The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Players Do You Love To Hate?

+48
funnyExiledScot
Thomond
nottins
Otagolad
J_D
Bathman_in_London
R!skysports
dave568
MDB
Hound_of_Harrow
George Carlin
Shifty
dummy_half
littlejohn
Comfort
HammerofThunor
welshy824
Breadvan
Turkster
bathmad
21st Century Schizoid Man
formerly known as Sam
OzT
beshocked
andy powells minder
BATH_BTGOG
ScarletSpiderman
Full Credit
nganboy
majesticimperialman
Gunner
Bullsbok
GavinDragon
Biltong
nottins_jones
disneychilly
flankertye
Irish Curry
Utility-forward
rugbyman
wales606
Draigoch
tomathy
perand25
offload
Pot Hale
krusty
Mr Bounce
52 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which Players Do You Love To Hate? - Page 2 Empty Which Players Do You Love To Hate?

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

The "whingers" thread has got me thinking. Everyone has their pet "hate" players. They're usually great players but you can't bear to have "your" team face them and in your eyes everything they do is wrong! Regardless of how good they are, when you see them taking the field against your team, you can't stand them.

Mine are as follows:

Richie McCaw. Sublime player but he steps over the line, influences the ref and gets away with it. Drives me nuts! mad

Shane Williams. It's that little jinking step he does when he sets off on a run. Has achieved so much, but when I see him do that jink I want to see him flattened furious

Lee Byrne. He appears SO arrogant and I hate the way he exaggerates the outstretched leg when catching a high ball. censored

Schalk Burger. I don't like a dirty player who shows no remorse. steam

Andy Goode when he was playing for Leicester against Wasps. Kick, kick and kick again. Followed by a pie.

Martin Corry when at Leicester against Wasps. Just because. laughing

Whenever said Lions-qualified players played for the Lions (i.e Williams and Corry), I was nothing but 100% behind them. As soon as they went back to their respective countries, back to the hate boxing Very Happy

So who are yours?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Which Players Do You Love To Hate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which Players Do You Love To Hate?

Post by flankertye Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:22 pm

True. Its a lot like hating Morne Steyn, and how I imagine people must have hated Wilkinson.
You just know when he lines up a penalty, its very very very unlikely he's gonna miss.

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Which Players Do You Love To Hate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which Players Do You Love To Hate?

Post by OzT Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:32 pm

Na never hated JW, had respect for he did what he did then very well, which was kick and tackle. And he comes across as one of the most professional rugby player ever when interviewed, if maybe lacking in high wire excitment, but just seemed a decent bloke loving his rugby.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:43 pm

Toby Flood - for no other reason than having the face of a grumpy 12 year old.

Joe Worsley - for being awarded MOM for tackling Jamie Roberts repeatedly in a game England lost, he didnt play well, he tackled Jamie Roberts a number of times.

Lee Byrne - for the cash4gold advert. terrible advert, terrible.

Martin Johnson - for having a brow more burrowed than any man should.

Percy Montgomery - hair more blonde and flowing than my girlfriends, that in itself is an abomination, shes a blonde hair model.

Kevin Mealamu - the most violent christian on earth.

BOD - for upsetting our Gav!

Bakkies Botha - nothing he did actually, it was the 'Justice 4 Bakkies' armbands that his ban inspired, do you think everyone made their own? I can imagine the bok dressing room before the game looking like a classroom making macaroni pictures.

Toby Faletau - for having hair more rad than i could ever manage.

Lesley Vanikolo - the 'Britain braids' on his England debut, wtf?

James Haskell - brand? really? tart.

Danny Cipriani - for his best Henson impression thats lasted about 3 years now.

Gareth Jenkins - Not because he led wales to an early exit from the 2007 world cup, but because he sported the most ririduclous looking "poof" of hair during his tenure in which he led wales to an early exit from the 2007 world cup.

Ceri Sweeney - for not quite being fully evolved into a human yet.

Graham Henry(coachwise) - for taking enough centers to cover most evevntualities in this world cup.

Wayne Barnes - for not asking to referee ALL of the host nations games at this world cup.

Tony the Tiger - They're not great, they're f*cking sugar-covered cornflakes.

As you can tell, im a relatively angry person. I also care more than your average sports-fan about my hero's hair. It has to be manly, but not sh*t, no-one wants to see sh*t hair.

Erm

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by littlejohn Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:45 pm

Foden - Annoys me as he's nabbed a very good looking Irish girl and he's a cocky g**.

Warren Gatland - Smug, arrogant, stubborn and overrated coach

Austin Healey - loud mouth, the kind of player you would enjoy displacing from a ruck Cool

McCaw - Because he's not Irish

Danny Cipriani - 'I'm too good for NH rugby...'

Henson - 'I'm too good for any team in the world...'

littlejohn

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:58 pm

littlejohn wrote:Foden - Annoys me as he's nabbed a very good looking Irish girl and he's a cocky g**. But is he a cocky g** simply because he's giving it to one of The Saturdays?

Austin Healey - loud mouth, the kind of player you would enjoy displacing from a ruck Cool - Even as an England fan, can't do anything but agree.

McCaw - Because he's not Irish English

Danny Cipriani - 'I'm too good for NH rugby...' A sad waste to combine good talent with huge ego and inadequate motivation

Henson - 'I'm too good for any team in the world...' and orange

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:00 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
beshocked wrote:Riki Flutey - past his sell by date by a couple of years,took the England spot of better inside centres. Overrated by many.

Shontayne Hape - one of Martin Johnson's favourites. An average Kiwi rugby league player who has given too many England caps. Wouldn't be able to get a backline running even if surrounded by the most exciting players ever.

Hendre Fourie - an overrated mediocre South African rugby player who took the England spot of more talented English youngsters. Only interest in him comes from the bottom clubs in the AP yet he is an England player.

Surely all of these are reasons to hate Martin Johnson not the players. And that Fourie comment is almost ironic coming from a Saracens supporter Wink

Hammerofthunor I don't hate Martin Johnson, he was a key component in the 2003 world cup win afterall. He also is a very inexperienced coach/manager. His choice of team this weekend and by dropping Flutey and Fourie has redeemed himself slightly.

Not really ironic as Saracens are the current AP champions. None of our South Africans are overrated. They are simply very good.

Fourie has now shown the world he is completely out of his depth at international level. Can't say I am not pleased to see him fail.

One of our reserve wingers got snapped up by a top 4 club - Cato and Saints.

Good players from good clubs will generally be snapped up by other good clubs. Foure has moved from 12th to 10th. Hardly a huge upgrade.

Would I have picked Botha for the England squad? Probably not but Attwood was injured,Borthwick was out of favour. Who else was there?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:01 pm

Brian O'Driscoll, did you know no one has EVER beaten Ireland fairly, since 1999?!?!?!

Yup amazingly enough, if they lose their ALWAYS screwed over, the ref, the ball, the direction of the wind, a forward pass, a dodgy line out, you name it Ireland are always the victim.

Can't stand the príck myself.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

None of our South Africans are overrated.

Categorically you state not a single one is overrated?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:30 pm

Schalk Burger - who is basically a gouge-happy thug who, if it wasn't for this sport, would be someone's boyfriend in prison right now.

Shane Williams - sorry Welsh fans, but the rancid little goblin is fist eatingly smug in interviews. I have never, ever heard him say anything magnanimous in defeat.

Whilst Austin Healey is a vaguely acceptable human being, his scarves are not acceptable in the slightest.

Whilst not a player, John Inverdale deserves to be slapped purple for his condescending manner towards weaker teams. To say nothing for having more shirt buttons undone than Hasselhof.

Good thread Mr Bounce. I feel better now.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:37 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Anyone who brings out a motivational series of tapes and books at the age of 21 years old.
Give me a break.

After hearing that I now dislike him as well. Can't stand 'self help' books. I'd have got a clip round my ear from my dad if he ever caught me reading self indulgent crap like that.

Florence Dayglo, he always really annoyed me because he never shut up about how great he was and how every decision that went against him was so unjust. That and the cowardly punch on Corry that got a measley one week ban (below the minimum for the offence) because he was due to retire and the RFU wanted to sell more tickets for the final (the ban ran out just in time for him to play and then the Pests went and sodding won). Just a general hate of Wasps for ruining so many final days when the form book said they had no right to, p laughing articularly during the possible treble season!

The missus can't stand Hartley which is quite amusing.

Aww, sorry Sam Hug

And you forgot Johnno's retirement final in 2005, when all the pre-game talk was of how Johnno and Backy were going to ride victoriously into the sunset.... Run

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:53 pm

OzT wrote:
disneychilly wrote:George Gregan, Bakkies Botha, Rob Andrew, Danny Grewcock, Austin Healey, Caleb Ralph, Mark Carter, Mike Tindall, Al Baxter, Matt Dunning, Quade Cooper, Ronan O'Gara, Sebastien Chabal, Eric Champ, Stirling Mortlock are a group I dislike for various reasons.

How could anyone dislike angel faced Matt Dunning is beyond belief! A sweet pie eating man of great charm.. Smile

Matt Dunning is as useful as a pair of t!ts on a bull and looks like a pillowcase full of cake mix.

Some of you have mentioned coaches too. CW and PDV are right up there as the most despised for mine. CW was so damn arrogant and petty and PDV is a joke to me-which makes my admiration of the 09 Boks that much greater.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MDB Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:14 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Sean O'Brian - purely becasue they bang on about how he knows he can run through anyone, yet I remember Jon Davies (the centre) picking him up on his shoulder, matching him back ten yards and then smashing him into the ground as if he were a light weight. Also I dislike him for the little set to at PYS this season, when he almost beheaded little Dan Newton off teh ball and after the whistle (p.s. I know that others also deserve a heap of blame for the incident). That said he is a good player

Pretty sure that that was McLaughlin that got picked up and not SOB.

Mine would be:

Burger/Botha/Spies/Du Plessis - Burger for the gouge, Botha - well take your pick of reasons really (tho i have to admit i would find it hard not to headbut Cowan too), Spies because he was so over hyped and so cocky, Du Plessis because he is constantly starting fights with Backs

McCaw - Because he is too bloody good at bending the laws, so much respect for him, but god i hate him!

Delon Armitage - I think he is a dirty player who is a little too fond of falling over in football player fashion

TOL - For taking 45 minutes at every ruck he arrives at (tho this doesnt bother me when he is wearing red)

Castro - Patting opposition on the head after winning a penalty, great player but cut that out (he is far from the only one who does this but he is the worst offended)

MDB

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:27 pm

All the love for Bakkies Botha - don't you guys realise he's the better behaved younger brother of the real thug of Bok rugby that was Kobus Wiese? The punch from behind on Derwyn Jones remains the most cynical act I think I've ever seen on a rugby field (and note - I'm not Welsh).

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by dave568 Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:37 pm

Shane Horgan
Ever since a Dragons v Leinster game when the 6 foot 2 string of custard ran from the wing across the pitch to involve himself in an altercation. Who did he hit? Ceri Sweeny! just about the smallest man on the pitch , Horgan hit Sweeny from behind then promptly ran back to his wing!!!

dave568

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:41 pm

dave568 wrote:Shane Horgan
Ever since a Dragons v Leinster game when the 6 foot 2 string of custard ran from the wing across the pitch to involve himself in an altercation. Who did he hit? Ceri Sweeny! just about the smallest man on the pitch , Horgan hit Sweeny from behind then promptly ran back to his wing!!!

To be fair, I wouldnt mind hitting Ceri Sweeney, would you?

I'd be straight back on my wing as well. See my player hates above, hes not fully evolved, hes a little animal! 🐑

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:19 pm

Will Carling - most annoying and arrogant player I have ever seen. To top it off, was catch off camera slagging of Scotland on a Mr Blobbie show

Lee Burn - dirty player

Shame Williams - retire please - you spend most games running across the field now

Dan Parks - Why oh Why - and the Side Burns - Why on Why

BOD - great player, but still annoying

Ashton - really - swallow dive again - wow you are sooooo cool

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:51 pm

Riskysports wrote:Will Carling - most annoying and arrogant player I have ever seen. To top it off, was catch off camera slagging of Scotland on a Mr Blobbie show

Dan Parks - Why oh Why - and the Side Burns - Why on Why

Sideburns to rival Luke McLean's of Italy at one stage!! Must be an aussie trait, when you leave home and play rugby for another country you have to grow sideburns.... maybe next season will be the mullet????

LOL!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:58 pm

Im genuinely waiting for the re-emergence of the mullet, fashion goes in cycles so they say.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 25 Aug 2011, 5:41 pm

As someone who regularly has their hair cut by Aussies, I can tell you that theres nothing wrong with a bit of length at the back!

Players:

ROG- I just do!
Shane Williams- When hes jinking sideways across the pitch I cant be the only one who wants some big forward to come piling in?!
Cipriani- No comment
Almost any gobby scrum half

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by J_D Thu 25 Aug 2011, 5:49 pm

BOD, Chris Ashton , Dylan Hartley...

J_D

Back to top Go down

Post by Otagolad Thu 25 Aug 2011, 6:03 pm

Will Carling - most overrated centre ever and the epitome of English arrogance.

Jeremy Guscott - the second most overrated centre ever.

Otagolad

Back to top Go down

Post by Draigoch Thu 25 Aug 2011, 6:09 pm

George Carlin wrote:
Shane Williams - sorry Welsh fans, but the rancid little goblin is fist eatingly smug in interviews. I have never, ever heard him say anything magnanimous in defeat.

Are you being serious? From recent memory did you watch the post-England (at Twickenham) match interview he did? I've always thought he came across very well indeed in interviews.

Draigoch

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Thu 25 Aug 2011, 6:56 pm

Comfort wrote:Im genuinely waiting for the re-emergence of the mullet, fashion goes in cycles so they say.

It's alive and well in New Zealand.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 25 Aug 2011, 7:01 pm

I'm really surprised by all this BOD hate. ROG,I'm not surprised since he apparently cost "us" the Lions tour.

I don't like Ahston but that's because I think he is overated,wouldn't say I hate him though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Thu 25 Aug 2011, 7:07 pm

Surely you must be annoyed by that swallow dive thing he does??
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 25 Aug 2011, 7:08 pm

It's annoying yeah but I don't hate it,would be great if he dropped the ball some day.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Thu 25 Aug 2011, 7:59 pm

Weirdly enough I have a 20 euro bet with a friend that he will do that by the end of the season so here's hoping!
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:10 pm

i can understand with shane being irritating because how he stands people up (if i played someone like him as a flanker i would love to nail him) but saying as a person as he is smug is a load of balls- shane is no way smug and comes across really well.

Hartley annoys me just because he seems arrogant- and foden for having a fit girlfriend and seems to be mr perfect in his own eyes.
Giteau for his bleeding tash

Burger because he is a dirty player

sean o brien as no offence but he is sooo overrated by irish fans

Dan biggar for it going to his head

Henson (i dont hate him) more disapointed at the fact he good be so good but too busy doing reality shows and not focussing.

Martin johnson, HE LOOKS FUNNY =(

HASKELL because he comes across cocky espicially after his 3 metre drop over the line for his try then acting the hard man

dan parks- need i explain?

AND

ASHTON BECAUSE DESPITE BEING A COMPLETE steam HE COMES ACROSS WELL IN INTERVIEWS WHICH ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH annoys me even more.
raspberry steam raspberry
calm down, think about gcse results happy thoughts happy thoughts

Sorry rant over

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:43 am

MDB wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Sean O'Brian - purely becasue they bang on about how he knows he can run through anyone, yet I remember Jon Davies (the centre) picking him up on his shoulder, matching him back ten yards and then smashing him into the ground as if he were a light weight. Also I dislike him for the little set to at PYS this season, when he almost beheaded little Dan Newton off teh ball and after the whistle (p.s. I know that others also deserve a heap of blame for the incident). That said he is a good player

It may have been, I remember it being a scrum capped openside flanker when Leinster visited PYS a few seasons back, around the time when SOB was starting to really make a name for himself. Also anyone else think that having the initials SOB (Son Of a B) is kinda asking of people to dislike you?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:02 am

Paddy Wallace, but only since I've been posting on here.

Everytime I see him in a green jersey I see a lightweight player barely average by the standards of international rugby centres, and yet I come on here and the Ulster brigade declare that a masterclass in centre play, both in attack and defence, has just occurred!

Historically Jeremy Guscott has always had a special place in my toilet of hate, despite his Lions heroics. His punditry is spectacularly shallow and misinformed, and his arrogance seems to suggest that he thinks no-one really notices that he doesn't actually watch a lot of rugby. Highlight of the 6 Nations - Guscott prior to the 6 Nations stating in the Sunday Times that Richie Gray would make no impact and resembled "bambi on ice". Idiot.

It's not an anti-English thing either. Will Greenwood is excellent.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:08 am

nottins wrote:
Comfort wrote:Im genuinely waiting for the re-emergence of the mullet, fashion goes in cycles so they say.

It's alive and well in New Zealand.

Only if you go to West Auckland and the Hutt Valley. Possibly Hamilton, too.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:28 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
MDB wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

It may have been, I remember it being a scrum capped openside flanker when Leinster visited PYS a few seasons back, around the time when SOB was starting to really make a name for himself. Also anyone else think that having the initials SOB (Son Of a B) is kinda asking of people to dislike you?

It was O'Brien alright. It was a poor challenge, but after he did it there was a bit of a dust up, a few players were pulling and dragging at eachother, a young Dom Ryan is walking over to the altercation and Tavis Knoyle comes up from behind, punches him in the head and runs off.

As for "everyone says he runs through everyone"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvVTaI_CVYc

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:44 am

Mickado - the incident (that we will never agree on due to our divering loyalties, you will blame Tav & I'll blame Sean) was not what I meant when I said I thought it was O'Brian, also a bit of a dust up? It was almost the full amount of both sides.

Anyway I meant I thought O'Brian was the lad that Foxy tackled in a rather physical manner. Yeah O'Brian steamrollered Fenby, but a backrower really should steamroller a winger. O'Brian is a good player, and I can't really argue that, however those are the reasons I dislike him.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:53 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Mickado - the incident (that we will never agree on due to our divering loyalties, you will blame Tav & I'll blame Sean) was not what I meant when I said I thought it was O'Brian, also a bit of a dust up? It was almost the full amount of both sides.

Anyway I meant I thought O'Brian was the lad that Foxy tackled in a rather physical manner. Yeah O'Brian steamrollered Fenby, but a backrower really should steamroller a winger. O'Brian is a good player, and I can't really argue that, however those are the reasons I dislike him.

Ah I know mate, we certainly both remember that incident for different reasons. Honestly I don’t remember him getting driven back 10 yards and dumped but it might have happened. He’s ran through many a backrow, second row, center, wing etc. Fenby was a bit green back in that game, but O’Brien was doing it to Wilson, Wood, Clarke etc. in the HC final!

Anyway, we won’t fall out over it bud!
thumbsup

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:56 am

Hate is such a strong definition.

Would it not be more appropriate to say:
despise,
dislike,
can't stand,
can't stomach him,
abhorre him,
he is an abomination,
I have an aversion to him,
fills me with animosity,
I feel antagonistic towards him,
he disgusts me,
he fills me with disgust,
I have a grievance with him,
he fills me with hostility,
he is a nuisance,
he bothers me,
he is repugnant,
I find him repulsive.

Just asking.

Last edited by biltongbek on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:57 am

Mick - he is a real bulldozer recently
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 26 Aug 2011, 1:26 pm

biltongbek wrote:Hate is such a strong definition.

Would it not be more appropriate to say:
despise,
dislike,
can't stand,
can't stomach him,
abhorre him,
he is an abomination,
I have an aversion to him,
fills me with animosity,
I feel antagonistic towards him,
he disgusts me,
he fills me with disgust,
I have a grievance with him,
he fills me with hostility,
he is a nuisance,
he bothers me,
he is repugnant,
I find him repulsive.

Just asking.

Strong word maybe, but the easiest in the title. Plus the number of replies means most people have got the point kiss

Can I add Keith Earls to my list? I think he's much like Cipriani in that he believes his own hype.

Oh, and Olly Barkley too. Arrogant so and so.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 26 Aug 2011, 1:34 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Paddy Wallace, but only since I've been posting on here.

Everytime I see him in a green jersey I see a lightweight player barely average by the standards of international rugby centres, and yet I come on here and the Ulster brigade declare that a masterclass in centre play, both in attack and defence, has just occurred!

Careful now! You don't want to upset anyone. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 26 Aug 2011, 1:36 pm

dave568 wrote:Shane Horgan

He is 6'4" and a half. It was the half he used to score the winning try in Twickenham in 06. Had he only been 6'4" he would not have made it. He is a top bloke too. (Urge to hit allegedly subhuman 10s apart)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysus Fri 26 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

offload wrote:When you grow up hating Austin Healey...you've kind of reached the pinnacle of hating. It's all been down hill since.

One of the lads at my rugby club is famed for knocking out Austin Healey in the Skyrack pub in Headingley. They used to both play for England North when they were young. Healey was a gobsh*te back then as well, so he flattened him, apparently the team left him on the floor and carried on to the next pub.

Just thought you might like to hear this little story, I know it always brings a smile to my face when I see Austin Healey on TV. Very Happy

Jaysus

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Fri 26 Aug 2011, 2:02 pm

Jaysus wrote:One of the lads at my rugby club is famed for knocking out Austin Healey in the Skyrack pub in Headingley. They used to both play for England North when they were young. Healey was a gobsh*te back then as well, so he flattened him, apparently the team left him on the floor and carried on to the next pub.

Just thought you might like to hear this little story, I know it always brings a smile to my face when I see Austin Healey on TV. Very Happy

Which rugby club do you play for ?

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysus Fri 26 Aug 2011, 2:07 pm

nottins wrote:
Jaysus wrote:One of the lads at my rugby club is famed for knocking out Austin Healey in the Skyrack pub in Headingley. They used to both play for England North when they were young. Healey was a gobsh*te back then as well, so he flattened him, apparently the team left him on the floor and carried on to the next pub.

Which rugby club do you play for ?

Sandal

Jaysus

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Fri 26 Aug 2011, 2:30 pm

Jaysus wrote:
Sandal

I've been to watch them a few times.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 26 Aug 2011, 5:22 pm

dummy_half wrote:
littlejohn wrote:Foden - Annoys me as he's nabbed a very good looking Irish girl and he's a cocky g**. But is he a cocky g** simply because he's giving it to one of The Saturdays?

Austin Healey - loud mouth, the kind of player you would enjoy displacing from a ruck Cool - Even as an England fan, can't do anything but agree.

McCaw - Because he's not Irish English

Danny Cipriani - 'I'm too good for NH rugby...' A sad waste to combine good talent with huge ego and inadequate motivation

Henson - 'I'm too good for any team in the world...' and orange

I believe that colour prejudice has been outlawed. Wink

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Draigoch Fri 26 Aug 2011, 5:36 pm

I found the Jon Davies hit on Sean O'Brien if anyone wants to see it...

Here it is.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZHDFliS6vo&feature=player_embedded#t=03m32s

It's a beut as well

Draigoch

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 26 Aug 2011, 6:04 pm

Draigoch wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

Are you being serious? From recent memory did you watch the post-England (at Twickenham) match interview he did? I've always thought he came across very well indeed in interviews.

Draigoch - I'm afraid that I am serious. Perhaps I've just missed the TV spots where he's been measured and respectful. I just see him when he's smirking like a hoody who's just received his ninth ASBO and second surname.

He's scored about a thousand tries for you though, and I strongly suspect may not give a toss that he's disliked enormously by some of us out there.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2