The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans

+50
SubsBench
BlueNote
munkian
bluestonevedder
maestegmafia
Scrumpy
Pal Joey
mystiroakey
whocares
hugehandoff
TrailApe
Hound_of_Harrow
gregortree
Morgannwg
Impossible Standards
beshocked
pioden gorllewin
bedfordwelsh
stub
RubyGuby
HongKongCherry
sickofwendy
Heaf
thebluesmancometh
Taffineastbourne
Breadvan
SecretFly
doddieman
doctor_grey
senghenydd1913
stourjim
ianto
Shifty
Knowsit17
Cari
Mad for Chelsea
RDSguru
tatterd
RuggerBoy
nathan
rainbow-warrior
2ndtimeround
Biltong
BamBam
yappysnap
Josiah Maiestas
sad_gimp
Hood83
TJ1
LondonTiger
54 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans - Page 2 Empty Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans

Post by LondonTiger Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Deserved winners and 6 Nations Champions.

Winning the championship is a great achievement especially when you have to come back from losing the first match.

Enjoy the victory.

Will not hang around as the mass of English WuMmers who will come on belittling your victory will be abhorrent to behold. Equally the gloating and baiting from the WUMmers on your side will be unpleasant and obnoxious.

Again well done and well deserved.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans

Post by stub Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:04 am

Well done Wales - I really didn't see that margin of victory coming! Should imagine there's a few think heads around this morning!

stub

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations Wales and the Welsh Fans

Post by sickofwendy Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:09 am

Don't forget your team's ability to draw the man and pass the ball.England were hopeless because of how well Wales played,to bounce back from all those defeats is a remarkable achievement,enjoy the plauditz because they are well deserved.

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:12 am

sickofwendy wrote:Don't forget your team's ability to draw the man and pass the ball.England were hopeless because of how well Wales played,to bounce back from all those defeats is a remarkable achievement,enjoy the plauditz because they are well deserved.

That would be skill and execution thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:22 am

Exactly my point Ale

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:25 am

It wouldn't of mattered who was in the England side,if we had a proper 8 and 11 I don't think any side would have lived with Wales yesterday.The exciting thing for Wales is this squad is now battle hardened.once again I say well played.

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:31 am

stub wrote:Well done Wales - I really didn't see that margin of victory coming! Should imagine there's a few think heads around this morning!

Stub,

I dont think many did see that scoreline coming and yes my heads thick lol
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:37 am

LondonTiger wrote:Deserved winners and 6 Nations Champions.

Winning the championship is a great achievement especially when you have to come back from losing the first match.

Enjoy the victory.

Will not hang around as the mass of English WuMmers who will come on belittling your victory will be abhorrent to behold. Equally the gloating and baiting from the WUMmers on your side will be unpleasant and obnoxious.

OK
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:14 pm

Well done Wales. Well deserved victory and 6 nations title.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:33 pm

This thread seems the more sensible to comment on. It was a great game, for us it was a game we finally clicked. Credit to the english fans who helped make the atmosphere with rendidons of swing low. The 1st half was a close battle. The 2nd was unexpected for me but very pleasing to watch.

For Wales, we need to move on to getting a victory over a SH team.
For England - The core of a good team but will need some work. Don't lose site of what you can achieve when you play to the best of your ability (AB's victory).

I will now sink back down to recover.... thumbsup
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 17 Mar 2013, 6:22 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Deserved winners and 6 Nations Champions.

Enjoy the victory.

About time Wales got some congratulations Wink. And thankyou.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 17 Mar 2013, 6:29 pm

LT - thanks for creating this opportunity.
Well done Wales clap no grumbles from me (well maybe allow me small a groan about Walsh... ok that's better) but Wales are deserving champs. I hope England can learn from this hard lesson. And I look forward to the better England players teaming up with the Welsh and the others, for a great Lions team . Hug

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 17 Mar 2013, 6:32 pm

Steve Welsh thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:31 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
stub wrote:Well done Wales - I really didn't see that margin of victory coming! Should imagine there's a few think heads around this morning!

Stub,

I dont think many did see that scoreline coming and yes my heads thick lol

Well worth a bit of pain now though I should think!?

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:57 pm

Already I'm looking forward to a bit of retribution next year boxing

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:59 pm

No congrats from Jimpy? Crying or Very sad

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:28 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Steve Welsh thumbsup
Quite, Ruby, not that Wales needed the help.
As if Tom Youngs was not having difficulties enough, did he need to be told by to adjust his footing by ~ 10 mms, then again, picard before Walsh would allow the scrum to continue ? What in heavens was Walsh doing other than bitching England just for fun ?

Anyway, well done Wales.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:43 pm

gregortree wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Steve Welsh thumbsup
Quite, Ruby, not that Wales needed the help.
As if Tom Youngs was not having difficulties enough, did he need to be told by to adjust his footing by ~ 10 mms, then again, picard before Walsh would allow the scrum to continue ? What in heavens was Walsh doing other than bitching England just for fun ?

Anyway, well done Wales.
No match needs Steve Walsh. Clearly Wales did not need Walsh yesterday, England were clueless enough. But I would prefer not to see this guy referee any match.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Sun 17 Mar 2013, 10:00 pm

Do refs have to go through any character or personality tests before they pass,because Walsh is lacking in both.
This is not an excuse,if you think it is read my earlier posts.

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 17 Mar 2013, 10:04 pm

sickofwendy wrote:Do refs have to go through any character or personality tests before they pass,because Walsh is lacking in both.

They go through rigorous psych assessments. If during this process they are found to actually have personalities then they are auotmatically rejected - Those who have had frontal lobotomys are fast tracked to the welsh games thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Sun 17 Mar 2013, 10:09 pm

That seemsthe logical step Shocked
Thank you thumbsup

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:33 am

RubyGuby wrote:
sickofwendy wrote:Do refs have to go through any character or personality tests before they pass,because Walsh is lacking in both.

They go through rigorous psych assessments. If during this process they are found to actually have personalities then they are auotmatically rejected - Those who have had frontal lobotomys are fast tracked to the welsh games thumbsup

I thought with Walsh it was 'a bottle in front of me'.

Headscratch

In all seriousness, congrats Wales. OK

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Mon 18 Mar 2013, 8:53 am

Congratulations Wales - good gritty campaign.

You deserve the title.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:06 am

Many congratulations Wales on a superb victory. You were superior in every department and are deserved 6N winners. I was at the match and thoroughly enjoyed the atsmosphere, stadium and the whole occaison. Of course as the match was so one sided people were actually being nice and sympathetic to us poor people clad in white. Several hip flasks kept being passed to us to help deaden the feeling. Of course Walsh was very harsh on England but that played no impact on the outcome.

It was a long train journey home on Saturday evening with Deliah sung non-stop for 2 hours. I have only just left St Thomas's hospital having had my chariot surgically removed. The difficult part now is not over reacting and ensuring England continue to build for 2015.

In the meantime I will be fervently behind the core of this very good Welsh side in what I hope will be a famous Lions victory this summer. Well done again!

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:16 am

Cymru c'est fantastique !
well done Wales thumbsup

ps: I thought that Walsh had a good performance trying to let the game flow as usual.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:18 am

Very well deserved,

Gonna be honest this was even more impressive than last years GS for my money.

Beefy and the 'GS is the only important thing' crew. take note.

Youy came back from adversity.

I knew once you won one game you would be a force to reakon with. This shows alot more character and alot more about you as a team to get better and better throughout a tourny..

Well done lads.

I am flipping gutted today.. But hey I am pleased for you welshies..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:22 am

the important thing for Wales is to build on this win going forward. And that will not be easy with the Lions tour coming up as your players will be knackered, but there is no doubt that your 1st XV is world class. Good enough to win in 2015, but no more swings in performance. Injuries will be key as like any side losing just 1 or 2 keys players seems to make a massive difference.

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:26 am

From an English and Welsh perspective the lions is coming at the wrong time.

No one truely knows how good either team is to be honest.

This result was a bit of a freak. To beat England by 27 is only something that could happen under this sort of situation..

Neither are the full ticket as yet. both have questions that need answering soon...

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:29 am

"No one truely knows how good either team is to be honest."

England can lose to anyone on their day.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:30 am

hugehandoff wrote:the important thing for Wales is to build on this win going forward. And that will not be easy with the Lions tour coming up as your players will be knackered, but there is no doubt that your 1st XV is world class. Good enough to win in 2015, but no more swings in performance. Injuries will be key as like any side losing just 1 or 2 keys players seems to make a massive difference.
We managed ok without Luke Charteris,Bradley Davies and Dan Lydiate.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:39 am

whocares wrote:Cymru c'est fantastique !
well done Wales thumbsup

ps: I thought that Walsh had a good performance trying to let the game flow as usual.

I thought Walsh was good too. Him and Nigel Owens are the only two who can hold their heads up high after this tournament. I've always thought Walsh was a good referee. But I don't understand his certain interpretations at the breakdown, like when Robshaw made what I thought was a good turnover and he got pinged for it. The exact same thing happened to Warburton just minutes later (this is how Eng got their 3 points).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:30 am

I don't know about that, Morgs.

I thought Walsh seemed to 'have it in' for England. That scrum where he pointed to the blade of grass and broke it up 3 times before eventually giving the penalty - there was something a little cynical and nasty about singling out Hartley. Just my observations. He'd done England hardly any favours all match.

Congratulations though mate. It was a fantastic win and well worth staying up for! Wales are a great side to watch when they get going.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:32 am

Thanks LB... I did think he was harsh on England at times too, but oh well we've been on the receiving end enough in the past season so it's about time somebody else had it!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:36 am

Linebreak - It was Tom Youngs wasn't it? I might be wrong by that stage my eyes were watering. Crying or Very sad

as he was subbed just after as Walsh didn't like the look of him? his got a little bit of a wandering eye thing going on but thats no reason to dislike the guy.

At the end of the day England was found wanting and Wales deserved to win whoever the Ref was.

Last edited by VictorU3 on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:43 am

Yeah, it flows both ways. I've also noticed how some referees seem to soften up with certain teams over the years. We've been on both the receiving end - just ask your mate Biltong Smile - and the rough end of interpretations but the tricky aspect for teams is how to keep on top of the scrum & breakdown rules (for the various refs) which have been redefined in recent years.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:45 am

You may be right Victor - he was subbed off with around 20 to go? It was probably just after that part of the game.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:49 am

Linebreaker wrote:I don't know about that, Morgs.

I thought Walsh seemed to 'have it in' for England. That scrum where he pointed to the blade of grass and broke it up 3 times before eventually giving the penalty - there was something a little cynical and nasty about singling out Hartley. Just my observations. He'd done England hardly any favours all match.

Congratulations though mate. It was a fantastic win and well worth staying up for! Wales are a great side to watch when they get going.

I never rated Steve Walsh, though now he seems to have become a very good referee.

I was listening on the Referee channel on the WRU radio at the game and I have to say i thought Walsh was excellent, far better than any other ref this tournament. At the breakdown, both Robshaw and Warburton were penalised early on, they asked the reason and he told them clearly and concisely in a way that seemed to solve their problems. The other referees don't share that empathy with the players at all.

The scrum he kept telling England what they were doing wrong and they were making different mistakes each scrum. They were struggling to deal with a bigger stronger and more experienced pack. He gave England time and opportunity, I think the first few scrums had several resets, many after did too. Walsh showed so much more patience than Clancy or Joubert.

Thing is in the modern game, if you lose your scrums, concede plenty of penalties and your players keep knocking on, you are going to have a torrid afternoon.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:51 am

Wandering eye Laugh

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:54 am

Wales were sublime- huge congratulations to all of you, and I hope you enjoyed the drinks on Saturday night!

Wales beat every one of our players 1-23, so no complaints about result. Certainly the best team on the day won.

Some brilliant performances from the Welsh boys, but the ones that stood out for me were Adam Jones, Evans, and Tipuric. Excellent.

Well done again, and you certainly deserved the trophy, so enjoy every moment of it. Ale

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:54 am

VictorU3 wrote:Linebreak - It was Tom Youngs wasn't it? as he was subbed just after as Walsh didn't like the look of him?

The amount of bad language from Youngs, Marler, Ashton and Parling when they were near the referee was disgraceful. In comparison to the rest of the players they stood out.

It would be no surprise if a referee took a dislike to some one constantly using that type of language after he has made a decision.

I also regularly heard Robshaw, Cole, Launchbury, Wood and Ben Youngs. All very polite and deals excellently with the referee. He is a good guys to base the England team around.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:56 am

I think the England front row need to undertake a degree in Surveying before Walsh refs them again.
I know he was trying desperately to set the standard high but I just thought he was perhaps a little OTT.

(it must be them tattoos... makes him feel real BIG when he is on stage) Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:00 am

People say he gave England a hard time but they were lucky not to get carded with so many scrum infringements - deserved or not.

I preferred his style of reffing - letting the game flow than the Scot V Wales snoozefest where everything was picked up on.

The Welsh front row were much more streetwise and made 'friends' with him, the English front row argued and looked petulent
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:01 am

I'm fed up with players trying to ref the game.

The only player who should talk to the Ref is the Captain, if a player feels hard done by then mention it to your captain otherwise put up or shut up.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:12 am

I'm fed up with players trying to ref the game.

The only player who should talk to the Ref is the Captain, if a player feels hard done by then mention it to your captain otherwise put up or shut up.

I couldn't agree more. Although if that was the case I think Mike Phillips would explode not being able to tell the ref what to do.
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:27 am

Thank you England fans for being so gracious. It was a one-off, I don't suppose we 'll see that happen again any time soon.
When I think back to the misery of that first half against Ireland, it just shows how little is sometimes needed to change to turn a team around. My feeling was that England were a bit unbalanced in places on Saturday, partly through injuries (Morgan) and partly through over-conservative selection, and that it won't take much tweaking for this to be just a bad memory and a source of motivation for them.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:28 am

In fairness, it's the scrum half's job to tell the ref what to do.

I was at the game and also in the GS games in 05,08 and 12. This was the best atmosphere out of all 4 games.

The two things that concerns me from a Welsh point of view is that firstly a lot of Welsh players will now go on the Lions tour and that is really going to hurt us next season, would be much better for us if we were touring a SH nation as we are now in the best position to get that elusive scalp. Secondly England are a young team and with Lancaster at the helm they will learn a lot from this defeat. England went through a lot of pain 1999-2001 and we all know what happened in 2003.

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:39 am

Congratulations Wales. What turnaround from a few weeks ago - what is they say about form and class?

clap

On the subject of Walsh - I think it made not a jot of difference to the end result, and I liked the way he allowed the game to actually flow. Had the occassional rant at the telly of course, but that is perfectly normal - and I am hideously one-eyed for that 80 minutes or so!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 18 Mar 2013, 12:34 pm

Coming out from under a slab like a teenage girl who's been dissed at a school disco, I have to say congrats to Wales. My worst fears have materialised in our front five (especially) were slaughtered.

The crowd was immense to complement a huge team performance.

Well done Wales.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 18 Mar 2013, 12:41 pm

greytiger wrote:Coming out from under a slab like a teenage girl who's been dissed at a school disco, I have to say congrats to Wales. My worst fears have materialised in our front five (especially) were slaughtered.

The crowd was immense to complement a huge team performance.

Well done Wales.

What do you think the solution for the front five is greytiger?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:09 pm

Starting front :Vunipola / Corbs in for Marler. Hartley for Youngs
Marler / Youngs to remain in EPS squad for development.
Parling & Launchberry - I'd have these starting with Morgan back at 8 to add the necessary oomph behind them. Wood & Robshaw to complete the pack.
The other Vanipola on bench for some introduction to international game time. Croft to continue his rehab and shake off his ring rust.
BUT the Lions tour wlil take one or two of these, so the Argie tour is the next chance for Lancs to try and patch up the pack with some untried new'uns. Then there are the back three top sort out .............. Shocked

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:09 pm

no Vanipolas for me. Dont rate them. They need to shift some fat first

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next