The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst etiquette you've ever seen on a course?

+17
super_realist
Shotrock
goodwalkspoiled
Mercurio
golfermartin
McLaren
kwinigolfer
Redrage
Maverick
NedB-H
Doon the Water
navyblueshorts
beninho
George1507
barragan
Doc
drive4show
21 posters

Go down

Worst etiquette you've ever seen on a course? Empty Worst etiquette you've ever seen on a course?

Post by drive4show Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:51 pm

A few years ago I had some holiday to use up so I took a week off and played a different course each day. One of these was the Army GC in Aldershot.

I was playing as a single. 3 guys teed off in front of me and blanked me completely as they walked off the first tee so I pegged it up and followed them round. I got to about the 5th hole which is a dogleg. They had played to the corner of the dogleg and I was stood on the tee watching them play their 2nd shots. At this point, 2 ladies came off the green behind me, walked to the red tee and proceeded to tee her ball up. I very politely asked what she was doing to which she replied 'There is a ladies competition on, you need to stand aside and let us all play through because you are holding the whole course up'. I explained that the 3 guys in front were holding the course up, not me. She informed me that I had no standing on the course to which I replied that if her club are happy to take my money, as far as I'm concerned that gives me standing on the course. I had paid for a day ticket and if I'd let all these ladies play through, I wouldn't have got round 36 holes.

The outcome was I very politely told her to pick up ball up and **** right ***!

I later found out from an ex captain in the clubhouse that the club had recently changed it's rules and I DID have standing on the course Yahoo

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Worst etiquette you've ever seen on a course? Empty Re: Worst etiquette you've ever seen on a course?

Post by Doc Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:07 pm

D4S I had a similar experience about 5-years ago, when I lived close to Dunham Forest GC in Cheshire. The club isn't cheap to play and it's difficult getting a booking. I rang and was given the 3rd degree and they agreed to allow me to play, so turned up and handed over my £60. I was told to go to the visitors tee, so no problems there, except that a 4-ball walked onto the 1st (Members tee) They saw me but didn't acknowledge me and just teed off. I waited whilst they were on the green and hit a great drive, which finished up just short of the green I thought great, they're bound to let me through shortly. I finished the hole and walked to the 2nd where I was shocked to see this group just teeing off again. Nobody in front holding them up. This carried on a for a few holes, when another group caught me up. They asked to join me as they were trying to get going. One of the guys said that the president was in front and no way would he allow anyone through. By the 9th my new partners nobbed off because they wer sick of hanging around. By the 13th 3 ladies caught me up and told me I had to let them through because they were playing a comp. A short while later I had the same happen with another group and then again.This round took me 7 hours + I vowed never to return, because they were the biggest bunch of ignorant fookers I had ever come across.

Doc

Back to top Go down

Worst etiquette you've ever seen on a course? Empty Re: Worst etiquette you've ever seen on a course?

Post by barragan Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:15 pm

when i was 10, i attended my older cousins wedding which was held at royal musselburgh golf club and my 4 year old little brother did a poo in a fairway bunker on the 18th hole. he did have the courtsey to bury it, but its still probably the poo-rest ettiquette i've come across to date. [we discovered later that he also picked up a ball and buried it next to the jobbie].

Last edited by ban_bam on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:18 pm

All clubs should post a notice in 50 point Times Roman pointing out that the R&A changed the rules regarding the standing of singletons on the course years ago. Single players do have standing, and should be waved through by any group in front of them. Apart from anything else, it's very uncomfortable having someone waiting on every shot behind you.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:21 pm

i played a game last wednesday as a single player and was waived through by no less than 5 fourballs over the course of my 2h 45min round ! ! ! probably wouldn't happen at a weekend though.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by not having standing on the course? Never heard that phrase before.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:27 pm

ban_bam wrote:when i was 10, i attended my older cousins wedding which was held at royal musselburgh golf club and my 4 year old little brother did a poo in a fairway bunker on the 18th hole. he did have the courtsey to bury it, but its still probably the poo-rest ettiquette i've come across to date. [we discovered later that he also picked up a ball and buried it next to the jobbie].

laughing laughing laughing
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:36 pm

i remember one tuesday game. we'd finished the 12th and walked onto the 13th tee to discover that a ladies threesome had jumped over from the 3rd and were in the process of teeing up. one of the older guys in our group tee'd up shouted 'fore' and proceeded to nail it straight over the top of their heads. he and the ladies then had a lengthy and pointless argument about who had the correct standing on the course / on that particular hole. the ladies arguing they had priority because it was ladies day, and our man saying that this only applied to the first tee, and that they had neglected their 'right' when they jumped off the correct sequence of holes and they had no right to barge infront of any game.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:42 pm

beninho wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by not having standing on the course? Never heard that phrase before.

'Standing' means your right to play and hold your position on the course. It used to be that single players had no standing, meaning that a single player waiting to tee off on the first tee had to give way if a 2, 3 or 4 ball approached before he could hit. However that was changed (about) 10 years ago, now single players do have standing. HOWEVER - obviously a single player can not be participating in a competition, so if there is competition going on, then singletons can get bumped.

Considerate members should always let single players go though. They aren't likely to hold you up.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:25 pm

Home Park GC in Surrey for me.

When I played there in the 1970's it was a strange mix of members club/ public course [ it is on Crown land at Hampton Court]
At that time the members had teeing off rights over the visitors so you could be teeing off the first and a group of members could come along and demand to be allowed priority.
The members then were a obnoxious bunch of peasant snobs.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:48 pm

I played at Westonbirt in Gloucestershire a few years ago, 9 hole unstaffed track where you drop your green fees in an honesty box. A hole or two ahead were a group wearing cutoff jeans and basketball tops, swigging from cans of Carling as they went round. They much better behaved than most of the stories on this thread though Smile

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 am

Worst etiquette. Once saw one of the lady members giving a gentleman member some pleasure on the 16th hole at gillingham when I was a junior, don't think they realised we were playing a junior league match when our 4 groups went through the 16th and saw them at it... Worst part of that was both their husband and wives respectively were also members so there on course cheating (of a different nature Whistle ) certainly got them caught out.

Other than that once played a course down in north wales Maesdu it used to host the PGA before wentworth was in a 2ball with my dad when I was about 15 as we had a family break there and we were held up from the 1st tee shot by the clubs captain and pro who had the cheek to complain visitors shouldn't be allowed but the pro was happy to take our money only 10minutes before

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:32 am

Some of the old boys at my home course seem to think they own it, they are so used to having it to themselves most of the time. I was putting on the 16th green when a 4 ball who had just finished the 7th decided they would only play 9 and wandered down to the 17th tee (right next to the 16th green). As we were holing out one of them tees up to play the 17th even though we are only 5 yards away. We shouted over and told them they would need to wait their turn. The old boy looked shocked that we hadn't let them jump through. He then muttered an apology that he hadn't seen us! Four sets of eyes, and ears and they tried to make out they didn't see or hear us, yet we were in plain sight on a green 5 yards adjacent to the tee - they would have been looking right at us as the made their way to it!

The annoying thing is you end up a bit rattled from having had to confront them in the first place, which can really knock you of your stride (at least it can me). Luckily I crushed a drive but my playing partner hit a couple of sallies. It happens too often, a lot of the seniors just want to play 9 and play the holes they choose. God forbid anyone wants to play the course properly and it interferes with their usual routine.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:44 am

Redrage

You make a good point there about not wanting to confront people. It can be really offputting and annoying and really we shouldn't do anything on the course that puts people in a position where they have to confront us. I know exactly what you mean about the old boys that think they run clubs, hope I live long enough to become one of them Laugh

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:08 pm

drive4show wrote:Redrage

You make a good point there about not wanting to confront people. It can be really offputting and annoying and really we shouldn't do anything on the course that puts people in a position where they have to confront us. I know exactly what you mean about the old boys that think they run clubs, hope I live long enough to become one of them Laugh

I just turned the wrong side of 30 this week, so I am a while away from being one of those old buggers... but it's nice work if you cant get it!

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Mav,
I'm puzzled. Why does golfcourse hanky panky constitute bad etiquette?

Seems perfectly reasonable behaviour to me and I might also add that apparent British disdain for "buggys" ignores their value in such circumstances, both for "parking" and escape; far better than a "trolley" for instance, push, pull or electric.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:33 pm

Kwini

I am sure we have all engaged in a bit of golf course hanky panky and nothing wrong with that but when someone else, never mind a 14 year old, has to see it I think it constitutes bad etiquette.

Redrage

Maybe with only two holes to play these things are best left alone?

A guy I was playing with once had the cheek to crap himself.

Another thing I have seen is people letting their dogs pick up the balls of players without making much effort to a apologise.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:54 pm

Worst etiquette I ever encountered was playing in a medal. On the second hole we knocked a ball through the green couldn't find it immediately and called the group behind through. Five holes further on and one of the group now in front of us walked all the way back to the tee expecting to play three of the tee without calling us back through!

I told him in no uncertain terms what I thought of his etiquette and he walked back to the green without playing another ball rather than let us through!

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:07 pm

McLaren wrote:

Redrage

Maybe with only two holes to play these things are best left alone?

No way, It was brazen cheek, they saw us and thought, stuff them... we are playing through. I would have been more annoyed if I hadn't said anything to them. It was a matter of principle and we shouldn't have been put in that position. If we had just waited I would have been seriously annoyed at having to wait on a 4 ball that had no right to cut through for the last two holes, especially since we were only a 2 ball.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:56 pm

I have to say that seems an utter over reaction Redrage, it was hardly the most awful act ever committed. I would just have let it slide and enjoyed the leisurely pace over the final two holes.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:20 pm

drive4show wrote:I later found out from an ex captain in the clubhouse that the club had recently changed it's rules and I DID have standing on the course Yahoo
The rules of golf definitely state you have a standing on the course. I'm not sure when that changed, though.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:29 pm

George1507 wrote:All clubs should post a notice in 50 point Times Roman pointing out that the R&A changed the rules regarding the standing of singletons on the course years ago. Single players do have standing, and should be waved through by any group in front of them. Apart from anything else, it's very uncomfortable having someone waiting on every shot behind you.

I should have read the whole thread first Whistle

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:40 pm

On our Doset golf tour a few years ago, we played Meyrick Park on Day 2 after having curries on the first night.

It was too much for one chap who had to evacuate in trees on the 5th at about 0900. We asked him what he wiped with and he said a golf glove, which resulted in the launch of the Bum-Joy brand.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by goodwalkspoiled Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Mac

Don't agree ! These people should not be allowed to get away with such pig ignorance and lack of common courtesy. They should quite rightly be put in the position where they have to acknowledge the fact of their utter lack of good manners [far less their dreadful etiquette].

I think Redrage did what was necessary - they obviously were unaware of his moniker or they may not have tried it on with him ..... furious
goodwalkspoiled
goodwalkspoiled

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Playing Valley View, a municipal golf course in Utica, New York. VERY nice bones, but pretty poorly kept and the worst management I've ever experienced. We're playing at a pretty good pace and hit our tee shots on a par 4. Go to the ball and (where we're in a blind hollow) one in the group gets hit (thankfully, not on the fly) by the group behind us. Crazy, we thought, it wasn't the ACTUAL group behind us, but two idiots were just cutting into holes where they liked. The come over the crest and start yelling at us "where the h--- did you come from!". As you can imagine, we gave them a pretty good earful and they quickly -- but amazingly unembarrassed by their poor behavior -- backed away. Did we tell the management? Sure, and (as usual) they simply shrugged their shoulders.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:29 pm

Sr,
Haven't played there for more than thirty years, couldn't stand the Goombahs playing in fivesomes or sixsomes. And I lived less than a mile away!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:10 pm

Kwini: We have indeed all indulged in a bit of on course action. The bad etiquette of it was 2 fold. 1)it was adjacent to the white tee box we were playing from so it was more than off putting. 2) the woman involved happened to be the mother of the junior in the first group out and he had to see that...

On the lighter side she was considered to be the clubs No1 MILF so the rest of us were ok with it

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Maverick wrote: 2) the woman involved happened to be the mother of the junior in the first group out and he had to see that...
Erm "Good luck son, I'll be, er, there to watch you on the first tee..."

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Mav,
Clearly she should have been beside the ladies tees, I see the problem now.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:00 pm

McLaren wrote:I have to say that seems an utter over reaction Redrage, it was hardly the most awful act ever committed. I would just have let it slide and enjoyed the leisurely pace over the final two holes.

You are either fishing or a doormat... but given the amount of bickering you are known for on here I think I'll got for the former. I am content with my actions, so to was my playing partner who didn't shy away from telling them to wait either. If it happened again I would do nothing differently. boxing

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm with Redrage,
Some guys hit into my lad and myself the other day. As I was playing with my son I chose not to confront them, merely notified the Pro.
If I'd've been playing with my mates it could well have been duelling long irons back down the fairway, ready for a rumble if absolutely necessary.
Remember, it's a jungle out there, Frontier justice essential.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:16 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:I'm with Redrage,
Some guys hit into my lad and myself the other day. As I was playing with my son I chose not to confront them, merely notified the Pro.
If I'd've been playing with my mates it could well have been duelling long irons back down the fairway, ready for a rumble if absolutely necessary.
Remember, it's a jungle out there, Frontier justice essential.

That really gets up my nose too, I've kicked and trod on a few rogue balls that came my way without a shout in the past... there should always be consequences and repercussions, Kwini! A report to the pro works too though, probably the more mature option!

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Kwini clearly she should not have been playing the stiff shaft from the white Whistle

On topic of redrages actions. I too would have done exactly the same, should we allow others to treat us as a doormat or with poor etiquette on the course no way. There is nothing wrong with telling someone if they step out of line or show lack of respect which is exactly what that is.

There are no excuses for poor etiquette or bad manners in any form of life

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:38 pm

Maverick wrote:There is nothing wrong with telling someone if they step out of line or show lack of respect which is exactly what that is.

Exactly, It's not like I wandered onto the tee box and told them to clear off unless they wanted to be the new headcover for my Mizuno MP600. I just told them they would need to wait their turn (as they should have been doing anyway).

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:01 am

I would agree there is no excuse for hitting someone and I would get annoyed with that.

One time I hit a shot a little close to a guy in front, no great I admit but things took a turn for the worse after that. The tee to the next hole had been extended so you had to double back to get to it, so I left my bag by the path to the tee and took a putter up to the green. To my surprise the guy I nearly hit in a fit of madness took one of my clubs and ran up the fairway with it. He started shouting that I was not getting it back until he received and adequate apology. I promptly told him to f**k of. My partner went after him and somehow got him to calm down and give the club back.

The git still reported me to the committee.

Redrage et al

I am neither a doormat or trying to stir I just think us golfers take things a little too serious sometimes. Not sure it always created the greatest of atmospheres around the game. No question they should not have pushed in, but is it worth the fight?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:54 am

He probably thought he'd have your hickories and gutty along to Tiona Bruce for a valuation.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:41 am

Macs right, it's far too serious out on golf courses sometimes. I sometimes think the etiquette is actually part to blame. Too many stupid rules and customs.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:07 am

I'm agreed that golfers can take themselves too seriously but I don't think barging in front of someone is one of those times.

You've been in the supermarket queue for 20 mins and someone decides they're going to join the queue right in front of you because they don't fancy waiting. Is that ok too? I assume some of us wouldn't take ourselves seriously enough to say anything? Yeah like hell!!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:32 am

I'm with Redrage on this, it's all very well being relaxed but that's just taking the p1ss.

Also, golfermartin's experience is all too common. What is it with not letting people through? There seems to be a frequent attitude that people expect to be let through but don't think they should let others through. I was playing an a fourball with a former club captain a couple of weeks back and we were held up on the 9th tee when the group in front were looking for a ball. Naturally, there were moans that we should be let through, but no wave was forthcoming. We let a two ball through who'd caught up with us, and then teed off. I hit my ball in the same place where the guy in front had lost his ball, and when we didn't immediately find it I suggested we should let the fourball that were now on the tee behind us through. The former captain didn't even look up before saying 'No'. 🤦
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:49 pm

At one of my clubs they had a crackdown on slow play with committee men taking it in turn to act as course officials.
The club captain at that time was very slow and pretty thick [skinned].
He was playing with the Secretary and another committee member and all three recieved a two shot penalty from me.
I thought the next committee meeting would be interesting but to my surprise they all apologised and accepted in good grace.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:05 pm

McLaren wrote:

He started shouting that I was not getting it back until he received and adequate apology. I promptly told him to f**k of. My partner went after him and somehow got him to calm down and give the club back.

The git still reported me to the committee.

Redrage et al

I am neither a doormat or trying to stir I just think us golfers take things a little too serious sometimes. Not sure it always created the greatest of atmospheres around the game. No question they should not have pushed in, but is it worth the fight?

He asked for an apology, and you told him to **** off? Personally, I think that was a serious breach of etiquette. Since you admitted you hit close to him, would it have hurt you to say sorry? I don't think the guy was right to brandish your club, but telling him to **** off is pretty poor.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:36 pm

On the subject of slow play/letting people through - here's an interesting one for you.

Playing a bounce game today (4-ball) we were behind another 4 ball - a committee member, a new member who was trying to get a card in for h/c purposes, a regular member, and his guest. In front of them was a 2-ball.

After 3 or 4 holes we found things a bit slow but let it pass. By the time we got to the 6th tee, the 4-ball in front hadn't teed off and we asked the committee member what was going on.

He explained that the 2-ball in front had been ridiculously slow; they had called the clubhouse and were waiting for the ranger to come out; one of the two ball had enough of the antics of the other and had walked off; the (now) single person was wandering aimlessly around, taking something like 6 shots to get to the normal driving distance, getting his rangefinder out for each shot, even though he was still about 300 yards from the green, and generally acting like he was on another planet.

Finally, someone from the pro shop turned up in a buggy, had a word with the spaceman (who apparently didn't say a word but picked up and walked to the next tee)

By this time, the 2 ball behind us (who had set off 15-20 minutes after us) had caught up and the 3 ball behind them were getting close - it was mayhem!

The next 3 holes passed without further problem, and as we got to the halfway hut one of the course rangers came over and explained. Seem the guy who had been the holdup was a diabetic; hadn't checked his meds, blood sugar dangerously low and he hadn't a clue where he was or the chaos he'd been causing. By the time he'd finished the front nine, someone had got hold of him, explained what was going on, he'd had a bottle or two of hi-engery drink and suddenly was right as rain. He even hooked up with someone after the 9th and his sugar-boost, continued around the back 9 and never caused another problem.

He did come over to us as he was on the 12th tee (we were on the 10th which is close by) and apologized profusely for the trouble he'd caused - said he was completely oblivious to the trouble he'd caused and acted perfectly normally. Seems a bottle or two of Lucozade sorted him out and after that was very meek, mild and apologetic.

I've never come across anything like that before! I'm a little surprised that as a diabetic (he is a fairly young lad so it's obviously not type-II or age-onset diabetis) he didn't recognise the symptoms himself but given his heartfelt apologies and excellent conduct on the back 9 after he'd realized what was going on, I'm sure no further action will be taken. He really must be more careful though in future not to put himself in such a dangerous (life threatening?) position

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Davie

Most peculiar experience and in the circumstances, very difficult to feel angry with the guy for holding up half the course and causing mayhem.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:05 pm

D4S - that's pretty much how we felt. While it was happening there was a general feeling that we wanted to hunt this guy down and hang him from the nearest tree.

Incidentally, our round as a 4-ball was 4 hours 10 minutes, including close to 10 minutes at the halfway hut while the situation was still being explained to us.Can't really complain about that as 4 hours is about the norm for a 4-ball even though I personally feel it should be a little quicker - but at the end of the day I can live with that (it was pretty warm out there today and no one really felt like rushing around

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Geroge

You did read my post correctly right? The guy had nicked my club by the point I told him to F*** of. I would apologized very genuinely if he had not stolen my club and behaved like a total ass. As I said there is no excuse for hitting too close to someone and I was annoyed with myself for making the mistake.

Can the guy really complain after acting like such a brat?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 pm

s_r, sent you a pm re. alyth yesterday - not sure they're working though as per the "global announcement"

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:10 am

McLaren wrote:Geroge

You did read my post correctly right? The guy had nicked my club by the point I told him to F*** of. I would apologized very genuinely if he had not stolen my club and behaved like a total ass. As I said there is no excuse for hitting too close to someone and I was annoyed with myself for making the mistake.

Can the guy really complain after acting like such a brat?

Yes, I read your post. Where does it say you apologised? As I said, there's no excuse for him brandishing your club at you, but neither is there for you telling him to **** off. Perhaps if you'd apologised then it wouldn't have escalated into a feud, and you wouldn't have been reported. And no, he can't complain after he acted like a brat.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:25 am

George

As I said my bag was unattended and he had taken my club and ran up the fairway before I got close enough to say anything to him. By the time my partner got to him he was of up the next hole into the blind part of the fairway. I really don’t know what he was thinking or what he was going to do with my club.

He was behind some small trees when I hit my drive so its not like it was a blatant hit at him. There is no excuse as I could have been more careful but he must have known it was a mistake.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down