The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is British boxing getting as bad as German.

+9
Rowley
Eyetoldyouso
Daz
Scottrf
Liam_Main
Dominic Dicoco
rycoys
TechInept
hogey
13 posters

Go down

Is British boxing getting as bad as German. Empty Is British boxing getting as bad as German.

Post by hogey Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:18 pm

Just watched a very limited looking Jamie Cox get gifted the Commonwealth title after hitting Obodia Sai low about 15 times and getting well outboxed for the 2nd half of the fight. He not only should have lost the fight on the cards his low blows certainly could and probably should have cost him a DQ rather than the 2 points he was deducted. I was ashamed to watch that it reminded me of the Reed vs Ottke and i never thought i would see such a disgrace in a British ring.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Is British boxing getting as bad as German. Empty Re: Is British boxing getting as bad as German.

Post by TechInept Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:20 pm

Agreed. Disgusting. Can't imagine how Sai is feeling, must be absolutely raging.

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Is British boxing getting as bad as German. Empty Re: Is British boxing getting as bad as German.

Post by rycoys Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:28 pm

another bullet for boxing , what a waste of time , wonder if the judges were drinking warrens free champers ! SHOCKING

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:30 pm

Worse than Germany, some of the decisions over here a joke. No way Sai will be given a rematch either.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:35 pm

A number of times this is happening over here and a number of times IJL is involved. I'm not saying he's corrupt but somethings not right.

You could see the general disgust in Sai's corner when they heard the result. Won't get the rematch he deserves either.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:36 pm

And I also counted 12 low-blows.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:36 pm

Liam_Main wrote:A number of times this is happening over here and a number of times IJL is involved. I'm not saying he's corrupt but somethings not right.
Criminally incompetent or just criminal. Either way.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:44 pm

The referee turned a blind eye and the judges just used the one. Corrupt! Wish they interviewed Warren.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:46 pm

Warren was far too busy making sure the Judges glasses were full of champers to bother with an interview.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:59 pm

hogey wrote:Warren was far too busy making sure the Judges glasses were full of champers to bother with an interview.

Must have started at about 12 this afternoon for the judges to give cards like that.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:25 am

Absolutely disgusting decision. Feel so sorry for Sai. Poor guy just lost his livelihood. Corruption. No other way to put it. Shocking.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:42 am

Utter disgrace. The BBBC must immediately state that they are launching an enquiry. Can they mandate a rematch?

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:50 am

BBBC are just as bloody useless. The judges and referee need sacking. Bloody joke.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 10 Sep 2011, 8:47 am

The cards were a joke but truth is they should have been irrelevant as Cox should have been kicked out long before the fight reached that stage. Hass been a while since I have seen fight outcome that has left me as embarassed as that one.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Sat 10 Sep 2011, 9:01 am

Think Dazstarr summed it up the BBBC are hopeless, bunch of pen pushers who don't have a clue about boxing, a bit like their counter parts in football the FA.

Wasn't far off being as bad as the Agbeko fight recently.
Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat 10 Sep 2011, 9:23 am

That was a joke. If I was Sai I would have been really p|ssed off!, He clearly won that fight and he proved how limited Jamie Cox is. He's got the tools but not the boxing brain.

Decisions like this will deter title holders coming over here to defend. We are starting to get a German like reputation for hometown decisions.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Sat 10 Sep 2011, 9:57 am

rowley wrote:The cards were a joke but truth is they should have been irrelevant as Cox should have been kicked out long before the fight reached that stage. Hass been a while since I have seen fight outcome that has left me as embarassed as that one.

Spot on.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 10 Sep 2011, 2:38 pm

I mentioned this on the Cox-Sai but I wasn't surprised this happened.

We say Germany is impossible to get a decision but we are becoming just as bad. Mark Green should be sacked he seen a lot of they low blows and let them go. How much longer will Ian John Lewis get away with scoring fights like this.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Sep 2011, 2:41 pm

Sad for sport

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down