The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Fan Friends

+7
theundisputedY2D2
Cymru1991
Big Daddy Bee
AberdeenSteve
ADMIN
hodge
Sarsippius
11 posters

Go down

Wrestling Fan Friends Empty Wrestling Fan Friends

Post by Sarsippius Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:36 am

Hi guys

For the last few months I've been reading the posts on the 606 wrestling board (and learning a lot). I decided with a new forum would be chance to introduce myself and finally post. I have got back into wrestling massively in the last few months after not watching since about 2002. However I find that none of my friends know or care about wrestling and its become a secret guilty pleasure.

So is this case for everyone? Do you all satisfy your wrestling cravings on 606 or are able to discuss it with real life people?

Sarsippius

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Fan Friends Empty Re: Wrestling Fan Friends

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:45 am

welcome to the board m8
thumbsup

A couple of my mates at work know im into wrestling and they think im daft. But hey, i grew up with it and nothing will turn me away from it.
I see it as a challenge to convert them, and ive even got one to watch the rumble this weekend lol
I am lucky though, cos Mrs Y I likes wrestling, so even if my mates never accept, talk, or like it, my Mrs does lol

p.s. shes praying for HBK to appear at wrestlemania, its going to break her heart if he doesnt.

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:45 am

its the case for me with no freinds watching or liking it as far as i know, although i also use another forum online

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:49 am

Sounds like HBK will be living up to the name if he's not at mania then

Yeah my girlfriend is the only person that I've tried to convert but she can't see why I'm so fascinated my men in pants rolling around.

You think Michaels will be there? Maybe as a guest ref? I think he should stay away from Takers match (if he makes it), it would distract from whoever his opponent is and put a lot of pressure on the match to live up to last year.

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:54 am

I think he'll be drafted in to Mania purely because it's looking like they are really struggling on guys that will sell the PPV at present. I think Vince really was hoping he'd convince Dana White to let Lesnar have some input but that's looking pretty much concrete he won't.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:01 am

How would you use HBK at mania then Hero? Maybe do something like they did with austin at WM 20 (I think) and have him a ref a match just to liven it up a bit, with a couple of superkicks at the ends to keep the crowd happy

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:04 am

I think that'll be it, as much as I love watching HBK in a match I really hope he doesn't do a Flair and go back on his word. Go out on top Shawn.

There's so many rumours circulating on who Taker will face, Barrett, HHH, Cena (though that's probably for his 20th Mania), Sheamus, Kane.
If they go with HHH then HBK will be a cert to ref it.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:14 am

with HBK going the HOF, i dont expect him to be involved in a match.
Most probably he will address the crowd in the ring with a microphone, then someone will come out and they get the superkick.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:08 pm

Tried getting my girlfriend into it also but she just laughed and called me gay Crying or Very sad i was truly heartbroken. Couple of my mates from school used to watch the PPV's with me but now that I've started work and made new friends it very rarely gets brought up even though my boss came in one day with a CM Punk t shirt on. Legend

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Bee Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:12 pm

Good morning people.
I'm at work early today so thought that I would make good use of my time and come on here.

I've been reading the wrestling board on 606 for a good year or so now and had a brief stint posting in the summer as Pee Whillikers. Just started posting a little on there again but I'm loving this new board and will hopefully be posting on here a lot more.

I'm in the same boat as most of you guys I imagine, none of my friends like wrestling and think I'm some sort of giant man child for loving it so. But like YI Man, I am very lucky as my Mrs loves it as much as me. Shes a huge Jerricho mark and is praying that he'll be back at the Rumble.

Big Daddy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymru1991 Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:37 pm

I've watched wrestling since I was in primary school, so I used to have loads of friends who watched all the shows too. Unfortunately, they all left wrestling whereas I've become more obsessed about it! not that I mind really- it's my guilty pleasure and I adore it! Very Happy

Cymru1991

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:04 pm

Welcome to the board Sarsippius thumbsup

I've got a few mates who like wrestling, and will come round and watch major PPV's like the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania, but for them it's more of an escape for a few hours as they don't really follow storylines (they might watch RAW or Smackdown occasionally) and don't give a hoot about the backstage stuff like I do. So for them it's a passing interest whilst I'm far more involved.

My girlfriend can't stand wrestling and like you mentioned just views it as two guys rolling around in their pants. It's not so bad though because she's got a 10 year old boy and he's really getting into it. It's pretty cool because he totally follows kayfabe so it kinda takes me back to when I believed it was all 'real' and I like telling him about some of the older wrestlers he won't know about. For example in his WWE Top Trumps there's one of Vickie Guerrero so I told him about Eddie Guerrero and he's watched some of his stuff on Youtube and loves the whole 'Lying, Cheating & Stealing' gimmick.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:31 pm

morning

nice new board guys
i have been watching for around the past 13 years and in school had a few people i could talk about it with, then when i started work there has only been 1 bloke so we talk about it pretty often, dropped a hint a few weeks ago in my rugby club and suddenly there were about 6 people talking about it Very Happy Very Happy delighted so i now have more people to talk to

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:13 am

Great board guys well done on setting it up!

I have read the 606 board for years, I prefer it to wrestling spolier sites. Look forward to joining in the dbate on this new site!

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:34 am

Ive got a group of mates, for one reason or another I dont see too much anymore. We used to watch raw/ smackdown and all the ppv's together, now generally we only meet up for Mania . We all just met girls, moved in with em and went our seperate ways shame cos I miss those days.

The Mrs knows about my wrestling addiction and tollerates it, but she aint to interested by it. I think she just sees it as my hobby. Just moved and not got sky at the mo so will have to catch the rumble on a stream me thinks. Im looking foward to getting TNA back on my tv when it starts on challange.

Ill be able to boot Mrs. Lex upstairs and say bitch tv is mine, theres a wrassling on.. :affraid:

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:12 am

Hi Sarsippius - welcome to the board!

Funnily enough I'm nearly exactly the same as you are with where I left wrestling and where I came back. It's been a great recent few months now re-learning everything from the cast, to the move sets etc.

In terms of friends in the real world who like wrestling? Not really. People try to take the proverbial too but it doesn't bother me as each to their own I say and I don't poke fun out of their interests so people generally just come to accept it as one of those things.

The good news though is that Mrs Dust watches it with me! :face: thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Bee Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:18 am

Welcome Diamond Dust.

The only "real life" person I know who likes wrestling is my Mrs which is cool. If I want to talk to anyone else about wrestling then it's 606/606v2 for me.

Big Daddy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:29 am

Thanks for all the replies

It seems there are a lot of people in my situation although I'm starting to think I should try harder to get the girlfriend into it, seems to work for you guys

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by Madrox Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:27 am

I have the odd couple of friends who are reasonably interested in wrestling still however the vast majority just don't get it however I am rather fortunate that my local stays open later every PPV so we do get to speak "Wrasslin" with a couple like minded fellows.

Madrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down