The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd & Manny Spoke: Floyd Rejected 50/50 Split!

+20
TopHat24/7
manos de piedra
AlexHuckerby
owen10ozzy
Adam D
TRUSSMAN66
The genius of PBF
Fists of Fury
Mark2011
Lance
hogey
BoxingFan88
The Galveston Giant
azania
oxring
tcribb
Imperial Ghosty
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Valero's Conscience
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Floyd & Manny Spoke: Floyd Rejected 50/50 Split! Empty Floyd & Manny Spoke: Floyd Rejected 50/50 Split!

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Link below to Boxingscene article.

Basically Floyd says Manny asked for a 50/50 split and Floyd said no it can't happen!

It doesn't say weather Manny agreed to May 5th or any other date but this is extremely dissapointing from Floyd!

It's not that i'm suprised by this from Floyd but regardless if Floyd makes a sells a few more PPV's than Manny, he knows a 50/50 has to happen!

Disapointed Floyd, disapointed Sad

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-rejects-pacquiaos-50-50-proposal-5--48745

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Floyd & Manny Spoke: Floyd Rejected 50/50 Split! Empty Re: Floyd & Manny Spoke: Floyd Rejected 50/50 Split!

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Easy answer give em 40% each the extra 20 goes to the winner.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Floyd & Manny Spoke: Floyd Rejected 50/50 Split! Empty Re: Floyd & Manny Spoke: Floyd Rejected 50/50 Split!

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:08 pm

rowley wrote:Easy answer give em 40% each the extra 20 goes to the winner.

I think that's the answer for any fights where fighters don't want to budge but I never see this happen with fights, why?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:09 pm

100% to the winner. Make em give us a fight worth all this bloody will they won't they crap.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:11 pm

It would, in a dream world be good if there was a world wide protest over the 2 and no one bought PPV's for both of their next fights but like I said, a dream world.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:11 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:
rowley wrote:Easy answer give em 40% each the extra 20 goes to the winner.

I think that's the answer for any fights where fighters don't want to budge but I never see this happen with fights, why?

absolutely no idea mate, but for me in a fight like this would make perfect sense, extra motivation for both and neither needs to dent their ego by taking the short end initially.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:21 pm

Agree that Mayweather deserves a bigger share of the purse but it's yet another thing getting in the way of it happening.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Floyd doesn't want the fight

Bob doesn't want the fight

Manny doesnt want the fight !

It's as simple as that.

Just announce a couple of opponents and get on with it, the boxing world is unbelievably tired of this subject. I find talking about Audleys latest comeback more stimulating, it's grew that tedious.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:40 pm

tcribb wrote:Floyd doesn't want the fight

Bob doesn't want the fight

Manny doesnt want the fight !

It's as simple as that.

Just announce a couple of opponents and get on with it, the boxing world is unbelievably tired of this subject. I find talking about Audleys latest comeback more stimulating, it's grew that tedious.

Amen to that, we spend ages on here debating why the popularity of the sport is on the wane, is it the UFC, is it the lack of terrestrial TV coverage, is it the proliferation of belts, is it too many divisions, all possible but just maybe it could be the fact that the two best fighters in the world have spent two years being unable to decide how to divide up over $100m.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Yay!! More news on the Manny/Floyd saga! This time Floyd ducking! Lets have another 10 pages of discussion on who is most to blame!

I'll just check my agenda to see when I have time...probably just below castrate myself with a potato peeler and just above impale myself on a particularly blunt stake.

The world, let alone the boxing world, has tired of this drivel.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 pm

oxring wrote:Yay!! More news on the Manny/Floyd saga! This time Floyd ducking! Lets have another 10 pages of discussion on who is most to blame!

I'll just check my agenda to see when I have time...probably just below castrate myself with a potato peeler and just above impale myself on a particularly blunt stake.

The world, let alone the boxing world, has tired of this drivel.

Want me to join in?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Peeling willies eh Azania - So thats where you get your debating style from Wink

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:06 pm

If i was in charge of the T.V companies i would tell them i'm not interested in the fight or any of their future fights and that they can go seek attention from someone who's bothered, i cannot respect someone who blatantly stalls a fight for a few years to test the water. Mayweather is a great boxer but that doesn't stop him being a complete dickhead.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:17 pm

I have been in Floyd's court for the past few weeks, if he won't give Manny the 50/50 split (which he thoroughly deserves), then Mayweather is the one who is stopping the fight from happening.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:34 pm

If thats true then its clear that Floyd really does not want the fight, the money involved would mindblowing and a 50/50 is clearly the fair way to do things with a fight involving the 2 biggest names in boxing. Things would be easier if Floyd possessed a bit Manny's class as a human being.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:34 pm

neither want the fight. they can both earn almost as much fighting easier opponents and taking a higher cut. the only reason to fight is for their legacy, but judging by some of the opponents both have taken on over the past two years i dont think they are interested in that.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark2011 Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Doubt this fight will ever happen to be honest.

Mark2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Nobody deserves a bigger share of the purse. They're the two biggest boxers on the planet, it should be 50/50 or the other should rightly say 'no, sorry'.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Does Mayweather deserve a bigger share? Yes
Should he ask for a bigger share though? No

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Think Rowleys is fair

40% each and winner gets the extra 20% - will also reveal who is ducking who. Also Pacquiao said he would take a pay cut only last week if it meant that Floyd would fight him or did I make that up?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:56 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/ellerbe-on-mayweather-pacquiao-arum-schaefer-canelo--48686

Read the answer from the last question asked and you will know why the might not happen.

Bob Arum is the main reason why the fight didn't happen in 2010, 2011 and probably May 2012.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:18 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:http://www.boxingscene.com/ellerbe-on-mayweather-pacquiao-arum-schaefer-canelo--48686

Read the answer from the last question asked and you will know why the might not happen.

Bob Arum is the main reason why the fight didn't happen in 2010, 2011 and probably May 2012.

Doesn't tell us anything new, other than Leonard Ellerbe blaming Bob Arum. What's new is that Floyd, in a phone call to Manny, refused 50/50.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:26 pm

oxring wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:http://www.boxingscene.com/ellerbe-on-mayweather-pacquiao-arum-schaefer-canelo--48686

Doesn't tell us anything new, other than Leonard Ellerbe blaming Bob Arum. What's new is that Floyd, in a phone call to Manny, refused 50/50.

Falling for more of Bob Arum's excuses... laughing

Didn't Manny say he would accept less of the purse a few weeks ago...How would you know what Mayweather said to Manny?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:30 pm

How then using that very logic would you know the content of the phone call, truth is none of us know the true ins and outs.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:How then using that very logic would you know the content of the phone call, truth is none of us know the true ins and outs.

Did I come out and say what was in the phone call?...very easy to read between the lines when Bob Arum keeps moving the goalpost...the boxing media have begun to realise this and turn on Arum.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:42 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:How then using that very logic would you know the content of the phone call, truth is none of us know the true ins and outs.

Did I come out and say what was in the phone call?...very easy to read between the lines when Bob Arum keeps moving the goalpost...the boxing media have begun to realise this and turn on Arum.

Neither side is innocent in all of this, agree that Arum appears to be the main protagonist but Mayweather is also to blame.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:03 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
oxring wrote:

Didn't Manny say he would accept less of the purse a few weeks ago...How would you know what Mayweather said to Manny?

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=30429&more=1

Tend to just listen to what the fighters say pbf. Floyd said it. Unless you're saying your boy's lying...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:14 pm

oxring wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:
oxring wrote:

Tend to just listen to what the fighters say pbf. Floyd said it. Unless you're saying your boy's lying...

There is no confirmation of Floyd Mayweather saying no 50/50..."we have Mayweather apparently refusing to accept a 50-50 purse split"...Your making it out like a fact when it is all hearsay oxy...even Dan Rafael a guy that works for ESPN has doubts about the email.

Your boy Manny said he would take less of the purse a few weeks back unless you say your hero is lying...Dont you think Bob Arum would have come out and said this when he confirmed Pacquiao and Mayweather spoke on the phone if it was true?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:17 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
oxring wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:
oxring wrote:

There is no confirmation of Floyd Mayweather saying no 50/50..."we have Mayweather apparently refusing to accept a 50-50 purse split"...Your making it out like a fact when it is all hearsay oxy...even Dan Rafael a guy that works for ESPN has doubts about the email.

Your boy Manny said he would take less of the purse a few weeks back unless you say your hero is lying...Dont you think Bob Arum would have come out and said this when he confirmed Pacquiao and Mayweather spoke on the phone if it was true?

??????

“He asked about a 50-50 split and I told him no, that can’t happen, but what can happen is you can make more money fighting me than you have made in your career,” Mayweather said on Sportscentre. “I also let him know I’m in control on my side but he needs to get on the same page as his promoter so we can make this fight happen.”
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Like I said that "email" has not been confirmed..."Mayweather said on Sportscentre"...Mayweather did not give a live interview on sportscentre...Why would Mayweather email some random guy on ESPN?...think about it oxy.

Dont you think Arum would have come out and said this if it was true?...read between the lines like azumah on here has...take your time oxy Cool

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:32 pm

Obviously everything bad said about Mayweather is false but everything bad said about Pacquiao and Arum is true, could you also provide a link where Pacquiao is on film saying he'd accept less than 50/50?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:38 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-shocker-ill-take-less-money-mayweather--47468

Will try and find it on film for you ghosty, Hope you can understand his language.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:43 pm

Why don't we have Mayweather as the coward Monday..Paccy as the coward Tuesday ...and then alternate it !!!

Hope they both retire and just leave the Boxing world alone...Just get lost!!!

I'm not interested period..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:48 pm

http://www.mp8.ph/news/

Manny Pacquiao has stated, “I‘ve said this over and over before and I’m saying this again, I want Floyd Mayweather Jr. to be my next opponent and I haven’t changed my choice despite recent developments,”

“I am meeting with my promoter tomorrow (Tuesday) and I will insist that the fight with Mayweather be given preference than the four others in the list,”

“I don’t want some quarters to blame me if, in the long run, the fight wouldn’t push through,”

“As I have been saying many times before, I fight for the fans. I want the fans to be happy always.

“Whoever the fans want me to fight, I will face him atop the ring. I don’t choose fights. It’s my promoter who does because it’s his job. My job is to fight, everybody must realize that,”

“Whoever says I’m ducking this fighter or that fighter doesn’t know me, or just plainly wants to put me in bad light,”

“I’ve never dodged a fight. If I did, I won’t be where I am now.”

“When Arum sits in the negotiation table, he will be laying on the table all the conditions we want which, everybody knows, are simple. I will abide by his (Mayweather) demand for drug testing. I am even agreeable to getting a lesser purse just so the fight would push through. In other words, as far as my side is concerned, there will be no problem.”

“We know that Mayweather has no promoter. He negotiates by himself. So if the fight won’t be realized, it’s no longer because of me,” Pacquiao concluded.

However, Bob Arum seems to be on a different page insisting Pacquiao will not fight until June, which just happens to be after Mayweather will turn himself in for his 90 day stint in the Clark County Jail.

This on his own website good enough for you ghosty?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Interesting read.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:07 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why don't we have Mayweather as the coward Monday..Paccy as the coward Tuesday ...and then alternate it !!!

Hope they both retire and just leave the Boxing world alone...Just get lost!!!

I'm not interested period..

Spot on sir

Neither are cowards, but egotistical, cant stand with either party have last word. Rowley had a superb analysis cant seperate 100 million big ones between them, then whats the point !

Mayweather v Canelo and Pacquiao v Cotto 2, not the end of the world just accept that they're not going to fight and we can get on with it.

Why do folk have to argue and cast alliance to one party ! Both are at fault its as simple as 123
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:11 pm

So hang on - that's real whilst Mayweather's quote from sportscenter isn't?

The 50/50 issue has been around for 3/4 days now - and Mayweather hasn't denied it - in fact, the reverse.

I appreciate that you can't listen to anything bad about your "boy" - but, frankly, most reasonable people have both of them receiving some blame.

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Hope they both retire and just leave the Boxing world alone...Just get lost!!!

Absolutely agree. So much BS around this fight now that even if it did happen, it would be a disappointment.
--------------------------------
Tribb - are you seriously suggesting both men share blame? A scandalous suggestion. PBF, with his persuasive rhetoric and his eloquent, charming manner, has surely persuaded you that it is all Pacquiao and no blame lies with Floyd?

No?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi afternoon Oxring.

I think Mayweather has the larger portion to blame, I don't accept the comments what Mayweather says about Manny earning his highest purse against him, thats vice versa. There isn't a part of me that wouldn't like Manny to wipe the smirk off the intolerable Mayweather an awful person to say the least, however Manny and team haven't been completely cooperative so yes i believe are partially to blame.

Its tiresome its scandalous, and 3 years too late, its getting to the point where the result is partially irrelevant as one side will say inactivity and the other will say too many hard fights.

tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:21 pm

I appreciate that you can't listen to anything bad about your "boy" as well...So much so you scored the Marquez schooling of Pacquiao to Manny.

Big difference it came off his website compared to some random guy off ESPN getting emailed...read between the lines oxy.

Think you have read too much of D4 articles...If you read what I have said it is Bob Arum to blame not Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather.

Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather both have always wanted the fight but Bob Arum keeps preventing it.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Blaming solely Arum is nonsense mate, he stands to make an absolute racket whichever way it happens, you need to take you're tainted glasses off and accept Floyd isn't as forthcoming as you suggest.

All parties don't want as much as they say.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:30 pm

tcribb wrote:Blaming solely Arum is nonsense mate, he stands to make an absolute racket whichever way it happens, you need to take you're tainted glasses off and accept Floyd isn't as forthcoming as you suggest.

All parties don't want as much as they say.

He makes more money keeping Pacquiao in house with other fighters and doesnt have to share the revenue...Take your own advice and take the glasses off and read between the lines.

Alex Ariza part of Pacquiao's team said it was Arum that has always prevented the fight...Floyd Mayweather hasn't done anything wrong.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:38 pm

Mayweather has done a lot wrong in the past and the present stopping this fight from happening, it's not all his fault but he's still partially to blame.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:40 pm

If only you believe Bob Arum lies.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Or you use some common sense and realise that both parties are as guilty as each other?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Bob Arum is the only one to blame...What has Floyd Mayweather done wrong?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Of course Mayweather is blameless in all this, the biggest stumbling block in all this was his demands for random drug testing.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:50 pm

What's wrong with asking for random drug testing...I fail to see the problem.

Bob Arum did a wonderful job for 2 years making it look like Mayweather ducked the fight for 2 years then the media and some boxing fans finally realised that they had been fooled.

I still see some are.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Well i'm not biased towards either fighter so can see the reality of the situation, Mayweather can do no wrong in your eyes so see little point carrying on with this.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:24 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Bob Arum is the only one to blame...What has Floyd Mayweather done wrong?

Another mindless idiot in the Pacquiao and Mayweather rigmarole.

i guess Mayweather didnt hit his ex partner either.

Grow up son, he aint superman
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Christopher Reeve...will always be superman..

Funny thing is ...it doesn't matter who's ducking who...It's irrelevant!!!!!!

Hearns banged out no 1 Shuler when he didn't have to and Hagler still went for Leonard...

Who blames Hagler...no one..Boxing remembers achievements so If they don't fight...they don't fight!!

Best to leave this issue....

My opinion on who's the villian..... it's always the Butler!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next