The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats The Best Way To Sell Fights?? - Personality Wise

2 posters

Go down

Whats The Best Way To Sell Fights?? - Personality Wise Empty Whats The Best Way To Sell Fights?? - Personality Wise

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 15 Sep 2011, 5:29 am

No doubt you have to have some form of good skill and a decent opponent to be on PPV and of course generally doing something good in the ring but from this you have to sell a fight with your image personality and possible antics surrounding the fight, but what's the best way to do that?
As history shows us there are many ways of doing this -
Perhaps a David Haye type character gobby, some may say vile comments others may say funny comments generally goading the opponent and spouting nasty things at them and making bold claims. Perhaps a Mike Tyson being a massively controversial character in trouble with the law and having a big bad boy image that people have a strange fascination with. Perhaps you could be an Oscar De La Hoya or Frank Bruno type character, people know you're not the greatest ever but you are still good and people love to see you succeed because you've captured peoples hearts in being such a great guy. Maybe being a Floyd Mayweather look at me I'm too good for everybody type of fighter, or the polar opposite of being a nice humble quiet guy in a Manny Pacqiaou or perhaps Cotto. There are clearly many ways in which to get PPV Sales and a big following!
My questions are what is the best way to make the most money and garner interest throughout your career in other words make PPV sales? Also a talking point and a little bit of getting to know you type of thing how would you go about it if you were a prizefighter, what character traits would you personally hold?
I think I'd be of a bit of a David Haye type of character personally and would say all sorts of stuff about my opponents bordering on bragging but trying to maintain some form of dignity. Although that is not really me, that is the way I would sell myself and hopefully back it up!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Whats The Best Way To Sell Fights?? - Personality Wise Empty Re: Whats The Best Way To Sell Fights?? - Personality Wise

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 15 Sep 2011, 8:59 am

A cool nickname always works. Good examples would be Tommy "hit-man"Hearns brilliant and to the point a man who gets paid to destroy people.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down