The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitlai v Adamek write up!

+3
trottb
HumanWindmill
Seanusarrilius
7 posters

Go down

Vitlai v Adamek write up! Empty Vitlai v Adamek write up!

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:35 pm

Hey guys and gals. Here is our write up of last nights fight. Enjoy and visit us at www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Last night was Tomaz Adamek's (44-2-0 KO28) opportunity to try to prize one Klitschko grip from a world championship belt. Unlike many fighters before him Adamek came into the fight both fit and willing. A crowd of 42,000 Wroclaw partisans awaited their hero and the scene was set for a fairytale. sadly for him, Vitali Klitschko (43-2-0 KO40) is a man of science.

When the first bell rang and the men faced off it was hard to get a recurring thought of your mind. Man versus boy. This thought had been the danger putting a 6:1 former Light heavy in with a bonified Ukrainian beast that standing at 6:7. As the action commenced the fight quickly took its shape.

The first round was fairly feely, Vitali looking for openings, throwing up jabs, long one two's and moving in and out with his low guard and dominating stance. Adamek started off the only way he could, looking to move more than his foe and throw in combinations, when the opportunity allowed. The first round was not spectacular, but what was telling was a right hand that struck Adamek on the top of the head toward the end of the round and sent him stumbling backwards. The first meaningful punch had set the tone.

From round two to ten the pattern continued almost identically. Adamek, too small to get to Vitali for the most part and too weak at the weight to damage him when he did. Klitschko, never really had to leave third gear and simply blocked, stepped back or swayed his upper half before returning with one-two left and rights or energy sucking up jab come hooks to the body. In the sixth Adamek took a ten count when the ropes stopped him from going down on the back of a Vitali right hand and with every passing minute his face became a little more bruised and battered. In the tenth the action was halted by the ref in what was an excellent timed stoppage. By the tenth Vitali was the only man on the front foot with Adamek having slowed down and being methodically beaten into a now inevitable loss. When the brave Pole stopped throwing back, the ref rightly waved it off.

For Klitschko it is another win in his fortieth year as he looks to drag David Haye into the squared circle for more of the same. For Adamek, the fairytale has run its course.

It is hard to say how long Vitali Klitschsko might go on at the top end of the heavyweight division. It is clear from his ten rounds that neither the hand nor the foot speed is entirely what it once was and perhaps an excellent challenger would be able to topple the beas. the problem with that is of course that the only excellent fighter other than Vitali in the heavyweight division, shares the same surname.

At MEB we couldn't give Adamek a round and hope that he made enough money in this heavyweight run to call it a day; or decides to drop back down to a more forgiving weight category for his build.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Sun 11 Sep 2011, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Vitlai v Adamek write up! Empty Re: Vitlai v Adamek write up!

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:46 pm

Very nice account, Seanus. Thanks very much for that.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

Good review sean, am I the only one thinking that Vitali wanted to rack up therounds and anywhere after the 2nd could of put a stop to it?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:13 pm

Having watched the fight I thought Adamek did well to duck under many of the belting rights of Klitschko the problem was Adamek had no answer to the jab and was gradually getting eaten up by it. Too limited and small to trouble Vitali but still made more of an effort than Haye did against the younger of the two Ks. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:58 pm

Was a good review mate enjoyed reading... Would have liked to have read about the action in a tad more depth like describe a couple of the rounds more, but all in all very good read mate well done!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:04 pm

My "review" of the fight was that it was quite boring. You could see that Adamek was clearly out of his depth after the first round whereas it took about 4 rounds to relaise Haye was getting nowhere with Wlad. Even though Adamek looked quite elusive in phases he had nothing to trouble Vitali at all wheras Haye had at least a punchers chance. Adamek would not beat Haye if they ever fought. He has nothing at heavyweight.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:06 pm

Scary thing is Adamek beat most of the other possible challengers to the K's...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:10 pm

Well the only decent name I could see him beating was Arreola and Chris was flabby and out of shape in that fight. Seems to have trimmed down since then. To beat an aging Grant and a nobody in McBride was never going to prepare him for VK. Still I reckon Adamek could beat Povetkin. Wouldn't mind him targetting the Russian, he can beat Povetkin.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:13 pm

Cheers fellas, I normally write up a lot more round by round stuff too, i think the sniffles i have took some of the legs out of me for this one. Adamek just didn't have a hope really. That became apparent after i think the first couple rounds. Vitali wants Haye badly now though, kind of crazy Haye could get vitali in Lodnon ont he back of that Wlad performance. Couldn't get Wlad in Lonodon when he had a belt haha. Not sure Haye would take this tho, 1. Vitali might eat him alive in the pre fight press conference if haye gave it like he did with Wlad. 2. The money omnt he table surely would be nowhere near waht Haye got v Wlad?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:23 pm

Vitali doesn't seem to mind travelling, if he really wants to beat up Haye then I wouldn't be shocked about him comign to England he seems to like travelling and I wasn't being critical I know you usually write more round by round stuff, it was still a fun read.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:37 pm

As always mate a cracking write up.

More round by round stuff this time wasn't necessary same stuff from atsrt to finish pretty much.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:43 pm

cheers for your feedback Alex and prettyboykev. Rememebr boys, any articles you have, even if you post em ehre, email me and i will gladly stick them up. Thre more places we talk about boxing the better. Just watching McCloskey fight on you tube, only got first six rounds tho, anyone got the rest? From what i was seeing in first 6 rounds, McCloskey was a fair bit behind, be intersting to see next 6

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Sep 2011, 9:38 pm

Most def if I finally see a fight you haven't and post it faster than you though!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:55 am

I got the distinct impression that after he staggered Adamek in the first he carried him to the tenth. First HW world championship fight in Poland and all that.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down