The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best natural asset a Boxer can have??

+19
Fists of Fury
Mind the windows Tino.
oneorthree
Steffan
Seanusarrilius
Imperial Ghosty
ONETWOFOREVER
Michaels, Sean
coxy0001
kevchadders
BALTIMORA
bhb001
School Project
Rowley
sodhat
captain carrantuohil
eddyfightfan
Scottrf
TRUSSMAN66
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What is the best natural asset a Boxer can have?? - Page 3 Empty What is the best natural asset a Boxer can have??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Speed - If you're quicker chances are you'll get off first....

Power - You'll only need to land once as opposed to maybe a speedster who has to wear his opponent down! Always in any fight.

Durability - Sure without the other two you are limited but people lose speed the longer the fight gets and power punchers get arm weary leaving you there maybe to take over in the later rounds..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

What is the best natural asset a Boxer can have?? - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the best natural asset a Boxer can have??

Post by zx1234 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:17 pm

durability is not the main asset for me, most journeymen fighters (not bums) are quite durable and that didn't get them very far

speed as has been said above can win a fight on points and prospects often get dodgy tkos through their speed due to an accumulation of not particularly hurtful punches

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What is the best natural asset a Boxer can have?? - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the best natural asset a Boxer can have??

Post by coxy0001 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 8:51 pm

But coxy has caddied for his brother so we should forget what the professionals and commentators think about them, he's to go to expert on the subject!

Firstly, i don't have a brother. It was for a friend who was my foursomes partner after i wound down playing at a serious level.

And a caddie will only offer input where it's needed, they will NEVER try and talk a player out of a shot as it creates doubts and having had that before the player will order the caddy off the course if he contradicts what the player is thinking.

The caddy is there for support and having yardages in a very intrinsic game, nothing more. Me and my mate pretty much hit the ball the exact distance, did i ever tell him what to hit on a shot? Nope, i'd wait for him to ask and then always say "well, maybe it's the 7 but if you feel the 6 go for it" when stuck on a shot. I'd never go "hit the 7" as if he's feeling the 6 and wants a bit of encouragement to just hit the shot he needs just that - not a doubt going against what he's thinking inside.

A good caddie offers those words, a good caddie once the player then says "7" you then praise. If he changes his mind you then reassure that it's all on shot selection and both clubs are right depending on what you wanna try and do with it.

There's a free lesson in how a pro and his caddie works guys

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:01 pm

coxy0001 wrote:It was for a friend who was my foursomes partner

That was the only bit that caught my attention...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:04 pm

Cheers coxy. I knew how it worked at the professional level, but glad you were there to tell us about the amateur level.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:10 pm

Steffan wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:It was for a friend who was my foursomes partner

That was the only bit that caught my attention...

Regarding yourself i could write a 3000 word essay on Jack Johnson and you'd see "interracial" and be in a frenzy

And Scott - be quiet. Still playing the same courses as the pros, off the same tees just minus 1000 people on every hole to help look for your ball

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:57 am

Being Welsh?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3