm

Tragic isn't it...........That's what happens when you don't own the premier magnet..........

Used to happen with King all the time...........

Tophat this is the boxing section..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 07 May 2013, 1:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:How can putting people right be hijacking a thread.............

4 top 10 p4pers.........15 years at the top...........unbeaten........7 overall top 10 p4pers on his record.....

How does Whittaker compare to that??

Tell me how???????????/

Consider this thread officially hijacked. Rolling Eyes

Bring back D4........

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 07 May 2013, 1:01 pm

I've disputed points with regards to that argument with you numerous times in the past 3 days, as have plenty of others. It was all done on a thread relevant to the argument...and also on another which had no relevance to it yet was hijacked. Your attempting to do the same thing again here by mentioning names and bringing out quips just to get an argument going about it again. Your even retorting to imaginary posts in order to do it! It's getting tedious and was long ago unimaginative.

People do not want you hijacking every thread and turning it into the same recycled rubbish that you continue to post (I mean rubbish as in saying the same stuff in different threads over and over, not what your actually saying as that's your opinion....

Either stick to the thread topic or go elsewhere....heck if it would please you more go start your own thread about Mayweather where you can retort to yourself till your hearts content whilst everyone else discusses other issues within boxing!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 1:01 pm

Dispute it.....Or hit and run..like a good moderator....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 1:03 pm

You haven't disputed anything..........

Hatton - Didn't fancy it..

delaHoya - Had a headache....

That's all you said....Leave it out..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 07 May 2013, 1:11 pm

I think I will pass as it has nothing to do with the thread and unlike you I can discuss things which don't revolve around Mayweather or his PPV worth or his all time standing!

If you can find the post where I said both of those things then either your a magician or you have been hacking into my account.

Your unimaginative yet even worse your the definition of a 'Forum Regurgitator' so we have to listen to the same dull stuff over and over again. I know I can't possibly be the only one who is getting pretty fed up of your antics over the past few days...whilst this may be a forum which encourages debate...it is not supposed to be one which is taken over by the same debate time and time again. There are enough of those on the web without turning this into one of them.

Whilst I would love to FOE you, since you more or less post your drivel on every single thread which comes about, doing so would mean I have nowhere to go talk about boxing with level headed people who are neither stubborn nor pig headed so for the time being I shall just have to ensure my eyes miss your posts and concentrate on those who are willing to have a reasoned debate about stuff other than Mayweather.

You are a class A clown!

Apologies to hazharrison for ranting on your thread mate. I will come back and discuss the topic issue in a while.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 1:13 pm

Brits are funny people..

I've been put in my place a few times on here by Windmill mostly (great moderator) and I hold my hands up..

But as soon as you ask someone to formulate an argument these days of any substance (more than every Mayweather opponent didn't fancy it or had a headache) you get people like ozzy crying or a moderator wumming......

Where is the juice....Man....Where is the juice...

I apologise If my style is too abrasive but this is what it's like back home...

People aren't pansy-butts..

CLASS A clown = Rebuttal.. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 07 May 2013, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 07 May 2013, 1:15 pm

Your getting boring now, you dont have to hijack every single thread to make your point, we know what you think and by keeping on it'll just turn people agaisnt you and Floyd

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 1:19 pm

Just looking for someone to post anything substantive instead of BS..........That's jealousy driven..

I back my arguments up and expect people to do the same..

That's why people like you disappoint me so regularly..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 07 May 2013, 1:20 pm

WHU

What is the issue here.

Is this not a forum????

How can TRUSS be hijacking a thread when it is OPEN to debate?

TRUSS has valued views on this forum and I for 1 look forward to them.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 07 May 2013, 1:20 pm

I'll say what I said earlier Truss, I have no problem with your opinion. You are entitled to it and much of it is fair reason. I have said as much on other threads. Your problem is that you generalise everyone when they have even the slightest dispute with your claims and you take your opinion on the same issue and post it or at least make some kind of indirect quip to it in all manner of threads on the forum...thus 'hijacking' it.

I will have debates with you about the topic subject your referring to in a thread which is created for that topic. I am more than happy to do that...as shown by the fact I have on other threads. I will not do it on a thread which has been created to discuss something else.

I've said before, when you want you can post some good stuff and to be quite honest I expect nothing less than an abrasive style from an American (I don't mean that in a bad way)...I just don't see why when you get an agenda on something you won't just let it drop and stick to discussing it where it should be discussed. Instead of trawling through other threads and posting irrelevant things to get the same argument going again!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 07 May 2013, 1:24 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:I'll say what I said earlier Truss, I have no problem with your opinion. You are entitled to it and much of it is fair reason. I have said as much on other threads. Your problem is that you generalise everyone when they have even the slightest dispute with your claims and you take your opinion on the same issue and post it or at least make some kind of indirect quip to it in all manner of threads on the forum...thus 'hijacking' it.

I will have debates with you about the topic subject your referring to in a thread which is created for that topic. I am more than happy to do that...as shown by the fact I have on other threads. I will not do it on a thread which has been created to discuss something else.

I've said before, when you want you can post some good stuff and to be quite honest I expect nothing less than an abrasive style from an American (I don't mean that in a bad way)...I just don't see why when you get an agenda on something you won't just let it drop and stick to discussing it where it should be discussed. Instead of trawling through other threads and posting irrelevant things to get the same argument going again!

Wrong wrong wrong

TRUSS is sharing his views and putting forward a view that may run counter to yours but whenever TRUSS does so he backs it up with facts just take a look at the thread he does not just state things. Lets respect his views he is a well informed poster.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 May 2013, 1:25 pm

Interesting piece..........In the last few minutes my stock has risen from Class A Clown....

We'll call it off.. I am too stubborn..

.........But I will say I'd have no problem with Pernell being above Floyd If there was any criteria he was ahead of Floyd on..........But hey..

Us Roxbury boys ONETWO!! Cool

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 07 May 2013, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 1:26 pm

Anyone got any Savlon for ONETWO? Lord only knows what he's likely to catch with his tongue so far up TRUSS's butt!

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 07 May 2013, 1:28 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Anyone got any Savlon for ONETWO? Lord only knows what he's likely to catch with his tongue so far up TRUSS's butt!

Real class there DAVE.

I can take it too.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 07 May 2013, 1:31 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:WHU

What is the issue here.

Is this not a forum????

How can TRUSS be hijacking a thread when it is OPEN to debate?

TRUSS has valued views on this forum and I for 1 look forward to them.

Yea its a place for debate not for vendetta's which TRUSS has been showing recently. It's about opinions and TRUSS isn't listening or acknowledging anyone's. Cool, he thinks Floyd is top 10 and deserves some easy fights, no problem with that if he believes that. But doesn't mean he has to attack people's responses against him.
Everyone who disagree's with him has made good arguments for there points

Every Floyd thread ends in the same argument and its been done to death so there's no need to carry on. His views have been said, he's not saying anything new

Truss is a very good poster but I think that he should just relax on the Floyd threads. It started on Khan then he quickly started talking about Duran etc

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 07 May 2013, 1:32 pm

Onetwo - I'm not saying he doesn't....I am saying HE DOESN'T NEED TO DISCUSS THAT SUBJECT ON EVERY SINGLE THREAD HE POSTS ON...hopefully the capital letters make that line nice and easy for you to read!

Truss - Apologies for the 'class a clown' comment...late night and early morning followed by this! As I said I respect your right to an opinion and you do at least state reasons why you hold that view. All I am saying is you need to stop posting about the same topic, you know which one im talking about, on every single thread you come onto. It doesn't add anything to the thread and if you want to continue discussing it then you can do so on the previous thread which was being used for that specific debate.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next