The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Fighters do you love to hate?

+24
ONETWOFOREVER
d260005p
Fists of Fury
HumanWindmill
jammin
trottb
aja424
ShahenshahG
BallchinianMuffwig
joeyjojo618
JabMachine
AlexHuckerby
88Chris05
Rowley
Seanusarrilius
Super D Boon
azania
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
The Galveston Giant
Valero's Conscience
coxy0001
BoxingFan88
Mr Bounce
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which Fighters do you love to hate? Empty Which Fighters do you love to hate?

Post by Mr Bounce Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:31 pm

As per the title. Doesn't matter if they're absolutely top drawer fighters; if you don't like them, you don't like them.

Give reasons - it can be the lamest of things such as you don't like their haircut, doesn't have to be rational, but be as funny as you like!

I will give you:

James Kirkland. Arrogant thug who just relies on a big punch. Let's see what he can do against someone who actually has no fear of him.

Andre Ward. The slickest, most technically brilliant SMW out there. But as excitement goes, he's about as interesting as beige paint.

Wladimir Klitschko. Just because he can be KO'd and nobody's done it for years!

Cris Arreola. Stupid nipply name and seems to train by eating Tacos stuffed with cake batter and cheese.

Amir Khan. "I won. The referee got it wrong. I'm gonna appeal!" No, you didn't.

Tyson Fury. I only watch him because I want to see him flattened properly. No real power, zero defence, no technique and comes across as thick as they come.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Which Fighters do you love to hate? Empty Re: Which Fighters do you love to hate?

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Didn't angulo have no fear of Kirkland?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Which Fighters do you love to hate? Empty Re: Which Fighters do you love to hate?

Post by coxy0001 Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Roy Jones Jr. Dragged boxing down to its knees, thank god for De le Hoya being around to carry the mantle by not fighting bum after bum.

Kevin Mitchell. A dead grasshopper has more intelligence.

Both KBros. Opponents have to sell their souls to face them. And they're about as interesting as pubic shavings.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Chavez Jr - for how favourably he's been treated by the WBC and because of who his dad is

Ward - agreed, slick and very good but dull, dirty and he speaks about god and what not!

Andre Dirrel - a whiny little biatch but a great actor thumbsup

Sturm - the President i.e. highly protected, someone please KO him!

Pac - i just don't get brainwashed by all the PR/media about him and he lost his last fight!

Khan - not really hate but he annoys me a lot with his mouth.

Burns - Because I really wanted Katsidas to win again Cry

If I was following Vargas in his prime i couldn't have supported someone with that haircut!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:48 pm

[quote="Valero's Conscience"]Chavez Jr - for how favourably he's been treated by the WBC and because of who his dad is

Ward - agreed, slick and very good but dull, dirty and he speaks about god and what not!

Pac - i just don't get brainwashed by all the PR/media about him and he lost his last fight!

If I was following Vargas in his prime i couldn't have supported someone with that haircut![/quote]

They haircuts were all the rage when i was younger.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Carl Froch. I hate all this warrior nonsense. Takes pride in the fact he gets hit. Talked down to Ward and Ward put him in his place and made him look average.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Chris Arreola, Dereck Chisora, Tyson Fury and Eddie Chambers just fat wasters.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Don't really hate anyone but dislike a few for different reasons

Pacquiao- Think he's alot about hype and his fans have made it so i want him to lose

Haye- Embarrassing before the fight, during the fight and after the fight. Hope Vitali knocks his head off

Khan- Hypocrite. Lost fair and square in my eyes vs peterson after he failed to listen to the ref. Demanded rematch like it was a robbery like chisora-Helenius. He thought of the idea to give maidana or Prescott rematches though

Guerrero- After the Katsidis fight he has really annoyed me calling out top fighters in weight divisions where he has no business in. He should prove it in the ring

Cleverly- Don't know why but found myself routing for bellew when they fought.

Chavez Jr- waiting for him to step up so he can get knocked out but never does. Making lots of money of the back of a name rubs me up the wrong way

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:13 pm

If I was following Vargas in his prime i couldn't have supported someone with that haircut![/quote]

They haircuts were all the rage when i was younger.[/quote]

We're the same age and I can confirm that that hairstyle was not the rage back then in Kent LOL!

It was curtains, and dyed blonde hair back then in Kent! Luckily I escaped both trends with my short curly perm-esque number!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Hopkins for constantly whining like a little biyatch and spoiling constantly whilst moaning to the ref. Flippin merchant banker.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:If I was following Vargas in his prime i couldn't have supported someone with that haircut![/quote]

We're the same age and I can confirm that that hairstyle was not the rage back then in Kent LOL!

It was curtains, and dyed blonde hair back then in Kent! Luckily I escaped both trends with my short curly perm-esque number![/quote]

It was up here mate. Skinhead with a dyed blonde fringe. Bowl cuts were probably more popular though. Had a straight skinhead myself, still do.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:17 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Roy Jones Jr. Dragged boxing down to its knees, thank god for De le Hoya being around to carry the mantle by not fighting bum after bum.

Both KBros. Opponents have to sell their souls to face them. And they're about as interesting as pubic shavings.

Actually pubic shavings would be interesting, disgusting but interesting.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Roy Jones Jr. Dragged boxing down to its knees, thank god for De le Hoya being around to carry the mantle by not fighting bum after bum.

Actually pubic shavings would be interesting, disgusting but interesting.

Hate to think what you get your missus to keep away from her shaver...

Another boxer i have a distinct dislike for is Pavlik, seems determined to listen to the wrong people and is a waste of talent. Don't have much time for those that chuck it away i.e. Gazza, Best and co.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Fat heavyweights, David Haye, Joe Calzaghe, Derry Matthews and Junior Witter I have a lot more.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Andre Ward - Dirty and boring to watch. Sanctimonious. God doesn't really exist so he can't be that clever either.

Carl Froch - Silly "warrior" image, Calzaghe baiting and a hugely inflated sense of how good he is. Put in his place by the above.

Manny Pacquiao - Suspicious how can can to fight at higher weights, overrated ability wise, catchweights, fighting guys already beaten by Mayweather, robberies of Marquez.

Bernard Hopkins - From the Calzaghe pre fight comments to the fact he only ever rates black fighters and black trainers. Clearly a racist.

David Haye - Thought he could "hayemaker" his way to a "legacy" on less than 30 fights and less than 10 world title fights. Lazy and arrogant and thorughly put in his place. Very sore loser who still can't give his conqueror any respect.

Marco Huck - Massively overrated and just like Froch only even worse in thinking he's waaaaaaaaayyyyy better than he is. Only fights binmen. Idiotic calling out of the K bros when he's not even the best cruiserweight. Can't wait for him to get murdered when he goes up to heavy.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:34 pm

To be fair Super Boon, Froch was JCs mandatory was he not? Wasn't in the same league as Witter was with Hatton either, why's he not in your list based on your reasoning?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Witter is one of the hardest people to like on the planet. I genuinely would rather spend a day in Joseph Fritzls basement than listen to a Witter interview.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:39 pm

[quote="The Galveston Giant"]
Valero's Conscience wrote:Chavez Jr - for how favourably he's been treated by the WBC and because of who his dad is

How can anyone hate Burns haha, he is sooooooo nice.

Was Buncey on last night??

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Witter wasn't as irritating to me as Froch I guess. Besides, Froch was only JC's mandatory after JC decided to move up. Bernard Hopkins at the time was a much bigger fish to fry than Carl Froch, sadly he STILL is.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:42 pm

I hate Khan and Froch, I used to like them but don't now because they lost.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:42 pm

rowley wrote:I hate Khan and Froch, I used to like them but don't now because they lost.

hahahhahaha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:43 pm

Anthony Small?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:45 pm

azania wrote:Anthony Small?

He's not a fighter - he just a twonk... laughing

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:45 pm

I hate Froch, too - the difference being, I've always hated him, have always gone out of my way to discredit him, and have long had an agenda against him, apparently!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Az Jnr saw him a few weeks back when he was trying to proslethise. After an hour Smalls left referring to Az Jnr as a nutter. Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree it seems Which Fighters do you love to hate? 3933776953

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:49 pm

I respect Froch as a fighter. Not the warrior stuff that's just drivvel the fact he has taken on the best and has travelled to take them on.

I don't like the guy though he's an absolute clown. The way he spoke to Ward during the super 6 stare down as if he was dealing with someone who had no right being in the ring with him. Looks a bit silly now.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Union, I get a feeling that's not in yuor mod handbook...

I dislike Joe Calzaghe - Went from fighting bum to bum to bum for far too long, complained a million times at how he struggled to make the SMW limit could have moved up to LHW years before but never did, waste of talent.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:53 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Witter wasn't as irritating to me as Froch I guess. Besides, Froch was only JC's mandatory after JC decided to move up. Bernard Hopkins at the time was a much bigger fish to fry than Carl Froch, sadly he STILL is.

Just a shame JC didn't want an all British finale rather than a completely shot RJJ than completely bombed in a PPV sense eh.

Side note but.....

Pretty sure Froch's status is higher than JCs ever was in the states and would be able to fight any guy @ SMW or LHW if he issued a challenge.

Just to get your grinding your teeth some more.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:54 pm

David Haye - dislike his haircut - the afro was better, looks like generic black man now. Don't like the way he went about talking about the Klitschkos - theres a way of trash talking, and you don't involve peoples families.

Floyd Mayweather - masterful boxer, complete a*hole outside the ring. Don't like his voice or the way he says "the sport of boxing" - just irks me.

Bernard Hopkins - I don't like racist blacks, they're worse than racist whites. Racism only exists when a difference is highlighted, prejudice and discrimination are Bhops favourite acts.

Nathan Cleverley - Don't like his face, don't like his swagger. hasn't beaten anyone of substance. Not a real champion.

Chris Arreola - Fat waste of space. Still wouldn't like to take a punch off him, but if he got in shape and started working harder, he'd be good. He's riding a very weak heavyweight division in the middle just by being fat.

That goes for Samuel Peters too.

Tyson Fury - The man is annoying. His half irish/half manchester accent goes through me. I love the irish accent - you can't sound like Ricky Hatton and then switch to Father Ted. He's also out of shape and has no stamina.

Matthew Hatton - Sparred with him and he was complaining that my punch volume was too high in the third round. Also hit me around the back of the head a few times. If he did that against someone much better than me ala Martinez, he'd get wasted.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Think I also dislike pretty much every heavyweight that is not a member of the Klichko family, you're fighting to win the biggest prize in sport and to have your name along side the likes of Dempsey, Ali and Louis is it too much to ask you could perhaps walk past the odd KFC without going inside, don't care if you don't beat them but at least turn up in shape to try.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:56 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:Witter wasn't as irritating to me as Froch I guess. Besides, Froch was only JC's mandatory after JC decided to move up. Bernard Hopkins at the time was a much bigger fish to fry than Carl Froch, sadly he STILL is.

Just a shame JC didn't want an all British finale rather than a completely shot RJJ than completely bombed in a PPV sense eh.

Side note but.....

Pretty sure Froch's status is higher than JCs ever was in the states and would be able to fight any guy @ SMW or LHW if he issued a challenge.

Ha ha not really. Froch is well known as someone that got OWNED in America. Hardly the same cricism can be levelled against JC.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:00 pm

JabMachine wrote:David Haye - dislike his haircut - the afro was better, looks like generic black man now. Don't like the way he went about talking about the Klitschkos - theres a way of trash talking, and you don't involve peoples families.

Floyd Mayweather - masterful boxer, complete a*hole outside the ring. Don't like his voice or the way he says "the sport of boxing" - just irks me.

Bernard Hopkins - I don't like racist blacks, they're worse than racist whites. Racism only exists when a difference is highlighted, prejudice and discrimination are Bhops favourite acts.

Nathan Cleverley - Don't like his face, don't like his swagger. hasn't beaten anyone of substance. Not a real champion.

Chris Arreola - Fat waste of space. Still wouldn't like to take a punch off him, but if he got in shape and started working harder, he'd be good. He's riding a very weak heavyweight division in the middle just by being fat.

That goes for Samuel Peters too.

Tyson Fury - The man is annoying. His half irish/half manchester accent goes through me. I love the irish accent - you can't sound like Ricky Hatton and then switch to Father Ted. He's also out of shape and has no stamina.

Matthew Hatton - Sparred with him and he was complaining that my punch volume was too high in the third round. Also hit me around the back of the head a few times. If he did that against someone much better than me ala Martinez, he'd get wasted.

Funniest post so far. But what's a generic black man and why are black racists worse than white ones?

Arreola is getting himself into shape. The Adamek loss seems to have had a positive effect on him. Hope he now stops fighting fat bums though.

Peters is done.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Saw Arreola fight recently and agree he could be very good if he cut down his burrito intake. He's got good fast hands and is deciptively mobile for someone carrying sacks of lard on his torso.

I can eat a box of "serves 3/4" burritos in just two sittings which makes me feel gutsy. I bet arreola could do a full box of those things in one go! Maybe even two boxes in one go!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Side note but.....

Ha ha not really. Froch is well known as someone that got OWNED in America. Hardly the same cricism can be levelled against JC.

Froch is actually known as someone who's gone 5-2 against a streak of top level opposition.

And i quote

"Biggest Winner II

Froch (28-2, 20 KOs) also wasn’t given much of a chance going into the tournament. We all knew he was tough but he seemed to be a crude boxer with limited athleticism. He, too, fooled us. The brash Englishman has proved to be as skillful and cunning as he is resilient, going an impressive 5-2 against big-name opponents in his last seven fights to prove he is an elite fighter."

Weird, surely he'd be biggest loser.....

And has generally been acknowledged in their press as having the tougher route to the final, not to mention going on one of the toughest series of fights, back to back, in recent eras.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Yeah Alma, agree on Hamed. As well as his MBE he should have had his priavtes removed before he got chance to breed.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:12 pm

A generic black man...?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Dont hate either of them, but Martinez should stop calling out people who weigh a stone less than him, and Povetkin should throw his fake belt in the bin. If he doesnt want the Klichkos right now then fine, but dont claim to be a world champion.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:25 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:A generic black man...?

Yeah, you know is hung like a donkey.. When asked where he lives by the police answers with "da hood".. Walks round with an apparent limp.. etc etc

Wink

Source: Daily Mail

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Getting a bit racist on here...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:27 pm

For the more domesitcally aware, LEE "PLAYBOY" HASKINS. My god this guy is an absolute tube. Interesting style of boxing though...

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:28 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Getting a bit racist on here...

How? Was only a bit of light hearted fun.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:39 pm

James Toney - irritating deluded, waste of talent ad so forth.

Also hate Cleverly - smug child of questionable birth

I also extremely hate JCC senior for giving us jr who in himself is a bit too pathetic to hate

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:44 pm

I love James Toney P4P one of the best trash talkers around only to be bettered by Ricardo Mayorga who has now taken to calling out Oscar De La Hoya and is calling him panty boy! Which Fighters do you love to hate? 3602195817
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:45 am

Degale- Euro level at best,don't know what all the hype is about. This whole "i'm so good looking" thing winds me up big time! He looks like a spoon.

Cleverley and Bellew- Them hugging and kissing after the fight just shows what utter balls the so called grudge match really was.
Bellew just reminds me of the scousers who messed our last night on a family holiday up when they turned up and started fighting each other like the characters from Harry Enfield.
Cleverly supposedly being a world champion whilst admitting hes not ready for the best in the division.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:15 am

People who say DeGale is Euro level at best. The guys an Olympic gold medallists and has lost once in a very close fight against another top prospect in Groves. The guys had 4 12 rounder and he's only had 8 fights. He's European champion what more do you want?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:26 am

SugarRayRussell wrote: what more do you want?

For him to not spout such nonsense as "you ugly boy ginger innit" and "your breath smells"

lthough in all fairness he does seem to have toned it down a bit. I'll leave it until his next highly publicised fight before I am sure he has cut it out entirely

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:27 am

May I remind the board, the post is WHO YOU LOVE TO HATE, not WHO YOU HATE! Personally love to hate Floyd Mayweather, a great villain yet I eat up all the 24/7 nonsense, almost like a pantomime (oh no you didnt, oh yes i did) compelling viewing....

The rest I respect as boxers and couldn't care less about their personalities.

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:30 am

jammin wrote:May I remind the board, the post is WHO YOU LOVE TO HATE, not WHO YOU HATE! Personally love to hate Floyd Mayweather, a great villain yet I eat up all the 24/7 nonsense, almost like a pantomime (oh no you didnt, oh yes i did) compelling viewing....

Doesn't matter if they're absolutely top drawer fighters; if you don't like them, you don't like them.

I can see that from the description.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:35 am

Trottb Degale sold that fight he did the talking and made them something like £250k each. Without DeGales trash talking it wouldn't have been PPV. Some people take what boxers say to seriously. Why expect intelligence from a guy who gets punched for a living?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:37 am

trottb wrote:
jammin wrote:May I remind the board, the post is WHO YOU LOVE TO HATE, not WHO YOU HATE! Personally love to hate Floyd Mayweather, a great villain yet I eat up all the 24/7 nonsense, almost like a pantomime (oh no you didnt, oh yes i did) compelling viewing....

Doesn't matter if they're absolutely top drawer fighters; if you don't like them, you don't like them.

I can see that from the description.

As long as you accept you're deviating away from the post, in order to bash boxing's superstars at any given opportunity. Started as a fun post, ended negatively, and so close to xmas (shakes head).

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next