The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Haye comes out from hiding

+15
TRUSSMAN66
bhb001
Imperial Ghosty
Mind the windows Tino.
TopHat24/7
School Project
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Union Cane
Rowley
Scottrf
Fists of Fury
Waingro
Strongback
BALTIMORA
Commander
19 posters

Go down

So Haye comes out from hiding Empty So Haye comes out from hiding

Post by Commander Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:24 am

.. and on to a gameshow ('Red and Black') with Amir Khan.

Spoiler:

Commander

Back to top Go down

So Haye comes out from hiding Empty Re: So Haye comes out from hiding

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:34 am

Brill.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:41 am

Was he gun shy again?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:38 am

Haye should concentrate on boxing he is still quite young and he should fight fury imo that would be a good fight and better than audley harrison. He shold stay well clear of klitschko though he is too good for him.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:40 am

Haye would have far too much for Fury, who lest we forget is a big lumbering plodder, only akin to Wladimir in height and absolutely nothing else.

Povetkin, Chambers are the people I'd be looking at. It would indeed be a shame if he retired as he is young for a heavyweight, and can provide some exciting fights against people his own size, for sure.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:43 am

I am not so sure I do not think Fury would be an easy fight for Haye he is big and strong and I think Haye looks a bit scared at heavyweight coz the guys are much bigger than him. I though the Valuev fight was close and boring and I reckon Fury is better than Valuev who lets be honest is just big. Povetkin would be a good fight too but I think Povetkin would beat Haye.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:47 am

Didn't you see Fury when Chisora unloaded? Clueless. I think we can agree than Haye is quicker, more powerful and more composed than that when he lets his hands go.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:51 am

Maybe he is quicker than Chisora but I think he only throws single shots not sure he could take Fury out with one punch. Not saying Fury would definately win maybe he would lose but I think it would be a good fight I would like to see it.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:52 am

Also worth remembering Fury has not really done anything to suggest he has big time power at heavyweight. Am by no means Haye's biggest fan but would have to say he is too much for Fury at this stage, who apart from being a big unit does not really have the conditioning or tactical nous to really match up at world level just yet.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:53 am

He throws combinations when he has someone hurt.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:59 am

MAybe he should fight Price then or Towers who is getting on a bit and he cant wait much longer if he wants to get a shot i think he is already 33 him and fury would be a good match up they are both huge. I think Price is quality and would be Fury but it wold be a good fight. Think Haye should forget about Klitschko and fight some of these guys people in Uk would want to see them and they arent jokes like Audley Harrison lol who threw 1 punch and looked like he wanted to go home.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:00 am

lol
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:02 am

lmao
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:02 am

Towers woud be a better bet and one I would back Fury to win. Towers is one of the few guys who could match up physically with Tyson as he is huge, however saw him on the Kell Brook undercard some time ago and he is a bit clueless, get the impression if someone does not hang their chin in front of him he runs out of ideas pretty quick but as you say he is no spring chicken so they may have to take a chance with him sooner rather than later

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:05 am

Waingro, Haye shouldn't go anywhere near any of our domestic heavies, it would be a pointless task putting him in.

If anything, he should be in against someone like Arreola, Chambers or Adamek.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:08 am

I think he's to small for a heavyweight. He should go back down to cruiser and fight Cunningham that would be a good fight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:09 am

I think you are being harsh on the domestic heavies, lets be honest they are better than Harrison who Haye fought. Arreola and Chambers have been smashed up too many times before what makes you think they are much better than Fury or Price? I would say if Fury or Price were in America they would be hyped up massive and people would be saying they would beat Klitschko. I have not been impressed by those guys and I think Adamek is going to get smashed up next weekend.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:12 am

Fury is British and Commonwealth champ, he has said he wants the Irish title then the European, doing it properly like, the way it should be done.

As far as I can ascertain, Mike Tyson conqueror Kevin McBride is the current Irish champion, so Fury should fight him next.

European champion is Alexander Dimitrenko, so he should then be next for the big man.

He should then wait at European level until VK finally retires, and then go for the WBC title.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:16 am

Haye needs to rebuild his image and reputation as much as anything else (though personally I don't think we'll ever see him in the squared circle again) and he won't do this fighting domestic level fighters. Arreola has trimmed up a bit, is fighting regularly and is a known name in America, as is Chambers. Fact is from a reputational point of view these wins would be a finer tonic for Haye's current predicament than domestic non-achievers.

Price has some amateur pedigree but no name or reputation away from these shores whilst Fury has yet to justify the hype which seems to be built principally on a) his size; and b) his tacky name.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:20 am

prettyboykev wrote:I think he's to small for a heavyweight. He should go back down to cruiser and fight Cunningham that would be a good fight.

I can't imagine Haye has the necessary motivation to get back to cruiser though kev. Adam Booth and Haye himself made a lot of noise about bulking up to heavyweight in the correct fashion, whatever that actually means, and I doubt that he has the time or inclination to take the weight back off for another shot at a division he has very little business returning too.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:22 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Haye needs to rebuild his image and reputation as much as anything else (though personally I don't think we'll ever see him in the squared circle again) .

That tends to mirror my own thoughts, think for whatever faults he has Haye is not stupid and he will know he got a pasting against Wlad and so will know if he is in any kind of chance of doing better next time round there is some serious work to be done, just doesn't strike me as a guy willing to take three or four fights against tough opponents, probably not supported by PPV in this country, and unless he is going to fight far more frequently than he has for the last couple of years this would mean him sticking around the game for another two or three years minimum.

The only thing that makes me think he may stick around though is he probably had a decent career in the media and the like prior to this but going out with such a whimper and a lack of grace and sportsmanship could damage this, as there was plenty of people who felt cheated by the Wlad fight, could perhaps do with rebuilding his image as you rightly say, however would still back him to jack it in.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:23 am

He didn't actually get a pasting Jeff, just took a few jabs, but remember it was his complete lack of workrate that was his issue. In terms of defence he was fine.

Anyway, that's a debate for another day.

It'll be interesting to see his next move, for sure.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:26 am

Realised when I wrote it pasting was a poor choice of word but couldn't be bothered to think of something more appropriate, what I was trying to get across was he lost by a comfortable distance.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:28 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:I think he's to small for a heavyweight. He should go back down to cruiser and fight Cunningham that would be a good fight.

I can't imagine Haye has the necessary motivation to get back to cruiser though kev. Adam Booth and Haye himself made a lot of noise about bulking up to heavyweight in the correct fashion, whatever that actually means, and I doubt that he has the time or inclination to take the weight back off for another shot at a division he has very little business returning too.

He is to small for a heavy and can't beat the best two fighters at the weight. Cruiser is more competitive with guys like Cunningham, Lebedev, Huck, Tarver and Hernandez. May not be as glamorous as the heavies but he isn't a heavyweight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:29 am

Fists of Fury wrote:He didn't actually get a pasting Jeff, just took a few jabs, but remember it was his complete lack of workrate that was his issue. In terms of defence he was fine.

Anyway, that's a debate for another day.

It'll be interesting to see his next move, for sure.

His reputation took an almighty pasting, even if physically, he limped away intact.

I would think there is absolutely no way Haye would ever consider returning against a domestic level fighter. Nothing to gain and everything to lose. I think he may well return if he can negotiate a semi-decent deal to get beaten by Vitali, other than that, I would expect him slip off into retirement.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:34 am

I am not arguing with the gist of your argument kev, the point is, he won't ever consider it. He would have to shed too much weight to drop back to a division that he, rightly or wrongly, will consider as finished business. Sorry, but it makes absolutely zero sense for him now. It is too long ago and I think it is fairly safe to assume that he won't be thinking of buliding his legacy by dropping down a weight to fight a bunch of guys that, outside of the hardcore fan base, mean pretty much nothing in the context of his career.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:36 am

Haye has put on far too much weight now to effectively make Cruiserweight, we saw what happened to Jones Jr when he did something very similar and it wasn't pretty.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:36 am

For Haye, it's either quit or two / three fights against genuine top ten contenders e.g. Povetkin to determine whether he deserves another shot at the world title

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:37 am

lol physically he was not intact he had a life threatning broken toe did you not see it???

Maybe the toe was broken but he should of listened to Klitschko who is smart and sai if he blamed the toe he would look like a sore loser. Lennox Lewis spent alot of time bigging Haye up and giving him tips and even he was embarrassed by it and said Haye was making up excuses and should stop.

imo some of the domestic heavies here are quality i dont know why people think fat guys like arreola and chambers are much better than them??

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:42 am

Stop saying lol and imo please mate, it looks ridiculous.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:49 am

Waingro change your name back to Towser it so obviously is you...

As for Haye don't care if he comes back......Vitali would be no different and as he thinks he's worth more than he is.. it won't happen!!!!

Sure Guy Ritchie will employ him though and he will carve a niche amongst the casual sports fan if not the Boxing fan fraternity!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:50 am

No idea what you are talking about mate my name is Waingro, my name is Waingro not towser.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:54 am

You have every idea....what I'm talking about..

Towser hijacked almost every thread I wrote...The content and style of your posts are exactly the same..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:03 am

Have no idea what your on about mate dont know what you mean hijacking threads i wrote one thing on your Tyson thread how is that hijacking a thread? Dont matter to me anyway wont post on anymore of your threads not that pushed about them mate.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:04 am

You're breaking my heart..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:21 am

IF (and it's a big IF) Haye doesn't retire, as stated before he needs to re-establish himself. I would like to see him fight the following, in this order:

Dimitrenko
Helenius
Povetkin
Wlad again

If he comes throught the first 3 he would in my opinion have gained the necessary experience and shaken off enough ring rust by taking on the top European fighters in the division. Vitali won't be around by then and Wlad will not want him until he's earned his chance again.

Haye would have to stop being so cautious though and should show us what he belives he's capable of instead of standing off and pot-shotting. He knows he can take a punch as Wlad did hit him flush on a couple of occasions and he didn't go down.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:59 am

haye has lots of decent options who he could fight. arreola, povetkin, helenius, strivnre, adamek, fury, thompson, chambers, vitali, chagaev and even price but he wont fight any of them in my opinion, we would have heard something by now.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:00 pm

Welcome back Towzer

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:03 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Welcome back Towzer
Welcome back Lumbering_Jack

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 06 Sep 2011, 2:29 pm

Waingro wrote:lol physically he was not intact he had a life threatning broken toe did you not see it???

Maybe the toe was broken but he should of listened to Klitschko who is smart and sai if he blamed the toe he would look like a sore loser. Lennox Lewis spent alot of time bigging Haye up and giving him tips and even he was embarrassed by it and said Haye was making up excuses and should stop.

imo some of the domestic heavies here are quality i dont know why people think fat guys like arreola and chambers are much better than them??

Even though Arreola and Chambers are fatties, they have both legitimately worked up the rankings of WBO, WBC and IBF. Arreola has a very decent Amateur pedigree and since his 2 losses, has worked quite hard to get himself in better shape...

What good would Haye do by fighting two very Green domestic fighters??? David Price is a decent looking prospect and is coming along nicely, why mess up his progression by throwing him in with Haye? Fury is European level at best (and that's being nice to the guy) - but again, he is young and will learn.

So going back to the argument I first raised of "Stick him in with the fat yanks instead"?

1. Bigger names in the states.
2. They're ranked by the major bodies.
3. Better paydays and PPV deals in the US than fighting in some lesiure centre on Sky.
4. Better competition by guys who have been in the ring with the Klitschkos.

Need I say more?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:39 pm

Tino I don't think he will ever move back down to cruiserweight but personally I think he should.

Arreola, Chambers (although this won't happen he has an IBF eliminator with Tony Thompson), Povetkin and even Adamek (if he still has a head on his shoulders after Vitali) are all decent fights for Haye in the States.

Personally I don't think it matters he's a blown up cruiser weight who never beat the best at that weight and was very lucky to fight Wladimir in the first place.

He's too small he can't beat a K Bro and isn't active enough to re-build and I don't think he would be properly motivated because he's made good money dropping down now would be pointless.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:48 pm

Red and Black?

Is this Bullseye or another lame quiz show?

"Keep out of the black and into the red, there's nothing in this game for two in a bed"

Qulaity!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Fri 09 Sep 2011, 6:48 pm

Golden Boy advises Haye to carry on..

Since his twelve round decision loss to Wladimir Klitschko in July, former two division champion David Haye (25-2, 23KOs) has been keeping a low profile. Even prior to the Klitschko loss, Haye promised to announce his retirement from boxing in the month of October.

During their last conversation, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer advised the British superstar, who turns 31 on October 18, to continue his career.

“Our recommendation was for him to take a couple of fights in the U.S., maybe fight someone like a Chris Arreola. [Arreola] would be a great fight for Staples Center [in Los Angeles] and I think it would do very well. Maybe do an Arreola fight. I think after one fight he could be back. Maybe after one or two fights, he can go against the brother [Vitali Klitschko],” Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.

“I think just because you have one bad day at the office, you don't just walk away. You have to reassess and then come back bigger and stronger. At the end of the day it’s his decision. If he still wants it, I still think David has a great future.”

Vitali, who faces Tomasz Adamek on Saturday night in Poland, has expressed his willingness to fight Haye in several recent interviews. Schaefer, and the matchmakers at Golden Boy, believe the style of Vitali is an easier obstacle, in comparison to Wladimir, for Haye to overcome.

“I told him that our matchmakers like the Vitali fight and we think it would be much better [for him] than the Wladimir fight, because Vitali is much more robotic. David is very athletic and Wladimir is very athletic, and we felt that David would have substantial advantages against Vitali because of his athleticism,” Schaefer said.

Source: Boxing Scene

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down