The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead?

+26
Cari
TrailApe
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
bathmad
HammerofThunor
beshocked
Islingtonv2
andy powells minder
GavinDragon
nganboy
Taylorman
Notch
flankertye
disneychilly
aucklandlaurie
doctor_grey
Bullsbok
mrsuperclear
Cymroglan
EnglishReign
offload
krusty
Biltong
majesticimperialman
Irish Curry
Pot Hale
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead?

If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_lcap2%If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_lcap2%If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_lcap25%If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 16 ]
If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_lcap25%If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 16 ]
If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_lcap6%If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_lcap5%If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_lcap8%If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 5 ]
If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_lcap9%If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 6 ]
If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_lcap5%If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_lcap0%If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_lcap13%If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 64

If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Empty If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead?

Post by Pot Hale Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:11 pm

Let your inner angst out.

Go forth and vent your spleen. Rant. Rage. Say your worst (within forum rules).

Who do you hope against hope doesn't win it, if your own team ain't up to it?

So this means you have to pick the team that you do NOT want to win it.

It does NOT mean pick the team that you do want to win it.

It's means the team that you LEAST want to win.

The one that you would HATE if they won it.

The one that would drive you crackers.

Your least favourite team or least deserving.

Don't nominate your second favourite team after your own, cos that's the wrong answer.

And you can change your vote if you didn't like your first selection, or even if you mistakenly voted for the team that you want to win it, if your own team gets knocked out.

Last edited by Pot Hale on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Providing extra, extra clarity just in case)
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Empty Re: If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead?

Post by Irish Curry Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:24 pm

England. Anyone but them and possible the ABs

We would never hear the end of it and if NZ win then God help us all because there will be no stopping them. Ever.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead? Empty Re: If your team is beaten at the RWC, who do you not want to win it instead?

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:34 pm

If NZ get knocked out before reaching the final, do you think that the NZRU will alow the tournament to go on?......That is a question that needs to be answerd.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:35 pm

I have gone for the first option in 2003 England beat us in the pool and won the Final. In 1999 Australia took us out in the semi to then win the fina.

So good luck to the team that manages to beat us
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by krusty Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:36 pm

South Africa or Oz, too greedy!

krusty

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:39 pm

If Wales don't win I want the whole thing cancelled because of bad weather. Crying or Very sad
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:41 pm

Why does it matter if my team is beaten? The team I don't want to win won't change.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:42 pm

Obviously I want Wales to win it but if they don't then I want the side that beat us to win.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:46 pm

I don't really care truth be told. New Zealand do deserve it for being on top of the world game for so long to be fair, and France for all the games they've entertained us in deserve a world cup too, but I really wouldn't mind who won out of your list there. There's no hating from mrsuperclear angel

All I'll be hoping for is a great final if {Whistle} we're knocked out before it...

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:48 pm

I'm split between wanting NZ to win as a reward for their domination and not wanting NZ to win just so i can take the mickey out of Nzers for another four years Very Happy

so my call France, which would make the gloating even nicer
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:53 pm

Hmmm, so far NZ are the most popular voodoo doll candidate.

And it seems everyone likes the minnows - Italy, Wales, Samoa, Argentina and Scotland haven't any strikes against them.

So far.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:20 pm

Pot Hale wrote:And it seems everyone likes the minnows - Italy, Wales, Samoa, Argentina and Scotland haven't any strikes against them.
Or people think there's no point hoping these sides won't win it as they haven't really got a hope. A wasted vote maybe? Wink

I've nothing particularly against NZ, but it would be fairly amusing if they didn't win just to see posters like GG go into meltdown. Particularly if it's a bit controversial and involves an NH ref.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:29 pm

[quote="SafeAsMilk"][quote="Pot Hale"]And it seems everyone likes the minnows - Italy, Wales, Samoa, Argentina and Scotland haven't any strikes against them. [/quote]
Or people think there's no point hoping these sides won't win it as they haven't really got a hope. A wasted vote maybe? Wink

I've nothing particularly against NZ, but it would be fairly amusing if they didn't win just to see posters like GG go into meltdown. Particularly if it's a bit controversial and involves an NH ref.[/quote]

Now that will be a sight to behold! Yahoo
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:31 pm

EnglishReign wrote:Why does it matter if my team is beaten? The team I don't want to win won't change.

Well that would be an ecumenical matter for yourself. Others may have a different viewpoint.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:35 pm

Italia, Italia.
I would love to see some of their supporters jumping up and down cheering.
Over and over.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:51 pm

Doc
I'm glad you phrased the question the way did, and not the other way round.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:56 pm

England for mine, due to the media more than anything. Plus on the old 606 idiots like EWB soured it a fair bit, even though we have our own. If England get further than we do that'll be a lot of salt into the wounds. Hope they do so playing good rugby in that case.

Think the NZ thing is schadenfreude based TBH.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:59 pm

disneychilly wrote:Think the NZ thing is schadenfreude based TBH.
The whole thread is about schadenfreude isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:11 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
disneychilly wrote:Think the NZ thing is schadenfreude based TBH.
The whole thread is about schadenfreude isn't it?

Correct, Safeas. Despite people picking the team that they want to win it. Or picking three when only one is sought.

Posters on here can be such contrary fellows.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:18 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Hmmm, so far NZ are the most popular voodoo doll candidate.

And it seems everyone likes the minnows - Italy, Wales, Samoa, Argentina and Scotland haven't any strikes against them.

So far.

Guess you have not checked the world rankings recently Very Happy

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:19 pm

I want france to win it if we don't. Keep it in the NH Wink
I don't speak french so won't have to put up with their gloating

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:43 pm

flankertye wrote:I want france to win it if we don't. Keep it in the NH Wink

The question posed is who do you NOT want to win it?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:54 pm

England or Wales. Having to decide was a tough one, but I went for Wales.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 25 Aug 2011, 12:22 am

Cymroglan wrote:Guess you have not checked the world rankings recently Very Happy

Yep. Looked at the rankings and there were the minnows from 4th place down.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:15 am

To me the minnows are anything bellow top spot I guess your standards are lower than mine.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:27 am

Ive gone for France.

Best team by a mile not to have won it and outside the 3N our most respected foe...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 25 Aug 2011, 7:23 am

If we can't win it then I don't want England to win it because the poopie we kiwis will get will be worse than if any other country win it.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 25 Aug 2011, 8:08 am

i dont want NZ to win so it would redress the balance of the other 3 years in a WC cycle when they are the best, them not winning would be a shock and i always like the underdog (as any team facing them would be)

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:32 am

sorry, I'd have to say SA, too boring by far, and theyll have pulverised us previously on the way!!

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by Islingtonv2 Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:50 am

The missus has a law exam today, what's the last thing i told her before she walked out the door? Read the question properly.

What have i just done? Missed the word "not" in the question and picked Samoa steam

Anyway if England don't win it then i'd always support the underdog or at the very least anyone who has not won it before. Variety is the spice...yada yada yada

Islingtonv2

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:41 am

andy powells minder wrote:sorry, I'd have to say SA, too boring by far, and theyll have pulverised us previously on the way!!

no need to be sorry, but you do realise boring is in the eye of the beholder.

Some action is better in slow motion, you see more, so just imagine you are watching rugby on slow motion when we play. Smile

I often wonder about this boring element.

all teams, ruck, scrum, line out, tackle, kick etc. when you look at ball carrying we just saw the other day that we carry the ball not much less than the other Tri nation teams, but is seen as boring.

The exciting part everone raves about probably consist of about 5 mintues of exciting interchanging of back passes, angled running etc.

The rest is pretty much the same.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:46 am

I will not be disappointed whoever wins as long as the best side triumphs.

Please no contraversy like other world cups. The best side has won each world cup but there is always something going on.

As long as the ref's importance is minimalised I will be happy.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:49 am

Nobody. There are teams I'd like to win it but no-one I don't want to win it. The team I least want to win are probably South Africa and Australia. Top preference would be New Zealand or other 6 nations sides (realistically; a Samoan, etc win would be awesome).

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by bathmad Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:54 am

France I guess. If England go out (unlike my Celtic cousins) I'll be supporting any one of the home nations and Ireland against anyone.

But we English love to hate the French don't we?

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:58 am

Hmmm, tricky one. I'd not want anyone who's won it before to win if NZ couldn't - better to have a new name on the trophy.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:00 am

"Obviously I want Wales to win it but if they don't then I want the side that beat us to win"

Fair bit of ground there kiddah, which of the three are you going to go for though?

(I'll get me coat)
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:03 am

If Wales don't get through, I'll be supporting Ireland cause Tommy-the-Osprey will be in the squad Smile If Ireland don't get through, I'd like to see NZ win overall.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:06 am

Pot Hale wrote:
flankertye wrote:I want france to win it if we don't. Keep it in the NH Wink

The question posed is who do you NOT want to win it?

Yeaaahh, I voted for New Zealand not to win it. But if Wales or Ireland won it we would never hear the end of it.
I'd like france to win it, they'd play some nice rugby and probably be utter cack by the time the six nations swings by.

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:25 am

If France won it, what do you think the follow up would be? Would it change them in a lasting way?

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 25 Aug 2011, 5:02 pm

I went with New Zealand, im hoping Wayne Barnes gets to referee one of their knockout games, the following would be sweet music to my ears....

That, and its about the only thing the rest of the world can hold against them in rugby terms, and no-ones perfect Wink

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 25 Aug 2011, 5:20 pm

I suspect there's a fair whack of tactical voting going on there by the English.

Surely everybody knows that nobody likes them?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 25 Aug 2011, 5:23 pm

These votes are rather satisfying for me, I always thought we are the most disliked team in world rugby. Yahoo
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 25 Aug 2011, 5:29 pm

i would say that by our low number of votes wales are not disliked, but i think we al know that the low number of votes is due to the zero chance of us winning

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Thu 25 Aug 2011, 7:51 pm

biltongbek wrote:These votes are rather satisfying for me, I always thought we are the most disliked team in world rugby. Yahoo

I think people are mis-reading the title and voting for who they want to win. It is phrased in a very mis-leading way. Still, after a few reads I ended up voting for NZ. Would be funny.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 25 Aug 2011, 8:43 pm

EnglishReign wrote:I think people are mis-reading the title and voting for who they want to win. It is phrased in a very mis-leading way. Still, after a few reads I ended up voting for NZ. Would be funny.

How is "...who would you not want to win it instead", misleading?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:01 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
EnglishReign wrote:I think people are mis-reading the title and voting for who they want to win. It is phrased in a very mis-leading way. Still, after a few reads I ended up voting for NZ. Would be funny.

How is "...who would you not want to win it instead", misleading?
Pot, it seems you can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead, mate. Very Happy

I really don't understand why so many folk are having problems with the question!

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:10 pm

Safeasmilk, it is simple really. It is the same common mistake people make when writing exams, nothing wrong with the question if you read it fully
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:12 pm

You could be right, Biltong.

Don't do what Donny Don't does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:15 pm

I guess the confusion comes with the use of the word Instead

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:48 pm

The referees. They never get credit for what is a difficult job :p

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next