The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Brits still be up for Haye?

+7
Rowley
Herman Frotchlinger
AlexHuckerby
Fists of Fury
Steffan
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Waingro
11 posters

Go down

Will Brits still be up for Haye? Empty Will Brits still be up for Haye?

Post by Waingro Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:28 pm

I read on sky that Haye has said he want to fight Klitschko again and after Vitali destroyed Adamek he said he would like to fight Haye and knock him out for being disrespectful so it looks the fight could go ahead and david Haye said he would be willing to postpone his retirement for the fans and that he ha talked to Lewis who gave him good tips on how to smash up Vitali which is a big advantage lets not forget.

But do you think that the Brits will support Haye if he fights Vitali lets be honest the last fight was poor and Haye was not great he also blamed his toe and looked like a sore loser. Got to be honest I would still support Haye I would like a British champ instead of Klitschko but I also would not be up for him as much as I was in the last fight and would not be too gutted if Klitschko wins. Do you think the Brits will still want to him to win though coz he is still slagging off Klitschko and their opponents saying there are bums? It seems that some people do not like Hae much anymore and think he is bad for boxing, that id their opinion but mine is it would still be good to have a British champ.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Will Brits still be up for Haye? Empty Re: Will Brits still be up for Haye?

Post by Waingro Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:30 pm

lol forgot to say that I also think Haye should have Lewis in his corner for the fight the guy was a legend and beat Klitschko and could show Haye how to do it. Booth could still do the conditioning and some of the training but I think they need to listen to Lewis who has great experience.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:43 pm

Haye hasn't got the tools Lennox had at his disposal or the skill or the bottle. So Lennox telling Haye how he beat Vitali is pointless because Haye isn't capable of what Lennox was even when he was past it.

I would pay money to watch Haye vs Vitali just to see the mouthy git sparked out. I never supported him against Wlad but He won't take anywhere near the amount of fans to Germany as he did last time. He got booed out the arena.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:46 pm

Did he really get booed by his own fans I thought it was German fans becuase he blamed the loss on the ref and toe??

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:47 pm

You are right that Haye is nowhere near as good as Lewis but lets be honest having him in your corner and getting advice from him would be a big help plus it could mess with Vitalis mind seeing Lewis there who beat him before I think getting Lewis into HAyes training camp and corner would be a great idea.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

The British fans booed him and who could blame them. This fight won't make him anywhere near as much money as the Wlad fight because their will be no interest in this over in America.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:53 pm

Vitali has a lot of respect for Lennox but him being in Hayes corner would make no difference Haye can't do what Lennox did and Vitali knows it and lets face it if I was Lennox I would stay away from Haye's corner he's going to get battered if this fight happens.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:35 pm

The main difference between Lennox and Haye is the fact that Lennox is one of the best fighters of the last 30 years and Haye is the worst heavyweight champion ever after Nikolai Valuev

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:41 pm

prettyboykev wrote:The British fans booed him and who could blame them. This fight won't make him anywhere near as much money as the Wlad fight because their will be no interest in this over in America.

Kev, you're sadly misinformed, I was there, and whilst there was an air of disappointment, there was zero booing from the British fans. They accepted that the task at hand was simply too difficult.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:46 pm

There won't be as much money in this fight, however if he does pull it out of the bag (Unlikely) then he could be looking at mega bucks again against the rematch with Wlad.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Frotchlinger Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:48 pm

Needs to earn his crack, and you'd say the same for anyone else.

Cleaned out a urine weak cruiserweight division, and done nothing at heavy except run his mouth. That's the bottom line. Coming across as a bit of a huckster since his non-performance in his last fight.

Best way to address that and salvage his reputation would be by beating a couple of contenders or semi-contenders, starting with Arreola in America. Can't hate on Haye myself, you go with your gut, and he just doesn't bother me, though his hospital remarks to Vitali were disgusting and have no place in the game. Fair play to Wlad Klitschko too, who didn't overly gloat after his comprehensive victory over Haye.

Herman Frotchlinger

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:51 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:The British fans booed him and who could blame them. This fight won't make him anywhere near as much money as the Wlad fight because their will be no interest in this over in America.

Kev, you're sadly misinformed, I was there, and whilst there was an air of disappointment, there was zero booing from the British fans. They accepted that the task at hand was simply too difficult.

Sounded like their was plenty of booing and Sky said the British fans booed him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:54 pm

I hope he gets the fight with Vitali and gets knocked into next week, hope that clears up whether this "Brit" will be still up for Haye

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:03 pm

Waingro the problem for me is that everyone knows how to beat him but nobody can.

I'd also fancy Vitali to demolish him within a couple of rounds as he seems to be the one that was extremely riled by Hayes insults.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:09 pm

"Destroy Haye in a couple of rounds" Funny comments, yes he would of course be destroyed in a couple of rounds Rolling Eyes . Nothing is there to suggest he would be destroyed in a couple of rounds. Adamek who is nowhere near as elusive as Haye lasted 10 don't think this is a simple demolition job... Wlad never had Haye in any actual trouble either. Took any punches that came his way and nearly all of the jabs actually missed to be honest... It was just Hayes inability to throw back, which is the constant problem for everyone facing either Klits.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm

I have lost alot of interest in the heavyweight division overall so I cant say I would be rather indifferent to this fight in general however my support would firmly lie with the Ukranian.

I find Haye a very hard person to like either as a person or as a boxer and I cant say it comes as any great surprise to see he hasnt learned anything in humility or class and is once again relying on the lowest common denominator to secure himself some extra cash.

I have to be honest, when Haye initially moved to heavyweight I did sit up and take notice to some extent but by the time he actually did fight Klitschko he had gone beyond exhausting his goodwill from me and frankly I couldnt care less that he lost, even though I would dearly love to see some new lie and talent breathed into the division. Haye has proven beyond reasonable doubt he does not have the talent, style or class to be this so called saviour and personally I cannot fathom how anyone could find him charismatic in the slightest. The more he talks, the more he comes across as little more than a clown. Any comparisons with an Ali should be reserved for Comical Ali, rather than Muhammad.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:18 pm

I find him pretty funny. Perhaps you don't have that crude sense of humour as I do Colonial. I enjoy sick jokes and In know that Haye is only saying it in jest to get the Klitschko's annoyed and sell the fight. I think people take things too literally! You can quote me a load of things he's said, but I even find the things he's said leading to the Audley fight such as "It's going to be as one-sided as a gang Cuddle in a bad way"
Personally I thought it was funny, but perhaps I'm just twisted...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:18 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:"Destroy Haye in a couple of rounds" Funny comments, yes he would of course be destroyed in a couple of rounds Rolling Eyes . Nothing is there to suggest he would be destroyed in a couple of rounds. Adamek who is nowhere near as elusive as Haye lasted 10 don't think this is a simple demolition job... Wlad never had Haye in any actual trouble either. Took any punches that came his way and nearly all of the jabs actually missed to be honest... It was just Hayes inability to throw back, which is the constant problem for everyone facing either Klits.

I think you would see a different side to the beast Ale which is why I said that. Like I said Vitali seems to be the one who has been annoyed more by Hayes antics and also seems to be the more aggressive that is why I think Haye will be in a lot of trouble early on. While he was never particularly bothered by Wlad I honestly think that Vitali wouldn't be anywhere near as cautious and couldseriously trouble him.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:21 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I find him pretty funny. Perhaps you don't have that crude sense of humour as I do Colonial. I enjoy sick jokes and In know that Haye is only saying it in jest to get the Klitschko's annoyed and sell the fight. I think people take things too literally! You can quote me a load of things he's said, but I even find the things he's said leading to the Audley fight such as "It's going to be as one-sided as a gang Cuddle in a bad way"

Alex I agree with the wind up an selling side of Haye but personally think you have to back it up and more importantly show a bit of class after the fight, win or lose, which he never has.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Paul Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:21 pm

I reckon Brits will buy this fight in droves, just to see Haye getting a leathering, VK knows he only has a certain number of fights left in him and Haye will sell out Wembley, saying that I reckon VK would just as happily fight him in a car park in the East End somewhere with nobody watching.

Big Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:22 pm

He wouldn't come out straight snarling, he's not stupid, people always say things like this, it rarely happens... I can't see a clever guy just going all out attack against Haye. Though as it goes on he will become more aggressive. Vitali has the gameplan sit behind the jab throw the right when he can and keep going, if he hasn't knocked them out by then take a breather keep popping the jab and then go for them in the last third and more often than not knock them out. Can't see him changing this even if he is riled. David would have to do something especially amazing to get him that mad.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:23 pm

Would love to have enough money to pay David Haye to leave for Cyprus, never come back and never say another word!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:24 pm

trottb wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:I find him pretty funny. Perhaps you don't have that crude sense of humour as I do Colonial. I enjoy sick jokes and In know that Haye is only saying it in jest to get the Klitschko's annoyed and sell the fight. I think people take things too literally! You can quote me a load of things he's said, but I even find the things he's said leading to the Audley fight such as "It's going to be as one-sided as a gang Cuddle in a bad way"

Alex I agree with the wind up an selling side of Haye but personally think you have to back it up and more importantly show a bit of class after the fight, win or lose, which he never has.

I think a lot of people don't realise he was embarassed and it was a weak moment for him when the toe excuse came out and has come out after and said Wlad was better ont he night, but just said he wasn't 100% fit for him... Which is true... He shook his hand, saying that he hasn't showed class I don't get... No doubt he didn't back it up I never said anything about that...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:28 pm

He threw that right a lot more than expected early last night. I know Adamek is a lot easier to hit but emotion can play a lot in boxing especially when someone is saying things that you personally find disgusting about your family.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:30 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
trottb wrote:

I think a lot of people don't realise he was embarassed and it was a weak moment for him when the toe excuse came out and has come out after and said Wlad was better ont he night, but just said he wasn't 100% fit for him... Which is true... He shook his hand, saying that he hasn't showed class I don't get... No doubt he didn't back it up I never said anything about that...

Mate complete lack of calss by getting your toe out and saying it was all to blame. Granted he wasn't 100% fit but the result was always going to be the same. The fact that he has been effectively sulking for 3 months it for me.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:35 pm

Whatever else about him, he has rarely displayed class. Still calling other contenders bums and plums despite doing little better himself. Blaming toe injuries, the ref, the fans, the judges. He is a walking excuse.

If his comments were intended as comedy perhaps I would see the funny side more often, but to me they come across as little more than bitter or classless as well as hypocritical.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:46 pm

I've gotta ask the question, why does him displaying no "Class" even come up as a talking point as to why he shouldn't get a shot, so many people seem to say this. Listen you either love him or hate him, I'm one of the few in the middle that don't mind him.

Colonial a lot of his comments are intended as comedy with an attempt riling up his opponents. When he said to Vitali "I will be coming to the press conference afterwards, dont' worry, I want you to come! Don't be going to the hospital with your brother" Find it rather amusing personally... But again, maybe I'm just a bit twisted...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:57 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I've gotta ask the question, why does him displaying no "Class" even come up as a talking point as to why he shouldn't get a shot, so many people seem to say this. Listen you either love him or hate him, I'm one of the few in the middle that don't mind him.

Colonial a lot of his comments are intended as comedy with an attempt riling up his opponents. When he said to Vitali "I will be coming to the press conference afterwards, dont' worry, I want you to come! Don't be going to the hospital with your brother" Find it rather amusing personally... But again, maybe I'm just a bit twisted...

Don't know if I find that funny. I actually think Toney's brain damaged reference to the three of them - "David Gaye and the Bitschko sisters" is much more funny Laugh . Hell I would prefer to see David Haye v Toney come to think of it. That would be a laugh.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:00 pm

Toney isnt rubbish or washed up enough for Haye to fight him yet

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:38 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I've gotta ask the question, why does him displaying no "Class" even come up as a talking point as to why he shouldn't get a shot, so many people seem to say this. Listen you either love him or hate him, I'm one of the few in the middle that don't mind him.

His lack of class has nothing to do with him not getting a shot, the fact is he doesn't deserve one. He lost convincingly and needs to rebuild his reputation especially with the British fans who he effectively sold out.

His quote about going to the hospital I do not think is amussing in a sport that have seen many sustain serious injuries or even die. Just my opinion.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

He doesn't really mean it like that, if you take it literally and not just him trying to rile him up and sell the fight then you need to pop a chill pill every once in a while.

I love it how everyone is so morally sound and act as though they have never acted like a bellend.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:53 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I love it how everyone is so morally sound and act as though they have never acted like a bellend.

On a few occassions, normally under the influence. If he even had a bit of wit around him it would have been fine but he had none and Wlad was the one who came out of all of the exchanges, in and out of the ring, looking like the better man.

Nothing to do with having a chill pill Haye just seems to be on a different world where he acts like a spoilt child who deserves everything for nothing. It wasn't like he had any wit or charisma about him just idiotic comments. Why don't you like him? "Look at him he's a dick head". Was he taking advice from Degale?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down