The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans

+50
SubsBench
BlueNote
munkian
bluestonevedder
maestegmafia
Scrumpy
Pal Joey
mystiroakey
whocares
hugehandoff
TrailApe
Hound_of_Harrow
gregortree
Morgannwg
Impossible Standards
beshocked
pioden gorllewin
bedfordwelsh
stub
RubyGuby
HongKongCherry
sickofwendy
Heaf
thebluesmancometh
Taffineastbourne
Breadvan
SecretFly
doddieman
doctor_grey
senghenydd1913
stourjim
ianto
Shifty
Knowsit17
Cari
Mad for Chelsea
RDSguru
tatterd
RuggerBoy
nathan
rainbow-warrior
2ndtimeround
Biltong
BamBam
yappysnap
Josiah Maiestas
sad_gimp
Hood83
TJ1
LondonTiger
54 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans Empty Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans

Post by LondonTiger Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:32 pm

Deserved winners and 6 Nations Champions.

Winning the championship is a great achievement especially when you have to come back from losing the first match.

Enjoy the victory.

Will not hang around as the mass of English WuMmers who will come on belittling your victory will be abhorrent to behold. Equally the gloating and baiting from the WUMmers on your side will be unpleasant and obnoxious.

Again well done and well deserved.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans Empty Re: Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans

Post by TJ1 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:33 pm

Good win with style.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans Empty Re: Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans

Post by Hood83 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:35 pm

Worthy winners. Well done Wales.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by sad_gimp Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:42 pm

Well done Wales, looked like a quality side today. We didn't have any answers.

Lost it at the breakdown, and obviously scrum. Thought Robshaw still had a good game and deserves a Lions spot but he can't do it all on his own, need to rethink the backrow.

sad_gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:43 pm

Wales did nothing special in the slightest apart from being ready and being aggressive. We were just awful and stopped playing after 50 minutes! OK
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:44 pm

A few welshmen put their hands up for lions places today.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:45 pm

Well done wales, deserved winners with a spectacular display.

Truly impressive.

England need a long hard look at them selves

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:46 pm

Yep, best team won on the day

Well done to the Welsh

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:48 pm

Yeah, Well done Wales, the difference was passion and commitment.

Wales hit every ruck with purpose and with numbers, when they turned ball over they RAN the ball, the enlgish kicked turnover possession away.

Based on that performance the english didn't deserve to win, I am sorry to say.

Now if we can just get the welsh supporters to win with humility and dignity, eh?

Last edited by Biltong on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:48 pm

Thank you, gracious in defeat speaks volumes about true fans, has to be said though good campaign from a young team on Englands part.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:49 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Wales did nothing special in the slightest apart from being ready and being aggressive. We were just awful and stopped playing after 50 minutes! OK

There's the first one hahahahahaha 27 points is pretty special my old son Smile
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:52 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:Wales did nothing special in the slightest apart from being ready and being aggressive. We were just awful and stopped playing after 50 minutes! OK

There's the first one hahahahahaha 27 points is pretty special my old son Smile

and theres the second, why take the bite. Ignore it and move on.

Well done Wales, hope you all enjoy the win!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:52 pm

They did something we have not seen alot of in this series - played out of their skins. Took 'em apart in the second half. Created chances and took them. Some very good rugby played.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:55 pm

Biltong wrote:Yeah, Well done Wales, the difference was passion and commitment.

Wales hit every ruck with purpose and with numbers, when they turned ball over they RAN the ball, the enlgish kicked turnover possession away.

Now if we can just get the welsh supporters to win with humility and dignity, eh?
Pretty sure most of us do Biltong, every nation's got a few embarresments, I find it generally comes with a low IQ,
Any Welsh fans offended by that should work out if the cap fits before either gloating or trying to attack me for not been very patriotic.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:57 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:

Pretty sure most of us do Biltong, every nation's got a few embarresments, I find it generally comes with a low IQ,
Any Welsh fans offended by that should work out if the cap fits before either gloating or trying to attack me for not been very patriotic.

Happy that you understood what I said there mate. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerBoy Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:06 pm

Any gloating Biltong, from me at least, is an overwhelming sense of relief fuelled by alcohol. I said on a different thread that I thought that for the most part England competed but obviously not enough so I don't really care about after match analysis because I really am in a state of, "We stuffed the English". - but with tongue in cheek, honestly.

The truth of it, I didn't really think we would, hope or 'hywl' finally did it for us. Cymru am byth.

RuggerBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:10 pm

Ruggerboy, make no mistake, you did stuff England, there's little debate about that.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:12 pm

Biltong wrote:Ruggerboy, make no mistake, you did stuff England, there's little debate about that.

Very Happy

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:12 pm

Haven't been on the main match thread yet but let me say, as a Welshman, the english posters on here have been VERY graceful in defeat - I applaud you all. In particular - I haven't read one complaint about the ref. Myself - i think Walsh gave you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - and I would have been majorly peed off if the boot had been on the other foot. All credit to you fans for not mentioning it. Walsh was a homer for me!

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:14 pm

Stats are interesting as ever - Philips 13 tackles? None missed.

http://www.espnscrum.com/six-nations-2013/rugby/match/133795.html

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:16 pm

Always hoped, didn't dream ... thank you for the graciousness.... but can I just say Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss, yes yes yes...

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:20 pm

TJ wrote:Stats are interesting as ever - Philips 13 tackles? None missed.

I think him and Roberts for how often they get criticised put in a massive shift in defence.

Hard lines England. I don't think anybody expected that. It was obvious Wales would front up at home, but I didn't expect us to do that. I thought a 2-3 point win maybe, but I still expected England to be champions.

Of course England will get stronger and it goes without saying that Twickenham will be massive next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm

Best game of the six nations in my opinion, very tense.

Difference was some of the Welsh players really stepping it up, the Welsh forwards, Phillips and Roberts were massive in the contact area. Tipuric was outstanding in open play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:29 pm

tatterd wrote:Haven't been on the main match thread yet but let me say, as a Welshman, the english posters on here have been VERY graceful in defeat - I applaud you all. In particular - I haven't read one complaint about the ref. Myself - i think Walsh gave you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - and I would have been majorly peed off if the boot had been on the other foot. All credit to you fans for not mentioning it. Walsh was a homer for me!

the trouble is, when you lose 30-3 you shouldn't complain about the ref, that just makes you seem bitter. I agree with you, I thought Walsh was incredibly one-eyed and gave us nothing (including allowing a bizarre turnover for the first try, which was the moment where it all started to really go horribly wrong). However, he's not the reason we lost, we were outplayed, outfought, outthought, fullstop.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:32 pm

Once again well done Wales. Welsh fans enjoy the feeling of recording what I think was a new record score against us!

England didn't even deserve the three, kicking away everything?! What the duck was the gameplan?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:32 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
TJ wrote:Stats are interesting as ever - Philips 13 tackles? None missed.

I think him and Roberts for how often they get criticised put in a massive shift in defence.

Hard lines England. I don't think anybody expected that. It was obvious Wales would front up at home, but I didn't expect us to do that. I thought a 2-3 point win maybe, but I still expected England to be champions.

Of course England will get stronger and it goes without saying that Twickenham will be massive next year.
Rather not think about that, thats a really young England team and those boys are going to be hurting, I doubt 12 months will dull the desire for revenge.
For me all the criticism the 6 nations has recieved this year is nonsense, yes Ireland have suffered Kidney failure and are on the death bed of the current regime and France have imploded but Scotland and Italy have played much better this year, England have fallen just 1 game short of a Grand Slam with an inexperienced side that are clearly targeting 2015 not 2013 and Wales have finally discovered they can still play without WG in the corner.
Ireland to will surely get stronger after this from a Kidney transplant.
France never stay down for long either so I think we will see further improvement from all 6 nations teams, guess we will find out for sure in the Autumn.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:34 pm

yappysnap wrote:Once again well done Wales. Welsh fans enjoy the feeling of recording what I think was a new record score against us!

England didn't even deserve the three, kicking away everything?! What the duck was the gameplan?

England actually kicked less than Wales (according to the stats). The trouble was they kicked at the wrong times (ie turnover ball). I actually thought when they weren't going anywhere with the ball in midfield they could have kicked to the corners a bit more, given that they had decent joy at the Welsh line-out. Having said that, I'm not sure what England's gameplan was...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:35 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Deserved winners and 6 Nations Champions.

Winning the championship is a great achievement especially when you have to come back from losing the first match.

Enjoy the victory.

Will not hang around as the mass of English WuMmers who will come on belittling your victory will be abhorrent to behold. Equally the gloating and baiting from the WUMmers on your side will be unpleasant and obnoxious.

Again well done and well deserved.

Thank you Hug Well done to England in coming a close second and commiserations to fans. However, england seem to be building nicely for the RWC in two years. I honestly wasn't expecting Wales to win the tournament this year. I thought they'd come fourth (sorry boys!).

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:46 pm

No wumming from me. Commiserations England and a well-deserved second place at the very least. I can assure all I will now commence slapping myself to verify today wasn't all a dream! I was sceptical/borderline confident before the start but I did not see that coming!

Cymru Am Byth
6N Champs 2012 - 2013 Wales

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:50 pm

I think Wales have a big nasty pack of experienced / streetwise forwards and when Wales play in the slow, niggly, error ridden 6 nations, in cold weather. it suits them down to the ground.

Yet against fast, skillful Tri Nations rugby players we look slow and ponderous and can't get into games. Or are simply blown off the park.

We always seem to come into the 6 nations without hope because we always lose so many games prior to them, but this also takes the pressure off Wales too, as the fans are disheartened.

It's a very odd balance.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:53 pm

tatterd wrote:Haven't been on the main match thread yet but let me say, as a Welshman, the english posters on here have been VERY graceful in defeat - I applaud you all. In particular - I haven't read one complaint about the ref. Myself - i think Walsh gave you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - and I would have been majorly peed off if the boot had been on the other foot. All credit to you fans for not mentioning it. Walsh was a homer for me!
I have to admit, to me it looked like Walsh got peeved off at the english at scrumtime, and from there the scrum decisions just went south for them.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:58 pm

Well at least the BBC pundits weren't one eyed about it... Wink

Spoiler:

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by ianto Sat 16 Mar 2013, 8:02 pm

Magnificent and tense game, congratulations to both teams for providing a spectacle to enjoy.

ianto

Back to top Go down

Post by stourjim Sat 16 Mar 2013, 8:05 pm

From 1 to 15 Wales were better than England but the English press pick a Lions team of Englishmen. The English team is weaker than it need be because the columnists are believed.

stourjim

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:38 pm

Cari wrote:Well at least the BBC pundits weren't one eyed about it... Wink

Spoiler:
Laugh Laugh great photo Cari - priceless!!

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:39 pm

Great isn't it? Spot the Welshman...or Guess Which Team Won...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by senghenydd1913 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:47 pm

Great Win-but thank you saes for a good game (and thats not a wum) was truly a good test match.I actually see this England side being very good before long.
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:47 pm

Really hard to know where to start. Wales as a team were better, and more so as the match wore on. Congratulations on a one sided and decisive win. Simply blew us away.

to the victor goes the spoils..............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:56 pm

Roger will be happy you get a lot of bonus money for finishing top of the 6 Nations. It will make the WRU finances look good again this season. Yahoo
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by doddieman Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:24 pm

Never expected us to win much at all this year, feels amazing that we've won overall. Still think theres problems with the offensive tactics, we dont penetrate well on our own ball, but can't fault the defense and effort all round. England are a force to be reckoned with and shouldn't take the result as any need to change anything.
Well done boys, sorry I ever doubted you!

doddieman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:37 pm

Congratulations Wales. What can you say - a Force of Nature that couldn't be resisted on the day.

It's nice at the top... I hear! Greeting from the bottom Wink Enjoy the afterglow.

And England too, yeah, blown off the field on the day.... but more than enough to work with and ponder and do the homework on. The implosion of 'what might have been' will I'm sure hurt like hell in the coming days and weeks... but 2nd isn't so bad to bank for now and move on with.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:45 pm

Yeh we'll done Walsh....sorry Wales Wink
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:45 pm

Thought that we would win comfortably as I couldn't see where England could hurt us.Did not expect that level of dominance.Some very overrated English players and some very underestimated Welsh players judging from the English media.
I long for the day of balanced,informed journalism rather than jingoistic claptrap.I could see that Englandwere not what the press made them out to be and that the lack of respect shown to Wales was a huge banana skin just waiting for them in Cardiff.
Respect to the English fans who have shown good grace.
Balance,fairness and honesty would go a long way in improving the 6N's coverage in the British media.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:49 pm

Goode was dire. Foden needs a recall stat!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:06 am

I'd like to extend a huge thanks to LT and co for the congratulatory messages, and I can only apologies sincerely for the likes of rainblow, t1000 and co who gloat like the morons they are.

I have nothing but sympathy for the English players, especially Robshaw and Cole who were immense in a totally beaten pack!!

This English team hasn't become a bad one, and in no way did that result reflect the team or tournament theyve had, I think it was more a case of inexperience on the day.

I'm sure this young and talented England side will only get better (scary!!!) and they'll learn and use this type of pain!!

Great first half that really did the tournament proud IMHO

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 17 Mar 2013, 2:26 am

Biltong wrote:
I have to admit, to me it looked like Walsh got peeved off at the english at scrumtime, and from there the scrum decisions just went south for them.

Walsh got peeved off at the English years ago - makes you wonder why the IRB let him ref England matches.

Fair play to Wales though - a deserved win.

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:34 am

Having slept on it I feel I need to revise my opinion.

Extremely well done.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:41 am

Wales were brilliant,better by a country mile in every aspect of the game.well done !!!!!

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:52 am

The half time score of Wales v Ireland was announced on the tannoy at Gloucester, which was met with a huge cheer and much laughter. To have gone from that to Championship winners is a fantastic achievement and Wales are deserved champions. clap

In the long run this rather humbling result should hold England in good stead. The players should use the humiliation to spur them on and hopefully this will make Lancaster abandon his notion of playing a midfield without creativity and playing a good full back as a poor left wing.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:01 am

Whilst I think that might have played a part the real diference was skill and execution when it mattered. Dominance in the scrum and a better technique all round. A strong and commited defence coupled with far better game awareness behind the scrum. I belive England were passionate and commited, the were just well beaten by a more incisive, powerful and intelligent team on the day thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next