The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next QB to win his first Superbowl

+5
wadey101
Derbyblue
cherriesfna
Thomond
dancingweeman
9 posters

Go down

Who will be the next QB to win their first Superbowl?

The next QB to win his first Superbowl Vote_lcap46%The next QB to win his first Superbowl Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]
The next QB to win his first Superbowl Vote_lcap8%The next QB to win his first Superbowl Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
The next QB to win his first Superbowl Vote_lcap8%The next QB to win his first Superbowl Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
The next QB to win his first Superbowl Vote_lcap23%The next QB to win his first Superbowl Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
The next QB to win his first Superbowl Vote_lcap0%The next QB to win his first Superbowl Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The next QB to win his first Superbowl Vote_lcap7%The next QB to win his first Superbowl Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 13

The next QB to win his first Superbowl Empty The next QB to win his first Superbowl

Post by dancingweeman Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:25 pm

Just read on nfl.com that there are only 6 active QBs in the NFL with a Superbowl ring, and they discuss the contenders to be the 7th.

Wondered who people on here thought was best placed to be the next first time Superbowl winner?

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

The next QB to win his first Superbowl Empty Re: The next QB to win his first Superbowl

Post by Thomond Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:32 pm

Rivers,is probably best for this year,with Vick and Sanchez close. Give it two or three seasons and it could be Freeman.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

The next QB to win his first Superbowl Empty Re: The next QB to win his first Superbowl

Post by cherriesfna Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:39 pm

voted shanchez
not because he is the best
because he plays for the best team.

yes the eagles are good and have the best selection of players(which dosnt make them the best TEAM), but seeing mike vick repeating last years preformance in my opinion is a long shot and in a strong division may struggle to get to the playoffs.

cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:40 pm

I would obviously like it to be Colt McCoy for completely unbiased reasons....

In reality though I don't expect that to be happening for a while where as I can see Rivers winning one fairly soon, the Chargers have a very strong team something like best offense and 2nd best defense last year, if they can avoid injuries and get special teams working properly then I don't see how they couldn't make it all the way.

Do you have a link to the article?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:51 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821cd91f/article/who-will-be-next-qb-to-join-list-of-super-bowl-winners?module=HP11_content_stream

Link attached.

I'm torn between Rivers and Sanchez. As a Patriot fan, i'm not a fan of either of them really, but think this year they are the best placed to win. If a new QB doesn't win for the next couple of years i think i'd be more inclined to go for Freeman, or maybe even Stafford.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:54 pm

I don't think anyone can vote for Stafford and the Lions just yet, while we all expect him to be an improvement on the guys who have been replacing him they are still a complete unknown as we've seen so little of a healthy Stafford.

Thanks for the link.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by wadey101 Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:13 am

I've gone with Rivers, think the Chargers have a good chance this year if the special teams sort themselves out.

wadey101

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:22 am

I've gone other as I've a sneaking suspicion that Romo and the Cowboys will reach the Super Bowl this year, a few question marks on O-Line and Secondary but they've got one of the most talented rosters out there and I think they could surprise people with Garrett at the helm for the whole season.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:53 am

perhaps not an obvious choice (atleast ahead of vick, rivers etc..) but i went Flacco

thought the ravens snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in their play-off loss to the steelers, it could spur them on this season

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:43 am

I went with Rivers -- San Diego has been talented for awhile but always find a way to screw it up. If they sorted out their special teams problems, it could be their year.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:52 am

The Mangler US_UK wrote:I went with Rivers -- San Diego has been talented for awhile but always find a way to screw it up. If they sorted out their special teams problems, it could be their year.

My thoughts exactly.
Also if Ryan Matthews picks it up this year they might make themselves a little more balanced offensively as opposed to pass happy (although that approach would seem to work).

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down