The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer v Tsonga - Who will prevail this time?

+18
time please
teassoc
luciusmann
yloponom68
wow
Mad for Chelsea
JuliusHMarx
Positively 4th Street
barrystar
socal1976
droogle
Josiah Maiestas
Tenez
bogbrush
legendkillar
Simple_Analyst
CaledonianCraig
FedsFan
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Fed v Tsonga - Who will prevail?

Federer v Tsonga - Who will prevail this time? - Page 3 Vote_lcap71%Federer v Tsonga - Who will prevail this time? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 12 ]
Federer v Tsonga - Who will prevail this time? - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%Federer v Tsonga - Who will prevail this time? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Federer v Tsonga - Who will prevail this time? - Page 3 Empty Federer v Tsonga - Who will prevail this time?

Post by FedsFan Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Once again its going to be a Fed v Tsonga QF, the third in almost as many months. Will Federer be able to turn the tables on Tsonga this time around or will it be a third consecutive defeat for Federer?

Tsonga is playing really well and I for one think it is enough to beat Federer. Fed on the other hand is up and down and I am just wondering whether he had what it takes to beat Tsonga. Tsonga's serve is brilliant as are his ground strokes which make it very hard to get into his service games.

I think Federer is really up against it in terms of the draw compared to the others in the top four. Murray has been spared JMDP, Novak has Tipsaravic which will be a straight sets win and Nadal has been fortunate again this year as he has no real threats except Murray should he reach the semis.

Fed's got his work cut out for him that't for sure!

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Federer v Tsonga - Who will prevail this time? - Page 3 Empty Re: Federer v Tsonga - Who will prevail this time?

Post by luciusmann Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

I reported your post because you personally abused me which is against the rules of this forum. I alleged you might be, based on the similar posting styles, I'm entitled to my opinion.

They're not allegations, I've posted some of what you said, pointing to one thread where in fact you said very little doesn't really convince. You posted far more on other threads which confirm what I say. If you think otherwise, go for it, dig them out and show everyone but I've just reproduced one of your posts and to be honest, that doesnt sound like someone wishing Djokovic luck, just sounds like a bitter Nadal fan. You dont convince anyone by saying you simply want to wait and enjoy the tennis, what's wrists and bitter juice got to do with anything? So child like.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Federer v Tsonga - Who will prevail this time? - Page 3 Empty Re: Federer v Tsonga - Who will prevail this time?

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:58 pm

luciusmann wrote:I think you should read some of your posts on that old thread, you're not bitter? Read this:

'And should Nadal make the finals and win, what would you do? Drink more bitter juice and cut your wrist?'

If you don't care so much, why is your post so childish and bitter? It's funny you accuse others of what you clearly feel yourself, bitterness. Nadal isn't the best of all time, get over it. I might need to repeat that so you can understand it (English not being your first language and all).

Surely a grammar perfect person of yourself should be able to identify the 'should' used in the context of that sentence which points to the uncertain tone of the sentence as well as the mocking of a Federer fan? Lucisumann, you really disappoint me. Think a little Laugh

Infact, the sentence you quoted even gave an uncertainty to Nadal making the final and respecting the possibility that he could actually not make the finals because he had a match against Murray. You really make this easy don't you?

By the way if it was Federer Nadal was playing before the finals, i wouldn't have used "should". Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:58 pm

barrystar wrote:I may be wasting my breath - but why don't you two give it a miss.

I guess because they are both having such a good time!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:00 pm

I would Barrystar, but when people personally abuse others, that's not on. SA doesn't seem capable of debating politely and it's funny, whenever you admit you make a mistake somehow it's a sign that you're stupid or not knowledgeable about tennis but when SA makes errors on his knowledge on tennis, oh, we should be compassionate because everyone makes mistakes. Talk about total hypocrisy, anyone can see beyond the facade of purported wisdom SA claims to have. It's funny, he makes so many errors and that's not even the grammar I'm talking about.

SA, you're rambling, the sentence I wrote makes sense, if you need to consult a book on English grammar, I suggest you do. I'm still waiting for you to find a post where I said I was grammar perfect? If you can't, stop patronizing me, it just makes you look childish.

Last edited by luciusmann on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:01 pm

luciusmann wrote:I reported your post because you personally abused me which is against the rules of this forum. I alleged you might be, based on the similar posting styles, I'm entitled to my opinion.

They're not allegations, I've posted some of what you said, pointing to one thread where in fact you said very little doesn't really convince. You posted far more on other threads which confirm what I say. If you think otherwise, go for it, dig them out and show everyone but I've just reproduced one of your posts and to be honest, that doesnt sound like someone wishing Djokovic luck, just sounds like a bitter Nadal fan. You dont convince anyone by saying you simply want to wait and enjoy the tennis, what's wrists and bitter juice got to do with anything? So child like.

Why should i dig them up? Am i accusing myself of anything? Laugh. You are the one accusing me so all we need is evidence to back it up.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:02 pm

I declare this contest a draw

ghost

emancipator - universal peacemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

This contest? A case of one sided debate between a Nadal fan and Federer fan. Now where have i seen one "sided" used before when those two are mentioned? Wait! Here - 17-8 Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

It's funny, he makes so many errors and that's not even the grammer I'm talking about.
SA keeps shanking his tennis knowledge down the loo 🤦
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:06 pm

I've said you weren't, if all you can do is point to one thread with a few of your posts when you made loads on others, that says it all.

Everyone uses should to speculate about the future, what's your point? I was looking at your aside comments, not what you were speculating as to might happen.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:08 pm

yea 17-8, no one has ever said that before have they.... 5 in a row and 8 of the last 9 Whistle Davydenko and Blake thumbsup
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:08 pm

SA, it's funny how all you ever come back to is Fed bashing, I don't need to say anymore, it says everything about you, I suspect it's why most posters might not take you seriously.

I don't go around bashing Nadal repeatedly, but it says a lot about me that I don't resort to it compared to your constant Fed bashing.

Funny, if we had a vote of the posters on this website, I think most would vote with me and most would vote against you, that's how convincing you're arguments are.

Last edited by luciusmann on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:09 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:...between a Nadal fan...

Oh, and here's me thinking you were unbiased in your role as educator to others! Wink

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:11 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:...between a Nadal fan...

Oh, and here's me thinking you were unbiased in your role as educator to others! Wink

Laugh exposed baby

Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm

This Fed-Tsonga thread is in it's third page and the match hasn't even started Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:15 pm

emancipator wrote:This Fed-Tsonga thread is in it's third page and the match hasn't even started Shocked

Fed is playing Tsonga ??!! Hmmm, wonder who will prevail?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:17 pm

Or maybe it's SA vs Lucius?

I'm confused Erm

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:19 pm

You see Luciusmann, i rightly pointed to your intelligence or lack if it to be precise. Well to point out on another thread where as no suprise a Federer fan was the author raining on Djokovic's recent success;

"Re: Nole Reality Check
by Simple_Analyst on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:47 pm

.The interesting part here of all this is; Djokovic actually doesn't have to be at peak level all year. This season is going great and he is virtually unbeatable but from next season, you'll see him pacing himself more to peak for slams like Nadal and Federer have shown. This means he will suffer more loses between slams next year and when it comes to the big ones, he can simply play his best tennis which is way above every ones level now to win.
And for the love of mankind Boggo, after so many failed player predictions in the past, the most famous of all when you declared Nadal could never win a slam outside clay(on the old 606 board in 2006) haven't you learnt a lesson yet and not to predict Djokovic cannot win 10 slams? He could easily win the USO and 4 next year to reach 8 for starters..
Simple_Analyst

This was just me openly acknowledging the great year Djokovic is having and how i see him doing well and winning more slams.

Luciusmann, you are a waste of time! Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:27 pm

"He could easily win the USO and 4 next year to reach 8 for starters.."

So he could win 6 slams in a row easily? Now that really is a bold prediction. And that's only for starters!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:43 pm

How funny SA, that you said this after Djokovic beat Nadal, not before. Sure a lame dig out is not even worthy of response since any of the Nadal fans left after he lost were mostly saying how brilliant Djokovic had been to beat Nadal. It's a bit of a silly post you made, ergo, Nadal's next best surface after clay was grass, ergo, he loses on grass, there's precious little chance he'll win on hard court against Djokovic.

You're wasting my time SA, it might be a better idea to frequent the Spanish boards where you might be all able to agree how wonderful Nadal is and how he will make a come back?!

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:53 pm

luciusmann wrote:How funny SA, that you said this after Djokovic beat Nadal, not before. Sure a lame dig out is not even worthy of response since any of the Nadal fans left after he lost were mostly saying how brilliant Djokovic had been to beat Nadal. It's a bit of a silly post you made, ergo, Nadal's next best surface after clay was grass, ergo, he loses on grass, there's precious little chance he'll win on hard court against Djokovic.

You're wasting my time SA, it might be a better idea to frequent the Spanish boards where you might be all able to agree how wonderful Nadal is and how he will make a come back?!

Luciusmann, this is getting embarrassing, we have been waiting for you for years now to point out where even before the Wimbledon final i had posts discrediting Djokovic and you still come up with nothing Laugh

You even make my point further. As a person who appreciates Djokovic, it was only decent to praise his domination further after Wimbledo. I could easily become a Federer fan after Nadal beat him and create facebook dislike pages Laugh but no, i enjoy watching Djokovic's dominate this year.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:16 pm

If I had the time, I would waste it digging it up for you, but I got better things to do with my time than waste it on you.

You really are coming up with more ridiculous posts, praise which was scant before Djokovic won? That shows how sincere you are and how dumb you think others are on here, people can see right through you.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:35 pm

luciusmann wrote:If I had the time, ...

That made me laugh!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:36 pm

Luciusmann, You have been dominated pretty badly but you keep coming back Laugh

My praise for Djokovic was scant before he won yet General Luciusmann can't show such. I have only fully praised Djokovic's achievements including when he became World No.1 way before the finals.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:49 pm

Right guys,

No one here is Masked Magician. I can 100% confirm that, so drop those accusations.
This is your final warning. The insults and petty bickering stops now or you will receive a ban without warning until the end of the US Open.
I will unlock this thread in the morning once you have cooled off for a bit.

YI

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2011, 7:10 am

Thread unlocked.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 09 Sep 2011, 7:13 am

Well now we know; order has been restored and Universe is back in balance.

And I'm not talking about Simpleton and lucius.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedex_the_best Fri 09 Sep 2011, 7:23 am

I watched the match as I always do for Fed's turns.

It was not the best of matches. Someone here had postulated a theory of Fed playing alternate great matches - well, it looked like that as this was a step down from his Monaco match.

However, Jo kept on making unforceds and his first serve wasnt finding the marks so all Fed needed to do was to play solid. Fact is when Jo isnt playing his A+ game, he is miles away from Fed and it showed. Had Fed being playing his best game, Jo would have got blown away.

Fed broke Jo twice in the first set but got broken once. Broke Jo thrice in the second set but was also broken once. In third set, it was one break that concluded it - though from 0-40 up, Fed missed chances to make it a straightforward break and had to alter between deuce-advantage to finally seal it.

On the positives, Fed played some supreme volleys and his defenese was better.

Trust this serves as a good match report for all!

Fedex_the_best

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri 09 Sep 2011, 8:21 am

Fedex_the_best wrote:Trust this serves as a good match report for all!

Sounds reasonable to me though I only saw the first 5 games.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 09 Sep 2011, 8:42 am

Thanks, sorry to hear it wasn't the big performance the scoreline suggested. Do we expect too much of TMF? Was it a better effort than Djokovic put in against Tipsy?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Fri 09 Sep 2011, 8:50 am

Here's the Federer interview:

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/video/2011-09-08/01324c5b2fc800000588.html

Here's the Tsonga interview:

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/video/2011-09-08/01324c4949c000000587.html

Last edited by kemet on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I want to add the Tsonga interview)

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 09 Sep 2011, 8:56 am

Tenez wrote:

He looked good in those didn't he (though the first 5 points had me concerned!)?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri 09 Sep 2011, 9:15 am

bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:

He looked good in those didn't he (though the first 5 points had me concerned!)?
Actually his returns were hitting the tape of the net but they were meaningful and I felt it was just a slight tuning issue...which it seems it eventually turned out to be.

Disappointing that Tsonga was in a poor form but for the rest of the tournament, it was a blessing.

Now are the semis on Sat or Sunday? Sunday...right?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Fri 09 Sep 2011, 9:27 am

Wrong Saturday.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Fri 09 Sep 2011, 9:35 am

didn't see the match, so thanks for report Fedex thumbsup What time did they get onto court?

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedex_the_best Fri 09 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm

They had a 1 hour 15 minute break. Fed looked sharp before rain but after rain, it was more like a bad performance from Jo and solid outing from Fed. Basically, Tsonga lost rhythm on his serves and then he was just chasing the ball. Second set was particulary bad from Jo as Fed just put the balls in play and he hit them out so Fed had 3 breaks on Tsonga serves.

But yeah, Fed didnt play bad - he just hadnt had the time or neednt play spectacular. Biggest rally was 18 shots so you can imagine - Tsonga was going for his shots and missing them.

Fed's backhand was average for the match - nothing like in the Monaco's match. Forehand was good, volleys and serve (most of the times) were spot on. Fed came to the net a lot more and even on bad approach shots, made good volley winners.

Fedex_the_best

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2011, 1:08 pm

I also watched the entire match.

Roger came out sharp before the rain delay.

After the rain delay it was a patchy performance.

Tsonga was pretty awful.

Roger served very well and that made the difference.

In all honesty, his ground game was quite shaky, lots of errors, moreso than winners.

He has to play significantly better if he wants to beat Novak. His ability to win from the baseline has declined hugely and we know how consistent Novak is off the baseline.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3