The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd, Manny & Khan

+8
Eyetoldyouso
Seanusarrilius
huw
eddyfightfan
Scottrf
Rowley
Michaels, Sean
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
12 posters

Go down

Floyd, Manny & Khan Empty Floyd, Manny & Khan

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 16:03

Hello lads....and Pauline

After whats left of the dust finally settles after a superb weekend for boxing forums in respect of the big talking point of Mayweather vs Ortiz, we can begin to put the focus into the next gear to establish who is next up for Prettyboy Floyd.

Now personally, I think its going to be a big ask for the main fight we want to see with Manny what with Floyd thinking he IS "the Sport of Boxing" as he likes to say and Manny having such a big head in two respects,

1:He swans around from TV show to TV show like a Rock Star and is so caught up in his own hype (just like Floyd) that he doesnt like being told what to do.

2: He just has a big massive head.

This fight will take a miracle to get on.

the other fight outside of this is with Khan. Now this fight IMO will no happen anytime soon either. With the reasoning being that Khan and Mayweather are just too greedy. Khan so far has fought people who have too accept his team's terms or they don't get a fight. This will be the first time Amir will be facing somebody with more bargaining power, a better reputation, bigger fan base etc. From what we have seen from Team Khan so far with negoiations, they aren't the best of people to strike a deal with. EG: "we offered Bradley 50% of the UK sales" when in fact Khan's UK sales are woeful.

So outside of that I think we are gonna see Floyd disappear for another 1-2 years which is really frustrating for the Sport as a whole.

Do you think Floyd will fight either of these two next or do you see another retirement?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Floyd, Manny & Khan Empty Re: Floyd, Manny & Khan

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 16:08

I think it'll be a race between Pacman and FMJ to get a fight with Bradley.

Which quite frankly is a farce.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 16:12

To be honest Reborn I am past the point of caring, everyone knows unless they go up about fifteen weights there is nobody that will push either Manny or Floyd close and yet the fight between the two looks no more likely to happen than ever was the case. Pathetic state of affairs and an embarrasment to all involved.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 16:12

What about a mini tournament.

Pacquiao-Bradley
Mayweather-Khan

Winners/losers facing.

© Scottrf 2011

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 16:32

khans got peterson towards the end of this year, then you would imagine he'd want a least one fight to get used to fighting at 147. which will be another 3 months at least, so for him to fight mayweather he would need to be inactive for another 6 months at least. manny will be availible soon after he fights JMM so both manny and floyd will be looking for a fight around the same time, i think it might happen as neither have any crediable opponents unless they fight martinez or alvarez at a higher weight. i dont think bradley can fight yet either, and would he really want to jump into a fight with either of those after a long period of absense.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 16:35

I think the Khan fight could happen as I think his team will concede on their demands for the chance to beat Mayweather.

Khan faces Mayweather and win or lose at a young fighter he becomes accepted as being on that level which will be reflected in future purses.

Either that or he'll price himself out and claim Floyd is ducking him!!

This brings me to another point, is the internet ruining boxing? We seem to be included in every negotiation that ever happens now where as in the past we would just be told when the fight is due to happen.

This is makes it seem like nobody wants to fight anymore, when in reality negotiations have always broken down in the past, only difference being that back then we didn't even know negotiations were taking place.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 17:29

khan would take mayweather if he could get hm. I like to think that we will get Khan Mayweather Pac Bradley then Mayweather Bradley. I am certain Arum is going to match Bradley and Pac so what i put above is the best scenario for fans.

Khan would accept anywhere from 3million up to fight floy surely. maybe 4 if he can generate the Brtish interest. Thats way more than ever before

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 17:36

R-D-R
"EG: "we offered Bradley 50% of the UK sales" when in fact Khan's UK sales are woeful."
And Bradley's are - SFA. Also I think that you are mistaken. Khan would generate large UK sales if he was to fight Bradley & unite the division.

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 17:47

From how its playd out over the last few years I dont think ego, at least on the part of Pacquiao has had a huge amount to do with the fight not happening.

I just think neither fighter is overly enthusiastic about making it happen. They can both make huge amounts in much less risky fights and neither guy has seemed to concerned about the fight not happening. Ayweather tows the "I dont need him" and "take the test" line while Pacquaio sits behind the "I fight whoever y prometer picks" and "why should I take the test" reasons. It looks to me like both guys are content with the state of affaris. Mayweather is only semi active and anticipation for his comeback bouts are generally increased by the prospect of him facing Pacquiao after. Pacquaio is happy taking care of business in Mayweathers abscence. Given the money at stake, there is no real reason for the fight not to have happened unless the camps simply are not too bothered. Even if Pacquiao agreed to testing Im not convinced the rest of the negotiations would be smooth at any rate.

I think Khan will realise if he wants the Mayweather fight he will have to come cap in hand to some extent. Mayweather is just as happy taking a year or two off or fighting someone else so Khan will have very little leverage if he tries to play hardball on contracts. How much he wants the fight wil depend on what he is willing to concede but with Mayweather prone to vanish for extended periods I think if he genuinely wants the fight he will make the sacrifice for what would still be a financially huge earner for him.

Mayweather v Khan makes the most sense to me at present as its an opportunity for both camps to have a kind of test run so to speak. Mayweather would have the chance to fight a Roach trained fighter who works closely with Pacquaio while the Pacquaio team get to have a trial run at Mayweather.

Its still very difficult to say how things will go though but the feeling I get is that Mayweather v Pacquaio is not really any closer given Mayweathers reactions after the fight. However as Pacquiao is currently preparing I think it will only be after the Marquez fight that we will really se the level of intent from both teams.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 19:09

Both fighters are making excellent money fighting guys they will beat pretty comfortably so I can't see it happening until their past it and no one is as interested.

I do think however that Khan will be Floyds next fight. He's the most credible opponent with the exception to Manny.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 11:27

Any chance of Bradley fighting Mayweather rather than Khan?

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 11:42

prettyboykev wrote:Both fighters are making excellent money fighting guys they will beat pretty comfortably so I can't see it happening until their past it and no one is as interested.

I do think however that Khan will be Floyds next fight. He's the most credible opponent with the exception to Manny.

Isn't it funny how times change, suggesting this even six months ago would have been considered stupidity.

Has Khan's talking up of this (which he gets slated for) been part of everyone now feeling that this is a good fight?

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 12:40

huw wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Both fighters are making excellent money fighting guys they will beat pretty comfortably so I can't see it happening until their past it and no one is as interested.

Isn't it funny how times change, suggesting this even six months ago would have been considered stupidity.

Has Khan's talking up of this (which he gets slated for) been part of everyone now feeling that this is a good fight?

No, No, No,

I think you'll find he was getting slated for stating he was ready to beat Manny and Floyd at a stage where he had fought absolutely nobody of note. But I think there is a little credibility in his requests now having fought Paulie, Maidana and Judah. Hatton got a fight for having similar fights against B-Level and shot fighters so I can't see why Khan can't.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 13:02

If Mayweather offered Khan the fight straight after Peterson, I reckon Khan would duck it.

He mouths off and then when asked about it he changes to wanting fight him in 2-3 fights time which in Mayweather's case will simply never happen or in a few years time.

I can't see Floyd vs Manny ever happening and ignoring the the big fight as i don't think either fighter deserves more attention over it i would like to see Khan fight both Floyd and Manny to see them against a young fast fighter but the Manny fight will never happen and would like to see both retire if the fight isn't made.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down