The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+30
nottins
Standulstermen
Cowshot
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
mickyt
robbo277
Cari
poissonrouge
D24tress
rodders
Mickado
Adam D
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Luckless Pedestrian
perthshirepuma
PenfroPete
Gibson
prop_lyd
Thomond
WillyGilly
Suspicious lurker
Pal Joey
red_stag
Hound_of_Harrow
Mick(TEFC)
Ozzy3213
MBTGOG
Notch
Glas a du
Cymroglan
34 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2011, 9:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the David Pocock photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cider guinness coffee mug cuppa Bubbly RedWine

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Sep 2011, 7:45 pm

MBTGOG wrote:My head still doesn't seem to have registered the World Cup is starting on Friday or that I'm heading to Turkey on Thursday.

This summer hasn't gone anything like I've planned it but it has been absolutely fantastic. I wouldn't have believed it before it started but I've made myself so many new friends and really feel part of a community here.

I really do feel at home here.

Great to hear pal.
You will fit in anywhere you travel Munsty. You are open, honest, unbiased and true. People are strongly attracted to those key traits in a person. No matter where you roam. Wherever you lay your hat, that's your home. zen Ale

Where are you going in Turkey man?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Mick(TEFC) Sun 04 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

here's me, lauding the merits of Chester, and
Gibbo slips in with his 'where are you going in Turkey/ need advice' comment Run
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Sun 04 Sep 2011, 7:53 pm

Gibbo,backdoor music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BkGCkwJCWE
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 7:53 pm

Very Happy

Evening all.

I got fairly drenched at the rugby today, but the result made it all worth it. 1st half was awful, but 2nd half made up for it really. Well pleased for Fenby getting his try. Lots for us to work on, our half backs especially I think. And dear Lord we need Maule and Reynolds back in the centre asap.

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sun 04 Sep 2011, 7:58 pm

Strangely, it's been dry here all day:shock: Been out in the garden digging a new flower bed - as if I didn't have enough to weed already. Going to watch the Prem roundup on ITV4 (?) shortly. Well done Wasps yesterday, my brother will be a happy bunny.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:01 pm

Regarding previous post
My mate George at about 5.30 in his pink suit and glasses Yahoo
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:02 pm

Cream crackered after one match? Please. Munsty,you're a slap Wink

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:12 pm

Mick,

Tarporley is a lovely place as well. Nice little village. I will be trying the Boot soon. The same people that own that place own another pub called the Falcon. Another good place with a very good cheap ale.

Gibbo,

Thank you very much for the compliments. You have an ability to knock people back with your openness. I'm going to Istanbul first then a place called Enez which is just on the Aegaen sea.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:14 pm

Thomond wrote:Cream crackered after one match? Please. Munsty,you're a slap Wink

Be careful or I'll mod you for offensive language Wink

Oh and I have no problem admitting I am not fit enough. Secondly I've been quite active over the last week with a lot of squash and even some swimming. Add in a lot of late nights and early mornings. Adds up. But mainly I'm unfit.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:18 pm

I was only joking,was it full pitch or what? Squash is a great way to get fit if you play it for an hour or two,it can get pretty hot in that small room!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:47 pm

Nah, not a full pitch. I did score a beauty from long range though into small goals.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:47 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Nah, not a full pitch. I did score a beauty from long range though into small goals.

You're some tool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:50 pm

I missed a bad chance today actually,but won a lot of ball so I'm happy.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:59 pm

What position do you play Thomond?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:59 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
MBTGOG wrote:Nah, not a full pitch. I did score a beauty from long range though into small goals.

You're some hero.

Thanks!

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:00 pm

Centre mid, Munsty. Or defensive mid.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:16 pm

Johhny Giles type player T. Or a Billy Bremner? Enforcer, or a player of subtle, exquisite passes? Or both?

Did I happen to mention, that Nederland are No. 1 in the World? Ah, I may have already.

Watching them the other night was... well. Wait and see. Was not happy with their hardman image last WC.They dont need that. They have so much inherent skill. Runs against their grain to be nasty. But now, I think they actually have the best team ever. No huge superstars, but a Team at Last. Jebus H. Christus... A Team At Last!

Hoi Chef. Que passe mon chere?

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:31 pm

Gibbo,

Weren't they playing San Marino?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:38 pm

I just KNEW that was coming. Ha! You fell into my Trappa-Tony. Wink

Nah, Munsty it is the way they are playing their football. Just like they did in the 70's. They have only lost one game in years. The WC Final. They have learned that steel must go with the beauty.

They have gone back to their roots. Big differ this time being, Van Marwijk has them all singing from the same hymn-sheet. No dissent. Like Deccie, only successful...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:42 pm

Maybe so Gibbo. If they are indeed playing the old Dutch style, I'll be only too happy to cheer them on but there still seems to be something missing.

Plus, it's always fun seeing them play cracking football then fall apart.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:43 pm

Evening all

Big day in our house today, Hattie starts Primary school tomorrow so we've had a going to big school party.

Howya Gibbo and Munsty, yous twos ears must have been burning as was only talking about ye both with the wife about an hour ago. She sends her best Gibbo. guinness
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:44 pm

It aint who you play against, Its the way you do it. Check the 5th goal.

England, Germany, Spain. Forget it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN2evNyGSXk
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:44 pm

Gibbo,a bit of both like. Wouldn't get many goals but would set up a fair few like. I'm a talker though and it might help the team but can end up getting me in trouble with refs.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:48 pm

LDCPete wrote:Evening all

Big day in our house today, Hattie starts Primary school tomorrow so we've had a going to big school party.

Howya Gibbo and Munsty, yous twos ears must have been burning as was only talking about ye both with the wife about an hour ago. She sends her best Gibbo. guinness

What abooooot?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:50 pm

Gibbo,

Are you sure that's the goal you meant? Nothing overly special about it.

Germany have some very good players come up through, especially that Goetze kid from Dortmund. Mezut Ozil is a special player. Probably the best German player in the past 2 decades.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:51 pm

Munsty,if you're interested in youth development in football,pick up this months Fourfourtwo magazine. They have done articles on it for the last few months but they're focusing on Germany and Dortmund this month.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:52 pm

Hoi Pete! Love to C. Hope she is recovering well, after her hospital visit.

Tel her Jurgen says hello. laughing

Munsty. We dont fall apart. We are NOT NZ. 4 minutes from pen-kicks in the WC Final ... ah well. Robbed in 2 others(phhokin Germans & Argies - collaberators!). You make yer own luck I spose. And we will. European Championship is ours. So is the Soccer WC. There is no one even near us.

Believe.

Last edited by Gibson on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:53 pm

Gibson wrote:Hoi Pete! Love to C. Hope she is recovering well, after her hospital visit.

Munsty. We dont fall apart. We are NOT NZ. 4 minutes from pen-kicks in the WC... ah well. Robbed in others. You make yer own luck I spose. And we will. European Championship is ours. So is the Soccer WC. There is no one even near us.

Believe.

Might be no one near you but there are teams better than you.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:55 pm

Spain and Germany will be the top dogs in European football for the next few years. If FFP works then Germany could really reign supreme in the Champions league. Ajax seem to be really into the youth movement but other than them I wouldn't know of any other big clubs in Holland doing it. Pete,you going to head into the school for the weeuns first day,I bet she won't wan't to go in. Everyone's the same! The sandbox was the breaker for me if I recall correctly.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:57 pm

Thomond wrote:Munsty,if you're interested in youth development in football,pick up this months Fourfourtwo magazine. They have done articles on it for the last few months but they're focusing on Germany and Dortmund this month.

Might pick that up so. Have given up on Rugby World. Might head back to FourFourTwo.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:59 pm

The Turks here are having a pretty serious debate. I'm guessing it's about politics but I'm not sure. No idea what they're saying but interesting to watch at points.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:03 pm

MBTGOG wrote:
Gibson wrote:Hoi Pete! Love to C. Hope she is recovering well, after her hospital visit.

Munsty. We dont fall apart. We are NOT NZ. 4 minutes from pen-kicks in the WC... ah well. Robbed in others. You make yer own luck I spose. And we will. European Championship is ours. So is the Soccer WC. There is no one even near us.

Believe.

Might be no one near you but there are teams better than you.

Name just one and I will shoot you down with pure logic and no end of style. Ale

Fact is, there are none right now. And please dont say the Germans. Nowhere near us. Love to have them in the EC Final, in Poland/Ukrainie. And ride them. Payback time van Nederland. It's building. zen

Speakin of World Cups... jeez, it only 5 days away lads. I mean... Yahoo
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:04 pm

Munsty I can't help it, but whenever you mention the Turks, I keep thinking you're talking about Scarlets fans, it doesn't half confuse me until I figure out what you're on about.

and on that note I'm off.

I'm a sleepy but happy Dreamer today. Nos da pawb.

Oh and as I won't have chance to get in here much tomorrow, a safe trip to Penfro and Mrs Penfro for tomorrow Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:04 pm

Gibbo,the rankings are a joke anyway. England 4th?! laughing

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:05 pm

Germany are better Wink

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:07 pm

She's doing ok thanks Gibbo, hand the size of a football though, just don't send them cloggie boys round to start kicking it.

Munsty, wife was just asking who of the old 606 crowd had migrated across and which of the other mods/admins I'd met.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:07 pm

MBTGOG wrote:The Turks here are having a pretty serious debate. I'm guessing it's about politics but I'm not sure. No idea what they're saying but interesting to watch at points.

Always be aware that you are an Infidel, Munsty. Surplus to requirements. Very important. Observe, but say phook all. I know this. Really.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:13 pm

Got involved. Used my Turkish swear words and told them that they should talk about girls instead. Much more confusing but better to talk about. They say that they're not as confusing as Turkish politics.

I genuinely can't tell them how wrong they are.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:15 pm

Oh and something I've observed over my time. Turks really think they are very important. Kind of like the Brits. They always seem surprised that people don't know things about Turkey.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:23 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Gibbo,

Are you sure that's the goal you meant? Nothing overly special about it.

Germany have some very good players come up through, especially that Goetze kid from Dortmund. Mezut Ozil is a special player. Probably the best German player in the past 2 decades.

True. He is magic to watch. He gives more than he takes. Creates for others. Opposite to Messi and Girlie Ronaldo. He makes the whole team sing. Its true. Fantastic Turkish player.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:29 pm

What did I tell ye, only way was down. Got the winner right in sportguru in the scarlets game and dropped two places, now down in fifth.

It's a bit sad when I have my best ever week in sportguru and I didn't even win the week :-(
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:31 pm

Thomond wrote:Spain and Germany will be the top dogs in European football for the next few years. If FFP works then Germany could really reign supreme in the Champions league. Ajax seem to be really into the youth movement but other than them I wouldn't know of any other big clubs in Holland doing it. Pete,you going to head into the school for the weeuns first day,I bet she won't wan't to go in. Everyone's the same! The sandbox was the breaker for me if I recall correctly.

You see, when it comes to soccer on this site, yerman T, knows his onions. Big time.

Huge struggle by Cryuff to wrestle control of AJAX. It got durty over here. Now that he has, watch them really challenge in 2/3 years. In fact, even as an AZ fanatic, they will show the impetuous millionaires of Man C, Man U, Chelsea, Barca, Real Madrid- how it actually should be done. Kids up.

AJAX remind me of Leinster...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:33 pm

LDCPete wrote:She's doing ok thanks Gibbo, hand the size of a football though, just don't send them cloggie boys round to start kicking it.

Munsty, wife was just asking who of the old 606 crowd had migrated across and which of the other mods/admins I'd met.

Whistle
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:36 pm

I think when I find a woman that accepts the amount of time I spend on this and doesn't look at me all odd for meeting up with you lot, then I'll know I've found the right one.

Or not tell her until we're married.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:41 pm

She looks at me odd all the time anyway Munsty, not just for meeting up with you lot.

What's that tune yer whistling over there Hugh? Ale Hug
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:41 pm

[quote="MBTGOG"]Got involved. Used my Turkish swear words and told them that they should talk about girls instead. Much more confusing but better to talk about. They say that they're not as confusing as Turkish politics.

[
/quote]

Laugh
Its a Global leveller.

I like the Turks. Like the way they do business.Have a fewTurkish mates here. Grand out. As for North Africa... Im not a big fat racist.. but. Let their God sort them out.

Love the Iranians. They are Paddies under a different religion. Love em.

Just dont tell de Yanks, yeah?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:43 pm

[quote="Gibson"]
MBTGOG wrote:Got involved. Used my Turkish swear words and told them that they should talk about girls instead. Much more confusing but better to talk about. They say that they're not as confusing as Turkish politics.

[
/quote]

Laugh
Its a Global leveller.

I like the Turks. Like the way they do business.Have a fewTurkish mates here. Grand out. As for North Africa... Im not a big fat racist.. but. Let their God sort them out.

Love the Iranians. They are Paddies under a different religion. Love em.

Just dont tell de Yanks, yeah?

Gibbo,somehow I don't think Enda is sitting on some nuclear material Wink

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:55 pm

I hope his is T. Under his gobshoite, hand-shaking - arrse.

But, in fairness, (Oh sheet, politics AND religion) - he said the right thing about the Vatican. Took some balls to do so. Albeit, in a handy time to do it in...

Careful now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UET_rbvNPY
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:58 pm

Gibbo,

He did say the right thing about the Vatican. About time someone did, way too late in all reality but at least someone did in that position.

Did he ever get a reply from the Vatican?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Sep 2011, 11:11 pm

He did Munsty. It is now being deliberated. It is a key moment in the History of Catholisism. It is KEY what they do next. If only for people like my Mother, I want them to do the right thing. I saw her cry about this. Actually question her beliefs. It made me sad. And, this is a person who lived her Life as a true Catholic. Like a true Muslim. She is beautiful. Never, ever, heard her say a bad word about anyone. Always minding. Always protecting against the common flow. Always makes it nicer. But this - is hurting her.

Gibbo out.

Last edited by Gibson on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next