The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling all Welsh Fans! !

+5
flyhalffactory
nottins_jones
manofgwent
Cymroglan
majesticimperialman
9 posters

Go down

Calling all Welsh Fans! ! Empty Calling all Welsh Fans! !

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 12 Sep - 5:41

If Stephen Jones is fit for the next game, will he/should he come straight back into the Welsh 10 shirt ahead of Priestland.

My own personal opinion is it would be a big mistake after the way Priestland played today.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Calling all Welsh Fans! ! Empty Re: Calling all Welsh Fans! !

Post by Cymroglan Mon 12 Sep - 5:45

No but could be used in final 20 min if his form is good enough.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep - 5:45

No, I'm a huge fan of Stephen, he's one of my favourite players but I wouldn't start him. I'd definitely have him on the bench though.

I think the last 10-15 mins today showed that perhaps we needed an older head on the field to steady the ship.

Taking nothing away from Priestland though, he was superb today, honestly that is teh best I've ever seen him play.

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Mon 12 Sep - 5:52

If he's available, put him on the bench.
You feel that this i's a world cup too early for some if our players. Can you imagine what our back row will be like in 4 years time.
I've criticised the he'll out of gatland for not giving these youngsters more game time, but I'm so impressed with how faletau and priestland performed. When you think Toby hassle played a proper competitive game before today. Phenomenal. Even warburton and lydiate haven't got too many caps.

I wasn't confident at all before kick off and thought that hook would be at 10 by the start of the 2nd half, but there was no need to change and if jones is fit, put him on the bench and only bring him on if we need the control he can give.

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Mon 12 Sep - 5:53

No. And he's never steadied any ship for us either. Priestland and Hook are excellent fly-halves.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 12 Sep - 6:00

Welsh thread so I should not step on anybodies toes by saying this...

Compared to the other home nation sides I believe that we are well ahead in the development of our youngster.
The nucleus of this side will still be together for a few years yet we have the potential to be regularly in the top two NH sides and be in shape to at least compete with the Southern hemisphere sides.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Mon 12 Sep - 6:03

You're wrong Cymro, England are ahead in the development of youngsters. They have the largest junior pool and they manage it well, hence the results. However if you were to say that we are ahead in transitioning the young players from the adademies to Regional and International level then you may be correct.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep - 6:04

Cymroglan wrote:Compared to the other home nation sides I believe that we are well ahead in the development of our youngster.
The nucleus of this side will still be together for a few years yet we have the potential to be regularly in the top two NH sides and be in shape to at least compete with the Southern hemisphere sides.
Is this all based on losing to an off-form SA side or coming 4th regularly in the 6Ns?

Anyway, back on topic. Priestland should stay as 10. Looks a decent prospect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep - 6:07

SafeAs, think you've mis read his post mate. He said potential to. Not what's happened in past 6N's.

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 12 Sep - 6:10

nottins_jones wrote:No. And he's never steadied any ship for us either. Priestland and Hook are excellent fly-halves.

Yes . And he has always steadied the ship for you. You just have to look at the last Scotland v Wales match Hook had lost the plot after his fantastic 20 mins, he nearly presented us with 3 tries Jones came on after Hook was hauled off by Gatland, and took the game by the scruff of the neck...... game over.

As per your views on Jon Davies and now Jones I am beginning to see your mindset now

Last edited by flyhalffactory on Mon 12 Sep - 6:11; edited 1 time in total
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane_Williams Mon 12 Sep - 6:10

NOt sure at Jones' match fitness, would rather hook or jones at 10 to Priestland, nothing against Priestland, thought he put in an ok but would be happier with one of the other 2, hook at fullback is a waste ( yes i know that phrase is over used but its true) although he wasnt too shabby at FB he can't change the game as much.

Shane_Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Mon 12 Sep - 6:13

Whoever is flyhalf we still kick too much although the wind helped some up and unders today. I would still go for Hook at 10 and Preistland on the bench or Preistland at 10 and Hook at 12 and Roberts 13. I would send S Jones home and replace him with I Thomas or I Evans where we need back up.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep - 6:15

rugbydreamer wrote:SafeAs, think you've mis read his post mate. He said potential to. Not what's happened in past 6N's.
Not really. He thinks Wales are 'well ahead' in terms of youngsters development which just seems to be an odd statement to make based on defeat today and abject performances up uptil very recently. I just think he's getting carried away.

Anyway, this is waaaaay off topic. The article is about the 10 spot that, for me, is Priestland's to lose now.

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Mon 12 Sep - 6:16

Blah blah, Martyn Williams and Stephen Jones steady the ship and should start because of their experience. I've heard it all before and all it has got us is fourth place finishes in the 6 Nations. Only when they're not playing do we look dangerous. I know you have it in for Hook flyhalf but it's getting boring now, the rate in which you keep going on about that game against Scotland that is. The game was won in the first half, Scotland never threatened our try line depsite numerous opportunities gifted to them from the ref in that half.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 12 Sep - 6:21

SafeAsMilk wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:SafeAs, think you've mis read his post mate. He said potential to. Not what's happened in past 6N's.
Not really. He thinks Wales are 'well ahead' in terms of youngsters development which just seems to be an odd statement to make based on defeat today and abject performances up uptil very recently. I just think he's getting carried away.

Anyway, this is waaaaay off topic. The article is about the 10 spot that, for me, is Priestland's to lose now.

It's still my belief but you as a fellow Welsh fan may not agree with me and you are entitled to your opinion.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep - 6:22

He's not a Welsh fan Cymro. Although of course, still entitled to his opinion Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 12 Sep - 6:23

Oh my mistake I thought the title of the article was

Calling all Welsh Fans! !

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep - 6:25

Cymroglan, if you want a Welsh-only forum you're better off going to Gwlad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 12 Sep - 6:26

Well it clearly said calling all Welsh fans so are you a Welsh fan or not ?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep - 6:27

he clearly isn't Cymro but like I've already said, he's entitled to his opinion on this board. Everyone is.

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 12 Sep - 6:27

Nottins

Were you there? We got to within 10 points with hook presenting us with 2 certain try opportunities and another almost cert, we butchered the attempts which would have put us ahead. Gatland hauled him off, Jones steadied the ship and we ended up losing by 13 points.

I havent got it in for anyone, most posters are saying today what I have said for months.

If you are going to assassinate a player then at least get the facts right about him. Jones would have played the game out today. IMHO
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep - 6:27

Look, Cymroglan you've been trying to wind up people all day. Give it a rest, eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep - 6:30

SafeAs - same goes for you on other threads. Both of you give it a rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 12 Sep - 6:33

I'm getting fed up of these idiots being allowed to troll on this site all day.
Nobody is doing anything about it.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Mon 12 Sep - 6:38

I'm not assissinating anyone. No I weren't there, I watched it live on TV where I can get a better view of everything given the camera's and angles. Not that that helps my point btw. Right, so you got to within ten points of us whilst MOTM Hook accumilated most of those points (kicks and assist) and then Scotland had what you believed to be try-scoring opportunities? This doesn't help your point. And they weren't try scoring opportunities, they usually get called that if you have a stroll to the line in which you didn't. You had the chance to spin it wide and keep an attack flowing but kept dropping the ball. You would have been tackled anyway even if you didn't drop it, in MY honest opinion Wink.

All you do is highlight the negatives about Hook and point out his bad games for us rather than the MOTM performances which vastly outweight that. Every player under-performs now and again.

@ dreamer, Cymro never winds people up?
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep - 6:47

NJ - I've just asked both of them to give it a rest, did you not read that bit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 12 Sep - 6:59

rugbydreamer wrote:No, I'm a huge fan of Stephen, he's one of my favourite players but I wouldn't start him. I'd definitely have him on the bench though.

I think the last 10-15 mins today showed that perhaps we needed an older head on the field to steady the ship.

Taking nothing away from Priestland though, he was superb today, honestly that is teh best I've ever seen him play.
Pretty much my thoughts in the top 2 lines. He hasnt played for ages, and needs to be brought back gently, Samoa isnt the game to do it, but Namibia is!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Mon 12 Sep - 7:18

no keep priestland get some continuity going, have him on the bench as is experience could be invaluable for the last 20 minutes.

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down