The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans

+50
SubsBench
BlueNote
munkian
bluestonevedder
maestegmafia
Scrumpy
Pal Joey
mystiroakey
whocares
hugehandoff
TrailApe
Hound_of_Harrow
gregortree
Morgannwg
Impossible Standards
beshocked
pioden gorllewin
bedfordwelsh
stub
RubyGuby
HongKongCherry
sickofwendy
Heaf
thebluesmancometh
Taffineastbourne
Breadvan
SecretFly
doddieman
doctor_grey
senghenydd1913
stourjim
ianto
Shifty
Knowsit17
Cari
Mad for Chelsea
RDSguru
tatterd
RuggerBoy
nathan
rainbow-warrior
2ndtimeround
Biltong
BamBam
yappysnap
Josiah Maiestas
sad_gimp
Hood83
TJ1
LondonTiger
54 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans - Page 3 Empty Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans

Post by LondonTiger Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Deserved winners and 6 Nations Champions.

Winning the championship is a great achievement especially when you have to come back from losing the first match.

Enjoy the victory.

Will not hang around as the mass of English WuMmers who will come on belittling your victory will be abhorrent to behold. Equally the gloating and baiting from the WUMmers on your side will be unpleasant and obnoxious.

Again well done and well deserved.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans

Post by mystiroakey Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:10 pm

anyway the lions shouldnt be worrying about the Aussies weakneses or strengths. They should just be trying to play the best rugby possible and let Aus counter them/us.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans

Post by lostinwales Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:24 pm

tatterd wrote:Haven't been on the main match thread yet but let me say, as a Welshman, the english posters on here have been VERY graceful in defeat - I applaud you all. In particular - I haven't read one complaint about the ref. Myself - i think Walsh gave you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - and I would have been majorly peed off if the boot had been on the other foot. All credit to you fans for not mentioning it. Walsh was a homer for me!

Well I'll say that Walsh was an absolute .... Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans - Page 3 177851 Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans - Page 3 177851 Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans - Page 3 177851 . Cant help thinking something has to be fixed if the ref ends up being so prominent. My favourite was Robshaw on his feet trying to rip the ball off isolated welsh player holding on - Walsh just stands there until he decides he can penalize Youngs for being off his feet, or being English, or whatever.

Did it have a bearing on the result? a small one. Wales were superior all over the place, especially when they did get turnover ball they seemed to really hurt England. It was one of 'those' performances - like England NZ in the autumn. Be interesting to see how often they can repeat the performance.

England defense was often heroic (so was Wales) Attack - they manufactured a couple of chances but execution was still pants. Farrell looked good but the team as a whole seemed a little tired/disinterested. They still almost totally failed to release Tuilagi with the ball - (I can think of about 3 times - one he knocked on, one he did his usual smash through a couple of defenders but not in a dangerous way and once when Roberts picked him up and dumped him.)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:36 pm

thumbsup Very Happy

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 18 Mar 2013, 2:02 pm

Well done Wales

Easily deserved that win and made us pay for those loose turnovers in the 2nd half then once your tails were up, it was over.

Disappointed with 2nd but still a few positives from this 6N for England. That match only had Brown's tap tackle though really

Good to see Roberts and Warbs and, dare I even say it, Phillips find some great form and Tips looks top notch. Halfpenny nailed on Man of the Tournament for me
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 18 Mar 2013, 2:04 pm

Oh, also Farrell's kick through to Brown (that unfortunately saw Brown's offload knocked down - backwards and legally- by the player tackling him) was class too, real League style kick
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 18 Mar 2013, 2:27 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Oh, also Farrell's kick through to Brown (that unfortunately saw Brown's offload knocked down - backwards and legally- by the player tackling him) was class too, real League style kick

Yeh, that was a lovely kick. Beautifully hit with the outside of his boot- great stuff. Like you say, one of the very sparse positives.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Mon 18 Mar 2013, 2:47 pm

Farrell's tackling is very good.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3